Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Unread post by ZINO »

#

The Robotech® core sourcebook you’ve been waiting for . . . only it’s going to be more than you imagine.
# Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech. yes very nice
# Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha
yes very nice .
# Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations. LET SEE THIS ONE
# Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars.
yes very nice
# New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.yes very nice
# Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore.yes very nice
# Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.yes very nice
# 224+ pages – manga size – $16.95 retailyes very nice – Ships June ( IMPOSSIBLE TO MUCH LAG GOING ON) or July (MAYBE ...... I SAY JANUARY 2011 AT WORST )
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Re: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

冠双
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I as a completionist I want this book. As for it's usefulness.....not so much.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

I think the most we can get out of this will be setting info as well as the character bios...there are probably some random vehicles or weapons but most mecha has been covered (or will be covered in the Marines book)
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

gelgoog wrote:mange size sucks

No really, how do you feel about it? :P
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Well, we know he doesn't like the Mange. But I think he is really keen on Manga though!

I understand folks dislike of Manga. But I have to admit, I like it. I don't like BESM, and I didn't like it for the size and later didn't like it for the rules. But for Robotech it fits. It fits perfectly for my needs as a commuter. As a GM who is constantly pouring over the books to find some sort of insight.

I would still prefer to have a PDF version of the book over Standard Size. And a Standard Sized version PDF would even be better. I just think complaining about the format is not going to do anything, especially in this medium. Write a letter, not an e-mail. Give a Phone Call, or stop by and talk to them in person. That is how you are going to get any change done.

And just to add - I like the Manga for Robotech, because it makes the books feel hefty at a 200+ page count versus the pamphlets they would be at standard size. They also fit well in my Coat or Back Pocket.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I carry them in my workbag. I miss the old size, but I like the convenience of the smaller size....it's a matter of tradeoffs...as longa s I don't get to the point where I feel I'm being ripped off on content.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

i personally prefer the old size. I do not feel that they are ripping me off on the content as the books would be less pages. So i have to agree with taalismn on that one.

I will buy what ever size book it takes to have Robotech back. And to me that is all that matters.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Chris0013
Hero

The only real issue that I have with the smaller size is that you really don't get a decent shot of a mecha unless they give it a full page spread....and not all the mecha get that.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Chris0013 wrote:The only real issue that I have with the smaller size is that you really don't get a decent shot of a mecha unless they give it a full page spread....and not all the mecha get that.

Ok I will give on that one to.

FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

I think I speak for at least some of the people here When I say that I would Gladly Purchase a full sized version of the previous Manga sized books. I Miss the Full sized books and I want them back.

I would also much rather see the Nuw Generation Sourcebook than the UEEF Marines book. However the way things are going we need to be realistic. There is a chance that we might not be seeing any NEW Robotech Material at all from PB. Guess we will have to wait and see.
dante144
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Jesus saves, everyone else takes damage"

Unread post by dante144 »

Can't wait!

I wish it would come out sooner. Sounds like I would only need that one. I guess I will have to get the rest!

Excited about books. Many would consider that odd,
"Jesus saves, everyone else takes damage" Girls t-shirt at Megacon
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

FreelancerMar wrote:I think I speak for at least some of the people here When I say that I would Gladly Purchase a full sized version of the previous Manga sized books. I Miss the Full sized books and I want them back.

I would also much rather see the Nuw Generation Sourcebook than the UEEF Marines book. However the way things are going we need to be realistic. There is a chance that we might not be seeing any NEW Robotech Material at all from PB. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I would rebuy all the Manga sized book in full size as well. And i would rather generations first for a reason, I would like to have the 3 series collection just in case the lic. is ever dropped again.

FreelancerMar, why do you think we will not see anymore Robotech books coming?

FreelancerMar
Adventurer

I did not say will not, I said there is a "Chance". Big difference. That's just me being a pessimist and a cynic. dont mind me.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

FreelancerMar wrote:I did not say will not, I said there is a "Chance". Big difference. That's just me being a pessimist and a cynic. dont mind me.

