Volcanic ash cloud

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Volcanic ash cloud

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Pls can any mages out there cast dissipate gases as the Icelandic volcano has grounded all flights from the UK. :badbad:

Some left today so hopefully it will all be well. Oh no its just erupted again. :frust:

Im gonna need some magic..

First step is belief....... (C'mon!) :?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Volcanic ash cloud

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Sorry spent my spell that level on "Summon Ice Cream Truck." :clown:

Hope the air clears out so you can make it back and forth on time. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

I heard about this yesterday and got to wondering whether it would impact people like you and Hendrik next week... let's hope it has cut down on the puffing by then.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I had been worried about the same thing. I hope everyone coming from Europe can make it.
Last edited by Shawn Merrow on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I'll see what spells my wife knows.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I think we might need to hire an Earth Warlock to cap the volcano, at least until the Open house is over and everyone's safely home.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

the prognosis for today, as gleaned from the internet, was that the cloud is over central Europe, including Germany, and the UK. It was shown to go as far as Newfoundland, including Island of and mainland Newfoundland. It was also shown to be over the souther "tip" (roughly 200 miles of, if I read that map right) Greenland.

I am a bit worried if that will be bad for my trip to the OH, but that is still 7 days away so I hope all will be well. On the upside I did not have to go on a 2-day business trip to Spain.

The VAAC, Volcanic Ash Advisory, in London has a website with maps that are updated every couple of hours: http://metoffice.com/aviation/vaac/vaacuk_vag.html

The current update is better and shows no danger zone over Europe and the cloud's danger zone seems to shrink.

Well, here's hoping (I have waited to be able to attend the OH since 2007 so - pleeeeze - this must work)!

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

I just read Der Spiegel (http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/0,1518,690282,00.html), which is a well-known German news magazine. They inform that the lock on the German airspace has been lifted and that they have been informed to expect 3 days are needed for airspace traffic to revert to normal, i.e. until Saturday. International flights will be handled first, according to their information. THAT is good news, especially when considering that my flight is Wednesday next week...

BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/) reports along similar lines, informing that UK airports reopen (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8633892.stm).

Crossing fingers that all that comes true and that there are no new problems.

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Hendrik wrote:Hi there,

I just read Der Spiegel (http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/0,1518,690282,00.html), which is a well-known German news magazine. They inform that the lock on the German airspace has been lifted and that they have been informed to expect 3 days are needed for airspace traffic to revert to normal, i.e. until Saturday. International flights will be handled first, according to their information. THAT is good news, especially when considering that my flight is Wednesday next week...

BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/) reports along similar lines, informing that UK airports reopen (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8633892.stm).

Crossing fingers that all that comes true and that there are no new problems.

Cheers
Hendrik

Me too. I can't wait to hang out with all of the Palladium frineds from the other side of the pond.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

A friend of a friend in the met office reckons theres a vale of snow and rain about to hit Iceland which should stop any more clouds even it it should erupt!

Algor to the rescue!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Dark Elf wrote:A friend of a friend in the met office reckons theres a vale of snow and rain about to hit Iceland which should stop any more clouds even it it should erupt!

Algor to the rescue!

Looks like Zeus is on the case too:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1708
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me

Return to “Palladium Open House”