Kronos, God of Time

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Kronos, God of Time

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

This was requested in the Steampunk in the Palladium Fantsy setting thread. Let me know what you think.

The Lord of Time
The colossal realm of Kh'ron is perfection from a mechanical standpoint. It is as if every machine ever made were gathered and joined to make the world. Every surface serves a purpose, each part of the great machine of time. It is a realm of clockwork machine spheres serving as worlds in which all creatures are clockwork machines which seem to have been made by a madman.

Cult of Kronos
A god of eternal time, Kronos has nearly infinite patience and great wisdom. His worshippers construct great monoliths to show his presence and to measure the passage of time.
Major Deity: Kronos
Alignments: Any, but lean towards good
Organization: The cult is public and anyone can join. Priests of Kronos encourage the study of technology and machines, for it is only by their movement that Kronos is known.
Holy Places: The Great Clock monolithic stone circle.
Holy Symbols: The symbols of Kronos include a circle, a clock face, a circular machine gear and a serpent biting its own tail.
Holy Book: The Tome of Time reads more like an instruction manual than a religious text, and seems more intended for the building of machines and clocks than for inspiration. No matter, for it is the machines as proof of the god which inspire.
Followers: Mostly machinesmiths, builders and scholars.

Kronos
In the beginning, there was only Kronos. It was he who set the stars in motion and governs the tides and the movement of the sun. For time beyond reckoning, he has been witness to thousands of atrocities, and the rise and fall of untold civilizations. His power governs time, a force beyond our understanding. So vast is time that Kronos had to break it into cycles and units of measure.
Alignment: Principled
Size: 24 feet tall
Description: Kronos appears at once both old and young, having a strong physique but with gray hair and beard and wrinkles around his eyes.
Attributes: I.Q. 32, M.E. 37, M.A. 29, P.S. 37, P.P. 32, P.E. 30, P.B. 20, Spd 22 (15 mph)
Natural A.R.: 11, or 17 in armor (S.D.C. 7,000)
Hit Points: 15,700
S.D.C.: 16,200
P.P.E.: 2,800
Horror/Awe Factor: 16
Experience Levels: 25th level wizard, 25th level Temporal Wizard, 21st level Paradox Shaman
Natural Abilities: Astral travel, nightvision (as if in full daylight, two miles), see the invisible, turn invisible, immune to heat, fire and cold (no damage), bio-regeneration (2d4X10 S.D.C./Hit Points per minute), knows all languages, teleport 98%, dimensional teleport 97%, sense location of ley lines 95%, sense/recognize enchantment/magic 85%, metamorphosis: animal (spends time as a large serpent), metamorphosis: humanoid and metamorphosis: supernatural.
Deific Powers: Kronos has the full range of powers over his followers,and can perform all prototypical deific powers at regular cost.
Unmake Event: A form of destructive temporal energy, this erases time and undoes events to prevent them from happening. This unmakes one hour. Cost to Kronos: 150 P.P.E., plus token body investment.
Stop Time: Kronos can completely stop time for his ME number in minutes. Cost to Kronos: 500 P.P.E., plus token body investment.
Priest/Healing Powers: Exorcism 80%, remove curse 84%, resurrection 80%, turn dead 90%
Magic Powers: Knows Wizard spells, including all Spells of Legend (including dozens not known to the Palladium world), all Paradox spells and Temporal Magic
Psionic Powers: 310 I.S.P. Master psionic, though limited to all healing psionics, mind block, see aura, sense magic, teleport object,object read, sense time, sense dimensional anomaly, total recall and telemechanics
Skills of Note: Basic and Advance Math, Astronomy, Astrophysics and all mechanical skills at 98%; all other science skills at 92%
Favorite Weapons: None; prefers magic
Armor: Watchtower Banded Armor: Appears as a mass of metal bands,clocks, gears and sundials. A.R. 17, S.D.C. 7,000. Impervious to fire, cold and energy attacks. Regenerates 2d6X10 S.D.C. every melee round.
Alliances and Allies: Kronos prefers to rely solely on himself and only makes alliances as the need arises.
Enemies: Deevils and Demon Lords
Vulnerabilities: Physically none, but he does tend to be too forgiving.
Technology: Kronos is favorably disposed towards technology, especially regarding clockwork mechanisms and equipment.
Minions: Kronos has vast minions of machine elementals known as Timekeepers which monitor and regulate temporal laws.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
GMDijarian
Explorer

Re: Kronos, God of Time

Unread post by GMDijarian »

I like it, seems really cool!!

Would mostly Dwarves end up being his followers? And his holy place, the great clock monolith. Where do you think that would be?

Just a few questions...

Would you mind if i used him in my campaign?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

GMDijarian wrote:I like it, seems really cool!!

Would mostly Dwarves end up being his followers? And his holy place, the great clock monolith. Where do you think that would be?

Just a few questions...

Would you mind if i used him in my campaign?

I still have to work a lot of that out yet. I did post him so people could play him, so use him as you like. There may be others I will do to fill out a pantheon for him if people are interested in me following up with it.

