Question:

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Question:

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

I'm almost finished with my next submission. I'm in the fine tuning stage now. The article deals with the effect of drawn hyroglyphs.

My question is, while I will provide a few drawn examples of these hyroglyphs, should I include a whole bunch of them and their meanings for the article? Or should I let the GM come up with his/her own hyroglyphs?

While the drawings aren't pertinent to the article's function in a game, they can be used to add to the experience.

What would you do? Include symbols? Or let the GM design them as he/she sees fit?
Last edited by zor_prime1 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
kevarin
Adventurer

Re: Question:

Unread post by kevarin »

if these things work like spells you might give a few as examples
so someone might have an idea what they look like for designing there own
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Wayne can always cut it down if he thinks that the submission is too long. I would guess that it's better to include the extra examples. You might want to put the extra stuff in a separate file entitled, ExtraStuffForWayneIfYouHaveRoom.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Lord Z wrote:Wayne can always cut it down if he thinks that the submission is too long. I would guess that it's better to include the extra examples. You might want to put the extra stuff in a separate file entitled, ExtraStuffForWayneIfYouHaveRoom.

What he said.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

Good advice. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Never hold back. Go all out I say.

Carl
ImageImage
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Lord Z wrote:Wayne can always cut it down if he thinks that the submission is too long. I would guess that it's better to include the extra examples. You might want to put the extra stuff in a separate file entitled, ExtraStuffForWayneIfYouHaveRoom.

Why does your signature block say "Now taking orders for Boxed Nightmares 3?" Doesn't the 2nd one have to get published first?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

The Beast wrote:

Why does your signature block say "Now taking orders for Boxed Nightmares 3?" Doesn't the 2nd one have to get published first?

Greetings and Salutations. If I'm not mistaken (and I don't think I am) Lord Z submitted "Boxed Nightmares 2" for Rifter 0.1 (which is currently stunted). Boxed Nightmares 2 was a collection from various different contributers, headed and collected by Lord Z (if I'm not mistaken). Even if it is not published, the project (for him) is done. Instead of standing and waiting around for 2 to see progress, he's continued to advance (if I'm not mistaken). Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Erinoth
D-Bee

Unread post by Erinoth »

Prysus wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Greetings and Salutations. If I'm not mistaken (and I don't think I am) Lord Z submitted "Boxed Nightmares 2" for Rifter 0.1 (which is currently stunted). Boxed Nightmares 2 was a collection from various different contributers, headed and collected by Lord Z (if I'm not mistaken). Even if it is not published, the project (for him) is done. Instead of standing and waiting around for 2 to see progress, he's continued to advance (if I'm not mistaken). Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys.

WOW. You can't argue with that response.
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" - Dr. Seuss

The Online Game thread
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Im one of the contributors and I've looked over a rough draft and its looking good so far.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”