The Genesis Pits Sourcebook, possible June Release

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DBX
Hero

The Genesis Pits Sourcebook, possible June Release

Unread post by DBX »

copy/paste from latest weekly update

UPDATE: Robotech®: The Genesis Pits Sourcebook
The manuscript from Irvin Jackson arrived earlier this week, but I’ve been so busy, I have not had a chance to look it over yet. We’re probably looking at a June release.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Re: The Genesis Pits Sourcebook, possible June Release

Unread post by Tiree »

My guesstimate on this book will be early spring of 2013. It may fall into Christmas 2012, but based on past performance, and having to deal with a 3rd Party. I feel that June Release is extremely over optimistic, unless Kevin decides to sign off without editing (and that could cause more delays as HG may want something changed, and changed again...)
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

How many of you actually believe that?
They can't see me...Right!?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

from the comments by the author on facebook, HG has already approved of the content in the book, so if it goes to them again it's because kevin made major changes.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

DBX wrote:copy/paste from latest weekly update

The manuscript from Irvin Jackson arrived earlier this week, but I’ve been so busy, I have not had a chance to look it over yet. We’re probably looking at a June release.

Given that there are two books ahead of RT:GP, both of which he's pushing for an April/May Release and the typical drift that occurrs as he still has to do writing for them, probably looking more at Fall at the earliest for the RT book.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

glitterboy2098 wrote:from the comments by the author on facebook, HG has already approved of the content in the book, so if it goes to them again it's because kevin made major changes.

So did Marines. Kevin stated he sent it up after Jason left and was turned down. So - there lies my doubt.
Arnie100
Knight

Gryphon wrote:I thought they shelved RT:Marines and RT: Ships till further notice?

UEEF Marines is scheduled for a "possible" July release. Yeah, sure it will. It's mentioned in the latest update. That is if it isn't pushed back, again.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

I'm talking about finished manuscripts. UEEF Marines is a finished manuscript, like Genesis Pits. It went through the same process as Genesis Pits. But it still needed to be submitted in whole (Like Genesis Pits will), unless process has changed.

Or the whole truth about Marines has not been shared by PB or HG. But it was last stated that Marines did not hold muster with HG. But this is Marker we are talking about. Since leaving PB his work has grown leaps and bounds. But even with that his work at PB was really well done. And Mr Jackson has big shoes to fill IMHO. New Generation was a good start but is missing that certain something.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Arnie100 wrote:How many of you actually believe that?

Between the habitually over-optimistic release projections made by Palladium, and the equally optimistic ones we get from Harmony Gold, I'm firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category... after all, we're a quarter of the way into 2012, and there's still no sign of the OVA that was supposed to come out last year (or Part II of RTSC, which was at least estimated for three years ago).
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Arnie100 wrote:
Gryphon wrote:I thought they shelved RT:Marines and RT: Ships till further notice?

UEEF Marines is scheduled for a "possible" July release. Yeah, sure it will. It's mentioned in the latest update. That is if it isn't pushed back, again.

agree sorry want it need but i agree with u
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

when its published and ready to ship i will believe it.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:when its published and ready to ship i will believe it.

I will go one further.

When it is actually in my hands I will believe it.

I have Never seen a PB product Delivered on time.

I believe that I will be 1 year older before I see GP

BTW Today is my birthdaysuit day. :)

They may have said "June" but June of what year??? :D
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

DBX wrote:copy/paste from latest weekly update

The manuscript from Irvin Jackson arrived earlier this week, but I’ve been so busy, I have not had a chance to look it over yet. We’re probably looking at a June 2014 release.
Fixxed.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Honestly, the Genesis pits stuff was supposed to be in New Gen... being new gen is about 13 pages long.. they could have just made 1 book.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

IIRC According to Tommy it will have some Sentinels material in it related to the Invid.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

I'm expecting a January Release myself.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I not expecting anything. He is already shilling special offers on a book he is yet to even start doing any work on (Northern Gun One)..........and there at least 2 additional books ahead of it (Vampire Sourcebook and Northern Gun Two sine that will apparently get shilled in July and he hasn't started any work on THAT either)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

jaymz wrote:I not expecting anything. He is already shilling special offers on a book he is yet to even start doing any work on (Northern Gun One)..........and there at least 2 additional books ahead of it (Vampire Sourcebook and Northern Gun Two sine that will apparently get shilled in July and he hasn't started any work on THAT either)

You never know... Tommy is supposedly pretty desperate to get SOMETHING out to show that RT didn't just curl up and die berween last year's disappointing mess of a convention tour and this year's disappointing mess of a convention tour.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

That would mean re-jigging the release schedule which is already months behind as it is.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

No Chance of a GenCon release then?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I'd say HIGHLY unlikely since as of right now the next book to be released is Vampires Sourcebook, followed by Northern Gun One followed by Northern Gun Two and then I believe Black Market. Black Market may be before the Northern Gun books I can't recall.

