What is your own Twist to a power?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What is your own Twist to a power?

Unread post by gaby »

here is a Twist I add to Multiple lives,I character come back to life as a 13 year old.
He ages at a normal speed.

So What original twist do you add to a power?
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Re: What is your own Twist to a power?

Unread post by BillionSix »

I thought of using Disruptive Touch as a sort of add-on to APS: Plant, causing them to act like additional chemical secretions.
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

I love giving twists to powers.

I have a minor hero character that has invulnerability without the extra strength or sdc just the power with 48 S.D.C.

Sonic flight where the character can’t fly higher than 15ft +1ft per level in the air.

Combining E.E. Energy and Force so that they do more damage, have knock back, and those that are impervious to one will be damaged by the other.

combining disruptive touch or catastrophic system failure to intangibility to get some pretty devastating results.

With sonic speed the character gets all the bonuses because of being able to move super fast but cant actually run any faster

With shape change the character can use the power to create clothes too so they are basically naked all the time.

Everyone, including the character , think they are part of quintuplets but they actually have the multiple beings power at maximum level that was activated at birth. Another twist would be for each “sibling” to have a different minor power.

With weight control the character can only increase the weight but don’t have any movement penalties when they use it on themselves.

SN Strength gives the damage but not the actual lifting ability, that stays the same.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I've took the Create force objects and made the power to be able to create clothing for the user. Posted it in near the front of the new powers topic.
It has the limitation that they can't use the power while <unconcuse> and they have to 're-set' the power when changing to the 'armor' type clothing.

<knows this is spelled wrong but it's one of those words that seam to defy me spelling it correctly>
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I add SDC of APS powers to the character's existing amount rather than replacing the SDC to give varied amount rather than have them be identical for an APS type.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

The character "Marble" uses the stats from the power sliding, but he's really just curled up into a ball and rolling.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Had a NPC with APS: Fire and Create Force Field.
I had the Force Field impervious to fire/heat.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Had a NPC with APS: Fire and Create Force Field.
I had the Force Field impervious to fire/heat.

Makes sense.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

A character I created had an elemental earth theme. So in addition to the Control Elemental Force Earth and Matter Expulsion: Stone, I had modified Flying force Disc so that instead it was essentially a hugh chunk of rock that was created/ripped out of the ground that the character could fly around on.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Anthar wrote:.... I had modified Flying force Disc so that instead it was essentially a hugh chunk of rock that was created/ripped out of the ground that the character could fly around on.

:lol: :D :lol:
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

I made a couple power tweaks:
Invisibility makes you immune to laser weapons while it's on.
Also, Negate Super Powers makes no sense (unless you're talking about magic), so I whipped up the following options:

Negate Super Abilities (Bio-Manipulation Effect): This is the same effect as in the Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition book, with a clarification. Only applications of a power which require a concious decision to activate are affected, so energy expulsion would be negated, invulnerability would not. Some powers would be partially negated. For example, the minor power of healing factor would still function, but the instant regeneration could not be used since that requires a conscious decision. Also, abilities which are naturally possessed by the race of the victim are not affected.

Negate Super Abilities (Negate Super Energies): This ability negates the energy based powers only. However, it negates those abilities in any being (even aliens whose powers are natural to their race).
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Alter Limbs - fleshy mode, every weapon appear to be made of bone, tendons and flesh

Invulnerability - reduced sense of touch, like cyborgs, can't be conbined with heightened sense of touch-
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Gazirra
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
-Groucho Marx

Unread post by Gazirra »

I'm tossing around an idea for a APS: Thermite that'd combine APS: Fire, maybe some aspects of Lava and Metal or somethin.....

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”