Marine Sourcebook of the Schedule?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Marine Sourcebook of the Schedule?

Unread post by jaymz »

Can some please exzplain to me how a book that had a manuscript completed and submitted last year, was touted as being out months ago and delayed time and time again, is now not even on the schedule yet there are books that were further down the line now pushed up?

See the latest press release.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Re: Marine Sourcebook of the Schedule?

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

jaymz wrote:See the latest press release.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?

Either Kevin forgot it when he was typing that up or else the information has been folded into The New Generation sourcebook.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
jaymz wrote:See the latest press release.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?

Either Kevin forgot it when he was typing that up or else the information has been folded into The New Generation sourcebook.

Well then its been pushed even FURTHER back..... :badbad: that bloody well sucks since he has a COMPLETE manuscript for the damn book already :badbad:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

color me suprised....I understand that HG has to approve everything but the contract they have with HG should have said that HG has to get back with them in 2 weeks time with either the approval or what changes they would like of the book goes to the printer as is.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Robot Urchin wrote:
jaymz wrote:Can some please exzplain to me how a book that had a manuscript completed and submitted last year, was touted as being out months ago and delayed time and time again, is now not even on the schedule yet there are books that were further down the line now pushed up?

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?

The manuscript for Triax 2 was written about 2 years ago, and only saw artwork and final editing in the past 3 months. A manuscript, apparently, is only half the battle.

press release wrote: Um, not necessarily in that exact order. In fact, we have so much going on that I may have forgotten some game books in development and their omission should NOT be construed as being taken off the schedule.

This disclaimer also handles any mistakes they may have made in press release. They appear to have more things on their plate than they can possibly release in a year, and the robotech releases seem to have been pushed to the bottom. :( I'm not sure if there's any way we can really pressure Palladium to get a Robotech book out next or soon - the other game lines have demand too.

New Generation would probably sell better than Marines. People would tend to buy the safe bet "New Generation? I remember that! I hope they have the stuff that didn't make it into the Shadow Chronicles book!" rather than the gamble "Marines? I don't remember there being Marines in the TV series...".

Considering that the press releases aside from Kevins editorial/updates at the beginning are pretty much cut nad paste I find it hard he could forget something tha has been on every Press release I can rember for the better part of the last year.

Either way, this is seriously starting to get rediculous in the way of delays for books that have completed manuscripts. ther is now WAY Triax 2 should have been shelved that long, nor the Minion Wars. Kevin has ranted about how amazing his freelancers are and the stuff they submitted was awesome yet he takes months to edit and do apparently major revisions or rewrites of sections before thebooks is anywhere near complete.

Now I have been a fan of Palladium for decades, have virtually every book possible and am one of the first to say "yes they say it'll be out but its Palladium it'll be out when it's out" BUT I am seriously getting to the end of my rope with this crap and I am getting tired of holding on to money to buy books that have been touted for months and years while holding off on other books I want because well "it's Palladium it may be ready in a month or so..." and I truly love the Palladium settings.

When is enoug enough?

\m/
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

jaymz wrote:
Robot Urchin wrote:
jaymz wrote:Can some please exzplain to me how a book that had a manuscript completed and submitted last year, was touted as being out months ago and delayed time and time again, is now not even on the schedule yet there are books that were further down the line now pushed up?

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?

The manuscript for Triax 2 was written about 2 years ago, and only saw artwork and final editing in the past 3 months. A manuscript, apparently, is only half the battle.

press release wrote: Um, not necessarily in that exact order. In fact, we have so much going on that I may have forgotten some game books in development and their omission should NOT be construed as being taken off the schedule.

This disclaimer also handles any mistakes they may have made in press release. They appear to have more things on their plate than they can possibly release in a year, and the robotech releases seem to have been pushed to the bottom. :( I'm not sure if there's any way we can really pressure Palladium to get a Robotech book out next or soon - the other game lines have demand too.

New Generation would probably sell better than Marines. People would tend to buy the safe bet "New Generation? I remember that! I hope they have the stuff that didn't make it into the Shadow Chronicles book!" rather than the gamble "Marines? I don't remember there being Marines in the TV series...".

