Ashmedai

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Ashmedai

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Not got the books to hand so being the lazy bloke I am-

When Ashmedai die in a transformed form (e.g. a rat) what does their corpse look like pls?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Ashmedai

Official bump due to 21 views with zero response....

Warwolf - start writing!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

I do believe that anything in a transformed state reverts to its natural form upon death.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Dark Elf wrote:Official bump due to 21 views with zero response....

Warwolf - start writing!

I am... just not gaming material. I have this little thing called a "thesis" that's consuming my life... come to think of it I may have to name some kind of horrible entity that steals your life-force after it in the sourcebook after this one. :?

I honestly could go either way on the Ashmedai depending on how the GM wants to play it. Staying in whatever form or quickly dissolving into some kind of disgusting goo would make it more convenient, but I could also see retrieval/clean up crews being dispatched by the NSB to "sanitize" a battleground of any evidence of the supernatural so an Ashmedai corpse might not cause that much of an issue. Probably something I'll try to remember to talk over with Irvin and Kev next time I get a chance.

Good question, by the way.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Warwolf wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Official bump due to 21 views with zero response....

Warwolf - start writing!

I am... just not gaming material. I have this little thing called a "thesis" that's consuming my life... come to think of it I may have to name some kind of horrible entity that steals your life-force after it in the sourcebook after this one. :?

I honestly could go either way on the Ashmedai depending on how the GM wants to play it. Staying in whatever form or quickly dissolving into some kind of disgusting goo would make it more convenient, but I could also see retrieval/clean up crews being dispatched by the NSB to "sanitize" a battleground of any evidence of the supernatural so an Ashmedai corpse might not cause that much of an issue. Probably something I'll try to remember to talk over with Irvin and Kev next time I get a chance.

Good question, by the way.

I can see it now, a Nightlord that made Cambridge his seat of power, named Thesilac...
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I went with returning to normal form then dissolving slowly (so the players dont even realise this yet). I like the idea of a clean up crew too. Where's Harvey Keitel's doppleganger when you need him?

Btw - it was the Echelon adventure in NBSG we were playing!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Dark Elf wrote:I went with returning to normal form then dissolving slowly (so the players dont even realise this yet). I like the idea of a clean up crew too. Where's Harvey Keitel's doppleganger when you need him?

Nice. Did they have fun with it?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:I went with returning to normal form then dissolving slowly (so the players dont even realise this yet). I like the idea of a clean up crew too. Where's Harvey Keitel's doppleganger when you need him?

Nice. Did they have fun with it?

Not finished yet. Three more floors to go! Should finish Friday but so far they're enjoying it.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic

Return to “Nightbane®”