I know you did not say will not. But i was just making sure you did not know something the rest of us missed.

taalismn
Priest

I'm intrigued by the idea of 'Frankenmecha'ng' alluded to in the New Generation book, but, given how UEEF Marines seems to have slipped again in due date, my pessimism is gaining the upper hand over my enthusiasm.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

taalismn wrote:I'm intrigued by the idea of 'Frankenmecha'ng' alluded to in the New Generation book, but, given how UEEF Marines seems to have slipped again in due date, my pessimism is gaining the upper hand over my enthusiasm.

Sadly so is mine.

Chris
Explorer

Unread post by Chris »

Dracurian wrote:Have the ideas for Invid R.C.C./O.C.C.s' been scrapped?
I have been hanging out for that bit!!!!
8-)

Not official, but, it's something.
taalismn
Priest

Thanks...my withdrawl pangs are dying down a bit.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

I can understand some due dates being missed, especially with a licensed property. I have to admit, the thought of not having a RT Book come out till the end of the year is quite bleak for me. Especially since I was hoping it would end up at the end of last year.

But this really shows you one thing though: Pre-Orders.

If you want a product, that means you got to step up to the plate and order the product via pre-orders. If your not willing to do that, Palladium does not know how many fans want the book. The lower the number, the less time and effort they are going to put into it - because they have other product to sell (and for bigger bucks!)

I have my gripes with the current incarnation of the game. Unlike some - I do like the Manga format (begrudgingly). I am still not sold on a 'Starship Book', unless they are quite detailed deckplans. What I liked most about Marker - he asked for help. He asked for folks to help with his research. I have heard nadda from the new guy writing. Different style, I understand, but it's what I liked about Marker.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Tiree wrote:I can understand some due dates being missed, especially with a licensed property. I have to admit, the thought of not having a RT Book come out till the end of the year is quite bleak for me. Especially since I was hoping it would end up at the end of last year.

If you want a product, that means you got to step up to the plate and order the product via pre-orders. If your not willing to do that, Palladium does not know how many fans want the book. The lower the number, the less time and effort they are going to put into it - because they have other product to sell (and for bigger bucks!)

I have my gripes with the current incarnation of the game. Unlike some - I do like the Manga format (begrudgingly). I am still not sold on a 'Starship Book', unless they are quite detailed deckplans. What I liked most about Marker - he asked for help. He asked for folks to help with his research. I have heard nadda from the new guy writing. Different style, I understand, but it's what I liked about Marker.

Only one problem Tiree, Kevin has stated time and time again they do NOT look at pre-orders as a basis to decide what projects they should go forward with next.

\m/
Chris0013
Hero

jaymz wrote:
Tiree wrote:I can understand some due dates being missed, especially with a licensed property. I have to admit, the thought of not having a RT Book come out till the end of the year is quite bleak for me. Especially since I was hoping it would end up at the end of last year.

Only one problem Tiree, Kevin has stated time and time again they do NOT look at pre-orders as a basis to decide what projects they should go forward with next.

Also look at demand of the previous books....see how well TSC sold and base printing of the additional books on that.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

firefly01 wrote:Peo -order has nothing to do with it. I WILL never pre-order ANYTHING from Palladium books. When they miss deadlines regularly and always feed you a line of BS like..... it's going to be great, you get a little sick and tired. I have been burned by Palladium and their pre-order crap one to many time, and my fighting with them and my bank to recover the money is almost like watching hand to hand combat.

You do know that a "Pre-Order" item is never charged till the book has shipped. Right?

edit: Or at least a couple of days before it's shipped, but the product is in PB's cold clammy hands.
taalismn
Priest

firefly01 wrote:Disreguard the last. Had a talk with my Dad and he told me it was a mistake. My bad, and hope there is no hard feelings. P.S. ....... Dad is ordering me to tell everyone sorry if I seem a little upset. (Sometimes it kind of sucks to be an Army brat .......)

That's "I'm sorry, SIR!!!" :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chris0013
Hero

firefly01 wrote:Disreguard the last. Had a talk with my Dad and he told me it was a mistake. My bad, and hope there is no hard feelings. P.S. ....... Dad is ordering me to tell everyone sorry if I seem a little upset. (Sometimes it kind of sucks to be an Army brat .......)