Considering that the press releases aside from Kevins editorial/updates at the beginning are pretty much cut nad paste I find it hard he could forget something tha has been on every Press release I can rember for the better part of the last year.

Either way, this is seriously starting to get rediculous in the way of delays for books that have completed manuscripts. ther is now WAY Triax 2 should have been shelved that long, nor the Minion Wars. Kevin has ranted about how amazing his freelancers are and the stuff they submitted was awesome yet he takes months to edit and do apparently major revisions or rewrites of sections before thebooks is anywhere near complete.

Now I have been a fan of Palladium for decades, have virtually every book possible and am one of the first to say "yes they say it'll be out but its Palladium it'll be out when it's out" BUT I am seriously getting to the end of my rope with this crap and I am getting tired of holding on to money to buy books that have been touted for months and years while holding off on other books I want because well "it's Palladium it may be ready in a month or so..." and I truly love the Palladium settings.

When is enoug enough?

Heh, been saying that for years mon ami.
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I already prepaid for it and I can feel my escrowed dollar declining in value as we speak...
As I've said before...if I was waiting for the Marines to reinforce me on the HG schedule, the daisies would already be pushing up over where my people had fallen.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

taalismn wrote:As I've said before...if I was waiting for the Marines to reinforce me on the HG schedule, the daisies would already be pushing up over where my people had fallen.

See, that's why you need someone dependable like a Soldier from The Army of the Southern Cross. Sure, you're gonna be asked to do the impossible, but by-gum, when you DO the impossible (assuming your particulate matter hasn't been sprayed all over Hell's Half-Acre) you'll be amazed! :D
taalismn
Priest

taalismn wrote:As I've said before...if I was waiting for the Marines to reinforce me on the HG schedule, the daisies would already be pushing up over where my people had fallen.

See, that's why you need someone dependable like a Soldier from The Army of the Southern Cross. Sure, you're gonna be asked to do the impossible, but by-gum, when you DO the impossible (assuming your particulate matter hasn't been sprayed all over Hell's Half-Acre) you'll be amazed! :D

#"Sure we can help you!"#
"Great! When can we expect you?"
#"As soon as you answer some questions."#
"Such as---?"
#"What sort of terrain are you fighting in?"#
"Ah, deciduous forest?"
#"Good. Do you prefer STRATEGIC air support or TACTICAL air support?"
"Is there a difference?!"
#"Blast radius and collateral radiation exposure, to name the most important."#
"TACTICAL!!! TACTICAL!!!"
#"Next question: do you favor mixed- species weddings between Humans and Zentraedi?"#
"Half my squad's mixed Zentraedi-Human!"
#"Okay, you're a xeno-humper. No big deal. Last question; are you Marine or Army?"#
"I'm a Marine with Fleet! NOw can we get some HELP?!"
#"You're on your own, jarhead. Have fun down there."#
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

taalismn wrote:#"Sure we can help you!"#
"Such as---?"
"Ah, deciduous forest?"
#"Next question: do you favor mixed- species weddings between Humans and Zentraedi?"#
#"Okay, you're a xeno-humper. No big deal. Last question; are you Marine or Army?"#

ROFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
avollant
Wanderer
Comment: "Governments don't make mistakes; they encounter delays and setbacks!

Unread post by avollant »

Maybe it has nothing to do with this but; Did Carl Macek just died a few weeks ago? If I remember a dialog I had with the staffs of DP9 (years ago) over Macross II (they those wonderfull deck plans), it seems that HE was the approuving authority, wasn't he?

If so, then it may explain a few things.
TiekoSora
Explorer
Comment: I've made my saving throw to disbelieve.

Unread post by TiekoSora »

avollant wrote:Maybe it has nothing to do with this but; Did Carl Macek just died a few weeks ago? If I remember a dialog I had with the staffs of DP9 (years ago) over Macross II (they those wonderfull deck plans), it seems that HE was the approuving authority, wasn't he?

Stop making sense! lol
They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

avollant wrote:Maybe it has nothing to do with this but; Did Carl Macek just died a few weeks ago? If I remember a dialog I had with the staffs of DP9 (years ago) over Macross II (they those wonderfull deck plans), it seems that HE was the approuving authority, wasn't he?

Actually Carl Macek hasn't been in charge at HG over Robotech for several years. Authotiry falls to Tommy Yune.

