Auto G

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: Auto G

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

DieCastWolf wrote:I have someone in a campaign with me running an auto G and of course this is leading to a whole slew of arguements as you could imagine.

1. What makes a creature supernatural? Does it have to state that the creature is supernatural or is supernatural states and M.D.C. enough?

2. An auto G can't copy magic from an OCC because it's not a racial ability. Correct?

3. What are psychics currently considered now? R.C.C., O.C.C., or P.C.C.?

#1 = Anything with Super Powers, Psychics, Magic, Supernatural Attributes, or MDC.
#2 = Auto-Gs cannot use Magics anyways from what i remember from SoT usage of Auto-Gs.
#3 = Psychics are a PCC/RCC. Mutant Humans if a Master Psionic.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ale Golem »

TechnoGothic wrote:
DieCastWolf wrote:1. What makes a creature supernatural? Does it have to state that the creature is supernatural or is supernatural states and M.D.C. enough?

#1 = Anything with Super Powers, Psychics, Magic, Supernatural Attributes, or MDC.
Incorrect, supernatural creatures can not get cybernetic/bionic implants but there are several MDC creatures that can get implants. Having magic, psionics or super powers does not prevent this either, although it may dissuade the practice.
Check it out and love it! http://www.badgreymatter.com/
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Ale Golem wrote:Incorrect, supernatural creatures can not get cybernetic/bionic implants but there are several MDC creatures that can get implants. Having magic, psionics or super powers does not prevent this either, although it may dissuade the practice.

Just to note: Brodkil are indeed supernatural and can get cybernetics/bionic implants.

IIRC, supernatural creatures are usually labeled usually as such in their description. There was also something along the lines that Supernatural creatures don't have a life-span...they can live forever (was this in RUE, I don't remember). Creatures of magic have a natural life span, but it may not be for 100,000's of years. Anyways, if you have RUE, there's a list of terms that define the terms Creature of magic and Supernatural creature.

2. An auto G can't copy magic from an OCC because it's not a racial ability. Correct?

True. Also, Auto-G's can't learn magic because (in the right up in...SOT? Maybe Lonestar...don't remember) it mentions something that they have burned all their PPE to have the ability to shapeshift.

3. What are psychics currently considered now? R.C.C., O.C.C., or P.C.C.?

Some are R.C.C. The easiest way to figure out if a race is psychic, is to say "Ok, does EVERYONE in the race have this power?". If the answer is no...then it's a mutation, a skill, something different. A burster is a human mutant, and most humans don't have psychic powers so trying to copy the DNA of a burster will just make you a human. On the other hand, psi-stalkers and dog boys are races that all have psychic powers thus using the auto-g power on them grant you the powers of a psi-stalker or dog boy.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

DieCastWolf wrote:There are plenty of known supernatural creatures who don't meet all these conditions. How many of them would you need to meet to be considered a supernatural creature? For example would a Grackle Tooth or a Greot Hunter be considered a supernatural creatue due to thier MDC and supernatural states?

My honest opinion is that it should be made easy...don't know why kevin complicates it. If a creature has supernatural anything, they are a supernatural creature unless they are stated as being a creature of magic. I'd make life so much easier.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I'd say you have to meet at least a majority of them. 3 out of 5 though most will in fact meet all ofthem one way or another.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

DieCastWolf wrote:According to RUE a supernatural creature:
1.draws upon arcane forces as part of thier natural ability (not all of them do this I.E. brodkil doesn't)
2. have supernatural strength and endurance
3. are natural M.D.C. creatures
4. resistant to cold, heat, or fire and impervious to disease
5. Can heal quickly.

sometimes though creatures of magic meet most of those criteria and yet still aren't supernatural creatures. example: dragons. classified as creatures of magic, but they draw apon arcane forces (shapechange, teleport, etc), have supernatural strength and endurance, are natural MDC, resistant to heat/cold/fire/illness, and heal quickly. but they aren't supernatural.

i usually append a personal #6..."do not have recognizable biology". thus dragons, werewolves, and other such creatures which have normal biologies, for all their powers, don't rate as supernatural the way entities and most demons do. those have biologies so bizzare or unrecognizable that you can't really consider them as biological.

thus werewolfs are CoM, while vampires are supernatural beings. dragons are CoM, while Bal'rogs are Supernatural beings..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
DieCastWolf wrote:According to RUE a supernatural creature:
1.draws upon arcane forces as part of thier natural ability (not all of them do this I.E. brodkil doesn't)
2. have supernatural strength and endurance
3. are natural M.D.C. creatures
4. resistant to cold, heat, or fire and impervious to disease
5. Can heal quickly.

sometimes though creatures of magic meet most of those criteria and yet still aren't supernatural creatures. example: dragons. classified as creatures of magic, but they draw apon arcane forces (shapechange, teleport, etc), have supernatural strength and endurance, are natural MDC, resistant to heat/cold/fire/illness, and heal quickly. but they aren't supernatural.

i usually append a personal #6..."do not have recognizable biology". thus dragons, werewolves, and other such creatures which have normal biologies, for all their powers, don't rate as supernatural the way entities and most demons do. those have biologies so bizzare or unrecognizable that you can't really consider them as biological.

thus werewolfs are CoM, while vampires are supernatural beings. dragons are CoM, while Bal'rogs are Supernatural beings..

