V.I.P. Gaming Session - Which Game should I run?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which Game Should I Run?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:54 pm

Rifts Megaverse in Flames
63%
Mechanoids Space
31%
Phase World - Dimensional Outbreak
6%

Total votes: 16

Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

V.I.P. Gaming Session - Which Game should I run?

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

So, for those interested in playing in my VIP game. What will it be?

Here are the Game Descriptions.

Game Title: Megaverse in Flames Preview
Game Description: You have been sent on a mission of the utmost of importance. The demon population in Hell’s Pit, the heart of the Calgary Kingdom of Monsters, has exploded in the last few months. Rumors coming out of this region suggest that a major demon army is about to emerge from the Calgary Rift. This is your mission. Stop the demon army from coming through at any cost. Yes, this is possibly a suicide mission but no one else has yet to make it as far into the kingdom as your team. Now here is the clincher. You have encountered another group who may just be able to help, except that they are not exactly allies. Together you might just be able to pull this off, if you can each put aside your differences for now! Player will be divided up into two groups so decide now if your with the Coalition or Lazlo?

Game Title: Mechanoids Space
Game Description: A science team was investigating a spacecraft thought to be from a race known as the Golden Ones. The ship is located in a nearby asteroid belt and is only a few hours away.They are 32 hours overdue. Find the team and bring back the team.

Game Title: Phase World; Spaceport of Hell
Game Description: Your ship and crew was tasked with transporting two dozen war orphans to a colony in the Corkscrew Galaxy. As your ship was waiting to leave all hell let loose in Center’s Spaceport. Now with your ship damaged and needing some vital components you and your crew mates must find the parts necessary to make repairs and get out of the Spaceport before it is overrun by demons and devil troops.
ImageImage
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: V.I.P. Gaming Session - Which Game should I run?

Unread post by Jorel »

I'd be happy with any of the above.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Hmm... Could barely make up my mind between the second and third options. Finally went with Mechaniods, only because I've never had a chance to run in one of those games. Very excited to play, no matter which adventure it is!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Tough choices!

I love Mechanoids, but your PW event sounds rocking.
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

I went with the original, Rift's I would like to reserve a spot on the mage's squad
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I voted for option 1 even though i will be too busy running my own VIP game to play...jerk.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Carl Gleba

The Galactus Kid wrote:I voted for option 1 even though i will be too busy running my own VIP game to play...jerk.

:lol: Oh I'm sure you'll have the biggest crowd next to Kevin with people wanting a preview of Triax 2 :P
But just in case you have an empty table there is always room at mine :clown:
ImageImage
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

ever tried having two GM's run one adventure - there was two groups in the Megaverse in Flames (which was my choice).

You could joint GM "NGR in flames!"
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Galactus Kid

Carl Gleba wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I voted for option 1 even though i will be too busy running my own VIP game to play...jerk.

:lol: Oh I'm sure you'll have the biggest crowd next to Kevin with people wanting a preview of Triax 2 :P
But just in case you have an empty table there is always room at mine :clown:

I'm hoping Triax 2 comes out before the open house so I have time to make any adjustments to my characters with ACTUAL printed material and not just the stuff that I have, just in case there are any changes.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Carl Gleba

The Dark Elf wrote:ever tried having two GM's run one adventure - there was two groups in the Megaverse in Flames (which was my choice).

You could joint GM "NGR in flames!"

In my games I run there are four GM's. Everyone in my current game is pretty experienced at running so they will often narate something or remind me of a rule or some other thing. It's all in good fun and they keep me on my toes. :D

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm hoping Triax 2 comes out before the open house so I have time to make any adjustments to my characters with ACTUAL printed material and not just the stuff that I have, just in case there are any changes.

Me too. That way I'll be able to pick up something I don't already have and pick up a few autographs on a new book. After all I'll need a coaster for my drinks :D

Nuthing but luv TGK :mrgreen:
ImageImage
The Galactus Kid

And at 8.5 x 11 its big enough for a Big Gulp.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Actually, a joint Rifts "NGR in Flames" at two tables / 2 GMs would be rocking...

Maybe the Calgary Rift has a door to Germany??? Both tables can deal with their own issues and then team up for the mega-climax! It would be tough to coordinate, but if you guys could pull it off, that would be amazing.
The Galactus Kid

Spinachcat wrote:Actually, a joint Rifts "NGR in Flames" at two tables / 2 GMs would be rocking...

Maybe the Calgary Rift has a door to Germany??? Both tables can deal with their own issues and then team up for the mega-climax! It would be tough to coordinate, but if you guys could pull it off, that would be amazing.

The main obstacle would be that Carl hates my face, and I think he smells funny.

Carl Gleba

Spinachcat wrote:Actually, a joint Rifts "NGR in Flames" at two tables / 2 GMs would be rocking...

Well not really, lets just say there are some control factors in place that is allowing the demons to direct where the Rifts goes and that is what the players need to stop.

As for a joint game, how do you run something with two GM's? I've played in GK Splicers game at the last POH and I think our styles are pretty much the same. Would one GM run the climax? Man that would be rough coordinating between the two groups.
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

The Galactus Kid wrote:The main obstacle would be that Carl hates my face, and I think he smells funny.