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:its nice,but could you stat out the minions

I had already planned to do that. It took like three days to write this, though, so I wanted to post it before doing more on him. Glad you like it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:Cool, can't wait.

Minions of Kronos: Timekeepers
Legend suggests that the Timekeepers are mechanical beings created by Kronos to keep watch over time. They are, in fact, elementals native to his home realm of Kh'ron, mechanical elementals appearing as clockwork humanoid machines. They patrol the universe looking for temporal tampering, hunting down those who alter time.
Alignment: Generally considered to be Scrupulous
Attributes of Note: I.Q. 1d4+3, P.S.4d6+40, P.P. 1d6+20, Spd 6d6+60
Size: Typically 40 feet tall
Weight: Around 4 tons
Natural A.R.: 16
Hit Points: 6d6X100
S.D.C: 2d4X1000
P.P.E.: 4d6X100
Horror Factor: 16
Natural Abilities: Impervious to poison. chemicals, drugs, disease, heat, cold; does not breathe air but does consume it, so has half H.P. and P.P.E. in a vacuum; nightvision 600 feet; magically understands all languages; land navigation 70%, bio-regeneration of 1d6X10 S.D.C./H.P. every minute.
Sense Temporal Anomaly: 70% at a range of two miles from the source of the anomaly
Dimensional Teleport: 38%
Vulnerabilities: As per general info for all elementals, plus water (inflicts one point of rust damage per minute from rain and double damage from water attacks). As machines, they are vulnerable to physical strikes and explosions.
Bonuses: +6 to initiative, +4 to strike and parry, +2 dodge, +2 roll with impact, +7 save vs.magic, +4 to save vs. psionics, impervious to mind control and possession, immune against Horror Factor.
Attacks: Six physical strikes or three with magic spells
Damage: Varies with Supernatural P.S. of the individual
Magic: Time Slip, Constrain Being, Dispel Magic Barriers, Immobilize, Locate, Negate Magic, Oracle and Spoil. Spell strength is at 16 (opponents need to roll 16 or higher to save).
Psionics: None
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

I really like it.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

You did an awesome job, Stone Gargoyle. I look forward to seeing the rest of the pantheon.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

MrMom wrote:I really like it.

Good, considering you were the one who made me decide to write it. :)
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

What is Kronos relationship with other powers?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Thanks. I knew what I wanted them to look like and had a bit of trouble at first figuring out what type of beings they were, but I think they turned out well.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

MrMom wrote:What is Kronos relationship with other powers?

Kronos actually views some of the other gods as a threat to his perfect machine-like order. He is more concerned with keeping time running than the war between Light and Dark. He favors the order of the Light but refuses to take sides. Since he keeps much to himself and forms no alliances, the other gods leave him alone for the most part. He views Deevils and Demons as a threat to that order.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Nice work. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
GMDijarian
Explorer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Kronos actually views some of the other gods as a threat to his perfect machine-like order. He is more concerned with keeping time running than the war between Light and Dark. He favors the order of the Light but refuses to take sides. Since he keeps much to himself and forms no alliances, the other gods leave him alone for the most part. He views Deevils and Demons as a threat to that order.

What do you think he would think about TARTARUS?

A character in my campaign...

You can refer to the thread "a new campaign" for more info on TARTARUS and my campaign..

and i'd love it, if you'd comment on it..

thanks
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

GMDijarian wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

What do you think he would think about TARTARUS?

A character in my campaign...

You can refer to the thread "a new campaign" for more info on TARTARUS and my campaign..

and i'd love it, if you'd comment on it..

thanks

This has been responded to in your thread.

Basically, Kronos would oppose the return of the old ones and, in spite of being conflicted about it, send his minions to seek out the people trying to assemble the pieces of Tartarus and try to stop them.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The style of this is modeled after Stonehenge.

