re: Book 13

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: re: Book 13

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

It is a 2nd edition book. Yin-Sloth Jungles was the last book made for 1st edition.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

arn't they suppost to be working on updating Yin-Sloth to second Ed here soon, or and I doing the wishful thinking again.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
DarkwingDuk
Wanderer

Unread post by DarkwingDuk »

They did some updating in one of the Rifters, but as for an actual stand alone book, nothing in the near future
“Illinois Nazis, I hate Illinois Nazis”
“Ummm boB isn’t that a Coalition squad?"
“Like I said, Illinois Nazi’s…….”
boB the Crazy
Shawn Merrow

Me and Robyn Stott did the update. It has been submited and waiting review.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

and what date was it submitted?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
donJulio
D-Bee

Unread post by donJulio »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Me and Robyn Stott did the update. It has been submited and waiting review.

This is low-hanging fruit and you would think they would jump on this. It wouldn't take too much time to do an update compared to writing completely new material.
Shawn Merrow

The Dark Elf wrote:and what date was it submitted?

Janurary 2007.

Explorer

Unread post by Avatara »

now thats depressing.
If Archie 3 were to read every palladium book every made would his head explode immediatly do to inconsitancies, or would it take him a couple of days to reason out there is no reason and thus kill himself? ~ Rolling Bear
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:and what date was it submitted?

Janurary 2007.

:lol: :(
Explorer

Unread post by Avatara »

Remember every one PF is KS's favorite setting. :p
If Archie 3 were to read every palladium book every made would his head explode immediatly do to inconsitancies, or would it take him a couple of days to reason out there is no reason and thus kill himself? ~ Rolling Bear
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

so there should be More books out for the setting... I know that Rifts is the big money maker but still, this setting Needs more world books.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Eryk Stormbright wrote:so there should be More books out for the setting... I know that Rifts is the big money maker but still, this setting Needs more world books.

AYE and AMEN to that!

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Avatara wrote:Remember every one PF is KS's favorite setting. :p

:lol:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Explorer

Unread post by Avatara »

Eryk Stormbright wrote:so there should be More books out for the setting... I know that Rifts is the big money maker but still, this setting Needs more world books.

As I've always said no one is buying Palladium Fantasy because the fan base already owns all the books. And the potential new blood never sees it because the stores that sell PF don't keep it in stock do to the fact that there is to little to sell.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

As I've always said no one is buying Palladium Fantasy because the fan base already owns all the books. And the potential new blood never sees it because the stores that sell PF don't keep it in stock do to the fact that there is to little to sell.

Dare I say it ... What about a re-released 2nd edition with the fantastic PFRPG Rifter Q&A, the universally useful Rifter articles, such as Channeling PPE, and Erratas etc, from this board. The articles could be designated as "optional" or "canon". The book could be called 2nd ed. revisited. It is done this way with scientific literature when enough new material is there to have to do something, as with PFRPG IMVHO, but not enough or no necessity for a new edition.

What could also be included as optional are the 1st edition HTH tables.

I am sure I would buy it (again - that would be my 3rd PFRPG copy, one 1st, two 2nd). The Q&As make the game so much more accessible, so I think that would be really good.

Alternatively or, better, in addition, what about a hardcover edition ... of that re-release. Could be named THE EMERALD EDITION and bound in dark green faux leather.

Eh?

Ah, here's hoping!

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Hendrik wrote:

Dare I say it ... What about a re-released 2nd edition with the fantastic PFRPG Rifter Q&A, the universally useful Rifter articles, such as Channeling PPE, and Erratas etc, from this board. The articles could be designated as "optional" or "canon". The book could be called 2nd ed. revisited. It is done this way with scientific literature when enough new material is there to have to do something, as with PFRPG IMVHO, but not enough or no necessity for a new edition.

What could also be included as optional are the 1st edition HTH tables.

I am sure I would buy it (again - that would be my 3rd PFRPG copy, one 1st, two 2nd). The Q&As make the game so much more accessible, so I think that would be really good.

Alternatively or, better, in addition, what about a hardcover edition ... of that re-release. Could be named THE EMERALD EDITION and bound in dark green faux leather.

Eh?

Ah, here's hoping!

Cheers
Hendrik

I'd buy it, even though that would be our 4th PFRPG main book, right now we have two 2ed mains along with a hard cover Crimson ed.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Eryk Stormbright wrote:I'd buy it, even though that would be our 4th PFRPG main book, right now we have two 2ed mains along with a hard cover Crimson ed.

So, that makes two of us already.

Ooh, you have a Crimson ed. Congratulations and my envy :)

Cheers
Hendrik

Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

It would be my 5th (if you count my daughter's two books). I'd buy emerald.
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Avatara wrote:Remember every one PF is KS's favorite setting. :p

With the financial woes of the company, it doesn't mean that Kevin can produce books that don't sell as well as others. Rifts pays the bills better then pretty much any other game setting, so unless it is a quick editing process to get it out the door he isn't doing it (except rarely).

Hence why Mysteries of Magic was the first PF book in the last few years and why we probably won't even see Yin Sloth 2nd edition any time soon, nor a 2nd mystries of magic (still hoping maybe this year), let alone any other PF books.
-Matt
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

destinyknight wrote: Eg. Monster Lists, OCC Lists, spell lists and Playable Race lists with references to sources. The initial compilation would be some work but after that would only take 1 hour/month to keep up to date and would be a great resource for players old and new.

