Alternate Dimensions

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Aramanthus wrote:Ho9w about a world filled with Super heros and Super Villians.

Scrapers
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

hehee .. well just a couple more ideas is all .. currently coming up blank just now ...
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

China does not retreat from being a global sailing power and instead commences a large scale and sustained program of exploration and colonization to vent the internal pressures back home....War with the Portugese in the Indian Ocean, and the discovery of North America follow...

The Moon is discovered to be hollow...and inhabitable within...a new lunar land rush begins between the superpowers....

Earth orbits a gas giant instead of having its own solitary orbit around the sun....Development of the understanding of celestial mechanics profoundly affected...

The Greek Pantheon effectly sets up the Mediterranean region to be a 'cultural preserve' in which further technological development is permanently fixed at a Greek City States-era state of development...while the rest of the world is allowed to go on its way....

The entire Western Hemisphere is separated from the rest of the planet in the late 21st century by impenetrable walls of force....several years later they fall to reveal an Americas that have gone through the Rifts and aftermath as canon, only WITHOUT contact with the rest of the world, and after several hundred years of subjective time....

Aliens steal Australia...Britain is next....

Post WW2, the United States makes an assimilated Japan a protectorate, then a state....

A rifted Russian cyberdoc cures Czar Nicholas II's son's hemophilia through biosystem implants...The Czar takes the popular measure of having Gregor Rasputin publicly flogged and executed....

The Cold War and Middle East Troubles are cut short when alien peacekeepers land in force....

Canada turns Communist....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

How about the space ideas of the 19th century were accurate. And the powers of the time have the ability to travel the stars with their tech of the time.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

George W bush is a genious.
Canada gets respect.
Everyone becomes a vegetarian and the cows get ever more populous intill a mass cull is ordered.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

Greyaxe wrote:George W bush is a genious.

Man, and I thought giant flying spell casting lizards was a far-fetched idea. :-D
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

9voltkilowatt wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:George W bush is a genious.

Man, and I thought giant flying spell casting lizards was a far-fetched idea. :-D

LOL, some things you can just believe in. others are too great a strech.:lol:
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Humans have already fought World War III, and have degenerated to a more clan based tribal system. A random few pieces of ultra-tech are to be found here and there.

The Old Gods never went away, instead they evolved into entirely new deities. Anyone for Dural'n, God of Television? How about Me'sann'ga, Godess of Dating Services?

Every member of any race shares a certain degree of hive mind! All humans, canines, felines, arachnids all of 'em connected to every other member of their race.

Short and simple: The Earth really is the center of the galaxy!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Here are a few What if for Phase World/3 Galaxies.

1)Independent and Unexplored systemes make up 45% of all 3 Galaxies.

2)Humans make up only 8% of the population of 3G.

3)No near equals in TGE,all Non-Kreeghor are slaves.

4)CCW is limited it,s membership to 100 races no more.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I really like option number one. I think mor of the galaxies should be unexplored. or have been explored but not colonized greatly.
taalismn
Priest

Emperor Norton the First of California becomes Emperor of the United States not simply in his own mind, but in reality...The United States becomes a Constitutional Monarchy as a result...

The Chinese colonize North America, then begin erecting a Great Wall along their claim's northern border to keep the Russian-Canadian barbarians out....

Aliens land to hire Terran RPG players as 'creators' to design pocket universes for them using atechnology the aliens have, but cannot quite make full use of....

In a freal accident, Dan Quayle replaces George Bush as president of the United States....Secret Serviceman codenamed 'Eiger' does NOT receive all-important instructions to ice the VP.

Seismologists are proven wrong when everything EAST of tbe San Andreas Faultline sinks into the Atlantic Ocean overnigt...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

How about France that has a no losses in combat and only victories! (Truely as fictional as any comic.)

Check this out. I'm sure some of you have seen this already.
[url]Click here: Text / The Complete Military History of France[/url]
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Sorry it was supposed to be a link!

HH....FIE
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

That one is truly far out there darkmax...cooperation, geez i can barely spell it.
taalismn
Priest

The MOghuls of India build a technological civilization to rival the Europeans, altering the Colonial period substantially....