Holy Places: Kronos' Great Clock Monolithic Stone Circle
The Great Clock is a circle of monolithic standing stones assembled on an area near the coastline on the southwest side of Ophid's Grasslands. Many of the smaller stones and a few of the larger ones have been removed, looted by orcs and other creatures. It is thought to date back to the Age of Light, and many suspect it was built by dwarves living in the area at that time. No one knows why it was actually built, but over time it has been associated with Kronos due to its ability to accurately measure the seasons (midsummer, midwinter and eclipses of the sun) and hours by use of the shadows made by the structure, and suspected to once have been a temple. Some legends have it being built by Kronos himself after the Age of Chaos.
The outer circle consisted of fifty-six sarsen stones, some weighing thirty tons. Inside this was a circle of sixty blue stones which are believed to have originated in the Land of the Damned. Inside this was a horseshoe of stones, divided into pairs with lintils joining them at the top, with four station stones standing at the corners of the center square, a stone slab serving as a floor of it, with a large block of stone sitting in the very center of the square which is refered to as the Throne of Kronos. Surrounding the outer ring of stones is a ditch about five feet deep, with a path leading to the coastline, suggesting the stones were moved by water before being assembled here.
It is the largest of the stone circles in Palladium, but there are known to be at least 300 smaller circles in various regions of Palladium.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Kronos's Priests of the Temporal Imperative
The priests of the Cult of Kronos have several special prayers, miracles and priestly spells which allow them to aid those afflicted with Temporal Madness and other problems resulting from temporal tampering, as well as detect and prevent tampering with time.
Clock Keepers: One of the duties of a Priest of Kronos is to build and maintain clocks, so they will typically learn mechanical skills as part of their training.
Prayers Exclusive to Priests of Kronos
1. Prayer of Temporal Peace. Performed on the face of a clock, the clock will prevent the use of temporal magic and powers within two miles of the clock, lasting 1d4 days. Sucess Ratio: 12% at level one, +6% per additional level of experience.
2. Prayer of Distortion Detection. This allows a priest of Kronos to detect any tampering with temporal energies within five miles of his location,and if so, what direction and distance the dirstortion is away from him. Success Ratio: 10% at level one, plus 4% per additional level of experience.
Miracles Exclusive to Priests of Kronos
1. Miracle of Curing Temporal Madness. Works on those who have suffered from temporal displacement to ease their mental confusion. If successful, the subject will forget they experienced the temporal alteration and have no memory of it. Success Ratio: 10% at level one, plus 4% per additional level of experience. Duration: Instantaneous, but if caused to remember events that "never happened", the procedure must be done all over again. Cost: 80 P.P.E.
2. Miracle of Control Over Time. Allows the priest to distort time so as to increase productivity. Grants a doubling of the speed attribute and +4 to initiative, +1 P.P. and halves the time it takes to complete building projects. Duration: One hour per level of experience. Cost: 50 P.P.E.
3. Greater Miracle of Temporal Protection. As if the character were outside the timestream, temporal distortions will have no affect on him,and he will have no memory loss of a previous timeline. Cost: Conferred at the pleasure of Kronos, who will also decide the duration of the protection.
Spells Exclusive to Priests of Kronos
Summon Timekeeper
Range: 50 miles
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: 150
Brings any Timekeeper within 50 miles to the priest. Any who respond will arrive within one hour. Only Timekeepers not actively hunting a temporal threat are compelled to come, with those already engaged in other business choosing to come as they please. Note that there is no control associated with calling a Timekeeper, it merely calls the Timekeepers so the priest can report suspected temporal tampering.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Religious Intolerance
The priests of Kronos have had problems estabilishing clock tower Cathedrals to Kronos due to religious persecution in areas where other religions are promoted by the governments in power. Many followers of Kronos will meet in secret locations and in small numbers so as not to attract attention. Many towns openly oppose clockwork technology and destroy structures built in the name of Kronos. A few cathedrals have started being built in Byzantium and the Isle of Lemaria as well as an influx of temples to Kronos within the Western Empire.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Cult of Kronos
Priests: The clerics of Kronos are all builders themselves and seek to spread the teachings of Kronos and to build clocktowers wherever they can. Some specialize in healing those afflicted by awareness of temporal disturbances. All are sworn to secrecy about the changeable nature of time and are sworn to aid Kronos wherever possible.
Places of Worship: Followers of Kronos meet in secret groups at private homes, and are also encouraged to worship outdoors in nature. They do have some official meeting places as allowed in verious kingdoms.
Clock Tower Cathedrals: The Tome of Time gives explicit instruction on how to construct time measuring devices which are part of the worship of Kronos.
Temples of Kronos: Places of worship without clock towers have been established to allow for worship of Kronos without breaking laws regarding the construction of clocks.
Rites and Ceremonies: While priests of Kronos perform marriages, baptize babies, and do funerals, one of their main functions is teaching people how to tell time on a clock face or by tha placement of the sun in the sky, and leading people in celebrating different holidays used to mark the passage of time throughout the year.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

This is extreamly interesting and would make a good rifter article when you put it all together. It stimulates the imagination and that is always a good thing. Over all I give it two thumbs up. :-D :-D
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

Stoney my boy-o, you have out done yourself. this is some great stuff. thanks for the pm to nudge me to take a look. excellent! i may have to use this in my Time Mog game. long story lol
love making my own gods.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

wolfsgrin wrote:Stoney my boy-o, you have out done yourself. this is some great stuff. thanks for the pm to nudge me to take a look. excellent! i may have to use this in my Time Mog game. long story lol
love making my own gods.

Thanks! I had this idea on the back burner for a while and just got pushed finally to do it when talking about clockpunk type campaigns.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Nice, I like what you did with the priests. It makes a lot of sense they would be serving in those functions.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I have an idea for another member of the pantheon, but it will take a bit to put together. More coming soon!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Update: I finished my writeup of The Great Cackler and should get him posted this evening.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The Great Cackler
Many varied legends and myths surround the Great Cackler. In oldest times, it is said, the Great Cackler was created by the machine intelligence of Kh'ron to be its envoy to the world of the gods. Whether this has any truth to it is unknown. Some speculate, rather, that Cackler was the brother of Ra who was reassembled in the realm of Kh'ron. Some of the most compelling stories credit Cackler with the creation of the universe
"...And then the elemental machines of Kh'ron were unleashed from the Cosmic Egg, put in place by the Cackler. These Placekeepers tore the previous worlds asunder and rebuilt them in a new order. But control was lost of these new creations, leading to an age of chaos..."