I like that. I'm gonna use it myself :)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
TiekoSora
Explorer
Comment: I've made my saving throw to disbelieve.

Unread post by TiekoSora »

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an auto G?
They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

It is hte ultimate shapeshifter that can mimc a race right down to its dna sequence......

\m/
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ale Golem »

Laux the Ogre wrote:
DieCastWolf wrote:1.draws upon arcane forces as part of thier natural ability (not all of them do this I.E. brodkil doesn't)

Um, yes they do. Brodkil turn invisible at will. Only after the cybernetics go in do they lose that.
He beat me to it.
Check it out and love it! http://www.badgreymatter.com/
TiekoSora
Explorer
Comment: I've made my saving throw to disbelieve.

Unread post by TiekoSora »

jaymz wrote:It is hte ultimate shapeshifter that can mimc a race right down to its dna sequence......

What sourcebook is it found in?
They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
dpowers99
Newb

Unread post by dpowers99 »

I been looking for this information on what an Auto-G can and can not copy. i have not found a lot to work with so i made my own list. i am working from Rifts - World Book 30 - D-Bees of North America mostly. It give some examples in the description. Casting Magic is not allowed but it specific to casting in the text so magical ability's may very well be in. there are 3 examples that give me a scope for what can be copied Dog Boys, Psi-Stalker and a Grackle Tooth. from this i think we can conclude the MDC D-Bees and Psychic D-Bees are all on the table. I also see no reason you can Copy a magical casting D-Bee you just cant use that ability. this would also make it harder to pretend to be them, Hear is a list i working on of races you can and can not be, it not complete yet but it may help someone.

D-Bees That Can Be Copy
Names:
Any Mortal
Dog Boy
Psi-Stalker
Aviane
Bayou Ursines
Blucies
Bruutasaur
Butter Trolls
Centaur
Crab Warriors
Cyber-Horsemen (maybe 40% or more issue)
Darkhound
Deer Horn Tribesmen
Dewtani
D'norr Devilmen
Dramins
Drizzit
Feni Nomads
Fennodi
Fingertooth Carpetbagger
Flooper
Grackle Tooth
Greot Hunter
Horune Pirates
Idie Swamp Men
Iktek Diggers
Kraks
Lanotaur
Larmac
Loaks
Loronoids
Lyn-Srial
Lyvorrk
Mastadonoid
M'Raghiile Tree Men
Malvoren
N'mbyr Gorilla Man
Noli Bushman
N'retas
Nuhr Dwarves
Phlebus
Pogtal Dragon Slayer
Posluzik
Power Leech
Psi-Goblin
Psi-X Aliens
Quick-Flex Alien
Roane Pipers
Sasquatch
Septumbran With Wolves
Shale Boles
Shaper
Simvan Monster Riders
Spinne
Squilbs
Swamp-Sludger
Tirrvol Sword Fist
Tokanii
Trimadore
Vanguard Brawler
Vernulians ?
Vintex Warriors
Xiticx ?
Yeno
Yhabbayar
Zenith Moon Warpers
The Azverkan (Knights of the True Vision)
Lycanmorph
Seeker
Ugakwa Explorer
Srrynn Canniba
Gene-splicers
Cho Zo
Dinosaur People
Neruni
Lost Ones ?
Adarok (Flying Mountain)
Erya
Hawrk-duhk
Hawrk-ka
Hawrk-ohl
Shaydor Spherians
Shaydorian Intel
Zembahk (Mystic Worms)

D-Bees That Can Not Copy
Names:
Supernatural Beings
Creatures of Magic
Animal
Extremely Alien (Intelligent Blob)
Amorp
Ecto-Man
D-Bees Made of Stone or Plant Matter
Cactus People
Chasseur Vert
Demon-Dragonmage
Faerie Bot D-Bee
Forest Wardens
Ganka
Kremin Cyborg ??
Obsedai
Shemarrian Warriors
Slurmph
Gargoyles
Faerie Folk
C'ro Demon Mage
Eurotorpid
Mega-Foot Mastica
The Stone-Claw
White Slayer
Three Headed Wolf
Brodkil
Monster Brodkil
Wiggly Squiggly
Changelings
Goblin Cobblers
Rahu-Men
Dragonsaurus
Yll-Tree Climber
Yazhing Multipede
dpowers99
Newb

Unread post by dpowers99 »

it can be found in Rifts - World Book 30 - D-Bees of North America and Rifts - Coalition Wars 03 Sorcerers Revenge . the World book being newer.

Return to “Rifts®”