Never apologize...it is a sign of weakness.
taalismn
Priest

Chris0013 wrote:

Never apologize...it is a sign of weakness.

Unless, by apologizing, you are lulling your enemies into a false sense of moral superiority and complacency. Then, it's just mind-gorkery.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Understood - I thought I had pre-ordered my TSC copy (which I did), but I used a 'Gift Card'. Well because I pre-ordered with the 'Gift Card' and checked on it a month or so later, I had used the funds that weren't used for the book!

Long story short, I had to change cards and ended up with two books! One I picked up at the local store, the other online.
avollant
Wanderer
Comment: "Governments don't make mistakes; they encounter delays and setbacks!

Unread post by avollant »

Tiree wrote:Understood - I thought I had pre-ordered my TSC copy (which I did), but I used a 'Gift Card'. Well because I pre-ordered with the 'Gift Card' and checked on it a month or so later, I had used the funds that weren't used for the book!

Long story short, I had to change cards and ended up with two books! One I picked up at the local store, the other online.

So, Double the plaisure!!!! :D :D
Chris0013
Hero

Why would this be such a hard book to put together?? Pull the original, RotM and SOME elements from Lancer's Rockers (pretty much only the network of resistance bases) together and make updates to mecha, skills, etc....then have it proofread before sending to the printer.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Chris0013 wrote:Why would this be such a hard book to put together?? Pull the original, RotM and SOME elements from Lancer's Rockers (pretty much only the network of resistance bases) together and make updates to mecha, skills, etc....then have it proofread before sending to the printer.

it HG that why we must deal with them first wait about a three to five month to proofread then wait three to six to say we want this to palladium books
Chris0013
Hero

ZINO wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:Why would this be such a hard book to put together?? Pull the original, RotM and SOME elements from Lancer's Rockers (pretty much only the network of resistance bases) together and make updates to mecha, skills, etc....then have it proofread before sending to the printer.

it HG that why we must deal with them first wait about a three to five month to proofread then wait three to six to say we want this to palladium books

My point is that The New Gen book does not have to start from scratch....they have the main mecha already detailed, personal weapons and armor, as well as a lot of random encounter stuff that can be tweaked. Character profiles as well are there with some tweaking. The writers would just need to sit down with Tommy Yune and hash out how it is "supposed to be" now.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Chris013 does have a point here.

The Mecha Stats for both the Invid and the UEEF are already Finished. Ala the TSC mainbook which may be reprinted into the new book for convience. If one has access to the 1st gen rpg books( like I do) it does not take long to Imagine the setting. Of course having access to the Novelization and the Complete Video Collection - Via ADV's Protoculture Collection doesn't hurt things either.

It really would not take much to do a re-write of the first gen Invid Invasion sourcebook updateing the information where neccessary.

Truth be told I honestly do not expect this book to ever see the light of day nor do I expect PB to publish any future Robotech products. I would however like to be Plesantly surprised.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Chris wrote:
8-)

VERY NICE!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

@Chris

That Link you posted has some nice Info in it. I remember Allowing a stage 5 Invid pilot back in the day with the first gen PB Rpg. However I Found the Number of Skills in the NPC section a Bit Lacking. I used to give the Stage 5 Invid the Rough Equivelant of the REF Veritech Fighter Pilot OCC. Swaping out REF Mecha skills for Ibvid Equivelant's when and where possable. For the Modern Current Gen RT RPG books I would once again give the Rough Equivelant of the Veritech Fighter Pilot OCC. Also swaping out UEEF Mecha Skils for Invid Equivelant's When and where Possable. But that is just me.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

ZINO wrote:
Chris wrote:
8-)

VERY NICE!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Yes, great link!
taalismn
Priest

Annnddddd with the latest press release we again drop from the lineup without definite time...I'm beginning to feel like astronaut Frank Poole in 2001... dropping away into the endless night :-(
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

What else is new? :(
They can't see me...Right!?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

firefly01 wrote:Guys ..... give it up. Palladium Books is going to fall on its face with Robotech. No new products in how many months, no cover art for the books it said it was working on, only excuse after excuse after excuse if they even mention it at all. Face it guys and gals, Kevin Siembieda just dont give a sh!t about Robotech, the Robotech fans, or anything else but Rifts. HG made the biggest mistake in its history by giving the license back to this idiot and not giving it to a company that was more responcible to its product and fans. Way to go Siembieda, once again you promise big and fail miserable. I hope HG and all future companies that think of working with this company stop and smell the BS Palladium shovels.