\m/
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

I hate to say it but Robotech just might be a dead property.......again!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Trooper Jim wrote:I hate to say it but Robotech just might be a dead property.......again!

sorry man we have hope and wait ..............and wait.(2012)...........................................and wait.(2013)...........................and wait ...(2014)................................oh genesis book 2015..... .....and wait(2018) add 3 more marine book ...........................and wait 2020 but robotech ships are here
Seto Kaiba
Knight

jaymz wrote:That would mean re-jigging the release schedule which is already months behind as it is.

Granted, bumping up the priority of the Genesis Pits book would require Palladium to reorganize its release schedule... but, since they're virtually guaranteed to miss their targeted release dates anyway, I can't see it doing much harm. That Tommy Yune is getting increasingly desperate as he tears his office apart to find something, anything, that will prove he and his cohort haven't just spent the last five years picking their noses and giving each other piggyback rides might be the incentive Palladium needs to give Robotech a slightly higher priority.

Trooper Jim wrote:I hate to say it but Robotech just might be a dead property.......again!

Always was... ever since Untold Story and Sentinels went down in flames back in '86-'87. It's been coasting on nostalgia ever since.

ZINO wrote:

sorry man we have hope and wait ..............and wait.(2012)...........................................and wait.(2013)...........................and wait ...(2014)................................oh genesis book 2015..... .....and wait(2018) add 3 more marine book ...........................and wait 2020 but robotech ships are here

Nah, like I said, Tommy's getting a little desperate for new releases... since the promised (and deservedly maligned) Love Live Alive feature has yet to materialize.

Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler

I wonder how the real estate business is going lately. Or the reams of less then B grade movies they pump out. Direct to video are doing? But still no Robotech! Good job HG!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Trooper Jim wrote:I wonder how the real estate business is going lately. Or the reams of less then B grade movies they pump out. Direct to video are doing? But still no Robotech! Good job HG!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

...........and It's june.
*looks around*
NOPE, no genesis pit.
Just two "crowd starter" books for Rifts.
Hmmm.
:-?
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

First let me make it absolutely clear that this post is not meant to be disrespectful.

What do you mean again????? It never Dug itself out of the grave after the first time it died. I mean lets face it. When you mention Robotech to most fans, what they generally think of is the OTVS and the OAV's. It took them 20 years to make a movie where almost nothing at all gets resolved. By the time another Robotech Film comes around, most of us will probably be either wearing those depends diapers, or be 6 feet under pushing up dasies(probably mis-spelled).

As for the Rpg???? Well it's looking like the books are going to delay it to death. I mean look around. people really are starting to loose interest in it partially because of the endless book delays, and partially because of the Snafu with the Manga sized books which should have never happened.

In summary of the Robotech IP.
They had a real chance to Revive it and they BLEW IT!

I honestly do not expect to EVER see another Robotech film from HG. As for the books?? Well I do not expect to see another RT RPG title Anytime this year or possabily the next 2 years.
Arnie100
Knight

I found this amusing:

Release more product. Duh. Again, don’t you think if we could release 3-4 new products a month, we’d do it? Do some of you honestly think we don’t care or are lazy? Really? We work long hours and have dealt with trials and tribulations that would have laid most people low a long time ago. We’re working on it. We have great product in the pipeline. Yeah, we’ll miss deadlines, but not by six months or a year. And the products coming out now, are rockin’.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=131220

Psst, Kevin, Robotech: The New Generation and Robotech: UEEF Marines sourcebooks were promised back in 2009, IIRC!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Arnie100 wrote:I found this amusing:

Release more product. Duh. Again, don’t you think if we could release 3-4 new products a month, we’d do it? Do some of you honestly think we don’t care or are lazy? Really? We work long hours and have dealt with trials and tribulations that would have laid most people low a long time ago. We’re working on it. We have great product in the pipeline. Yeah, we’ll miss deadlines, but not by six months or a year. And the products coming out now, are rockin’.

Psst, Kevin, Robotech: The New Generation and Robotech: UEEF Marines sourcebooks were promised back in 2009, IIRC!

Kevin is happy in his own little alternate reality... best not to jostle him out of it too hard :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler

DhAkael wrote:

Kevin is happy in his own little alternate reality... best not to jostle him out of it too hard :demon:

Boy am I a jerk........ I just want the books promised to me......when they are promised. Not 2......3.... Or even 10 years late. How rude and inconsiderate of me.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Trooper Jim wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Boy am I a jerk........ I just want the books promised to me......when they are promised. Not 2......3.... Or even 10 years late. How rude and inconsiderate of me.