\m/
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

jaymz wrote:Considering that the press releases aside from Kevins editorial/updates at the beginning are pretty much cut nad paste I find it hard he could forget something tha has been on every Press release I can rember for the better part of the last year.

When is enoug enough?

Personally I think it's a lot of trying to do too much with way too little. The staff has scaled back drastically over the years, and the line of thought seems to be "support all the lines." It's just not workable and getting Robotech back only made it worse.

I no longer count on anything from Palladium product wise, and just rely on my or other fan material.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

taalismn wrote:#"Sure we can help you!"#
"Such as---?"
"Ah, deciduous forest?"

ROFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMFG!!! :lol: :lol: :quiet: (Ancient Chinese military secret, sacrifice Marines first then WE get all the glory!!)
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Chris0013
Hero

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
jaymz wrote:Considering that the press releases aside from Kevins editorial/updates at the beginning are pretty much cut nad paste I find it hard he could forget something tha has been on every Press release I can rember for the better part of the last year.

When is enoug enough?

Personally I think it's a lot of trying to do too much with way too little. The staff has scaled back drastically over the years, and the line of thought seems to be "support all the lines." It's just not workable and getting Robotech back only made it worse.

I no longer count on anything from Palladium product wise, and just rely on my or other fan material.

The answer is simple....just crack the whip a little harder and let the writers and artists know there are deadlines. It seems to me more like it is a bunch of gamers getting together and putting stuff together and not professionals being paid to do a job.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Chris0013 wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:

When is enoug enough?

The answer is simple....just crack the whip a little harder and let the writers and artists know there are deadlines. It seems to me more like it is a bunch of gamers getting together and putting stuff together and not professionals being paid to do a job.

The Marine manuscript is complete and on Kevins desk awaiting his editing and has been since late last summer iirc.

\m/
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

jaymz wrote:The Marine manuscript is complete and on Kevins desk awaiting his editing and has been since late last summer iirc.

There is also the possibility that Harmony Gold either killed it or told Palladium to hold off publishing it until after The New Generation sourcebook comes out.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Chris0013 wrote:The answer is simple....just crack the whip a little harder and let the writers and artists know there are deadlines. It seems to me more like it is a bunch of gamers getting together and putting stuff together and not professionals being paid to do a job.

Or instead of having Kevin write/re-write stuff he makes notes or such and sends it back to the writers to redo. Might help in that regard.

Could this become Palladium's new version of Mechanoid Space with all the delays?-jk
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

let be nice and have fun now
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
taalismn
Priest

ShadowLogan wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:The answer is simple....just crack the whip a little harder and let the writers and artists know there are deadlines. It seems to me more like it is a bunch of gamers getting together and putting stuff together and not professionals being paid to do a job.

Or instead of having Kevin write/re-write stuff he makes notes or such and sends it back to the writers to redo. Might help in that regard.

Could this become Palladium's new version of Mechanoid Space with all the delays?-jk

No, no, please, don't raise that spector again...My Robotecher heart just can't handle such disappointment.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ShadowLogan wrote:

Not possible to send it back the writer since he is no longer employed by Palladium and my understanding throughout all teh various threads I have read is they don't never send it back to thwriter once the manuscript is submitted.

\m/
ShadowLogan
Palladin

jaymz wrote:Not possible to send it back the writer since he is no longer employed by Palladium and my understanding throughout all teh various threads I have read is they don't never send it back to thwriter once the manuscript is submitted.

Isn't that how the normal editing process works though? Send it back to the writer for revisions?

I know the writer is no longer employed by Palladium, so Marines might be a special case, but I was thinking more in general than for a specific case(s).
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ShadowLogan wrote:
jaymz wrote:Not possible to send it back the writer since he is no longer employed by Palladium and my understanding throughout all teh various threads I have read is they don't never send it back to thwriter once the manuscript is submitted.

Isn't that how the normal editing process works though? Send it back to the writer for revisions?

I know the writer is no longer employed by Palladium, so Marines might be a special case, but I was thinking more in general than for a specific case(s).