Reincarnation is proven fact, with the result being various organizations trying to perpetuate various governments and philosophies while searching for their members through their various reincarnations(Beyond the Supernatural-themed universe).

KIng Kong's long lost family emerge from hiding in New Jersey...hearing of the commotion 'Little Cousin Kong' is causing in New York, they decide to visit....

Captain Nemo builds a coalition of submarine nations...using advanced technology(especially submarines), they effectively blockade the industrialized nations of the surface and become benign despots and tyrannical peacekeepers ruling the world from beneath the waves....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That will prevent any problems in that universe! :D

HH....FIE
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Darkmax wrote:hey you can't blame me for trying to resolve all conflicts! :D

Yes we can! :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Columbus sails off the edge of the Earth...

Mussolini has Hitler assassinated midway through World War 2 as a 'gift' to keep the Allies from demolishing Italy on their way to Germany...

Tomatoes really ARE poisonous(thus dooming several major national lines of cuisine)...

A Demon Planet enters the Solar System....Between the doomsday cults in the streets and the militaries of the world building up their strategic arsenals for an all-or-nothing defense of Earth, things look pretty grim...

Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasingly illiterate society...

Aliens invade Earth, but it is revealed that a secret society of architects and genuises has been preparing for this for over a century...Paris' Effiel Tower is revealed to be a giant Tesla-style weapon, the Sydney Opera House a Harmonic Resonator Cannon Battery, the Washington Monument a lightning lance....patterned after the secrets of the Pyramids...otehr famous monuments are also discovered to have 'secret purposes'...Including the Statue of Liberty...after it comes alive and blasts an alien mothership that has landed off the Atlantic seaboard....
Last edited by taalismn on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:Columbus sails off the edge of the Earth...

Well...thats one way to get rid of Bush! :lol:

Mount Rushmore is just the tip of a really large set of mechs.
Last edited by 9voltkilowatt on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:?....what's that gotta do with Bush?

Agreed...My imagination fails to see the connection....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Have no idea..... :?:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Sorry, made the assumption that he did so (fell of the edge) before he found america. And going with common sci-fi mythos made the further assumption that a severe change like that would drastically alter our time line.

Ergo, no Bush.

It was funny in my head I swear

(Cut me some slack, I was awake for a whole 14 minutes)
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Darkmax wrote:oh ok! :lol:

I got the correlation the first time, but just thought there might be a more direct link between the both of them.

Off Topic
I'm a little scatterbrained sometimes and on occasion leave out entire trains of thoug...................................................
...............................................................hich makes me a little hard to comprahe...................................................................but don't worry, either you'll figure it out or kill me.

On Topic
Space really is filled with aether.

A singular being who calls itself "the Living Evolutionary" controls which direction evolution takes in all species. Always one evolutionary step beyond the current levels "it" is in fact the first life to have come into existence on this world. Hiding in the shadows, moving unseen, "the Living Evolutionary" shapes our very future.

Palladium (the metal) is discovered to hold the answer to all the secrets of existance!

Sorry, just had to add that last one in. :D
taalismn
Priest

Someone is collecting different versions of Earth, and stacking them in the same solar system....Already five Earths have appeared, and the natives of each planet are reacting to detecting what appear to be clones of their world appearing in the skies....

Dolphins and whales revolt against humanity....seafarers and coastal communities are endangered...and now it looks like cats(or dogs) may be next to move against the human race.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

37 years ago life changed for the people of Earth. For a period of 3 days the sun burned a pale blue; bathing earth in its eerie light. The results are just becoming apparent as a small number of people (about 1 in a million) have begun to exhibit heightened strength, enhanced damage capacity amongst a number of other *super powers*.

*Called Meta-traits in the game because its almost as if these people have been elevated to a level just above the normal human peak of development.*

P.S. Hey taalismn, have you heard anything about the project?
taalismn
Priest

9voltkilowatt wrote:
P.S. Hey taalismn, have you heard anything about the project?

