Another big thank you from over the pond

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Soldier of Od
Hero

Another big thank you from over the pond

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Okay, so I am joining the growing list of people thanking the Palladium staff and freelancers for putting on the Open House, and for once again making it a simply fantastic experience. I’m British, so I’m not one for hyperbole or gushing sentiment, but I have to say that both my experiences of the Open House have been really special, and it I am truly sad that it is over. After having such a great time two years ago I thought that this trip might not live up to expectations (what with the ‘experiencing-amazing-things-for-the-first-time’ element of the experience gone), but I was so wrong. The whole weekend was incredible fun, and every single person I met was unfailingly convivial and great company. I am still amazed by how friendly and down to earth the writers and artists are and how much time you all put in to make sure that everyone who wants to gets to have a proper conversation, not just a dismissive ‘you like my stuff? That’s great, thanks for coming, see ya’. It is a great feeling to have important folks like yourselves to remember us from the last Open House and actually come up to talk to us instead! All of the players I ran with were brilliant, with everyone just concentrating on having a good time together, not derailing the GM’s plans or causing conflict between players (which can happen all too often). And I met some really nice people that I had not met before, which, for me, made this open house a much more social event than before and added to the experience. And a special thanks to the big man, Kevin, for giving us this opportunity once again, even though I get the impression he would rather not! It means a lot to us fans I think. I, for one, no longer consider this a one-off event, and plan to be there for every future Open House – I don’t care how far away it is!

On a GMing note, I ran a few games myself this year, and, although I have many years experience of GMing, this was my first of GMing at a convention. I learned a lot of things during my weekend, both from players and fellow GMs, and hopefully I will be able to put my experiences to good use in the future. I hope that the experience wasn’t too disappointing for any of my players.

See you in two years! (Right?)
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Another big thank you from over the pond

Unread post by Jorel »

Look forward to seeing you also in two years. Seems about the right amount of space in between. It was great having all those like minded people in one place.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Soldier of Od wrote:See you in two years! (Right?)

That would be too soon...

P.S. Did you not ask Rex to put a wolfen soldier avatar picture on the forums?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Just as before, it was excellent having you all in the house again. You and your brother are such awesome folks I was glad we had the chance to chat for a while and even share a beer (next time I buy yours!). I know we appreciate ALL of our fans, but there's something to be said about folks like all you chaps from the U.K., Hendrik, Pedro, Andreus and his friend, GMask, and anyone else that crosses an entire ocean just to game with us. It's humbling, and it never ceases to blow me away.

If there's anything I regret it's that I wasn't able to have you guys at my table again this year (though I'm glad others had the chance to game with you... wouldn't want to be selfish, now). I also wish I could've worked your pal, Lee, into a game. But alas, we'll have to try again next time.

Or, perhaps in the meantime I'll crank out a novel or two and start raking in some money so I can afford the airfare to come visit jolly ol' England and run you all the Nightbane adventure you missed out on. Hey, a guy can dream, eh?

Anyway, thank YOU guys for helping make Open House 2012 an awesome time. 8-)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me

Return to “Palladium Open House”