Nope it was brought up in the thread about Triax 2 and the writer is supposed to be in contact wiht Kevin throughout the writing process and once the manuscript is submitted that is it. At that point it is in Kevins hands. At leas thats what I got out the Triax thread and it seemed to be inferred that that is the process Palladium uses across the board.

\m/
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

I'm not pre-ordering anything from Palladium until I get an actual release date. I feel like I've been burned AGAIN.
They can't see me...Right!?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

jaymz wrote:Nope it was brought up in the thread about Triax 2 and the writer is supposed to be in contact wiht Kevin throughout the writing process and once the manuscript is submitted that is it. At that point it is in Kevins hands. At leas thats what I got out the Triax thread and it seemed to be inferred that that is the process Palladium uses across the board.

I realize that is how Palladium does it, I was asking about the standard practices in general (as in beyond just Palladium) for publishing written works.
taalismn
Priest

Given that we have a 'Heroes of the Megaverse' book coming out, a monument(or Rifter mention) to those who pre-ordered Robotech books would also be apropos...
With the engraving: "Those Also Serve Who Watch and Wait. And Wait, And Wait".
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

:lol:

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?
:lol:

That is PB for you. It is only 3-4 months away from it being a year late from the 1st projected publishing date and I for one am not suprised.
Arnie100 wrote:I'm not pre-ordering anything from Palladium until I get an actual release date. I feel like I've been burned AGAIN.

I don't order anything vis pre-order, and only order stuff after they say it's they have it from the printer.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Kevin made it clear in the last Press Release that just because an item was mentioned before, but not this time, that does not mean it is off the schedule.

Robotech UEEF Marines is still on the schedule along with the New Generation book.

We are doing the best we can.

Regards,
Alex Marciniszyn
taalismn
Priest

AlexM wrote:Kevin made it clear in the last Press Release that just because an item was mentioned before, but not this time, that does not mean it is off the schedule.

Robotech UEEF Marines is still on the schedule along with the New Generation book.

We are doing the best we can.

Regards,
Alex Marciniszyn

Okay, okay....Just as Shemarrian Nation jumped up and surprised me, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that you're planning on surprising us. :-)

It's just that I have such fond memories of the first edition game when it seemed that PB was slamming out a book a month(however badly done in retrospect to accuracy).

Ah, those halycon days of childhood...

I'll stop kicking the seats now...

But if you want to throw us a teaser at least(puppy-dog eyes).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

The Marines book is not listed in today's Press Release again.
Oversight or dropped from the schedule? Only time will tell.
However, I'm guessing that since it was supposed to be released in June and it's not getting any publicity or push from Kevin...that it will NOT be released next month and probably not this summer.

MikeM
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

If I was in Kevin's spot personally, I'd be careful with a licensed property like Robotech.

Properties like that, with an anime series and movie, tend to have nice, crazed, rabid fans.

If I scheduled a book to come out in fall 2009, and had to take it off the schedule after listing it as Summer 2010? I'd for SURE not do an open house. I'd hide in the most bulletproof bunker I could, to keep myself away from any crazed fan with a vehicle, who could potentially make it ot the open house.

But that's me.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:The Marines book is not listed in today's Press Release again.
Oversight or dropped from the schedule? Only time will tell.
However, I'm guessing that since it was supposed to be released in June and it's not getting any publicity or push from Kevin...that it will NOT be released next month and probably not this summer.

MikeM

No kidding....and if the last Press release it was an oversight or it was merely "forgotten" and is still scheduled or on the schedule why wasn't it RE-listed to let us know it is?

\m/
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

AuroraKet wrote:If I was in Kevin's spot personally, I'd be careful with a licensed property like Robotech.

Properties like that, with an anime series and movie, tend to have nice, crazed, rabid fans.

If I scheduled a book to come out in fall 2009, and had to take it off the schedule after listing it as Summer 2010? I'd for SURE not do an open house. I'd hide in the most bulletproof bunker I could, to keep myself away from any crazed fan with a vehicle, who could potentially make it ot the open house.

But that's me.

I agree with you. If I were Kevin and I had a licensed property I'd punch out books like crazy. Since Rifts and all the other Palladium RPG line are Palladiums own intellectual property they will be ok if books from those RPG lines are put on the back burner.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

firefly01 wrote:WOW I guess Alex Marciniszyn was just blowing smoke up everyones 4th point of contact. Not mentioning the book one time I bought, everyone makes mistakes, but 2 in a row is is a clear omission. I think they are about to loose the line and their not going to admit it to the fans. Palladium never should have got the line in the first place.