Alignment: Scrupulous
Size: 20 feet tall
Description: Cackler appears to be a living suit of armor with clockwork gears. His body is all black and his head/helm is the shape of a hawk's head.
Attributes: I.Q. 23, M.E. 26, M.A. 27, P.S. 36, P.P. 22, P.E. 29, P.B. 27, Spd 77 (53 mph) running or 220 (150 mph) flying
Natural A.R.: 19
Hit Points: 18,000
S.D.C.: 24,000
P.P.E.: 7,000
Experience Levels: 30th level Techno-Wizard, 24th level Warlock of air, earth, fire and water, and 18th level Mind Mage
Natural Abilities: Nightvision (same as in daylight; 2 miles), see the invisible, turn invisible at will (no time limit), knows all languages, immune to drugs, poison and disease, impervious to fire, heat cold, and pressure,can survive for an unlimited amount of time in a vacuum, metamorphosis (any shape, no time limit), teleport 96%, dimensional teleport 94%, and regenerates damaged parts at a rate of 1d4X100 points per minute.
Natural Weapons: Bite: 1d4X10, Claws: 2d4X10+P.S.bonus. Gauntlet feather-like darts/blades do 2d4X10 each,with five per arm, able to be shot at targets at a range of 60 feet.
Deific Powers: Has the full range of power over his followers,and can perform all prototypical deific powers at one half the cost in P.P.E., but has regular body investment costs, as well as the following special powers:
Resurrection: Deific: As per the prototypical deific power. Cost to Cackler: 10 P.P.E.
Transmutation: As per the prototypical deific power. Cost to Cackler: 15 P.P.E.
Magic Powers: All warlock spells of each of the four elements, and all of the 1st to 10th level Wizard spells. Note: Opponents must roll a 16 or better to save vs.Cackler's magic.
Psionic Powers: 1,500 I.S.P. 18th level Mind Mage (limited) with all physical and sensitive abilities, plus electrokinesis, pyrokinesis, psi-sword, psi-shield and mind block auto-defense.
Skills of Note: Basic and advanced math, astronomy, navigation, all mechanical skills and all wilderness skills at 98%.
Attacks Per Melee Round: Eight physical or psionic, or two by magic.
Special Bonuses (in addition to attribute bonuses): +4 initiative, +3 to strike, parry and dodge, +3 to pull punch, +3 on all saving throws, impervious to horror factor.
Favorite Weapons: Cackler seldom uses any weapons other than his fabulous rune blade.
Fabulous Feather Blade: A greatest rune weapon in the shape of a large dark feather-shaped sword, with the head of a raven on the sword butt. Always in telepathic communication with Cackler, it is a symbol of graceful power. Sentient, it has an I.Q.of 16 and Scrupulous alignment, so if any creatures of evil or anarchist alignment touch it, they will receive 1d6X10 damage.
It is indestructible and does 1d4X100 damage to mortals, 2d4X100 to supernatural creatures like vampires, ghouls, zombies and the animated dead, 4d4X100 to Deevils and Demon Lords, and 1d4X1000 to Alien Intelligences.
Blade Spell Magic: Can cast the following as often as six times each per 24 hour period. Call lightning (1d4X100 damage), teleport: superior, dispel magic barrier, and mystic portal. Its spell strength is considered equal to a 10th level sorcerer.
When struck to the ground, it generates an earthquake that shakes the ground, and inflicts 2d6X1000 damage to buildings, structures and vehicles within a 1000 foot/305 meter area (can be done twice a day).
Lastly, the Feather Blade can fly and attack on its own, having three attacks per melee round, moving at a speed of 88 (60 mph). When attacking independently away from Cackler, it is +3 to initiative, and to strike, parry and dodge.
Armor: Since Cackler basically IS armor, he does not wear any additional armor.
Alliances and Allies: Respected and feared by many, both good and evil, and he can usually persuade members of his pantheon to aid him (he gets along with the Pantheon of Ra also). There are actually few people Cackler considers friends, but Kronos is one of them.
Cackler has thousands of casual acquaintances, including all the gods, and he is a welcome visitor in just about every deific realm.
The Cackler has billions of worshippers, including the race known as the Hoppitti Bunny Men.
Enemies: He does not consider himself to have any enemies.
Vulnerabilities: Rune weapons do double damage.
Technology: Cackler readily promotes and makes use of technology,already having become an accomplished Techno-Wizard.
Minions: The Cackler's minions are the Ra'Ven, though he does enlist the aid of the Timekeepers. He will employ minions as needed and will generally work with any creature of magic and those of high intelligence. He is worshiped by the Hoppitti Bunny /Men, who will gladly do what he asks of them.
Ra'Ven: Known as the "Cackler's Companions", this race of bird-headed warriors is utterly dedicated to Cackler, and serve as his minions in any capacity.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Nice. :) I like the sword shape.
GMDijarian
Explorer

Truly awesome!