Bitter much?

It took a while but at least Alex came out and admitted the Marine book was put on indefinite hold. Didn;t tell us why though we found out why from someone who was at teh OH but at least they came clean. Now.. the dealys with the New Gen book puzzle me to know end since muhc of it woudl just be reiteration and older versions of what was in TSC. Thing is Robotech is Niche as much as we like to think it isnt and Rifts makes money. What does rifts have? everything and then some. New nad revised Vampires will cash in recent popularity and make them more money than Rtech will. Just as Dead reign did when it cashed in on the popularity of Zombies. Zombies have waned thus support for Dr is waning. Its called make money thus make product that makes money, I get it as well as most, but we don;t have t like it or be happy about :)

\m/
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

There is also another thing that should be said. PB has Un-Restricted Creative Freedom when it comes to the Rifts RPG line as PB Created and Owns the IP rights to it. With the exception of the Robotech Property, PB is unrestricted with what goes into it's RPG products because it owns the IP rights to all of them.

When it comes to the Current Robotech License, PB's hands are tied behind its back. Espically with Tomy Yune and company, Micro-Managing each and every little thing that goes into each and every rpg book with Robotech in the title. The Previous License Seemd to allow PB Much more Creative Freedom with what went into it's published Robotech material. I do not believe the current holdup to be PB's fault as it cannot publish anything related to Robotech without HG's permission and/or Approval.

Much of the Material that was in the 1st gen Robotech rpg lineup would probably Never be allowed under the current License. Which is a shame because there really is some good creative, imagineative stuff in those old books.

So if one must assign blame, be sure that you are blameing the right folks for the current holdup because I seriously Doubt it is PB that is Holding things up. Espically not this damn long. Do not get me wrong. I am no stranger to PB's delays in releasing their books, but in most cases it was/is usually a 2-3 month delay. Both the Space Ship book and the New Gen/Mospeda book should have been out in 2009. I have no doubt that PB wanted to put them out too so that they can start bringing in the $$$$$ that the release of these books would have generated. The Current holdup is in all likelyhood HG&Company.

It also does not lok like we will see any Robotech Material from PB This year either.
Chris0013
Hero

FreelancerMar wrote:There is also another thing that should be said. PB has Un-Restricted Creative Freedom when it comes to the Rifts RPG line as PB Created and Owns the IP rights to it. With the exception of the Robotech Property, PB is unrestricted with what goes into it's RPG products because it owns the IP rights to all of them.

When it comes to the Current Robotech License, PB's hands are tied behind its back. Espically with Tomy Yune and company, Micro-Managing each and every little thing that goes into each and every rpg book with Robotech in the title. The Previous License Seemd to allow PB Much more Creative Freedom with what went into it's published Robotech material. I do not believe the current holdup to be PB's fault as it cannot publish anything related to Robotech without HG's permission and/or Approval.

Much of the Material that was in the 1st gen Robotech rpg lineup would probably Never be allowed under the current License. Which is a shame because there really is some good creative, imagineative stuff in those old books.

So if one must assign blame, be sure that you are blameing the right folks for the current holdup because I seriously Doubt it is PB that is Holding things up. Espically not this damn long. Do not get me wrong. I am no stranger to PB's delays in releasing their books, but in most cases it was/is usually a 2-3 month delay. Both the Space Ship book and the New Gen/Mospeda book should have been out in 2009. I have no doubt that PB wanted to put them out too so that they can start bringing in the $$$$$ that the release of these books would have generated. The Current holdup is in all likelyhood HG&Company.

It also does not lok like we will see any Robotech Material from PB This year either.

As to the part in bold...PB should have had it written into their contract that HG had a specified amount of time to reply after PB submitted the material to them. As well..the reply could not be "we don't like it" but would have to be detailed on what they wanted changed. If they did not recieve the reply or were not provided with detailed notes on what HG wanted then PB would be free to publish as is.