Har har, your sarcasm abounds :P

It isn't JUST about this particular book. Fact is though knowing full well people were not happy about it being omitted and Alex actually going out of the way to tell us what he did, you;d THINK they'd put it back on in order to at least show they intend to do it.

BUT as I said previously it wasn;t an accident. Go and look at the press releases. they are not all done new everytime. Its all copy paste barring a few thigns at the beginning of each. NOt only that ther removed MArines (already going on a year late) but added Megaverse in Flames. A book that wasn;t really hinted at being done anytime soon let alone by july.

\m/
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

still when the books hit the self i will buy in a heart beat
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

ZINO wrote:still when the books hit the self i will buy in a heart beat

:( IF the book hits the shelf...
They can't see me...Right!?
Chris0013
Hero

firefly01 wrote:I am having my doubts if it ever will and right now dont care, I'm done with Palladiums cr@p and am going back to Heavy Gear. At least they can put out their products on time. Even Dad is getting sick with Palladium and he has been a loyal fan for over 20 years

I am in the same boat....Palladium is really dropping the ball here...Like I posted before...the contract with HG should have stated a 2 to 4 week turn around for approvals and if not recieved then the book goes to print as is.

This is a great property but all we seem to get is delay after delay followed by excuses.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

If I remembered right from the open house, that question had been ask about the Marine book, and if I remember right, Kevin said that it looks like they would have to change serveral things in the Marine book because of HG, from what they had origially had in the final manuscripete. So the blame should go rightfully to HG for making Kevin change so much of it. Can someone get Kevin to conferm or denie this please?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Alpha 11 wrote:If I remembered right from the open house, that question had been ask about the Marine book, and if I remember right, Kevin said that it looks like they would have to change serveral things in the Marine book because of HG, from what they had origially had in the final manuscripete. So the blame should go rightfully to HG for making Kevin change so much of it. Can someone get Kevin to conferm or denie this please?

Yeah if that is the case then TELL us that. Don;t just tell us "just because it's not on the press release doesn't mean it isn't on the schedule". TELL us what is going on. If HG i sdelaying hten TELL us. Not really saying anything just pisses us off.

\m/
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Alpha 11 wrote:If I remembered right from the open house, that question had been ask about the Marine book, and if I remember right, Kevin said that it looks like they would have to change serveral things in the Marine book because of HG, from what they had origially had in the final manuscripete. So the blame should go rightfully to HG for making Kevin change so much of it. Can someone get Kevin to conferm or denie this please?

Dude you could have posted this bit of info ASAP....still it is good to know.

Now it would be nice for Kevin, Alex and the rest of Palladium to be so tight lipped about it. If the subject was mentioned/answered at the open house why wasn't this mentioned in a press release?
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

This should have been said IMMEDIATELY as soon as it happened. Seriously.

I thought they had that approved from HG already. Geez. Now suddenly they're back to making major overhauls of it? Gah.

Still, even if the blame IS with HG, it's Kevin's responsibility to keep the people who pre-ordered especially informed, through the press releases.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
ESalter
Adventurer

Unread post by ESalter »

I hope they don't have to change too much; I like Marker's Robotech work a lot.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Robot Urchin wrote:
ESalter wrote:

I hope they don't have to change too much; I like Marker's Robotech work a lot.

The Marines book is supposedly variants on New Generation mecha and unused New Generation mecha. Some of it may not fit with the 'canon' that HG is trying to hold.

Why is it always about blame? What is done is done. What matters now is finishing this book, or the new generation book and releasing it in a timely manner. Unfortunately without Marker, Robotech doesn't have a strong advocate willing to do the extra work and get the book out the door.

Oh there is plenty of blame to go around in regards t Robotech and not just about the RPG :D

I just do not likle being left in teh dark. If HG has essentially canned the book and it needs major rewriting to get it out, TELL US this. Don't pat our head and essentially say there there it'll be fine (ala "just because its not in the press release doesn;t mean it isn't on the schedule"). I wasn;t at the POH so there is noway for me or the vast majority of peeps to knwo this. TELL US. Also...why did it take close to a YEAR since the manuscript was completed to have this happen? Let me guess HG was too busy trying to determine what new toy to possibly release rather than an actual media product to promote thier IP.....