This is inspiring me and my campaign and its really going to be EPIC!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Thanks. I am still working on more of the pantheon, so stay tuned.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Kh'ron
There are many legends related to the colossal realm of Kh'ron. Some say that it is itself an Alien Intelligence and that the Placekeepers and Timekeepers are essence fragments of that intelligence. It is by no means true, but such legends persist regardless.
The landscape of Kh'ron is unique in that it is made up of clockwork machines. Machinery is indeed an essential element of the realm.

Placekeepers
Like the Timekeepers, the Placekeepers were machine elementals which appeared to be clockwork humanoids. It is unknown if any still exist. They are said to have been unleashed at the time the universe as it now exists was created, emerging from a cosmic egg placed into the center of the universe by Cackler. In any case, their sole purpose seems to have been to create the machinery of time and the universe. They were said to have been much larger than the Timekeepers, being between 80-100 feet tall and weighing upwards of ten tons.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

I like the idea of there being multiple contradictory legends. It sould make it that much harder to find reliable information, and myths are typically like that anyway.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Part of that came out of the fact that I was not sure of exactly what I was going to do with it and had three different backstory ideas for Cackler. I did not want to write up stats for Placekeepers, so that is why I decided that they are all presumed destroyed, lost or missing.
GMDijarian
Explorer

Mind if i share my ideas?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

GMDijarian wrote:Mind if i share my ideas?

If you feel they would augment or enhance the material here, go ahead. I would like to keep the discussion related to this pantheon and the legends surrounding it, though.
GMDijarian
Explorer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
GMDijarian wrote:Mind if i share my ideas?

If you feel they would augment or enhance the material here, go ahead. I would like to keep the discussion related to this pantheon and the legends surrounding it, though.

Awesome! Here goes.. I'll have something up concerning the Palladium world and the "new" religion tonight.
bigmac8583
Explorer

Unread post by bigmac8583 »

Very cool :-D
He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy, with great bolts of lightning he routed them.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

bigmac8583 wrote:Very cool :-D

Thanks.

Cackler has been edited to include a new group of minions, the Ra'Ven.

Ra'Ven (pronouced Rah-ven)
In the realm of Kh'ron there are roughly two million Ra'Ven warriors, awaiting the service of the Cackler and other gods in the pantheon of Kh'ron. They have bird-like heads resembling ravens, wings sprouting from the middle of their backs, and dark fur over most of their bodies.
Alignment: Any, but 50% are principled, 40% are scrupulous and only 10% are something other.
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6+3, M.E. 4d6, M.A. 4d6, P.S. 3d6, P.P.4d6, P.E.4d6, P.B. 4d6, Spd: 3d6 (X5 flying)
Size: 12 feet tall, wingspan 18 feet
Weight: 500 to 750 pounds
Natural A.R.: 10
Hit Points: 3d6X30, plus P.E. attribute number
S.D.C.: 3d6+10
Average P.P.E.: 1d6X1/0+40, and add six points per each additional level of experience
Horror Factor: 12
Natural Abilities: Fly; only take half damage from all forms of psionic attacks and are impervious to mind control; nightvision 200 feet, heal twice as fast as humans, and are resistant to disease; prowl 60% at night due to dark coloration.
O.C.C.s: Any, but many are Mind Mages.
Combat: As per hand to hand combat skill plus 2 attacks per melee, or an equal number of psionic attacks, or two by magic.
Bonuses (in addition to attribute bonuses): +3 to initiative, +1 pull punch, +2 on all saving throws, +2 vs. horror factor.
Magic: 40% are effectively mystics, except select only 4 spells at first level and 2 spells at second level and every level thereafter.
Psionics: All have empathic transmission (super), empathy, presence, see aura, bio-regeneration, mind block, and the special power of empathy with animals. Base I.S.P.: 1d6X10+30
Psionics Empathy with Animals (special):
Range: 10 feet per level of experience.
Duration: 10 minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 5 to empathicly influence animals.
The affinity with animals is automatic and costs no I.S.P. Ra'Ven have affinity with animals of all kinds. Domesticated animals will always take an immediate liking to a Ra'Ven character and will do their best to please him (+20% to work with any domesticated animal). Wild animals will react to the Ra'Ven as if he were a fellow woodland creature, allowing it to walk among them without fear. This allows Ra'Ven to operate in the wilderness without causing animals to react to his presence; birds do not fly away, animals do not run, and therefore, do not indicate the character's approach. Even watchdogs will not bark at the presence of a Ra'Ven. Ra'Ven not only have an empathy with animals but also have a limited control over them. They can psionically touch a specific animal and evoke fear or submissiveness. Fear will repel an animal, causing it to run in the opposite direction (not attack). Submission causes the animal to regard the Ra'Ven as its superior. The submissive animal will not attack for any reason, allow the character to touch it or sit next to it, and will follow his lead, i.e. run with him, attack who he attacks, and similar.
Note: The special rapport that the Ra'Ven share with animals gives them a greater respect and appreciation of them. Thus, a Ra'Ven will never hurt or kill an animal unnecessarily. He will hunt only for food and treat animals with gentleness and consideration.
R.C.C.Skills: The typical Ra'Ven warrior/servant and many Ra'Ven Psi-Mystics have the following skills instead of a specific O.C.C. Only 30% select a specific O.C.C. (any).
Basic Math (+20%), Advanced Math (+10%), reads and speaks Dragonese (+20%), speak Gobblely (+20%), hand to hand: expert, track (+10%), intelligence (+20%), wilderness survival (+10%), plus two additional physical skills, select three ancient W.P.s, select two technical or mechanical skills. Five secondary skills plus one additional Palladium World language.
Average Life Span: 250 years.
Habitat: Prefer urban environments, or forests and wilderness, but can live anywhere. Except for the occasional emissary from the gods, there are no Ra'Ven known to be living on the Palladium World, but they inhabit other realms in the millions.
Technology: Ra'Ven love technology, and are able to create some themselves.
Allies: The Ra'Ven are considered allies to the elves living on Kh'ron, and to the bunny men known as the Hoppitti.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

