Ratty's Open House Blog

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Ratty's Open House Blog

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Ok, so me and my buddy EvilnCuddly set out from DC at 9:00 PM last night, and through carefull use of lead feet and toll roads arrived at 5:30 AM. I'm in my room too wired from red bull to sleep, but going to try and lie down soonish.

On the way me and Evil witnessed a pair of teenagers drive off of the highway and flip and crush their car into roughly a third of its original size and shape. One of the teenagers was able to climb out of the wreckage in shock while the other was alive but able to speak. I'd like to talk about how these things bring us together as people but climbs out of wreckage teenager decided it was more important to get the dope secreted in the wreckage of his car than look to the well being of his friend, frigging humans...

Still Detroit has a fair fast emergency response team and hopefully these two will walk away with a valuable life lesson...

Anyway, we are here in room 206 and going to try to sleep till a more reasonable time of the day, feel free to knock when the do not disturb tag is removed.

And Subbie, Call me I don't have your number.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Re: Ratty's Open House Blog

Well I got three-ish hours of sleep and now I am wired...

Gonna see where the ice machine is, I have powerful ice needs.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Wish I was there.

:(

~ Josh
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Wish I was there.

:(

~ Josh

Don't worry, I'm gonna put a "Hello my name is Josh Singsapaugh" name tag and charge people for signatures and hit on people's wives and girlfriends.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I have a request for all Palladium VIP night attendees, if you get to the games list for me please write "Tom Nelson" on the VIP night game form being run by Brandon Aten. I'll totally give you beer if you can prove you did this.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

EvilnCuddly would like to express his disappointment with all of the people who could not make it to the party, or the the open house. He had some choice insights into their sexual aptitude that I do not feel like repeating but suffice it to say he is a foul foul bastard.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Went to the Atlantis for lunch, saw no blind warrior women, but all of the waitstaff was cute, food took its damn time coming out but was good.

Now I am back in the room watching Colbert Report on my lappy.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Ok, went to the OH, signed up for games and bought the missing pieces of my Palladium collection.

Then as I was working up the nerve to speak to the writers they ambushed me and mocked me for not saying hi...

There is a moment when I realized that the people I'm a smartass online to are actual real people who remember the things I type and throw them back at me. Carl Gleba was a bit sore with my Dyvall review and remarked that he was going to include a demon bowyer named rat_bastard who makes the magic arrows, bows and quivers that are sadly missing from Dyval and Hades but now he's not going to cause I said Hades and Dyvall where nearly identical books...

Anyway, I played Brandon Aten's game, which if it is in any way a preview of Triax 2 shows a great deal of promise, skimmed Josh Singsapaugh's first offering which I really like even if I will find myself changing details to better fit my game, and had myself a very good time.

More tomorrow when I am better rested.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Had a nutritious breaking of fast with Brandon Aten. People thought my bringing a french press and a coffee grinder was a bit weird until they tasted the foul black morass that was labeled coffee in the breakfast nook. Two German Tourists who came to America for the Open House where very disappointed with the coffee, I would have shared in the name of international diplomacy and decency but they left too soon. I am very nervous about tonight but I get to relax and game in Jason Marker's Robotech Game.

Last nights game was fun, we were cyborgs with screw in brains in jars that would implant our brains into super jet fighters and kill gargoyles and I was the squad leader. If you ever have to **** off a gargoyle blow off one of its wings while its flying to engage you, it pisses them off sooo much. I got to be squad leader so I mostly tried to make my team work together and get everyone into the cocky fun of being bleeding edge fighters.

Killer Cyborg appeared covered in blood that he insisted was not his and Dennis may have slept in his car last night, it was a pretty good night.

A couple of notes

The Dead Reign Source book is a few more zombies, some twisted survivors and allot of GM tables, Usefull as a GM's tool but not really a player resource, if you are a GM its definatly worth the price, if you are a player I'd go with a army surplus catalog.

The Shemarian Source book is rather nice, Lots of crunch, but some interesting story elements. Josh Singsapaugh seems to realize that the Brave little toaster's stand against Atlantis is pretty futile but he is still cranking out robot after robot in order to stop the dyke from leaking...

If you want a pint glass set you have to ask special for it, they are in short supply as they were a limited edition item, I have mine but I have no idea how many they have for sale.

Kevin has not read about Pepe, that makes me sad.

Hope this was helpful.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

My party is in 2.5 hours...

I am excited and nervous... :shock:
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Gave Prince Artemis a bottle of Psi-cola, want him to feel like he's still involved in the Oh, don't want whatever he caught.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

I'm there in spirit.

When you get drunk enough to start quoting Cohen brothers movies... that's my spirit touching you.

~ Josh
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Ratty has a luffa? But it's black... just like his heart :D
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

hygiene is important.
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

he does tend to slink off into the night below everyone's radar. he also gets uncomfortable when you try to give hime a good bro-hug.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

ratty i would have been at the brewfest.....but i could not find you or the bloody room, oh and i was the guy in the black button up that kept waving at you, that you ignored.
Buck the System
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

I stopped by, but didn't drink as I had a game to try and finish. Then, the party came to the conference room and beer was foisted upon me by a couple of friendly Germans. I think EvilnCuddly wanted to kill me when I compared his Bastard's Brew to Busch, but overall it was fun to hang with the guys for a bit... even if it pretty much killed the game I was trying to finish. :lol:

BTW: Pedro got some pictures with my camera that night, I'll have to see if any of your crew is on them.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

It appears nobody has a pic of me up... it makes me sad..
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

rat_bastard wrote:It appears nobody has a pic of me up... it makes me sad..

I have you at the costume contest. I'll be having MadMan post up pics in the next few days.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

The beers were good. As for the picture, I used my cybernetic eye camera. Those pics are for me, though.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Palladium Open House”