As well, the agreement should have called for TY and HG to provide the information they wanted presented in the books up front.....a complete timeline, what mecha and equipment, organizations (UEDF, UEEF, UEG, Anti-UN, etc...) and pretty much the overall direction for the product for PB to work in the framework of as well as where they would have creative license to develop things.
neuronphaser
Wanderer

Unread post by neuronphaser »

Chris0013 wrote:As to the part in bold...PB should have had it written into their contract that HG had a specified amount of time to reply after PB submitted the material to them. As well..the reply could not be "we don't like it" but would have to be detailed on what they wanted changed. If they did not recieve the reply or were not provided with detailed notes on what HG wanted then PB would be free to publish as is.

You're assuming PB had a leg to stand on during negotiations. PB hasn't been rolling in cash for a while now, what with all the issues they've faced (stolen money, bad economy, layoffs, etc.), and they aren't a top-tier RPG producer any more (they are still one of the bigger ones, but I can't imagine they are within the top 5 any more, by a long stretch).

To be able to negotiate that kind of flexibility is asking an awful lot. Moreover, it was PB that went to HG with the license renewal, if memory serves. So basically they came in and said "Can we get something from you?" to which HG could have said a million different things, and "Yes" didn't have to be one of them.

Chris0013 wrote:As well, the agreement should have called for TY and HG to provide the information they wanted presented in the books up front.....a complete timeline, what mecha and equipment, organizations (UEDF, UEEF, UEG, Anti-UN, etc...) and pretty much the overall direction for the product for PB to work in the framework of as well as where they would have creative license to develop things.

You're also assuming HG even HAS this information. Part of the issues with the retcons appears to be (if my reading between the lines is at all good) that huge portions of the timeline have been mucked with, at least in regards to the Sentinels. It also takes a lot of time to create an in-depth series bible for something, and often those things DON'T touch on the minutiae that an RPG would likely address. In other words, things that aren't important to the currently in-production (or soon-to-be-in-production) Robotech movies/anime/comics isn't a priority for HG to address. Yet, those very things might be the stuff that make RPGs work (blast radius of missiles, how exactly Protoculture works, the full capabilities of the Haydonites). So does HG put off their money-making stuff to work on this minutiae, or do they nitpick a little with Palladium when/if the issues come up (if they don't come up, that's wasted time for HG, which means wasted money).
--
neuronphaser
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

neuronphaser wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:As to the part in bold...PB should have had it written into their contract that HG had a specified amount of time to reply after PB submitted the material to them. As well..the reply could not be "we don't like it" but would have to be detailed on what they wanted changed. If they did not recieve the reply or were not provided with detailed notes on what HG wanted then PB would be free to publish as is.

You're assuming PB had a leg to stand on during negotiations. PB hasn't been rolling in cash for a while now, what with all the issues they've faced (stolen money, bad economy, layoffs, etc.), and they aren't a top-tier RPG producer any more (they are still one of the bigger ones, but I can't imagine they are within the top 5 any more, by a long stretch).

To be able to negotiate that kind of flexibility is asking an awful lot. Moreover, it was PB that went to HG with the license renewal, if memory serves. So basically they came in and said "Can we get something from you?" to which HG could have said a million different things, and "Yes" didn't have to be one of them.

Chris0013 wrote:As well, the agreement should have called for TY and HG to provide the information they wanted presented in the books up front.....a complete timeline, what mecha and equipment, organizations (UEDF, UEEF, UEG, Anti-UN, etc...) and pretty much the overall direction for the product for PB to work in the framework of as well as where they would have creative license to develop things.

You're also assuming HG even HAS this information. Part of the issues with the retcons appears to be (if my reading between the lines is at all good) that huge portions of the timeline have been mucked with, at least in regards to the Sentinels. It also takes a lot of time to create an in-depth series bible for something, and often those things DON'T touch on the minutiae that an RPG would likely address. In other words, things that aren't important to the currently in-production (or soon-to-be-in-production) Robotech movies/anime/comics isn't a priority for HG to address. Yet, those very things might be the stuff that make RPGs work (blast radius of missiles, how exactly Protoculture works, the full capabilities of the Haydonites). So does HG put off their money-making stuff to work on this minutiae, or do they nitpick a little with Palladium when/if the issues come up (if they don't come up, that's wasted time for HG, which means wasted money).

nN1 :D :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I had written a fairly nasty post about Palladium and their delays.