It would be interesting to see what a goddess of this pantheon would be like. I would also like to see a Zeus-like character with mechanical lighning bolts, since early myths decribe the bolts being made for him by Hephaestus. A lot of god-like weapons could be made clockwork. :)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:It would be interesting to see what a goddess of this pantheon would be like. I would also like to see a Zeus-like character with mechanical lightning bolts, since early myths describe the bolts being made for him by Hephaestus. A lot of god-like weapons could be made clockwork. :)

I like the idea of a Zeus Ex Machina character, so I will have to work on that. The characters are essentially based after Greek myths, just stylized for the clockwork angle, so pretty much any Greek god would be fair game.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Zeus Ex Machina
The son of Kronos, the time lord did not desire children and so put him and his siblings into temporal stasis chambers when they were born. They remained forgotten for millennia until an attack on Kh'ron caused Zeus' chamber to open. Angry, Zeus decided he would claim the right of leadership of the pantheon for himself, since is father seemed to have no desire to have anything to do with them. It is unknown whether Zeus was actually the eldest, since no record of when he was put into stasis was ever made, but he claimed to be to support his right to rule. Far from content, Zeus created stories to reinforce his claim. In one such tale, Zeus claimed to have overthrown his father before freeing his siblings. Since Kronos never refuted it, it was generally believed by all.
Zeus is an angry god presiding over thunder, lightning, fertility and crops. Worshipped and spreading his seed over a thousand worlds, few do not know the name of Zeus.
Alignment: Abherrant
Size: 20 feet tall, 24 foot wingspan
Description: A strong man with long hair and a beard, a stern expression, and large birdlike wings sprouting from his back.
Attributes: I.Q. 24, M.E. 37, M.A. 32, P.S. 40, P.P. 30, P.E. 30, P.B. 30, Spd 33 (X3 flying)
Natural A.R.: 14
Hit Points: 14,300
S.D.C.: 12,600
P.P.E.: 2,700
Experience Levels: 25th level Warlock of air, earth fire and water, 20th level Wizard, and 12th level Diabolist
Natural Abilities: Astral travel, see the invisible, turn invisible at will, immune to cold, heat and fire (no damage), bio-regeneration 1d4X100 per minute, knows all languages, metamorphosis (any shape) at will (unlimited), teleport 98%, dimensional teleport 97%, sense location of ley lines 75%, sense/recognize magic/enchantment 85%, and flying.
Deific Powers: Zeus has the full range of power over his followers, and can perform all prototypical deific powers at half cost, as well as the following special powers:
Control Weather: Local: As per the prototypical deific power. Cost to Zeus: 100 P.P.E.
Call Lightning: The equivalent of 25th level Warlock and costs Zeus zero P.P.E.! Can be cast as often as five times per melee round, each counting as one of his attacks/actions.
Bio-Regeneration: Primal Deific: As per the prototypical deific power. Cost to Zeus: 500 P.P.E.
Create Minion: As per the prototypical deific power. Cost to Zeus: 200 P.P.E., plus only Token Body Investment
Transmutation: As per the prototypical deific power. Cost to Zeus: 200 P.P.E., plus Token Body Investment
Priest/Healing Powers: Exorcism 86%, turn dead 92% (affecting 1d4X100 dead at a time), healing touch (restores 3d6 S.D.C. or Hit Points), and resurrection (70%)
Magic Powers: Knows all Warlock spells of air, earth, fire and water, knows all Wizard spells, including Spells of Legend (including dozens not known to the Palladium World). All Diabolist powers, including runes, symbols, wards and the knowledge of circles of protection and summoning.
Psionic Powers: None
Skills of Note: Basic and advanced math, all science skills, medical and rogue skills at 98%
Attacks Per Melee: Ten physical, or five physical and five lightning, or seven magic.
Special Bonuses (in addition to attribute bonuses) +4 initiative, +4 to strike, +3 parry and dodge, +5 to pull punch, immune to horror factor, +4to all saving throws,and 98% charm/impress.
Favorite Weapons: Zeus prefers magic, but will use mechanical bolts of rune magic.
Blasphemer Bolts: These spear-like lightning bolts are forged of rune magic. They do 4d4X100 damage to all targets.
Armor: Zeus is unable to wear armor.
Alliances: Zeus maintains strict control over others in his pantheon, with the exception of Kronos and Cackler. Members of other pantheons will not work with him. Cooperation from others is usually gained through threats or blackmail.
Enemies: Usually attempts to gain power made by his own family members.
Vulnerabilities: Metal weapons other than those of pure gold do double damage and Zeus will take 1d6 per melee round from wearing metal. Zeus is also allergic to darkness and shadow and will take 1d6 damage per minute when without natural or magical light.
Technology: While others in his pantheon readily use technology, Zeus is not accepting of it and will generally not make use of it.
Minions: Zeus usually either creates his own minions or forces members of his family to do his bidding.
Treatment of Worshippers: Zeus craves attention and is constantly appearing to his worshippers in one form or another.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

