Lemuria

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Lemuria

Unread post by gaby »

I hope Lemuria will have a few pages for a update on the New Navy.
Telling what happed to them since Underseas.
Maybe they can come up with some Ghost ships?

what do you want to be in Lemuria?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Lemuria

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Not trying to be punchy but they've been promising us this one since the 90's. I'll believe in it's existence when i have it in hand.

Logic would say that it'll have a bunch of updates on the New Navy and their interactions with Lemuria, and moving them 'forward to present' 109 PA after the NGR Campaign and such in Europe.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:I've seen, and played, the current manuscript and it was pretty awesome!

THAT is VERY promising :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Not trying to be punchy but they've been promising us this one since the 90's. I'll believe in it's existence when i have it in hand.

I think this resume the thought of all us "old timeys" aroudn here. We would believe it when we see it.

Citizen Lazlo wrote:I've seen, and played, the current manuscript and it was pretty awesome!

Hmmm Now this sound promising, albeit it was told before.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Me too. It was indeed a great manuscript.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

The Dark Elf wrote:

Me too. It was indeed a great manuscript.

Which Freelancer tackled this project?
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I hate all of you who've played this.

Hate hate hate hate hate.

Spite spite spite spite spite.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I'm just hoping the Lemurian RCC is cool enough to play.

I have been picturing them as Comic-book Namor/Aquaman types for years. Kinda like Sea-Elves or something.

I do wish someone would tell us about the Lemurians themselves.
I get from the teaser on the press pages they will have Bio-armor, weapons and symbiotes as well as underwater biomancy. But what about THEM...the Lemurians ???
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Damian Magecraft wrote:Which Freelancer tackled this project?

copy/paste from current weekly update (blurb highlighted by me)

Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
At last, the underwater realm of Lemuria. The people and history of Lemuria, new magic, sea herbs and healing, sea monsters, and more.

The Lemurians, their race, history and society.

New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.

The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.

Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.

Bio-Armor, Bio-Weapons and Bio-Construct Symbiotes.

New psionic abilities.

Sea Serpents, monsters, adventure ideas, and more.

Written by Greg Diaczyk.

160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. 2011 release.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

DBX wrote:At last, the underwater realm of Lemuria. The people and history of Lemuria, new magic, sea herbs and healing, sea monsters, and more.

New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.

Biomancers!! Aquatic Biomancer no least! Holy Sh**, and who expected them!

DBX wrote:Bio-Armor, Bio-Weapons and Bio-Construct Symbiotes.

My Splicer sense is tickling here :D (not a bad thing actually)

And "new Psionic" as New psionic available to all Psychic classes, expecially Mind Melter? :?:
TechnoGothic
Knight

The Baron of chaos wrote:
DBX wrote:At last, the underwater realm of Lemuria. The people and history of Lemuria, new magic, sea herbs and healing, sea monsters, and more.

And "new Psionic" as New psionic available to all Psychic classes, expecially Mind Melter? :?:

If they added SPLICER-like tech to RIFTS that would be awesome.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

TechnoGothic wrote:

If they added SPLICER-like tech to RIFTS that would be awesome.

Isn't that the same as Bio Wizardry from Atlantis? or at least very similar?
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Splicer's Bio-tech is way different from Bio-Wizardary in Atlantis.
Splicer's Bio-tech is much better. Its Eugenics Science taken to a new level.

Take a good look at SPLICERS RPG sometime.
Organic Rockets. Bio-Energy Vents, Super-regeneration, Bio-lasers (that could hurt vamps as its true light and might be considered sunlight), and alot more cool stuff. Bio-Weapons, swords, axes, etc... Living Power Armor and Body Armors. and more.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i'm not certain you understand what eugenics actually is. but it's not what you'll find in Splicers.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

And Evil :evil:
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Shark_Force wrote:i'm not certain you understand what eugenics actually is. but it's not what you'll find in Splicers.

Perhaps the exact term is Eugenetics, or even more precise advanced genetic engineering.
But I suggest you to cool down, Sharkforce. Your was close as a grammarnazi rant.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Shark_Force wrote:i'm not certain you understand what eugenics actually is. but it's not what you'll find in Splicers.
actually PU2s Eugenics and Splicers are very similar. Carmen designed them both from the same base concepts.
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Shark_Force
Palladin

Damian Magecraft wrote:
actually PU2s Eugenics and Splicers are very similar. Carmen designed them both from the same base concepts.

Eugenics is a real word with a meaning that is very different from what happens in Splicers. it has absolutely nothing to do with grammar, and everything to do with the fact that the word was poorly chosen if you want to communicate what Splicers is like.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Well considering that he self described it as kind of like Splicers... your Splicer sense should be... tickling? :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Shark_Force wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:

Eugenics is a real word with a meaning that is very different from what happens in Splicers. it has absolutely nothing to do with grammar, and everything to do with the fact that the word was poorly chosen if you want to communicate what Splicers is like.

Actually Shark, Eugenics could be used to desrcibe what the Splicers did. In this instance we're not refering to the concept of racial purity, but the alteration of humans and other things on a genetic level to produce their equipment and make a stronger human that is better able to fight the Machine. Check the later section of the article regarding Modern Eugenics and the Human Genome Project.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Shark_Force wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:

Yes we all know that it is a real word.
However in game terms Eugenics refers to a specific type of "system."
Therefore your argument that splicers is unrelated to eugenics while being as you put it "grammatically" correct is still wrong in reference to how its applied in Palladium.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:

Therefore your argument that splicers is unrelated to eugenics while being as you put it "grammatically" correct is still wrong in reference to how its applied in Palladium.

no, it's still a bad choice of words. this is the rifts boards, not the megaverse boards or the HU boards. you're using words that only having the meaning you want in a specific context, and are using them out of context. PU2 Eugenics OCC/powers/etc clearly defines what you're talking about. "eugenics" on the other hand does not. it would be much like going to an internet forum that talks about guns and asking people if they've tried the same RPGs as you. odds are good the first thing that comes to their mind will *not* be Role Playing Game.

