Character generator

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drakinn
Explorer

Character generator

Unread post by drakinn »

http://5thgearpro.com/products/rifts/5t ... s_002.html

download this it is cool and test it out for npc creator and for pc
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
dragonfett
Knight

Re: Character generator

Unread post by dragonfett »

It's a bit buggy. However it is better made than what Palladium had made. Overall, it is all right.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Um... has that been approved by K.S? Otherwise I think the banhammer will be here soon.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

CyCo wrote:Um... has that been approved by K.S? Otherwise I think the banhammer will be here soon.

Although if they're not charging money for it (despite the unfortunate decision of calling it a "product"), it'll be interesting to hear why the banhammer comes down.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Let me rephrase that then. It will be interesting to here why they continue with a policy which actively prevents Palladium's online fan community from looking as vibrant and imaginative as fans of rival companies. Particularly since none of the nightmare copyright situations Palladium cites seem to have been a problem for any of the companies with more liberal policies about derivative works.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

It might be because you need Palladium's consent to use their intellectual property to create and distribute a software program that can, in essence, be used to subvert the need for purchasing the rules for character creation.

Not to mention that I've spoken to Alex about character generators, and I'm in the process of (with PB's permission) writing one myself.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Rhomphaia wrote:
Rallan wrote:Let me rephrase that then. It will be interesting to here why they continue with a policy which actively prevents Palladium's online fan community from looking as vibrant and imaginative as fans of rival companies. Particularly since none of the nightmare copyright situations Palladium cites seem to have been a problem for any of the companies with more liberal policies about derivative works.

Maybe because they are an increasingly poor company with an appallingly tragic record of treating their customer base more and more like pig ****. Then again, that statement may have been born of some rather inequitable treatment I have witnessed by them concerning their customers.

As for whether or not I care if even KS himself sees that, refer to my sig.

Holy crap dude, when the hell did everyone start agreeing with me? This is almost scary :)
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I'd love a Heroes Unlimited character generator. I think that would be fantastic.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Rolling Bear wrote:
Rhomphaia wrote:
Rallan wrote:
Rhomphaia wrote:
Rallan wrote:Let me rephrase that then. It will be interesting to here why they continue with a policy which actively prevents Palladium's online fan community from looking as vibrant and imaginative as fans of rival companies. Particularly since none of the nightmare copyright situations Palladium cites seem to have been a problem for any of the companies with more liberal policies about derivative works.

Maybe because they are an increasingly poor company with an appallingly tragic record of treating their customer base more and more like pig ****. Then again, that statement may have been born of some rather inequitable treatment I have witnessed by them concerning their customers.

As for whether or not I care if even KS himself sees that, refer to my sig.

Holy crap dude, when the hell did everyone start agreeing with me? This is almost scary :)

Well, I have seen some rather inequitable treatment of people on these boards by the staff here, and there is an incident concerning how PB has treated certain book retailers in my region.

Also, PB for some reason absolutely refuses to significantly update material or come into the modern age. In an economy where the competition is increasingly more intense for a slice of people's disposable income, PB needs to start bringing a LOT more to the table or they will end up going under.

Yes we can only hope that PB will put out a product like D&D 4.0......... oh wait I'd rather play with someone elses horse turds.

All I can say to this entire quoted conversation is:

If you don't like it, then why are you here?
Prettz
D-Bee
Comment: Mrs. TAF

Unread post by Prettz »

Severus Snape wrote:If you don't like it, then why are you here?

Less herping, more derping.
A SIMPLE CHOICE OF TURTLE
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Severus Snape wrote:It might be because you need Palladium's consent to use their intellectual property to create and distribute a software program that can, in essence, be used to subvert the need for purchasing the rules for character creation.

Yeah, because the people who come to this board are the ones who don't own palladium books.

And these people don't know how to google, either.

Still, some sort of scientific test of whether such a fan built generator actually hurts sales would be welcome - maybe it is the case?

But right now, the policy is based on superstition.
Severus Snape
Hero

Noon wrote:
Severus Snape wrote:It might be because you need Palladium's consent to use their intellectual property to create and distribute a software program that can, in essence, be used to subvert the need for purchasing the rules for character creation.

Yeah, because the people who come to this board are the ones who don't own palladium books.

And these people don't know how to google, either.

Thanks for the sarcasm. Really appreciated this early in the morning.

Noon wrote:Still, some sort of scientific test of whether such a fan built generator actually hurts sales would be welcome - maybe it is the case?

No, the policy is based on the protection of intellectual property and copyright laws. PB is trying to (especially after the incident that happened) keep their property from being stolen and misused. And considering they have copyright law on their side....

Unless you think that the law is nothing more than mere superstition?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

*yawns* my only opinion is that is that it was made for just rubbish windows.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Severus Snape wrote:
Noon wrote:Still, some sort of scientific test of whether such a fan built generator actually hurts sales would be welcome - maybe it is the case?

No, the policy is based on the protection of intellectual property and copyright laws. PB is trying to (especially after the incident that happened) keep their property from being stolen and misused. And considering they have copyright law on their side....

"the policy is based on the protection of intellectual property and copyright laws" - this really doesn't make much sense. Kev's policy is based on Kevin trying to employ currently written laws to protect himself from something he thinks he needs protection from - which may just be an utter superstition on his part.

Or are you actually saying that with IP and copyright laws being there, Kevin HAS to base his policy around them? I'd actually consider this a non charitable reading for me to make, so I haven't so far.

And what incident? There was the internal fraud and way before there was the nightspawn thing, which would just be reacting to Todd McFarlane's possible superstition.

Almost. Certaintly there's nothing that exists in the sense that warrants being refered to as 'the law' in much the same way refering to 'the internet' is missplaced. But I'm slipping onto another subject...
My WIP browser game : Come see how it's evolving!
Philosopher Gamer: Thought provoking blog!
Driftwurld: My web comic!
Relkor: "I believe the GM ruled that they did vomit..."
GA
Explorer
Comment: Master of Dirk Diggler Style

Unread post by GA »

Thanks for the link. Any others for Palladium Worlds?
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

This is amazingly useful, it would be better if it could be edited more freely so users could enter their own O.C.C. and R.C.C's.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”