I didn't post it because that's not what I want to be about.

I want the New Gen book. I want the Marine's book. It frustrates me that Palladium delays these books repeatedly. They aren't the only gaming company to do so however. I think an explanation on the delays would go a long way to appease some of the anger felt by some people. My concern is that in the Murmurs and weekly updates, Kevin talks about writing, but never anything about Robotech. Does that mean nothing is being done at all with this property?

I wish Palladium all the best, but I am only purchasing their Robotech books from now on.

Thanks,

MikeM
neuronphaser
Wanderer

Unread post by neuronphaser »

MikeM wrote:I had written a fairly nasty post about Palladium and their delays.

I didn't post it because that's not what I want to be about.

I want the New Gen book. I want the Marine's book. It frustrates me that Palladium delays these books repeatedly. They aren't the only gaming company to do so however. I think an explanation on the delays would go a long way to appease some of the anger felt by some people. My concern is that in the Murmurs and weekly updates, Kevin talks about writing, but never anything about Robotech. Does that mean nothing is being done at all with this property?

I wish Palladium all the best, but I am only purchasing their Robotech books from now on.

Thanks,

MikeM

To be fair, I think that Kevin does give updates regularly. The issue is this: with Jason Marker laid off, there is no one but Kevin to write for Robotech. Because he's busy writing Rifts stuff, then the answer is "Yes: Robotech is not currently being worked on."

That could change the second he decides to write some Robotech stuff, but obviously that hasn't been the case recently.

It depends how you view things, but I consider Jason to have been the lead Robotech developer at Palladium. Maybe not in official title, but that's what he was doing: developing the new books (New Generation, Marines, etc.). With him gone, and without a person to replace him, all of this work is piled onto Kevin's already hectic Rifts schedule.

Plain and simple: Palladium doesn't have the man-power to carry the number of lines it deals with. They rarely ever had the man-power, but now it's getting worse.

Here's a thought: Dream Pod 9 did the Deck Plans books back for Macross II RPG. Why not do a similar setup where you hire someone else to do the development and writing for Robotech? Clearly, there's money in it, but Kevin doesn't have the time to devote when you consider how much more money he gets from Rifts.
--
neuronphaser
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

In the latest Press Release, Kevin talks about RT New Gen book. It's one of the books slated for the next 4 months. What that means we don't really know :P

Now I could have sworn there was going to be a Freelancer writing the book. If that is not the case, it could just be a re-hash of Invid Invasion, and I hope it is not. As I pointed out what I would like to see... I am not sure I will.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Tiree wrote:In the latest Press Release, Kevin talks about RT New Gen book. It's one of the books slated for the next 4 months. What that means we don't really know :P

Now I could have sworn there was going to be a Freelancer writing the book. If that is not the case, it could just be a re-hash of Invid Invasion, and I hope it is not. As I pointed out what I would like to see... I am not sure I will.

The last I heard it was Irvin Jackson (Nightbane® Survival Guide) writing it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Tiree wrote:In the latest Press Release, Kevin talks about RT New Gen book. It's one of the books slated for the next 4 months. What that means we don't really know :P

And looking at the Pre-Order, it's Kevin.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Tiree wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:

And looking at the Pre-Order, it's Kevin.

Most likely left off by mistake. At least at this point there has been no official announcement he has been removed from the project.

Irvin Jackson on New Generation Book info

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

License wise, HG might have said "Either do things our way or you will not get the license back" End of discussion!!! It is basically looking like this is the way it went.
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I would like to think Mr. Jackson is writing the book and the link Mr. Merrow provides definitely seems to show that is the case. We know from the weekly updates, Kevin is not writing the book.

Why pay for a license that you have no intent on releasing books for? That is just a horrible business decision. I would like to think Kevin is smarter than that.

Here is hoping see the book sometime in early 2011.

MikeM

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”