OMG, this version of Zeus totally rocks! Way cool, SG. :-D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I have an idea for Eros I will be writing up next. :)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Brotherhood of Kronos
A monastic organization, the Brotherhood of Kronos, has been formed to let those seeking escape from the ravages of time take refuge. Part of their duties include recording events for the Book of Hours, a companion piece to the Tome of Time.
Their robes are a rich forest green and black, and they are rumored to study Temporal Magic. They wear hourglasses on chains around their necks.
A monastery of Kronos will consist of a main lodge and clock tower, a separate dwelling serving as a bunkhouse, a courtyard with a large sundial, and an apple orchard. A separate meeting hall is also maintained, as well as private meditation and meeting rooms.
GMDijarian
Explorer

thanks!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

No problem. Just to clarify, "taking refuge from the ravages of time" basically means it is a retirement home for senior citizens. :lol:
GMDijarian
Explorer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:No problem. Just to clarify, "taking refuge from the ravages of time" basically means it is a retirement home for senior citizens. :lol:

:lol: That's great!! Here's a legend i'm trying to use in my campaign.

The Legend of the 12 Great Clock Towers...

One legend coming from the Western Empire states, that during the time of the Chaos Wars, while all the Placekeepers were disapearing, 12 of the mighty creatures hid themselves deep within the earth.
Currently Great Clock towers (Cathedrals) resembling giant humanoid machines holding huge clock faces, have been appearing, being built in no time in several areas of the world. And all on leys lines or at nexus points. The truth is they have been buried since the beginning of time, and through worship, Kronos’ followers are slowly finding the locations of the great clock towers and are unearthing them and/or "rifting" them in from their hiding places! Unknown to them though, is that the towers are actually the dormant Placekeepers, awaiting the time Kronos reactivates them.

...or at least thats what legend says about these mighty Cathedrals.

All of these cathedrals are several stories tall, and the cathedrals themselves are built within the giant mechanical humanoids. One has appeared in The Western Empire, and one on Lamaria.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Nice. Kind of like the Celestials in Marvel comics or something out of The Day the Earth Stood Still.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Great, now I have to write them up. I am just going to modify the Timekeepers.

Minions of Cackler: Placekeepers
Legend suggests that the Placekeepers are mechanical beings created by Cackler to rebuild the previous universe following its destruction. They are, in fact, elementals native to his home realm of Kh'ron, mechanical elementals appearing as clockwork humanoid machines. They are enormous machines which are basically builders.
Alignment: Principled
Attributes of Note: I.Q. 2d6+10, P.S.6d6+60, P.P. 1d6+20, Spd 6d6+60
Size: Typically 80-100 feet tall
Weight: Around 10-12 tons
Natural A.R.: 18
Hit Points: 6d10X100
S.D.C.: 4d4X1000
P.P.E.: 4d6X100
Horror Factor: 16
Natural Abilities: Impervious to poison. chemicals, drugs, disease, heat, cold; does not breathe air but does consume it, so has half H.P. and P.P.E. in a vacuum; nightvision 600 feet; magically understands all languages; land navigation 70%, bio-regeneration of 1d6X10 S.D.C./H.P. every minute. All Mechanical and science skills at 98%.
Sense Temporal Anomaly: 70% at a range of two miles from the source of the anomaly
Dimensional Teleport: 38%
Vulnerabilities: As per general info for all elementals, plus water (inflicts one point of rust damage per minute from rain and double damage from water attacks). As machines, they are vulnerable to physical strikes and explosions.
Bonuses: +6 to initiative, +4 to strike and parry, +2 dodge, +2 roll with impact, +7 save vs.magic, +4 to save vs. psionics, impervious to mind control and possession, immune against Horror Factor.
Attacks: Six physical strikes or three with magic spells
Damage: Varies with Supernatural P.S. of the individual
Magic: Time Hole, Null Sphere, Illusory Terrain, Energy Sphere, Warped Space, Wards, Illusory Forest, Realm of Chaos, Expel Demons, See Wards, Sub-Particle Acceleration, Negate Mechanics, Dispel Magic Barriers, Constrain Being, Create Water, Mend the Broken, Featherlight, Watchguard, plus all Warlock spells of air, earth, fire, and water. Spell strength is at 16 (opponents need to roll 16 or higher to save).
Psionics: None
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Ninjabunny wrote:All this was pretty cool :thumbsup: Just one thing isn't Krono's in Pathones of the megaverse? :?:

Probably, but most of those are pretend gods in there. My version of Kronos is completely original, so even if there is another version, people can use the one they want.