as someone who has never owned powers unlimited 2, i can tell you right now that sentence is and will be confusing to anyone who is not familiar with the product in question. it's crappy communication because it generates confusion. anyone not familiar with PU2 eugenics or who simply doesn't make the connection is going to think you're referring to exactly what i linked. and the only way for them to know it's wrong would be to know something about Splicers.

i have no problem with bad grammar if it doesn't interfere with communication. if i tell you that me and bob are going to the store, it is not any less likely to be understood than if i was say that bob and i are going to the store. but if we've just been talking about needing a new hammer you're probably going to think i mean the hardware store, when perhaps i am simply planning on going to go buy a new book, or groceries, etc. thus, "the store" would be fine if i mean the hardware store in that case, but would not be a good choice of words to use if i am going to go buy some groceries, because you are very likely to misunderstand my meaning in that case. and if you are expecting me to come back with a hammer, then you are unlikely to go get a new hammer yourself, thus leading to wasted time while you wait around for a hammer only to discover that the hardest object i've returned with is a watermelon.

case in point, the word "eugenics" was used with no context given, and so i defaulted to the actual meaning of the word in common use. and since splicers doesn't have an awful lot in common with the standard meaning of the word, it caused a considerable amount of confusion that could have been avoided. and now we've gone back and forth for several posts on it. wasted time and effort, all because the word was never given context. if he had simply said "it's kinda like PU2's eugenics OCC/powers/whatever it is, then there would have been a lot less confusion (i might have wondered what PU2's eugenics is, but i would not have objected to the use of the word, because it has been clearly established that it is not the standard meaning of the word)

if you are not already *in* the context of heroes unlimited, and you want to use a term from heroes unlimited that isn't itself going to make it obvious you're referring to heroes unlimited, you need to establish that you're talking in terms of heroes unlimited if you wish to be understood. and here in this part of the forums we're in the context of rifts (and even then, if you really want to be clear and you're using a term that could be interpreted two different ways, it is probably a good idea to clearly establish what you mean, as not every person has every book)
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Shark_Force wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:

no, it's still a bad choice of words. this is the rifts boards, not the megaverse boards or the HU boards. you're using words that only having the meaning you want in a specific context, and are using them out of context. PU2 Eugenics OCC/powers/etc clearly defines what you're talking about. "eugenics" on the other hand does not. it would be much like going to an internet forum that talks about guns and asking people if they've tried the same RPGs as you. odds are good the first thing that comes to their mind will *not* be Role Playing Game.

as someone who has never owned powers unlimited 2, i can tell you right now that sentence is and will be confusing to anyone who is not familiar with the product in question. it's crappy communication because it generates confusion. anyone not familiar with PU2 eugenics or who simply doesn't make the connection is going to think you're referring to exactly what i linked. and the only way for them to know it's wrong would be to know something about Splicers.

i have no problem with bad grammar if it doesn't interfere with communication. if i tell you that me and bob are going to the store, it is not any less likely to be understood than if i was say that bob and i are going to the store. but if we've just been talking about needing a new hammer you're probably going to think i mean the hardware store, when perhaps i am simply planning on going to go buy a new book, or groceries, etc. thus, "the store" would be fine if i mean the hardware store in that case, but would not be a good choice of words to use if i am going to go buy some groceries, because you are very likely to misunderstand my meaning in that case. and if you are expecting me to come back with a hammer, then you are unlikely to go get a new hammer yourself, thus leading to wasted time while you wait around for a hammer only to discover that the hardest object i've returned with is a watermelon.

case in point, the word "eugenics" was used with no context given, and so i defaulted to the actual meaning of the word in common use. and since splicers doesn't have an awful lot in common with the standard meaning of the word, it caused a considerable amount of confusion that could have been avoided. and now we've gone back and forth for several posts on it. wasted time and effort, all because the word was never given context. if he had simply said "it's kinda like PU2's eugenics OCC/powers/whatever it is, then there would have been a lot less confusion (i might have wondered what PU2's eugenics is, but i would not have objected to the use of the word, because it has been clearly established that it is not the standard meaning of the word)

if you are not already *in* the context of heroes unlimited, and you want to use a term from heroes unlimited that isn't itself going to make it obvious you're referring to heroes unlimited, you need to establish that you're talking in terms of heroes unlimited if you wish to be understood. and here in this part of the forums we're in the context of rifts (and even then, if you really want to be clear and you're using a term that could be interpreted two different ways, it is probably a good idea to clearly establish what you mean, as not every person has every book)

Sorry no.
The megaversal system has already established how the term is used in the context of the games. Just because it is not a word you would choose is irrelevant.
if you cannot accept this then you and I have no further reason to discourse.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Damian Magecraft wrote:Sorry no.
The megaversal system has already established how the term is used in the context of the games. Just because it is not a word you would choose is irrelevant.

that's idiotic. because the word is defined in a book that i (and likely many others) don't own (and which is not even a rifts book) it's apparently *my* fault for misunderstanding? nope, sorry, i don't buy that. there is no logical basis for me to assume that when you're in the Rifts forums you're talking about Heroes Unlimited.

and no, this is not "in context". if i just go over to the rpg.net boards and ask "how do i make an attack roll", then just because i've posted it on an RPG board doesn't mean that it's in context. this is the "Rifts" section of the forums. go up to the directory near the top of your web page, and you'll see it's in the subforum of "MDC worlds". go further up, and you'll see the board index, which splits everything down into smaller categories specifically so that you can discuss specific areas of knowledge. this section of the boards is, shockingly enough, set up for discussion about Rifts. if you wish to have crossovers assumed, you might try "All Things Palladium Books", but even then you would likely have to establish context if you want everyone to understand what you mean.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Shark_Force wrote:

that's idiotic. because the word is defined in a book that i (and likely many others) don't own (and which is not even a rifts book) it's apparently *my* fault for misunderstanding? nope, sorry, i don't buy that. there is no logical basis for me to assume that when you're in the Rifts forums you're talking about Heroes Unlimited.

and no, this is not "in context". if i just go over to the rpg.net boards and ask "how do i make an attack roll", then just because i've posted it on an RPG board doesn't mean that it's in context. this is the "Rifts" section of the forums. go up to the directory near the top of your web page, and you'll see it's in the subforum of "MDC worlds". go further up, and you'll see the board index, which splits everything down into smaller categories specifically so that you can discuss specific areas of knowledge. this section of the boards is, shockingly enough, set up for discussion about Rifts. if you wish to have crossovers assumed, you might try "All Things Palladium Books", but even then you would likely have to establish context if you want everyone to understand what you mean.