I thought we weren't going to tell this to everyone. :P Now people won't be able to look you in the eyes and they'll be plugging their noses near me. I swear if you smelt it you dealt it! :cry:
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Ninjapuppy wrote:Megaverse in Flames for sure. If, this is minion war stuff, then I'd be compelled to play in a game with, the man himself.

Also, you didn't mention about characters? Coalition, Vanguard, Federation of Magic.

Pre-gens will be available. I've already put my gaming group to work helping me make characters. For the most part I'm sticking with RUE O.C.C.'s as they are the most recogonized. Of couse I'm also drawing from CWC for the Coalition. Depending on time I'll make more characters.

Ninjapuppy wrote:Is the Mechanoid game based on the old RPG, or the new one? A sneak peak would be something. Having never played such a game, I would like to try!

A sneak peak at the new game. O.C.C.'s are current like RUE as are weapons and gear. Technically its version 1.0 for the O.C.C.'s. The next version of the Mechanoid O.C.C.'s are still being worked on and I'd be happy to go into those kinds of details at the Open House.

Carl
ImageImage
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Carl Gleba wrote:As for a joint game, how do you run something with two GM's? I've played in GK Splicers game at the last POH and I think our styles are pretty much the same. Would one GM run the climax? Man that would be rough coordinating between the two groups.

The key is prior discussion and planning. I have done it several times and at the climax, all the players are together in the same room and dealing with the major issues. At this point, one GM takes over as Lead GM and the other does NPC interaction and they team up for mechanics of combat.

I have had best results when the game is either about Team A vs. Team B in the climax or when Team A and B have high-tech communication and transport so they can mix/match their teams and focus on the climax objectives. It can get very exciting because the RP changes from PC to NPC to PC to PC as the players in character communicate with each other.

I personally prefer the Team A vs. Team B situation. I once ran a dungeoncrawl with 4 separate teams (and 4 GMs) and the teams bumped into each other a few times on their way to the climactic showdown. One team even got wiped out about midway.

I have no doubt that you guys could pull off something very cool as long as you get a bag for GK's head and then slather on some perfume! I hear patchouli is all the rage for GMs.
Carl Gleba

So its official Rifts Megaverse in Flames it is.

Do I have any confirmed or is everyone going to try and get in Kevin's game and Gleba as a second choice :D

It would be nice to have a rought head count. A large group would be good.
ImageImage
The Galactus Kid

I would totally join in, but I'm going to be running a game of my own...jerk. We totally need to have a freelancer weekend where we can all just run games for eachother and learn from everyones storytelling.

Carl Gleba

Now taking character requests? I have a bunch made up for each game, but if you want to try something new and exciting drop me a PM or post here. Power level is about mid level, not over the top as characters will be between levels 6 to 9. If I have time I'll whip up a character for you.

Players will be able to keep their charaters. Hopefully I'll have enough maps on hand for everyone to take and maybe something extra for the player who earns the most experience points.

Carl
ImageImage
The Galactus Kid

me=jealous.

Nightshade37
Explorer

Unread post by Nightshade37 »

I am totally in for Carl's game.

I'll PM you a character request.
Carl Gleba

The Galactus Kid wrote:me=jealous.

What character would youy like GK? I know... you want a

Spoiler:
Butter Troll?
ImageImage
The Galactus Kid

Carl Gleba wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:me=jealous.

What character would youy like GK? I know... you want a

Spoiler:
Butter Troll?

Oh snap.

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Carl Gleba wrote:Now taking character requests? I have a bunch made up for each game, but if you want to try something new and exciting drop me a PM or post here. Power level is about mid level, not over the top as characters will be between levels 6 to 9. If I have time I'll whip up a character for you.

Players will be able to keep their charaters. Hopefully I'll have enough maps on hand for everyone to take and maybe something extra for the player who earns the most experience points.

Carl

What are some examples of the classes that would be fighting from Lazlo?

"The Devil's among us!
Carl Gleba

To make it simple I used all core character classes from the Rifts Ultimate Edition. Most are humnas expect a few D-bee's pulled from D-Bees of North America.

For the CS group core book plus CWC.

Here is what is available so far. More Characters under construction.

CS Group

Combat Cyborg
Commando
Dog Boy
Juicer
Military Specialist
PSI stalker
Ranger
SAMAS Pilot
Special Forces

Lazlo Group

Atantean LLW
Blucie Elemental Fusionist
Human Crazy
Human Cyber Knight
Dwarf Techno Wizard
Elf Mind Melter
Glitter boy
Juicer
Merc Soldier - Medic
Psi Stalker Merc
Human Robot Pilot - PA Specialist
Human Shifter
Human LLW
ImageImage
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

Dude I would like the glitterboy if I get in, and my wife is looking at the shifter.
Nightshade37
Explorer

Unread post by Nightshade37 »

I'll give the Cyber-Knight a shot...haven't played one before.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Characters suggested. Fingers crossed. Now I'm waiting on the other games to appear so I can set my schedule.

"The Devil's among us!
Carl Gleba

While there are numerous O.C.C.'s and race combinations I think it is best to limit this to most of the Core O.C.C.'s. This will ensure the success of the mission. Jorel, I'm considering your requests. The first one works. The second I'll need to review.

Don't forget the CS group. They need some love too and if there are actually players in both parties this will make the game that much more interesting.

Carl
ImageImage

Return to “Palladium Open House”