I was thinking last night about that. I thought, "Hmm, maybe I could be nice and go through and lists all the OOCs and playable races from all the books for my players." Then I went and looked at my bookcase o' Palladium and thought, "dude, my MA is in history and that sounds insance."

Let's not even mention RIFTS in this discussion. :D

But, yes, I think those type of lists on the website would be awesome.
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Project to make OCC lists (Pally Trailblazer)

Unread post by Hendrik »

Lord_Dalgard wrote:Chello!

destinyknight wrote: Eg. Monster Lists, OCC Lists, spell lists and Playable Race lists with references to sources. The initial compilation would be some work but after that would only take 1 hour/month to keep up to date and would be a great resource for players old and new.

I was thinking last night about that. I thought, "Hmm, maybe I could be nice and go through and lists all the OOCs and playable races from all the books for my players." Then I went and looked at my bookcase o' Palladium and thought, "dude, my MA is in history and that sounds insance."

Lists like that would be great, potentially invaluable! As I suggested for a PFRPG "hardcover" (could also be just a revised 2nd ed. softcover) any such TRAILBLAZER would be a huge help!

Why don't we just identify the lists necessary and make this a collaborative effort, eh?

We could post them as unofficial fan trailblazers and/or give them to Pally.

Ah, and yes ... :angel: ... *whispers* ... RIFTS ....

Cheers
Hendrik

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Project to make OCC lists (Pally Trailblazer)

Hendrik wrote:
Lord_Dalgard wrote:Chello!

Lists like that would be great, potentially invaluable! As I suggested for a PFRPG "hardcover" (could also be just a revised 2nd ed. softcover) any such TRAILBLAZER would be a huge help!

Why don't we just identify the lists necessary and make this a collaborative effort, eh?

We could post them as unofficial fan trailblazers and/or give them to Pally.

Ah, and yes ... :angel: ... *whispers* ... RIFTS ....

Cheers
Hendrik

I'd be game :)
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

I have opened a new thread regarding what I should like to tentatively call the trailblazer project. The thread is called the same.

Eryk Strombright said he would be on board.

Lord_Dalgard has pondered this already, some, but felt overwhelmed by the task IF he would have to go it alone. Maybe you are interested now, Anthony. Splitting a task in chunks makes the thing more palatable, eh?

destinyknight has been the one to suggest making such lists as would be the subject of the project in the first place in this thread. Maybe you would like to join, Sir knight?

It would be great if more people than Eryk and myself would carry this.

As the saying goes, actions speak louder than words. I have often lamented that PFRPG is - while a perfect game IMVHO - so unsorted that it in the very least leaves the novice totally flabberghasted and the pro all too often confounded. This can change with a proper index for the important stuff. But not an index for one of the books but for all and sundry PFRPG books, so that when you search for an OCC you will find it. At the same time you would have a niffty list for all OCC/RCCs. In the same vein that could be done for skills etc.

We would have to agree to
    (i) which lists to make, i.e. what to index - I SUGGEST (after destinyknights suggestions) "OCC/RCCs", "SKILLS", "SPELLS",
    (ii) which format the lists should have (not layout that would be a second step), i.e. which information should be included - by needs of IPs that would have to be short - I SUGGEST "NAME", "VERY BRIEF DESCRIPTION (3-7 words)", "PREREQUISITES / RESTRICTIONS" (such as for certain OCC "only in country X", "only for Wolven", etc. pp.), "SOURCE (i.e. which Pally book)", "PAGE REFERENCE", "CANON / UNOFFICAL" (would allow the entry of Rifter stuff)
    (iii) for practical purposes, i.e. interchange of data, it would be necessary to agree to a file format - I SUGGEST EXCEL
    (iv) who will be EDITOR, i.e. to whom to send all the work and who has the unhappy task to do an initial layout and stuff.

I invite y'all to comment and/or join this project.

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS IN THE TRAILBLAZER TREAD.

Cheers
Hendrik

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I already posted the work I did (years ago) on the other thread. Anyone interested can head over there and see what's already done, then decide how much can be added to it. For note, I'm not possessive of that list. It's all Palladium work after all, I just put some of it together so I have no claim to it. Feel free to copy and paste it elsewhere for your uses. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

I think it's a great idea, I say we all get together at the OH and talk about it more and pitch it to Kev and see how he feels about it, because if it's going to be on the Web we might have to get his ok first, but i'd like his imput anyway :)
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

well that sucks, we'll miss yeah DK. and i'm sure someone will post what Kev says to the idea here for you and anyone else who can't go to the OH.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Eryk Stormbright wrote:well that sucks, we'll miss yeah DK. and i'm sure someone will post what Kev says to the idea here for you and anyone else who can't go to the OH.

That is a true pitty that you cannot be there, would have been great to meet you, destinyknight.

But, we will certainly keep you and anyone interested updated and involved.

By the by, I just noticed - shame on me - that I had not yet reacted to your website idea and offer. Great idea, DK! Thanks. Let's explore this further after we are more sure on the "what lists".

And, DK, it does not matter if you do not have all the books - proofreading, concept, structure, which lists choices, a website, format, etc are all very necessary tasks that you can (in part or sundry) take unto yourself or share in. So, welcome to the project!

Best,
Hendrik

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”