Just because you do not choose to own the book does not change the context in relation to the game. Palladium is a "mega-versal" system that means all books are relevant regardless of genre (especially when discussing game/mechanics features). You misunderstood the context fine. Trying to argue the real word definition after the misunderstanding was pointed out is just being argumentative to be argumentative.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Shark_Force wrote:

Wow so now you're pulling the I don't own the book defense, so even though it is defined in the Megaverse as such anyone who argues otherwise is inccorect because YOU don't have the book. Wait who else uses this defense? Oh yeah... Emperor Ryu. :nh: So if someone doesn't own Wormwood then there is no such thing as an Apok right? Or heck if you don't own WB 1 or Arzno there are no vampires? :nh: The thing with Rifts is that you can't just ignore all the other game systems. Rifts is the center of the Megaverse so ALL Palladium Books are sourcebooks for Rifts. Eugenics in HU means the same thing in Rifts because a Eugenics soldier from HU coming over to Rifts is still going to be a Eugenics soldier. Just because he comes from a world where it specifically meant genetic enhancement to improve the character doesn't mean that when he crosses over to Rifts he suddenly becomes the product of selective breeding.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

Just because you do not choose to own the book does not change the context in relation to the game. Palladium is a "mega-versal" system that means all books are relevant regardless of genre (especially when discussing game/mechanics features). You misunderstood the context fine. Trying to argue the real word definition after the misunderstanding was pointed out is just being argumentative to be argumentative.

Not to mention being non-canon. :D
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

gunn bros wrote:Not only is the term Eugenics offensive but anyone who uses or defends the use of the word is a racist and I will be contacting Palladium over their use of the word.

DUDE! chill.
We are not discussing "true" eugenics.
We are discussing the game term.
Two completely separate subjects.

Accusing someone of being a racist over a word without checking out the full story is just as racist.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Damian Magecraft wrote:
gunn bros wrote:Not only is the term Eugenics offensive but anyone who uses or defends the use of the word is a racist and I will be contacting Palladium over their use of the word.

DUDE! chill.

Accusing someone of being a racist over a word without checking out the full story is just as racist.

Not just racist but really stupid actually. Expecially considering the word before the nazis make of mess of it(much like they did with uhm pretty muhc everything and everyone they come into contact, actually) Eugenics was the science to improve the genetic of humankind. Making us better. And in a SCif- setting this could lead to awesome or horrible depend on point of view.
In any case I think we reached a point were this thread is really getting derailled.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

gaby wrote:what do you want to be in Lemuria?

I want Land of the Damned 3 in it.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:Wow so now you're pulling the I don't own the book defense, so even though it is defined in the Megaverse as such anyone who argues otherwise is inccorect because YOU don't have the book. Wait who else uses this defense? Oh yeah... Emperor Ryu. :nh: So if someone doesn't own Wormwood then there is no such thing as an Apok right? Or heck if you don't own WB 1 or Arzno there are no vampires? :nh: The thing with Rifts is that you can't just ignore all the other game systems. Rifts is the center of the Megaverse so ALL Palladium Books are sourcebooks for Rifts. Eugenics in HU means the same thing in Rifts because a Eugenics soldier from HU coming over to Rifts is still going to be a Eugenics soldier. Just because he comes from a world where it specifically meant genetic enhancement to improve the character doesn't mean that when he crosses over to Rifts he suddenly becomes the product of selective breeding.

read the posts. i didn't say i don't own the book therefore it is invalid, i said the statement is UNCLEAR because that word has REAL LIFE MEANING which is by default what i analyse things under when i have no other specified reference to analyse them in comparison to. if it isn't within your capability to comprehend that this is going to cause problems for a large number of other people who don't own the book and understand things based on the default meaning of the word in real life, then i don't know what to tell you; apparently your grasp on basic logic is not so good. it is a real word which has a common, standard meaning, and that meaning is much more widely accepted in the real world. incidentally, that word *also* has the exact same meaning in rifts, because by default a word that we would use in the real world means exactly the same thing in rifts, because rifts uses the english language, not some made up language where the word "eugenics" doesn't exist. just as i don't go around looking for a special palladium definition of the word "happy" or "planet" i don't go around automatically looking through every palladium product on the off chance that someone has used a normal word to mean something completely different from the word's standard meaning. if not given any reason to assume otherwise, i will assume that if someone uses the word "happy", they simply mean the standard use of the word happy, not some sort of Happy OCC published in a rifter somewhere.