*Pats on head* There there... there there. We all are such rude and incosidderate people for realisticly wanting what is promissed us. You're not alone in being mean to poor poor widdle Kevy. :lol: :D :roll:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Seto Kaiba
Knight

FreelancerMar wrote:

What do you mean again????? It never Dug itself out of the grave after the first time it died.
[...]
They had a real chance to Revive it and they BLEW IT!

Really, if we look back to how Robotech did in the 80's, you'd almost be inclined to say the series was stillborn. They only got decent ratings for the series as a whole in a few markets (SoCal and the Dallas, TX area... where Harmony Gold's HQ and preferred test screening grounds are, respectively), and the merchandising was an unqualified disaster. They were basically outshined at every turn by the series they were trying to rip off (at Revell's behest)... Hasbro and Takara-Tomy's Transformers.

FreelancerMar wrote:I mean lets face it. When you mention Robotech to most fans, what they generally think of is the OTVS and the OAV's. It took them 20 years to make a movie where almost nothing at all gets resolved.

There are no Robotech OAVs... just the scraps of aborted projects that were pushed onto home video to make back some of their lost investment money. The Shadow Chronicles was supposed to be a 3-4 part OVA, but Harmony Gold put it on indefinite hiatus with no indication work on it will ever be resumed.

FreelancerMar wrote:As for the Rpg???? Well it's looking like the books are going to delay it to death. I mean look around. people really are starting to loose interest in it partially because of the endless book delays, and partially because of the Snafu with the Manga sized books which should have never happened.

I would hope that Palladium realized that the burden of keeping Robotech limping along rests entirely on them at this point... there's no live action movie, no Shadow Chronicles continuation, and no sign of the direct-to-video mess they've supposedly made by repeating the mistakes of Untold Story using the MOSPEADA wrap-up OVA. There's just the slow trickle of RPG content and some redesigned mugs with carcinogenic ink on 'em. It's all down to Kevin and his writers to keep Robotech alive and moving forward.

(We're screwed.)

DhAkael wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:

Hey... don't give the man grief just because he believes in non-linear time. :wink:

ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

DhAkael wrote:

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 9&t=131220

indeed...., we have to wait .....and wait ............his staff is small that we must remember the smaller the staff the harder it get when losing someone I know man
after that
we have to wait ....................................................................................and wait and hope it a good product
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Seto Kaiba wrote:Granted, bumping up the priority of the Genesis Pits book would require Palladium to reorganize its release schedule... but, since they're virtually guaranteed to miss their targeted release dates anyway, I can't see it doing much harm. That Tommy Yune is getting increasingly desperate as he tears his office apart to find something, anything, that will prove he and his cohort haven't just spent the last five years picking their noses and giving each other piggyback rides might be the incentive Palladium needs to give Robotech a slightly higher priority.

ZINO wrote:Nah, like I said, Tommy's getting a little desperate for new releases... since the promised (and deservedly maligned) Love Live Alive feature has yet to materialize.

This has been bugging me more and more. What would have to be done to get Tommy and friends removed from their "caretaker" position over the Robotech property? How did they get into their current position in the first place, and is there any way to reverse HG's minds about these guys? Other businesses you could go someone's boss, or start a letter campaign, or petition the board, or something. Is there any way the fans could do the same and get these guys out of there?
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

devillin wrote:This has been bugging me more and more. What would have to be done to get Tommy and friends removed from their "caretaker" position over the Robotech property?

Dunno... he's salaried staff at Harmony Gold, so in order for him to be dismissed his employers would either have to screw up massively in his official capacity as Robotech's creative director or do something so horrifically awful that his superiors would see dismissal as their only option. Neither is particularly likely, as Harmony Gold apparently doesn't see Robotech as a priority operation (according to him, ironically), and he's managed to produce some comparatively high quality stuff that actually did OK for itself.

IMO, he's actually the nicest of the current Robotech staffers, so I can't see him doing anything that'd earn him summary dismissal. These days, you have to screw up royally to get summarily dismissed.

devillin wrote:How did they get into their current position in the first place, and is there any way to reverse HG's minds about these guys? Other businesses you could go someone's boss, or start a letter campaign, or petition the board, or something. Is there any way the fans could do the same and get these guys out of there?

As the story goes, Tommy was originally brought in to help design the Robotech.com website back in '99-'00... he was offered the recently vacated creative directorship after Carl Macek's Robotech 3000 project imploded on itself and took half a million dollars of Harmony Gold's money with it. Steve, the webmaster, supposedly landed his position there through Tommy's influence. Kevin, the marketing/PR guy, is an ascendant fanboy with education in (theater) production, who was hired in to do an analysis of Robotech's demographic data and ratings records from its mid-80's run.

