How is everyone's GM game prep coming along!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

How is everyone's GM game prep coming along!

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I got my 12 PCs all done for my Mechanoids game and my 6 PCs need a re-write for my Ninjas & Superspies event. As for the adventures, rough draft is done and rocking so I have 3 nights to finalize stuff.

So how is everybody else doing?
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: How is everyone's GM game prep coming along!

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I'd updated old pregens and added a few more last week for a total of 26 pregens to choose from, and I just finished my final Open House adventure last night about 11:00pm.. then crashed... hard. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Warhammer 40K keeps calling me away from my Palladium duties, but all of the space pirates are done for the Saturday, after-hours, "all space pirate game" ... which should be a blast.

the Wormwood one and the Thundercloud Galaxy one will be getting my full attention for the rest fo the week/
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Braden Campbell wrote:Warhammer 40K keeps calling me away from my Palladium duties, but all of the space pirates are done for the Saturday, after-hours, "all space pirate game" ... which should be a blast.

the Wormwood one and the Thundercloud Galaxy one will be getting my full attention for the rest fo the week/

Try to save me a spot in this one if you can.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid

Citizen Lazlo wrote:done

I hate you. :P
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Braden Campbell

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:Warhammer 40K keeps calling me away from my Palladium duties, but all of the space pirates are done for the Saturday, after-hours, "all space pirate game" ... which should be a blast.

Which one?
Braden, GMPhD

The Galactus Kid

Braden Campbell wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Which one?

In order of preference:
1) Wormwood Addenda
2) Thundercloud
3) Space Pirates

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Two games are done (Irvin wrote them, after all), one is about half done. Ten of the twelve pre-gens are pretty much finished (7 completely), two of them I haven't started. It doesn't help that this is the SINGLE BUSIEST WEEK of the semester for me. :x
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Braden Campbell

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:In order of preference:
1) Wormwood Addenda
2) Thundercloud
3) Space Pirates

If the schedual goes up soon, everyone can plan out their OH. But not to worry... there are at least 7 slots open in all of my games, so there should be penty of room for everyone who wants to join.
Braden, GMPhD

Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I have super deluxe character sheets made for the Arzno VIP game. I need to put together my character creation aides for the other three games, including my resource allocation analogs for the Chaos Earth game. I also need to rundown my new combat mechanics for the Sunday game.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
erc1971
Wanderer

Unread post by erc1971 »

I was done weeks ago - I did not want this hanging over my head as the open house drew near. Wednesday evening I am going to go over everything again just to get it all fresh in my head for the game.

Eric
RIFTS..."It's ****ing Brilliant!" Kevin Sembieda May 5th 2006
Attended Palladium Open House, May 6th 2006, May 4th and 5th 2007, April 30th 2009, May 2nd 2009
Palladium Unofficial Employee
Kevin Siembieda to me during the big move: "Eric, you are a god!"
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Pregens - check
Scenario - check
Props - check
Shipping - check
Cheat-sheet - check

Done.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
jdarr5000
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by jdarr5000 »

pregens 80%
Storyline 90% but like every game can go out the window depending on what the pcs do.
Supplies just need to pack them.

Those zombies from the zombies game are very useful.

Jdarr
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Warwolf wrote:Two games are done (Irvin wrote them, after all), one is about half done. Ten of the twelve pre-gens are pretty much finished (7 completely), two of them I haven't started. It doesn't help that this is the SINGLE BUSIEST WEEK of the semester for me. :x

Hookers & Coke?

:bandit:

A part of me feels that would be preferable to the papers and presentation... [Disclaimer: By no means do I encourage illicit drug use or the solicitation of prostitutes.]

Presentation is out of the way now. The two research papers, on the other hand... let's just say it's going to be a long Tuwednesday (since I probably won't be sleeping at any point between the two). :-(

On the uptick, I get to look forward to going into a catatonic state Wednesday evening until I get up at midnight to start the drive to Detroit. :ugh:

I just have to repeat the mantra: "It'll be worth it, it'll be worth it, it'll be worth it." :?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
The Galactus Kid

Got all of my characters for the Splicers games rolled up. Those two games are good to go.
Spending tonight packing and rolling up my characters for the Luftwaffe game so as not to disappoint Phalanx. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Galactus Kid

Phalanx wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Got all of my characters for the Splicers games rolled up. Those two games are good to go.
Spending tonight packing and rolling up my characters for the Luftwaffe game so as not to disappoint Phalanx. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joy!

I've finished up the pre-gens and storylines for both of my games. Just need to sketch a couple of maps and I'll call it done. I like to leave things as fluid as possible. Just ask Mark. :)

Me too. Hell, a lot of my NPC's have generic combat bonuses. I really like to run a game by the seat of my pants. It also takes the sting away when the players totally throw a wrench in your well prepared and oiled gears. I learned that from watching Kevin run. He is a really "in the moment" GM. Its awesome to watch.

The Galactus Kid

Finished characters and everything 2 1AM. I'm leaving Louisville (Nostrous) at 11.

Return to “Palladium Open House”