someone unfamiliar with the product in question is going to look at it and say "what the hell does biomancy have to do with a social movement to selectively breed humanity to generate desired traits or retain the supposed purity of a race, and why is someone writing a book about that for rifts?" and you know what? they'd be PERFECTLY WITHIN REASON. because the description does not in any way inform anyone who did not already know that you're referring to some specific rules in a specific book which i rather expect more people don't own than do. the statement was unclear. you can **** and moan all you want about me not owning the book, but that still doesn't magically turn the unclear statement into a clear one. it's badly worded, and it gives a false impression about what the book is about to anyone who doesn't own powers unlimited 2, or even those who own the book but don't remember the Eugenic thingy in particular.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Shark_Force wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:Wow so now you're pulling the I don't own the book defense, so even though it is defined in the Megaverse as such anyone who argues otherwise is inccorect because YOU don't have the book. Wait who else uses this defense? Oh yeah... Emperor Ryu. :nh: So if someone doesn't own Wormwood then there is no such thing as an Apok right? Or heck if you don't own WB 1 or Arzno there are no vampires? :nh: The thing with Rifts is that you can't just ignore all the other game systems. Rifts is the center of the Megaverse so ALL Palladium Books are sourcebooks for Rifts. Eugenics in HU means the same thing in Rifts because a Eugenics soldier from HU coming over to Rifts is still going to be a Eugenics soldier. Just because he comes from a world where it specifically meant genetic enhancement to improve the character doesn't mean that when he crosses over to Rifts he suddenly becomes the product of selective breeding.

read the posts. i didn't say i don't own the book therefore it is invalid, i said the statement is UNCLEAR because that word has REAL LIFE MEANING which is by default what i analyse things under when i have no other specified reference to analyse them in comparison to. if it isn't within your capability to comprehend that this is going to cause problems for a large number of other people who don't own the book and understand things based on the default meaning of the word in real life, then i don't know what to tell you; apparently your grasp on basic logic is not so good. it is a real word which has a common, standard meaning, and that meaning is much more widely accepted in the real world. incidentally, that word *also* has the exact same meaning in rifts, because by default a word that we would use in the real world means exactly the same thing in rifts, because rifts uses the english language, not some made up language where the word "eugenics" doesn't exist. just as i don't go around looking for a special palladium definition of the word "happy" or "planet" i don't go around automatically looking through every palladium product on the off chance that someone has used a normal word to mean something completely different from the word's standard meaning. if not given any reason to assume otherwise, i will assume that if someone uses the word "happy", they simply mean the standard use of the word happy, not some sort of Happy OCC published in a rifter somewhere.

someone unfamiliar with the product in question is going to look at it and say "what the hell does biomancy have to do with a social movement to selectively breed humanity to generate desired traits or retain the supposed purity of a race, and why is someone writing a book about that for rifts?" and you know what? they'd be PERFECTLY WITHIN REASON. because the description does not in any way inform anyone who did not already know that you're referring to some specific rules in a specific book which i rather expect more people don't own than do. the statement was unclear. you can **** and moan all you want about me not owning the book, but that still doesn't magically turn the unclear statement into a clear one. it's badly worded, and it gives a false impression about what the book is about to anyone who doesn't own powers unlimited 2, or even those who own the book but don't remember the Eugenic thingy in particular.
Anyone who owns the book and does not know what Eugenics refers to never read the book Seeing as it is one of the most extensive write ups in the book.
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

TechnoGothic wrote:Splicer's Bio-tech is way different from Bio-Wizardary in Atlantis.

Organic Rockets. Bio-Energy Vents, Super-regeneration, Bio-lasers (that could hurt vamps as its true light and might be considered sunlight), and alot more cool stuff. Bio-Weapons, swords, axes, etc... Living Power Armor and Body Armors. and more.

Actually, I own the Splicers RPG, and have read it cover to cover. To me, both Bio-Wizardry and the Bio-tech in splicers are similar in concept, if not actual practice. Both create living tools and modify creatures. The end results may look slightly different, but to me, they seem to be releated.

And on a side note, I did not mean to start a debate about use of the word Eugenics. :eek:
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Keep the PC thought policing out of the palladium boards. The mods are heavy handed as it is, let alone adding leftist non-sense to the mix.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

WELL give some info about this
thank you
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Perhaps the exact term is Eugenetics, or even more precise advanced genetic engineering.
But I suggest you to cool down, Sharkforce. Your was close as a grammarnazi rant.

I don't think so. Ask any Jewish person about the ideas behind Eugenics, and you'll probably find an offended man or women. Nazis used Eugenics as the basis for their so called "Arayan Society." That's enough to send up a red flag for most people using the word in a social context. This is a false trolling. He's not the only one who's a little teed.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Cain wrote:

Ironically, Eugenics has far more in common with real Nazis than Shark_Force's post has in common with 'grammar-nazis'.

Heeheehee. Teehee. Ah, I love irony.....

Apologies to you if you are Jewish, Shark_Force. The only thing at all I find humorous at all is the irony of someone calling anybody else a nazi for saying they don't understand what eugenics is... I don't find Nazis or what their eugenics science led to to be humorous at all.

Genetic Engineering is indeed a better term to use.

Look I use the word GrammarNazi perhpas out of context, I realize it now(after all is not that he cricized the grammatic) but I think that he was way too excessivelly picky on the use of the word. Sigh....bad me, I'm sorry to ever have replied here. I just wanted to clear that in the context of Splicer, yes, Eugenics is what we are tlaking about, expecially when delaing wiht the Biotic. Albeit perhaps the Word genetic engineering would been better. Still. WOULD YOU GUYS COOL DOWN FOR ABIT!!!!!
A bit of maturity what the ****!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

:lol: Har har, funny. So are you going to report KS to Palladium? Oh wait he is Palladium :nh: Eugenics existed before the Nazis. That is like reporting someone for using the swastika... it isn't german either it is Hindu. Or wait lets report someone for using the stylized double s's of the SS... oh waith that wasn't there's either it is the rune symbol for Thor. Gunn Bros... learn before you speak, otherwise your just trolling.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Damian Magecraft wrote:

DUDE! chill.

Ignorant more than racist but then being racist is being ignorant... kinda funny. :)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Cain wrote:I have now lost all the excitement I had that Lemuria is FINALLY going to be released next year (maybe- they did say the same thing about it coming out in 1996). I no longer have any desire to discuss this book (the one I've most wanted to see in the entire history of Palladium Books).

