Ninja turtles and other strangeness RPG solo? anyone here?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Re: Ninja turtles and other strangeness RPG solo? anyone here?

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

If your TMNT&OS book is in really good shape, and it's indeed a first edition...I'd be careful with it. The word strangeness should be spelled incorrectly on the spine (it should appear as strangness) which makes it worth a few extra dollars. Plus, it has the politically incorrect stuff that was taken out of later books. I think some people even got books where it was still in there but it had some kind of cover taped over that section. And PB books have never been known for how well they hold up after repeated use.

Other than that, good luck finding players...usually it's going to be someone that played it in the past or that likes the gritty turtles. Because nowadays, when people here anything relating to TMNT they're almost immediately going to think of the cartoon turtles.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

gordyzx9r wrote:If your TMNT&OS book is in really good shape, and it's indeed a first edition...I'd be careful with it. The word strangeness should be spelled incorrectly on the spine (it should appear as strangness) which makes it worth a few extra dollars. Plus, it has the politically incorrect stuff that was taken out of later books. I think some people even got books where it was still in there but it had some kind of cover taped over that section. And PB books have never been known for how well they hold up after repeated use.

Other than that, good luck finding players...usually it's going to be someone that played it in the past or that likes the gritty turtles. Because nowadays, when people here anything relating to TMNT they're almost immediately going to think of the cartoon turtles.

What is the politically incorrect stuff?
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

bloody morgan wrote:That would probably be the stuff about insanity leading to sexual derangements, including necrophilia. Or so I have heard :)

Wouldn't be the first RPG to do that, and I've seen worse. A conversion book covering every RPG out at the time including Palladium and touting itself as the ultimate comprehensive guide to character building had a section on perversions particularly sexual ones and very blunt 'this stuff is horribly evil and disgusting and if you want to RP this stuff you're sick' language.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Iggy wrote:Wow, I've had the original book for years and I don't think I've ever noticed that the name is spelled wrong on the spine.

Most people don't realize it...I've bought a few of them on eBay here and there and whenever I ask them how it's spelled on the spine they usually ask me if that means it's worth allot?

Nope...just kinda unique. I have about 7 of them now...lol.

One of the other differences was that god awful cumbersome firearms system they first used based off the 8 round burst or something like that.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”