Invisible and Stuck....

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Re: Invisible and Stuck....

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Leon Kennedy wrote:Ok, so during the Superhero tournament a few thoughts have come up based on things that could have happened. I love this whole tournament thing - it's forcing me to rethink how powers are used, and it's getting me familiar with stuff I haven't used before. But it's also bringing up stuff that I hadn't thought of before.

One of the combatants has APS Goo. Multiple combatants have Invisibility. We all know what Invisibility does. But one of the powers of APS Goo is that you can fire a sticky, glue-like substance at an opponent, with the intent to cause their legs and feet to be "glued" to the floor/street/wherever. Which has led me to the following potential situation.

Say someone gets glued to the street, either through APS Goo or everybody's favorite combat-ender CoA. The stuck person can still turn themselves invisible, because going invisible doesn't require moving. But is there any point in turning invisible if you're stuck there? Would the penalties to be attacked by someone who can't see you still apply?

I ask because under normal circumstances, someone wouldn't be able to see you at all, and you could be moving/weaving/walking/whatever, and the penalties make sense. But if you're stuck in one place, and you've got this sticky goo on your legs that pretty much acts as a target for your legs, would you still be as hard to hit? Would any portion of the penalties apply?

Of course you can turn invisible. As for penalties, I'd say they'd be negated. Maybe allow a small penalty for trying to hit the upper body (but no more than -2, and even that wouldn't fly if the attacker is swinging something like a bat or bo staff in an arc, also obviously this penalty would not apply to the legs, since you know where they are, they're sticking out of the foot or ankle-sized hole in the goo :p)

Sweep the leg, Johnny!
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I'd be worried about accidentally getting hit by vehicles if stuck and invisible. Glued to the road, they become roadkill.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

I think it would be case by case, since size would factor into it.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

if your char is invisible and does not do anything, then the others might forget about your char and all you have to do is wait for the goo duration to end and walk away.

Though for the duration you might want to duck down so you are not standing in the line of fire.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”