Kronos Counter-Cults
Ex Machanism: Ex Machanists are completely opposed to machines and technology, believing that it is evil and used to enslave mankind.
Zeusastronism: This is a religious teaching which promotes the belief that Kronos created time to curse mankind by forcing them to age and die. Followers of Zeus persecute worshippers of Kronos whenever and wherever possible.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Eros
In the time of the beginning, Eros existed as an Old One. He was erotic passion and lust incarnate. He had three heads and committed acts of extreme mischief. Such were his deeds that his heart was cut out by Cackler and the rest of him scattered. The heart was kept by the Cackler in an urn until it could be decided what to do with it.
After much time had passed, the pieces were gathered together by Aeries and Amphrotite and reassembled, but with just one head. Eros returned with no memory and was told simply that he was their son.

Eros was raised to be a different being than before, but his old personality surfaces when is under stress.
Eros symbolizes compassion, love, caring, understanding, passion and desire. He is the patron of lovers and match-makers.
Alignment: Principled, but becomes Miscreant at times of stress
Size: 28 feet tall
Description: With golden hair and wings, and the body of a humanoid with valentine-heart-shaped muscles, Eros is clearly a deific entity. He is usually seen with a bow and arrows, either naked or in a toga.
Attributes: I.Q. 25, M.E. 38, M.A. 39, P.S. 35, P.P. 22, P.E. 27, P.B. 36, Spd 88 (60 mph, X3 flying)
Natural A.R.: 14
Hit Points: 22,000
S.D.C.: 18,000
P.P.E.: 6,000
Horror/Awe Factor: 17
Experience Levels: 19th level Long Bowman
Natural Abilities: Charm/Impress 98%, astral travel 70%, see the invisible, become invisible at will, knows all languages, impervious to cold, heat fire, poison, toxins and disease, sense/recognize enchantment/magic 80%, track humanoids 80%, nightvision 200 feet, perfect vision in daylight (4 miles if unobstructed), bio-regeneration 1d4X100 per minute and can regrow a limb overnight, metamorphosis: humanoid (limited; can shift gender and apparent age and size, but all other traits remain constant), teleport 98%, dimensional teleport 70%, and fly.
Deific Powers: Eros has the full range of powers over his followers and can perform all prototypical deific powers at regular cost, as well as the following special powers:
Power Deific Arrow: By focusing the power, an ordinary arrow become a Love Bolt and can cause people to fall in love. Cost to Eros: 5 P.P.E. per arrow
Priest/Healing Powers: Exorcism 30%, remove curse 38%, healing touch (restores 3d6), resurrection 40%, and turn dead 58%
Magic Powers: None
Psionic Powers: None
Skills of Note: Sing 98%, dance 92%, play musical instrument: pan pipes and harp 95%, W.P. Archery, W.P. Targeting/Missile Weapons
Attacks Per Melee Round: Seven in hand to hand combat, 12 when firing a bow weapon
Special Bonuses (in addition to attribute bonuses): +2 initiative, +4 strike, +2 parry and dodge (+4 dodge flying), +7 vs. horror factor, +6 vs. mind control and possession, +4 vs.magic, +1 on all other saving throws.
Favorite Weapons:
Long Bow: Magic, cannot break (need a P.S. of 21 to use it). Range (for Eros): 4000 feet. Normal arrows do 2d6. Love Bolts do no damage to animals or humans but give the target a charm/impress of 98% and inability to save vs.Seduction unless a saving throw is made against the effect (16 or better vs. insanity, M.E. bonus applies), but they will do 4d6 damage to demons and alien intelligences.
Armor: None normally used.
Alliances and Allies: Eros is willing to ally himself with others in his pantheon.
Enemies: Eros does not consider himself to have any enemies.
Vulnerabilities: None physically, but Eros will shift personalities in times of stress (save vs. insanity of 14 or better, M.E. bonus applies), becoming miscreant and using his powers to amuse himself rather than help others.
Technology: Eros has no established opinion one way or the other.
Minions: None
Treatment of Worshipers: Eros will answer all requests for help finding love when he is in his right mind. When he is not, he uses his worshipers' to amuse himself by tormenting them with false loves.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

I like the new god, but you seem to be straying from the original clockwork theme.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:I like the new god, but you seem to be straying from the original clockwork theme.

It was based on an existing idea and added to fill out the pantheon. Not all of the characters listed here will be strictly created based on the theme.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”