Varmint Grenade ammo

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Varmint Grenade ammo

Unread post by dargo83 »

i was looking around the web the other day and came across a type of ammo for rifles its called the Varmint Grenade. i was wondering if anyone could come up with the damage for that type of round. i was wondering if its like the glasser round from the modern weapon conpendium that does double damage.
Mantisking
Hero

Re: Varmint Grenade ammo

Unread post by Mantisking »

dargo83 wrote:i was looking around the web the other day and came across a type of ammo for rifles its called the Varmint Grenade. i was wondering if anyone could come up with the damage for that type of round. i was wondering if its like the glasser round from the modern weapon conpendium that does double damage.

From the description on the company site, it's a "hollow-cavity, flat-base bullet features a copper-tin composite core surrounded by a guilding-metal jacket." Looking at the CCW, it's like a jacketed Spartan round. I'd say it has the effects of the Glaser round without the 5% range reduction. It is designed for varmint hunting after all. Just remember, this round needs high velocities to work. It's also limited in the number of calibers it's available for -- .204 Ruger, .22 Hornet, .224, and .243 -- which are all rifle rounds.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

They already have the stats for frangible rounds in The Compendium of Modern weapons page 11. However, I would omit the range reduction for the Varmint Grenade rounds.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:They already have the stats for frangible rounds in The Compendium of Modern weapons page 11. However, I would omit the range reduction for the Varmint Grenade rounds.

True. But, if you read the descriptions, the AET Composite, AET Geco, AET Equalloy, and THV rounds aren't really frangible rounds. Only the Splat, Spartan, and Glaser are truly frangible rounds.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Glaser rounds aren't really frangible rounds ether, in the light that ShotGun Shells are not frangible rounds.

An off the cuff ruling would have the rounds double damage ageist soft targets with no damage vs hard targets.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

thanks for the input.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Glaser rounds aren't really frangible rounds ether, in the light that ShotGun Shells are not frangible rounds.

An off the cuff ruling would have the rounds double damage ageist soft targets with no damage vs hard targets.

Incorrect. A shotgun shell propells the pellets out of the barrel in an expanding cloud hoping to maximize the odds of a hit. A glaser round contains pellets that are released upon impact in the target to cause the maximum damage.

Rounds designed to break apart on impact are called frangible.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”