As others will no doubt tell you, Harmony Gold isn't exactly an eager audience for things like internet petitions and letter-writing campaigns. I don't think there's anything we can really do to remove Tommy and co. from the posts they currently hold... the higher-ups seem somewhere between indifferent and satisfied with respect to the work they've done on Robotech. I have little time for Kevin and Steve, but my personal interactions with Tommy have always been fairly amicable, so I don't really think firing him would solve anything. Giving him more latitude in his work and an actual budget might produce more favorable results.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Tommy got Tom Bateman fired for Memo leaking the Shadow-force 2 plot outline...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Tommy Lied about it. Bateman didn't leak anything, the main people leaking stuff to the Fans are, Tommy yune, Steve yune and a board admin "MEMODOMENION". Bateman didn't leak the script, but tommy Blamed him to get him fired. Tommy went to his bosses and told themBateman's roomate was a Robotech fan and Bateman was givng him inside info. no where in Tom Bateman's contract did it say HG has the right to pick his roommates, but Tommy used that to get him fired for something he didn't do.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

on a side not more on topic: t-minus 5 days and counting....
Arnie100
Knight

Colonel Wolfe wrote:on a side not more on topic: t-minus 5 days and counting....

What's this...?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Arnie100 wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:on a side not more on topic: t-minus 5 days and counting....

What's this...?
Kevin wrote:We’re probably looking at a June release.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler

Almost July?
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Gryphon wrote:Honestly, the more I hear about Tommy's "depredations" on Robotech, the more it looks less like he is really a villain, and more like he is basically tied to the tracks by Harmony Gold, limited by policy's set above his level for a project he is apparently only the nominal head of, instead of the true lead developer.

So basically.... He's the Commander Leonard of Harmony Gold?

Who's the Rick Hunter?
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

devillin wrote:
So basically.... He's the Commander Leonard of Harmony Gold?

Who's the Rick Hunter?
Leonard's decisions actually won the war thou... Tommy is more like hunter, he makes terrible decisions, and blames it on everyone else, and the enemy saves his butt.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Gryphon wrote:On a more serious note, is there proof Bateman did/did not do as he is accused of, or hear say in one or both directions. This is the first time i have heard anything specific tied to the name Bateman, and admit to not being entirely sure who he is and what he has accomplished for Robotech and Harmony Gold. I take it we was involved in TSC to some significant degree?

Well, yes and no... Tom himself and a number of other people who were involved with the situation directly profess his innocence, while attempts to trace the leak back to its source invariably lead to MEMO1DOMINION. Harmony Gold has never offered an official explanation for the departure of Tom Bateman and Alan Letz.

Since the evidence points to MEMO as the actual source of the leak, it's reckoned MEMO was trying to get rid of Tom for Tommy, since the two had a professional rivalry of sorts that led to occasional clashes. Tom was, at the time, the events coordinator for the RT franchise, but had a hand in writing RTSC and championed publishing the Imai Files as a RT art book.

FreelancerMar
Adventurer

How about Doom's Day?? lol :P

Sorry Gryphon I had to say it. lol
Seto Kaiba
Knight

My apologies for the confusion... my original reply was going to preempt those questions, but my ISP was doing the routine maintenance, so I had to post from my phone instead.

Taking the questions one at a time:
Gryphon wrote:Who's MEMO1DOMINION?!

User MEMO1DOMINION is a Robotech.com moderator, and co-admin of RobotechX.com... a long-time Robotech fan ('85er) who desperately wants to attain "ascendant fanboy" status (meaning "a job at Harmony Gold"). He's one of the two "thought police" mods who have more or less depopulated Robotech.com by banning anyone and everyone on that site who criticizes Tommy Yune, his handling of the Robotech franchise, and articulate Macross fans (on suspicion of being me) or those who simply know too much about Harmony Gold's situation. He's also well-known for using podcasts his friends run to slander the fans he can't silence with a ban.

Gryphon wrote:Is that the only tag people have for this guy?

It's the one he uses pretty much everywhere he goes. His real name's no secret tho.

Gryphon wrote:Does he have a real name, or has anyone confirmed he is/isn't Tommy or Bateman themselves?

He does... his name is Guillermo. He's the stocky Hispanic guy holding the box of CDs on Robotech's facebook. He's most definitely not an alt for Tom Bateman.

rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

Like 99% of the time MEMO types in ALL CAPS & his catch phrase is HEHEHE
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

ESalter
Adventurer

Unread post by ESalter »

devillin wrote:This has been bugging me more and more. What would have to be done to get Tommy and friends removed from their "caretaker" position over the Robotech property? How did they get into their current position in the first place, and is there any way to reverse HG's minds about these guys? Other businesses you could go someone's boss, or start a letter campaign, or petition the board, or something. Is there any way the fans could do the same and get these guys out of there?

Why would you want them fired?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

The next six books should come out in rapid succession.

The Rifter® #59
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook
Rifts® Black Market Sourcebook
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One
Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two
Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames
:( maybe he mispelled Robotech "Rifts"....

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”