Thanks guys. Really great of you. <that is sarcasm, just to be clear.

What is Emperor Ryu even being mentioned in this thread for? He has not even made a post in this thread! Save your personal insults for threads he's actually posting in, so he has a chance to defend himself, please. Better yet, just save your personal insults, period. They're against the rules here, supposedly, are they not? Or does that rule only apply to people levelling personal insults against those with a higher post count than them? Rediculous. Just because he said a couple stupid things in one thread is NO REASON to constantly bash him and insult him, even in threads that have NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH HIM, that he HAS NOT EVEN POSTED IN. Yeah, I'm talking to you, Zero. Grow up, PLEASE! For the sake of Palladium Books, GROW UP! (I convinced him just the other day to buy a few more books, but a lot of you BNFs seem to be only interested in insulting him, driving him away, and convincing him to buy other games instead. Like has happened to so many others that came on here before him. Way to go!) Consider yourself officially admonished by a Megaversal Ambassador for doing your part to make our job of attracting old fans back that much harder. We do NOT need THAT kind of "help"!

I used to have a great deal of respect for several of you, despite the fact that we sometimes or often disagree on things. Thanks to your behaviour in this thread, I no longer have ANY respect for you guys, and it will take a great deal of time and effort on your part to earn that back. Not that I expect you care, but...
(strtkwr, Shark_Force, The Beast and gunn bros, I am NOT talking about you guys at all, nor the first few posters in this thread).

Man, these boards are more hostile these days than they ever were in the past. You guys can sometimes make even the dirtiest underbellies of the internet look good. Pathetic.

All the insults hurled around here lately, and this thread in particular, really make me want to quit being a megaversal ambassador, quit plugging Palladium books to every gamer I know and meet, quit bugging my game stores to start carrying PB products again or order more copies of books if they still do carry them and even quit being a Palladium fan. If this is how the other fans act on a weekly basis, I am utterly embarassed to be associated with the fandom. :cry:

Nothing has gotten better over the years in this regard. It's just getting worse, all the time. Your elitist attitudes, bullying and constant personal insults to other posters and other fans are detrimental to our cause of trying to help save Palladium Books. They have never helped, and they never will. All it does is drive fans away from this community and from buying Palladiums products at all. The effect can be multiplied exponentially if you have a 'Rifter Contributer' or "Freelancer" tag under your name.

Yeah, I think I'm done with being a Megaversal Ambassador. Fans like you guys don't deserve such awesomeness as having other fans volunteering a great deal of their free time to promote these products.

Somebody tell Carl Gleba and spinachat for me that I shall no longer be writing up a nice letter and business plan to mail to Kevin to show him how to harness the power of nearly-free marketting techniques used by other niche-market small companies. It is really not worth my time to do so FOR FREE, when so many vocal fans and staff of Palladium Books are undeserving of Kevin's awesome products. They can feel free to email him my post on the subject if they want to, but I'm not going to spend the next few days writing him up a nice FREE business plan to go along with it, nor share the contacts of mine that he could use to make it happen. He'll have to find his own suppliers I guess. With fans like the ones around here, there's no way in hell I'm going to embarass myself further by asking old buddies to cut Palladium Books a sweet deal, just because they had fun in games I ran for them when they were in high school. They'd be even more disgusted by the behaviour of many palladium big name fans and freelancers than I am-- it's completely antithesis to the subcultures their businesses serve.

It is pretty sad that someone would allow comments not related to a book to determine if they want to get it or not. I wasn't insulting ER, I was simply stating that he has used the same defense. There is no defense against an established and documented trend. I think your statement alone of not wanting to get Lemuria as a Megaversal Ambassador has done more damage than 100 of us complaining. :nh: Your lack of integrity to your claimed views of desiring to help PB is sad. Not to mention that you don't even keep your word. When you say you should do something, like the business plan, you should deliver, your word is what ever you say not just what you say with an "I promise" or "I swear" somewhere around it. Allowing people not connected to the company except as the very loosely based "fan" to change your views is pittiful. I'm not saying your pittiful or sad I'm saying your ACTING pittiful and sad.
Hmm… apparently you haven't been here long or just don't read. There are several threads as, if not more, hostile than this (e.g. the ancient and very long "This is the tread that will not end…" aka "The teleport thread").
Oh BTW telling some one to grow up is in itself an insult… which makes you a hippocrit. Besides your little tantrum of (paraphrasing) "I don't want to buy a book because of non-related items that people are posting, I also don't like how you people act so I'm not going to do what I said I was going to do." shows a certain level of maturity. I hope you really aren't this way so I figure you had a rediculously bad day or many bad things have just built up and now you just aren't acting rationally.
Hope your weekend goes better and you have a wonderful holiday season.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Balabanto wrote:

I don't think so. Ask any Jewish person about the ideas behind Eugenics, and you'll probably find an offended man or women. Nazis used Eugenics as the basis for their so called "Arayan Society." That's enough to send up a red flag for most people using the word in a social context. This is a false trolling. He's not the only one who's a little teed.

Stop already. Eugenics has as much to do with Nazi Germany as mustard gas, incinerators, jets, bombs, shovels, guard towers, barbed wire fence, etc. It is only related to Nazi Germany because that is what they decided to use... hell even the word Arayan isn't Hitler's... it is a word derived from a non-white/blond/blue eyed word meaning Noble and is still used by Hindus. :nh: I'm sure if you ask a jewish survivor they what they most remember it would not be the word or even the Nazi program of Eugenics. :nh:

Again Stop this idiocy. Eugenics IS a canon word in the Megaverse. Eugenics in the Megaverse does not refer to the Nazi breeding program. Eugenics is established in the Megaverse as the genetic improvement of a species. Eugenics can be used to refer to Splycers as it is genetically improving scarcrows and some classes that get genetically modified directly. Eugenics can refer to the Splycers' Host Armor as each armor is an animal that was genetically improved. Eugenics can be used in the same way to comment on genetic enhancements of Lemuria or any other locale in Rifts as it is part of the Megaverse.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Wow. I walk away and people are talking about the likelyhood of the book ever being published. I come back and there are people fighting over the use of a word from a sci fi universe?