THIS is the kind of transparency I'd like to see in this company. I could care less about the inner workings of the business itself, but a book being put on indefinite hold because the IP owner wants major revisions done is something I DO want to know.

\m/
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

That's why I want it confired or denied about what I remembered. My memory can be spotty at times, I am sorry to say. :-(
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Alpha 11 wrote:That's why I want it confired or denied about what I remembered. My memory can be spotty at times, I am sorry to say. :-(

Let's hope it is confirmed or denied otherwise we are exactly where we are at now; Wondering why PB isn't publishing Robotech books when it should be.
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

LOL this reminds me of when Palladium had the license last time. Waiting and waiting for books to come out before they ended up giving up the license.

I know it sucks, I hate it too. But I am sure Kevin and crew are doing the very best they can. And seriously we need a New Generation book before a Marines book anyway. Sure you can use Shadow Chronicles for a New Gen. game, but you would still be missing most of the information you need. New Gen is required to finish off the original Robotech settings.

Plus the way I see it, is if Palladium did not pick up the Robotech RPG license, we may not have any Robotech RPG at all.

MikeM
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:LOL this reminds me of when Palladium had the license last time. Waiting and waiting for books to come out before they ended up giving up the license.

I know it sucks, I hate it too. But I am sure Kevin and crew are doing the very best they can. And seriously we need a New Generation book before a Marines book anyway. Sure you can use Shadow Chronicles for a New Gen. game, but you would still be missing most of the information you need. New Gen is required to finish off the original Robotech settings.

Plus the way I see it, is if Palladium did not pick up the Robotech RPG license, we may not have any Robotech RPG at all.

MikeM

Ther are some who would have preferred they didn't have it cuz they already went ahead and made thier own :)

\m/
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

jaymz wrote:Ther are some who would have preferred they didn't have it cuz they already went ahead and made thier own :)

I tend to use the stats in the books as a base and simply modify things such as damage, MDC levels. For example: mecha mounted weapons should do more damage the infantry weapons, and VT's should not have more MDC then a non transformable mecha. I also tweak the OCC's and MOS available to those OCC's. With all three of the books published books thus far I can use tweaked versions of the ASC MOS's in a TSC setting and vice versa.

My biggest beef with the new books are the lack of OCC's for the Macross Saga and Destriod specific MOS's. It doesn't matter tho, I made my own.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Robot Urchin wrote:
jaymz wrote:I just do not likle being left in teh dark. If HG has essentially canned the book and it needs major rewriting to get it out, TELL US this. Don't pat our head and essentially say there there it'll be fine (ala "just because its not in the press release doesn;t mean it isn't on the schedule"). I wasn;t at the POH so there is noway for me or the vast majority of peeps to knwo this. TELL US. Also...why did it take close to a YEAR since the manuscript was completed to have this happen? Let me guess HG was too busy trying to determine what new toy to possibly release rather than an actual media product to promote thier IP.....

THIS is the kind of transparency I'd like to see in this company. I could care less about the inner workings of the business itself, but a book being put on indefinite hold because the IP owner wants major revisions done is something I DO want to know.

Transparency vs privacy is a very tricky subject. These are small private companies, not government institutions or large companies that affect the entire nation with their business. I do tend to side with privacy in these cases. Besides, I think that palladium is a bit too transparent, given the details you can get just by reading the murmurs.

Even if we knew exactly why the Marines sourcebook was delayed, how would it help us? There's nothing we can do that will make the book come out faster. Well, there are unreasonable things people could do: work for Palladium for free, win the lottery an offer a monetary gift with the stipulation that the funds go to authors for new robotech RPG books, get elected to congress and add some 'pork' to a bill that diverts taxpayer funds to the robotech RPG, etc... :D

Specifics I do not want, but telling me that HG wants major rewrites is something that isn;t private (since they told someone atthe OH anyway thus no privacy). What those are may be privacy but just telling me they need rewrites is just good customer relations in letting us know why hte book is delayed.

\m/

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”