Haven't heard anything recently, sorry....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The Vatican is visited by a surprise group; a small army of reformed demons who are asking for poltical asylum from the Demon/Dyvl war shaping up...The existance of an actual Hell throws humankind's beliefs for a tizzy, as do revelations of a war between evils...and beings admitting to be demons asking for asylum and sanctuary....adn what it portents for the future...Will the demons' masters come looking for them? And what, if anything, can humanity do?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkspring wrote:a huge dice falls from the sky and causes wide spread destruction upon the earth . A voice from the heavens says " i rolled a six , Odin , your mecha takes sixty points of damage " . Another voice replies " Jahovah ive got a force feild and you do no damage" . mankinds religouse leaders go insane upon realising the gods are actually roleplayers

Einstein: "God really DOES play with dice..."(thus refuting the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle)

An Earth where the heavy elements are lacking.....
An Earth where music is the key to magic....
An Earth where Greece attempted to set in motion Plato's Republic, resulting in a eugenic caste system tyranny over much of the world...

An Earth where a massive meteor strike sets off massive subterranean fires in the oil fields of the Middle East before the region becomes so important to the Industrial World....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm not sure if this has been suggested earlier. How about an earth where it has connections to many dimensions. Thus allowing earth to become a megaversal power.

HH....FIE
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Already mentioned, it can be found HERE.
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Just remember, you can't trust the Asgardians. They've been caught more then once using loaded runic 20 siders. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Hera resorts to an even more insidious means to exact revenge on Zeus...she hires a celebrity divorce LAWYER to go after her philandering hubby...
In retaliation, the major law schools of Earth suffer mysterious biblical-style catastrophes, and the legal profession becomes, as a result, 'the most dangerous job on Earth'.

Atlantis rises out of the middle of the Atlantic WITHOUT the Rifts events,,,causing coastal chaos and rasing some serious questions, especially when the newly risen land is surveyed and the ruins of an ancient civilization are found on it....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Kreeghor sign on as the minions of one of the God Pantheons from Pantheons of the Megaverse...

Free Worlds Council revolts because the commanders of the rebelling military forces found the Empire too SOFT on assimilated cultures...they want a more hardline leadership, and they've attracted the support of other murderous hotheads in the Empire to support their corrupt cause...."Free to Murder and Pillage" is waht they mean by 'Free".

The Gene-Splicers are really trying to develop genetic cures and vaccines against an insidious alien intelligence that spreads itself as a universal PLAGUE, and that is making its way through the Megaverse....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are some interesting thoughts!

HH....FIE
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

duck-foot wrote:Cats control Humans via psionics

Cats already do this, try again :D
ImageImage
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Its true my cat XY, (yes the old one) has total controllover my life. Im not even writing this post under my own free will I am posting to tell you all XY intends to make its triumphant return through me at..... any .......moment, Yup the universe just ended sorry not to tell you in person but hey Im an evil old one...
taalismn
Priest

The Vampire Intelligences' age of supremacy never ended....

The Seljuk elected NOT to close off the magic on their world...

The Elf-Dwarf Wars were interrupted by the arrival of hostile technological aliens in the Palladium World....

The Necrons and their anti-machine crusade are trying to create a no-tech 'firewall' of non- metal technological worlds and species, as well as a rigorously patrolled sector of space because their psychics tell of a 'swarm of metal mothers' intent on expanding throughout the universe and enslaving or exterminating all organic sentient life(and controlling all sentience that does not bow to them) .....Probe 'seeder' ships of an evil machine entity calling itself/themselves ...N.E.X.U.S......
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:The Necrons and their anti-machine crusade are trying to create a no-tech 'firewall' of non- metal technological worlds and species, as well as a rigorously patrolled sector of space because their psychics tell of a 'swarm of metal mothers' intent on expanding throughout the universe and enslaving or exterminating all organic sentient life(and controlling all sentience that does not bow to them) .....Probe 'seeder' ships of an evil machine entity calling itself/themselves ...N.E.X.U.S......