Dudes....

Take a deep breath.

Mellow......

It's not only pretty clear, but it's extreamly clear that noone is boosting up the Nazi's and using the word in that fashion.

If you can't get that, on your own, well then maybe you need to put down the role playing books. And exit over there to the left. Because you're not adult enough or mature enough to handle these games. (( or any RPGs))

Palladium is about as "G" to "PG" as you can get in the RPG market. It doesn't get much softer. If you can't handle these with out getting punched in the jimmy about a word. You're looking for recreation in the wrong location.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Cain wrote:(strtkwr, Shark_Force, The Beast and gunn bros, I am NOT talking about you guys at all, nor the first few posters in this thread).

Nobody ever talks about me... :(
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Beast wrote:
Cain wrote:(strtkwr, Shark_Force, The Beast and gunn bros, I am NOT talking about you guys at all, nor the first few posters in this thread).

Then there is that The Beast guy... why's it got to be THE Beast? It would just be so much easier to be Beast.

Did you want something good or bad said about you?

Good: Hey that The Beast guy is cool because he likes The Guild and his avatar goes well with his name too... he ranks up there with Strong Bad in my book.
Bad: Hey I think that the The Beast guy is arrogant (I don't even know you) I mean come on he has THE in front of his name. Yet at the same time he's like Homesar Runner to me.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Cain wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:It is pretty sad that someone would allow comments not related to a book to determine if they want to get it or not. I wasn't insulting ER, I was simply stating that he has used the same defense. There is no defense against an established and documented trend. I think your statement alone of not wanting to get Lemuria as a Megaversal Ambassador has done more damage than 100 of us complaining. :nh:

I never said I am not going to get the book. Read my words again instead of twisting them and putting words in my mouth. I only said you've killed my desire to DISCUSS this book that I am very excited about. I even pointed out it's the one single book in the entire history of Palladium Books that I have been most excited about getting.

If your intention was not to insult another poster, you should not have even mentioned his name, let alone with the wording you chose to use. And one statement in one thread does not establish a documented trend. He made a mistake. I forgave him for it, why can't you? He makes excellent contributions to many threads, and happens to be a pretty nice guy to boot, even if you disagree on things. He's exactly the kind of old returning fan that we need to be convincing to start GMing again and start buying books again. NOT the kind of person we should be ostracizing or picking on and showing to the door. Are you unaware of the dire straights PB is in these days or something? Or just too selfish to see past the tip of your own nose?

Shark_Force had very good points, clearly stated, about the confusion caused by failing to state what was meant by using an anti-semetic and socially unacceptable term. He was correct in pointing out that this is the Rifts forum, not the HU forum, and that such confusion is only natural to many people if it is not clearly communicated that you are talking about something from another gameline in the Rifts forum.

I've been getting really tired of so many posters around here, constantly belittling and looking down on anybody that doesn't have every single book. You're not going to convince anyone to buy every book that way, simply so they can be as leet as us collectors-- the only thing such attitudes convince people of is to say screw it and stop buying Palladium products that they don't really need for their games (and since so many people active on these forums freely and regularly admit they don't GM or play anymore, they're already buying books they don't actually "need", out of a sense of fandom and nostalgia, that's one of the last things we need to be seeing around here).

Zer0 Kay wrote:Your lack of integrity to your claimed views of desiring to help PB is sad. Not to mention that you don't even keep your word. When you say you should do something, like the business plan, you should deliver, your word is what ever you say not just what you say with an "I promise" or "I swear" somewhere around it. Allowing people not connected to the company except as the very loosely based "fan" to change your views is pittiful. I'm not saying your pittiful or sad I'm saying your ACTING pittiful and sad.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Hmm… apparently you haven't been here long or just don't read. There are several threads as, if not more, hostile than this (e.g. the ancient and very long "This is the tread that will not end…" aka "The teleport thread").
Oh BTW telling some one to grow up is in itself an insult… which makes you a hippocrit. Besides your little tantrum of (paraphrasing) "I don't want to buy a book because of non-related items that people are posting, I also don't like how you people act so I'm not going to do what I said I was going to do." shows a certain level of maturity. I hope you really aren't this way so I figure you had a rediculously bad day or many bad things have just built up and now you just aren't acting rationally.

I have been around here since the forums first went up. This is not my first account. I bought a new computer in 2004, and the email address I used when I first signed up no longer existed, so I was unable to reset the password I could no longer remember. After contacting those who run the forums to try and get it reset and changed to my new email address, I was told to just make a new account and sign up again, so I did so. I do read, and I possess a superhuman level of reading comprehension.

I am fully aware of the many threads more hostile than this one. It has always been a problem on these forums, and gets worse every year. As the fan base dwindles, the hostility to one another increases. This week has been especially bad on these forums-- and yet this is the one time of year even the biggest jerks in the world generally get into the season spirit and start acting compassionate and understanding towards their fellow humans. Why do you think I'm so pissed off at seeing yet another thread derail into the slinging of insults and pointless arguments that do nothing to help Palladium, and instead harm them by showing a fandom full of hostility to any current or potential customers that come here to read and lurk? Did you not read my post here that you replied to, where I indicated this has long been a problem? Let me repost the relevant paragraph for you, in case you missed it the first time.

"Nothing has gotten better over the years in this regard. It's just getting worse, all the time. Your elitist attitudes, bullying and constant personal insults to other posters and other fans are detrimental to our cause of trying to help save Palladium Books. They have never helped, and they never will. All it does is drive fans away from this community and from buying Palladiums products at all. The effect can be multiplied exponentially if you have a 'Rifter Contributer' or "Freelancer" tag under your name."

