HELP WITH FINDING THINGS.

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

HELP WITH FINDING THINGS.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I do wish there was an index of items, spells, book and page number included for the Rifter.
That would help a LOT!!!

I'm looking for a crystal lantern that uses mirrors, has 8 sides (I THINK), the plant that hardens horses hooves, a spell that opens a gate and is available to the earth warlock, and a war gryphon. What books are they in and page numbers are they on?

It's crazy that they don't do a Rifter of just the items and spells JUST for PFRPG and Rifts RPG. THAT WOULD REALLY HELP A LOT!!! Heck, just a list of the things would help.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Prysus
Champion

Re: HELP WITH FINDING THINGS.

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. On my phone and at work, so specifics would be hard at the moment, but I'll try to help the best I can.

The first two don't sound familiar to me.

I'm rather sure there's a earth warlock spell with a gateway in Rifter #8. The article was nature based, so the plant horse resin thing may be in here too (but just.a wild guess).

War Gryphons sound vaguely familiar, and I kind of want to say another Rifter, the one dealing with mounted combat. I don't know the issue number, but a look at the Rifter Index in the Rifter forum can probably answer that easy enough. Again, on my phone so hard to check (this message is a pain in itself).

The fact I think the last two are in a Rifter makes me suspect the same about the first two as well, but I don't recall them so I cannot say. Anyways, I think that's all for now. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

pblackcrow wrote:I do wish there was an index of items, spells, book and page number included for the Rifter.
That would help a LOT!!!

I'm looking for a crystal lantern that uses mirrors, has 8 sides (I THINK), the plant that hardens horses hooves, a spell that opens a gate and is available to the earth warlock, and a war gryphon. What books are they in and page numbers are they on?

It's crazy that they don't do a Rifter of just the items and spells JUST for PFRPG and Rifts RPG. THAT WOULD REALLY HELP A LOT!!! Heck, just a list of the things would help.

I think that's The Green Door from Rifter 8, page 37. PM me your email address and I can send you an Excel file that has all the spells in just about every Palladium book for a quick reference.
pblackcrow
Champion

Found the crystal lantern in Rifter #21. I can't find anything on mounted combat in the index. Really annoyed right now with the index.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Thanks I'll check it out and see if it is there.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Rappanui could be right (he suggested Rifter 5), but the article I was thinking of (I believe) is:

By Lance & Speed of Wing - - 33, R#19 (Rifter 19, more commonly remembered for its skill article)

It had special Horsemanship skills and such for flyers and I think some rules for mounted combat. I could be wrong as I'm going from memory (again at work and on my phone). I also don't know if it had the war gryphons, it just seemed a likely/logical location.

Anyways, hope you find all your answers. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The Great Gryphon can be found on p36 of Rifter #19 which is what Prysus is thinking off.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
pblackcrow
Champion

Thank you guys!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Which Rifter has Ironhoof? I've read it but not sure what it is or does. And AGAIN, I wish someone would make a comprehensive list of just the creatures, OCCs, items, etc in these books!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

pblackcrow wrote:Which Rifter has Ironhoof? I've read it but not sure what it is or does. And AGAIN, I wish someone would make a comprehensive list of just the creatures, OCCs, items, etc in these books!

Greetings and Salutations. I forgot all about this thread. Well, I'm actually home this time and not at work (or out of town), so I have actual access to my books (not going from memory anymore) and good internet access. With such, I looked for Ironhoof and found it in about 2 minutes of looking. The answer is ...

Rifter #3, page 14 (the article starts on page 11). The title is: "From the Dangerous to the Magical, to the Just Plain Useful" by Randi Cartier (writer for the unpublished Old Kingdom manuscripts), but the Rifter Index and the table of contents has it listed as "Critters, Magic and Herbs."

Anyways, hope that helps. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

pblackcrow
Champion

Thanks again Man.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Okay, let's play this game again. Blood sucking flying squirrels, where are they at?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

pblackcrow wrote:Okay, let's play this game again. Blood sucking flying squirrels, where are they at?

Greetings and Salutations. That's the Night Glider in Rifter #8: The Mysteries of the Deep Forest, page 32-33. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

pblackcrow
Champion

Thanks again.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I made up a list of all the magic items in the rifters.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=131372

It lists the spells as per what types of magic they are.
And both spells and items are listed per issue w/page #.
-------
Green Doorway
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
pblackcrow
Champion

Ok...And a great job, with that. Missed a few items here and there, but over all nice job!
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”