South America World Book Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Re: South America World Book Question

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

the big question is do you want to shape shift or not.

If so play a werejaguar

If not, play the other one.

Also it's a good idea to find out what everybody else is playing so you can cover a wide range of situations.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Tnkrbl621 wrote:I am new to Rifts and am confused.
If I wanted to play a Jaguar Mutant from World Book 6, do I use the Jaguar Mutants pg 107 profile or the Werejaguar pg 117 profile or both? Both profiles refer to the other as equal but have different attributes and descriptions. Help!

They are different races (R.C.C.) so you have to pick one.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Werejaguar has good powers and appearing human means you can fit more places that a cat man.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Right, socially in the city of Omagua all the cat races are treated equally. As for which to choose, it really depends on your play style. There are many different Jaguar races, including mutants. Heck if you wanted to and have the book you could use HU2 to create a unique Jaguar pc and convert to Rifts stats/skills. Have fun either way!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

runebeo wrote:Werejaguar has good powers and appearing human means you can fit more places that a cat man.

Not nessassarily, if they play entirely in South America then you can go virtually anywhere you want as a catman, and have no penalties just because thier "Cat People".

Thier only in trouble if they choose to roam anywhere near the CS holdings. Outside of that most of N.A. is and would be non challant about thier appearence.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

that could be an interesting adventure for a spy game and for those who wish to play a all CS game.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Tyciol wrote:Just like the Achilles Neo-humans could infiltrate Psyscape :) Hmm... you know, they're SDC, would the CS know that Neo-Humans are different from your run of the mill Mind Melter if they kept subtle and didn't change into MDC?

I think the CS might notice a woman whose averages 6'6" but for the male ones it could be easy enough it go unnoticed. My Neo-Human trained with Psi-Net to do secret missions for General Marshall Cabot of CS Military Counsel. One trick to really go unnoticed is to transform & then drop out of it and repeat it a few times to burn down your I.S.P. pool to under thirty, this will make you appear as a minor or major psychic.
Last edited by runebeo on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Lobo wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:that could be an interesting adventure for a spy game and for those who wish to play a all CS game.

Yep, we had one player play a SA mutant animal infiltrate the CS. Works both ways too and I recall reading something about how the both the SA mutant nations and the CS sends expeditions into each other's backyards to cause trouble.

Thats funny. To think that two different nations send spy and sabators into the others nation just to cause trouble. Since neither is likely to actually come into direct contact for many many years.

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Tnkrbl621 wrote:I am new to Rifts and am confused.
If I wanted to play a Jaguar Mutant from World Book 6, do I use the Jaguar Mutants pg 107 profile or the Werejaguar pg 117 profile or both? Both profiles refer to the other as equal but have different attributes and descriptions. Help!

I do not see why you are confused at all. It is simple.
Jaguar MUTANT = page 107 (Dog boy like Mutant animal. Non-supernatural)
Werejaguar = 117 (Supernatural Predator)

Tnkrbl621 wrote:I am confused on the part that they say they are the other. Example in Jaguar Mutant it states "Note: The "Jaguar People" are werejaguars." and in Werejaguar it states "The Werejaguar — Also known as The Jaguar People". They reference each other as though I should use both profiles yet the profiles are different. Am I reading too much into this?

OMG, you have to be kidding me here. They do not referance each other at all.

Werejaguar = "The Jagaur People"

The Mutant Jaguar Note was letting you know, if you are looking for The Jaguar People flip the book to the werejaguars. The Werejaguar lets you they are also known as "The Jagaur People". SIMPLE. Nothing to get confused. (Unless your not a native English Speaker).
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Agreed, ask and discuss what you want. As long as you do not fall into the flame war and name calling trap. These forums are for us to come together and share ideas and thoughts as well as clear up the rule questions you may have and welcome to the forums.

Return to “Rifts®”