No I am not normally this way. I have skin thicker than a rhinos, and I very rarely ever go back on my word about anything, to anyone. You're only as good as your word, where I come from. I hate breaking promises (though I never gave a promise, I just agreed to think about doing what Carl and Spinachat asked me to do, and devote even more extra time to a great idea than I had devoted to it already). I feel rotten for deciding to go back on it, and probably always will. But I also find it too hard to continually push aside my ideals and morals just to take part in the whole 'Help Save Palladium' thing. I'd feel just as rotten for continuing to help a bunch of rotten fans. It wasn't an easy choice for me, but the most important choices in life rarely are easy ones.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Hope your weekend goes better and you have a wonderful holiday season.

Same here. Spending the weekend with family and at the hilll catching some fresh pow' will surely do me a world of good. I have indeed been having a couple of bad days now, solely due to all the venom and insults being hurled around on these very forums. Yes, it is making me a bit irrational I fear, which is not normal for me.

Then again, anti-semitism and seeing people defend it always makes me angry and irrational. Far too many people (including my family) sacrificed everything to put an end to the holocaust. I own PU2, but have never used it or allowed anything from it in my games, solely because the term "Eugenics Heroes" is incredibly offensive to every jewish and german person in the world, and is pretty much offensive to the entire human race.

And no, I do not need to ask a holocaust survivor if they remember the word eugenics and what it represents. I have two in my family, as do the families of many of our family friends. They taught me as a young child not to use such anti-semetic terms. There is nothing funny at all about anti-semetism or those who defend it by saying it's okay to use such terms these days, just because the holocaust was over 50 years ago. I can't ask my Uncle if he still remembers Eugenics, as he died a couple years ago, and my aunt is almost on her death bed right now. And I will certainly NOT be asking my grandfather about it when we call him this weekend-- the last thing I want to do is upset an old man at christmas time by bringing up the holocaust and Nazi Eugenics programs just to settle an argument on the internet. Sheesh. (I'm guessing that you never expected me, or any other member of this forum, actually know holocaust survivors... or I can't imagine why you would have said that.)

Zero, do you have ANY idea how much trouble Palladium would have been in if they had slapped swastikas or SS symbols on the side of Coalition tanks? They would have been sued out of business a long time ago if they'd done something that insensitive and foolish, if the mainstream media had ever noticed and gotten a hold of it. Thankfully Kevin is smarter than that, and was always careful to keep the Coalition and their similarity to the Nazis on the subtle and though-provoking level instead of blatantly promoting anti-semitism by putting swastikas on all their uniforms and equipment, instead of just telling us that the evil Emperor Prosek considers Adolph Hitler a role model. You can do that if you're writing a book or filming a movie about World War II, but you cannot get away with that in fantasy and science fiction that is not set during the Great War (or some parallel world of the same time period). And no self-respecting worshipper of Thor still uses that ancient symbol-- yeah, because the Nazi's ruined it. Nor does the palladium game version of Thor (or any of his several imitators) wear that symbol. Nor do any of the many comic-book versions of Thor use it. For damn good reason. Though didn't PB catch a fair bit of flak from their own fans for including dee-bee extermination death-camps in the Siege on Tolkeen? I never complained about that myself, but a lot of other customers of theirs did bring it up (I just started a campaign to get the PCs to go in and put an end to those camps, but could not bring myself to actually complete the campaign to that point, it was simply too painful for me and I think games should be ultimately fun, even when they're provoking deep thought and self-examination through the characters and the tough choices they're forced to face. My wife is going to hate me when or if she reads this, I never told her WHY I stopped GMing that campaign, and she REALLY loved her Coalition character. :( ).

"Lest we forget". Perhaps you heard that phrase again a month ago, when we remember the sacrifices of our veterans. Do you understand it, or like so many people today, have you forgotten that it is meant to remind us of the horrors of the holocaust, and that we should never again let that happen?

I'm sorry Zero, if I am being irrational on the subject, but like many others I have very good reason for it when it comes to the Nazis. And unfortunately, they're still around. Just two months ago neo-nazis did a brutal assault and home invasion on a mayoral candidate's family in my city-- because her husband is an activist who in the past has organized protests when the Nazis try to hold rallies around here. Anyway, I hope you have a good weekend and good holiday as well. And I pray that you at least consider that you've been unnecesarily offending people in this thread, and that the holiday break does ALL of us some good. :)

Pepsi -- I will certainly consider your very mature advice over the weekend and the holidays. I certainly do know where the door is, and am certainly adult enough and mature enough to vote with my phat wallet if that's what it comes down to (seems to me that's what you're suggesting). Using the word eugenics in any fashion is always anti-semtic and boosting up the nazis, whether it is intentional or not. It was never a science, it was a social movement about maintaining racial purity -- outdated concepts that in the past have led to more human suffering than any other single thing in history. What we have in this science fiction setting is NOT Eugenics (even if they unfortunately called it that) but the actual sciences of genetics and genetic engineering. But I'll consider your advice. And thanks for proving my point about how stupidly hostile people around here are being lately. Telling people you disagree with on the forums they aren't mature enough or adult enough to handle RPGs and pointing out where the door is sure doesn't help Palladium keep or attract fans in order to sell more books to pull themselves out of the danger-zone. :( This is exactly the kind of bad attitudes I was ranting about above. Now you're just one more person I used to have a great deal of respect for in this community-- usually your posts are good and well thought-out. But as a mature adult, I will certainly give your advice some serious consideration. Forgive me if I don't thank you for THAT. I love this game far too much to relish the idea of thinking about putting the books down and heading for the door. Then again, there are a few new MMOs with good potential coming out this winter, that will attract roleplayers in droves, and I could easily hook up with old roleplaying guilds I used to help lead instead of trying to be actively involved in the Palladium Community. If I do that I could even get to meet a whole new crop of new roleplayers from the younger 'unimaginative spoiled brat useless' generation that Damian and others so love to revile and belittle around here. Ah hell, this just sucks. But yeah, I can see the exit over on stage left that has been taunting me for the last 3 years. It was a heck of a lot easier to find people excited to try playing Rifts and Phaseworld games when I was working in Newfoundland-- people on isolated islands are always starved for good entertainment-- which made it a heck of a lot easier to overlook and live with the constant self-devouring hostility of this fandom.

