Open House questions

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Open House questions

Unread post by rat_bastard »

So I was going over a list of books that I feel I need to pick up at the open house, the latest rifter, Josh's Shemarian book, Library of Bletherad, the Palladium Pint glass set - etc and I realized that even though this is allot of value for my dollar, its allot of dollars for my value.

So my Question is, is there a discount on product at the OH? Cause I'm on a budget and only going because every significant expense for the trip was paid in December.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Open House questions

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

rat_bastard wrote:So I was going over a list of books that I feel I need to pick up at the open house, the latest rifter, Josh's Shemarian book, Library of Bletherad, the Palladium Pint glass set - etc and I realized that even though this is allot of value for my dollar, its allot of dollars for my value.

So my Question is, is there a discount on product at the OH? Cause I'm on a budget and only going because every significant expense for the trip was paid in December.

Generally not. The discount really comes when you conisider the lack of shipping cost, and the signatures and such that you might get.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:So I was going over a list of books that I feel I need to pick up at the open house, the latest rifter, Josh's Shemarian book, Library of Bletherad, the Palladium Pint glass set - etc and I realized that even though this is allot of value for my dollar, its allot of dollars for my value.

Generally not. The discount really comes when you conisider the lack of shipping cost, and the signatures and such that you might get.

Generally, maybe... but specifically:

Kevin wrote:– G.M. 3-4 game events (must register and describe your game in advance) and you get a 30% discount on books.

:)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
The Galactus Kid

Warwolf wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Generally, maybe... but specifically:

Kevin wrote:– G.M. 3-4 game events (must register and describe your game in advance) and you get a 30% discount on books.

:)

I totally missed this!!! Sweet. I get a discount on the 4 or 5 books I have to get.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

YOu all realize the 30% discount is for GM's only.

Just throwing it out there just in case.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
The Galactus Kid

Greyaxe wrote:YOu all realize the 30% discount is for GM's only.

Good thing I'm GMing 3 games

Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Cool, i'm jellous. I wish I had a 30% discount. Say how would you like to be a mule for me, we can buy the books and smuggle them illegally into Canada. Don't worry about getting caught its only the Can/Am boarder.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
The Galactus Kid

Greyaxe wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Cool, i'm jellous. I wish I had a 30% discount. Say how would you like to be a mule for me, we can buy the books and smuggle them illegally into Canada. Don't worry about getting caught its only the Can/Am boarder.

If I come, I'm staying for the beer and health care.

The Galactus Kid

Phalanx wrote:Is it a bad thing that I've got the plot outlines for my sessions done, but I haven't rolled up the characters yet? :D

No. I have at least 8 more characters to roll up...and then I'll plan my games. i have outlines, but I need to expand my notes.

Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

If I come, I'm staying for the beer and health care.

Sweet, you can live in my basement and be my house troll. I have a big screen TV, play station and beer fridge. :lol:
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Is it a bad thing that I've got the plot outlines for my sessions done, but I haven't rolled up the characters yet? :D

No. I have at least 8 more characters to roll up...and then I'll plan my games. i have outlines, but I need to expand my notes.

I have four more characters to roll up (the last two took me four hours a piece). After that, I have to flesh out Silver Rush. I'll actually be ready before-hand for once? Now where is a hardwood table when I need one? :?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Warwolf wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

I have four more characters to roll up (the last two took me four hours a piece). After that, I have to flesh out Silver Rush. I'll actually be ready before-hand for once? Now where is a hardwood table when I need one? :?

I do not believe you. :)

nuthin' but luv, man!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Phalanx wrote:The list is stickied at the top of this section of the forums, but I haven't seen a schedule yet.

In the latest Murmur, Kevin wrote:89 gaming events. Wayne finally finalized the game schedule today.

So, I'm guessing it'll be up soon.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Xar wrote:
Phalanx wrote:The list is stickied at the top of this section of the forums, but I haven't seen a schedule yet.

In the latest Murmur, Kevin wrote:89 gaming events. Wayne finally finalized the game schedule today.

So, I'm guessing it'll be up soon.
Wait, a schedule up before Open House starts? That sir, is unpossible. :erm:
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Armorlord wrote:So, I'm guessing it'll be up soon.
Wait, a schedule up before Open House starts? That sir, is unpossible. :erm:[/quote]

Believe it. It's up folks. :)

Return to “Palladium Open House”