Enjoy the holidays guys and girls. Maybe I'll see you all again in the new year. Or maybe I'll have found my way to the door instead. There's only two more books I actually need to continue my campaigns anyway-- not that I really NEED them per se, I've been using the Lemurians in the background since the first Rifts main book came out, I just want to get the book and have them finally MEET them and finally read the awesomeness Kevin's been talking about since 1993. So yeah, even if you guys don't see me back after the holidays, rest assured I'll still be buying Lemuria (though I won't be duped into pre-ordering it again due to how many times the book has been announced in the past as "coming next year!" Bah, this is already starting to look like it may be an easier decision than it should be... :cry:

I am a Veteran of the USAF. I hate all that is Hitler's NAZI Germany. Note that I am very specific. The actual NAZI party was... before Hitler nothing but a Socialist movement and to hate socialist movements means you hate Canada, England and many other countries. I don't hate Germany and though Hitler was an evil man my religion teaches me not to hate the person but what they do. As for Kevin and swastikas... he could have tacked them over every inch of the tanks on not have been sued, he could have even said they were the heroes and not have been sued he could have said racism and the Nazi ideal of Eugenics was good and not have been sued... he lives in the USA and he can say and publish stuff like that if he wanted. Now even if he does belive that which I don't think he does, he would sell very few. I fought for his right to do that and I'd expect him to exercise it... I'd laugh at him for being that stupid, but I'd expect him to use the rights I helped secure. When I say "you" in the next section I don't mean YOU.

You can burn my flag it is just an icon the ideal is in my heart you can even blaspheme my God, Christ and the Holy Ghost to my face for it is not me that you will face, but from my family you can not keep me apart and those that depend on me I will defend and leave of you no trace.

Now damning Eugenics because of who used it is rediculous that is just as bad as holding every muslim responsible for 9/11 because they share the same religion... which goes deeper than a pollitical ideology. As for the double bolt thor symbol... I said it was Thor's RUNE symbol. The Marvel character has NEVER worn it and the religious symbol for thor is the upside down hammer. If you by a set of scrying runes you will find that the double bolt is STILL included. JUST like the swastika and the word Arya is still used in India. I'm not defending the regime I'm defending a science that like all other science can be used for good and bad. here let me help you STOP putting Nazi in front of Eugenics. I can make ther aerospace program just as evil by putting Nazi Avionautics, now everyone stop using jets and airplanes! Nazi Agroculture no one grow anything anymore. Hate the ideals and the people that twisted the science NOT the science. Science is a tool and hating a hammer just makes it harder to build a house. Genetic engineering of humanity would be called Eugenics, the Nazi didn't make it up and they didn't kill it and they don't own the IP on it either. Now I'm willing to bet all the study the Nazi did with Eugenics are completely useless to anyone now... and even then, that were seriously studying it and not just some nuts trying to breed a bunch of blond haired blue eyed freaks who are no better than any other human unless you happen to be attracted to blond hair and/or blue eyes.

Oh what is "fresh 'pow"?
TechnoGothic
Knight

Shark_Force wrote:

Actually Shark Force. It would have been better to Ask for clarifation by what i meant instead of the way your worded your responce it seems.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

strtkwr wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:Splicer's Bio-tech is way different from Bio-Wizardary in Atlantis.

Actually, I own the Splicers RPG, and have read it cover to cover. To me, both Bio-Wizardry and the Bio-tech in splicers are similar in concept, if not actual practice. Both create living tools and modify creatures. The end results may look slightly different, but to me, they seem to be releated.

And on a side note, I did not mean to start a debate about use of the word Eugenics. :eek:

For better or Worst the Term Eugenics has been used for Genetic Energineering in general for a good long time now.

Back to the Point of Bio-Tech vs Bio-Wizardary however, which is a better topic.
Bio-Wizardary is a Magic which Bonds/replaces body parts from one creature/being to another. Its simple. The DNA is unaltered. A Human with a Dragon clawed hand is still a Human DNA wise. The Dragon Clawed hand too is still has the DNA of the Dragon. The two are not merged geneticlly. but magicially.

Bio-Tech is much different however. In that it used on a genetic level. A Being or Creature is geneticly altered to possess the abilities installed. You have to search the entire genetic code to find the pieces of code which gives the abilities or powers.
Bio-Tech you can grow a Building, Weapon, suit of living-armor, and more alot more.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

ZINO wrote:

WELL give some info about this
thank you

Tease us alittle of the goodness, ok ??
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Wow. I walk away and people are talking about the likelyhood of the book ever being published. I come back and there are people fighting over the use of a word from a sci fi universe?

Dudes....

Take a deep breath.

Mellow......

It's not only pretty clear, but it's extreamly clear that noone is boosting up the Nazi's and using the word in that fashion.

If you can't get that, on your own, well then maybe you need to put down the role playing books. And exit over there to the left. Because you're not adult enough or mature enough to handle these games. (( or any RPGs))

Palladium is about as "G" to "PG" as you can get in the RPG market. It doesn't get much softer. If you can't handle these with out getting punched in the jimmy about a word. You're looking for recreation in the wrong location.

Agreed.

The Beast wrote:

We talk about you all the time...just when your back is turned :P :lol:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Calling something or some one "anti-semitic" these days carries very little weight. Eugenics isn't inherently anti-semitic either, nor is the use of the word. Keep your cultural marxist nonsense out of gaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apx2iOas ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWIaYJG ... re=related

Return to “Rifts®”