I guess if we can't bring more people to Splicers then we'll need to bring the Splicers to them. :-D

The Cosmic Forge never really existed and the Cosmo Knights are actually the result of a bet that the Joker of Palladium lost.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

A Alien ship crash landed on England in 1816,Boosting ther tech level by 1880 was equel to the 1940s.

By 1920 England was the only World Superpower with a Tech level of 1980s. frist Moon Colony by 1990.

by 2050 all of Earth is control by the UK Now call the United Kingdom of Britaina.
taalismn
Priest

A giant silver boomerang of a ship crashes in Australia...introducing both genetic engineering and enhanced psionics into the local populace...By making them literally able to tap into the Dream-Pools(see Nightspawn) the Aborigines forsee the coming storm of Europeans...and use their influence over the subconcious to 'edit out' Australia from the minds of all other peoples, essentially rendering the island continent invisible to perception...

Bamboo starships land on Earth..seems FTL drive ain't as complex as everybody thought(there's a mean and nasty sci-fi story called "The Raod Not Taken" that explores this idea...that essentially we Earthlings are retarded in that respect...)

A NEMA/Republican contingent shows in up on Modern Earth, BEFORE the Coming of the Rifts, and sets in motion a plan to prevent the catastrophe from ever happening...but sets other ripples moving....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:

taalismn wrote:Bamboo starships land on Earth..seems FTL drive ain't as complex as everybody thought(there's a mean and nasty sci-fi story called "The Raod Not Taken" that explores this idea...that essentially we Earthlings are retarded in that respect...)

Seemed to recall something of sorts.... makes us look like a big bunch of imbecile..

Actually, the fun part of the story is that the aliens have contra-gravity, but their most advanced weaponry is blackpowder muskets and cannon...and they're the most advanced people out there....
They're rudely surprised when their invasion is met by automatic weapons, tanks, radio-directed infantry tactics, helicopter gunships, and radar-guided missiles.... :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:The United-States starts WW2 by attacking Mexico, France the US ally attacks and successfully invades an unsuspecting England. China prepares to invade Japan. Stalin is a benovolent dictator and keeps Russia out of WW2. Germany and Japan align against the US, France and China to keep dimocracy and freedoms for every one on earth. Germany invades US soil to find out they are systematically slaughtering Afro-Americans. Japan prepares to fight off China's cruelity to the rest of the Asian peoples.

World War 1...the 'Zimmerman Telegram' is revealed to be true...and too late...and Mexico, setting aside any festering resentment of the last time the Germans/Austrians tried to conquer Mexico(Emperor Maximillian), invades the US ...German-supplied zeppelins roam the American Southwest, and Prussian agitators attempt to stir up trouble with the Native American Indians, supplying them with Mausers and Maxim machine guns....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are some more interesting ideas that keep flowing in.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:where've you been?..... :D

Probably been out taking over an alternate universe.....

The supposed megacontinent Pangaea never breaks up into separate continents.....

The Mississipi 'sea' never drains out....

Global Disaster----The explosion of Krakatoa triggers a massive eruption chain reaction along the 'Ring of Fire' plunging Earth into an ash-created 'nuclear winter'.....

Eight-foot tall women conquer the world....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Hitler dies in 1938 a few day after the Annexation of Czechovakin suddetenland,the New Leader Germany have a different strategy,das not make alliance with Japan,is netural when USSR invades Poland,2 years later USSR invades Turkey,UK and France seeing a danger to ther colonies in the Middle east declared war on Ussr.

In 1941 Japan attack Pearl harbor,US declared War on Japan.

In 2245 Germany declared War USSR,Drops atom bomb on Moscow,killing Stalin and invades it,US dropped 2 atom bombs on Japan,It Surrendered.

Strat of Cold War in between US and Germany.
taalismn
Priest

The Russians WIN the Sino-Japanese War, taking the wind out of the Communists' sails before the Revolution....Discredited at home, the samurai class fail to sway the Emperor to support them...

Lenin moves to the West and becomes a venture-capitalist...

Field Marshal Rommel personally surrenders early on in the war in North Africa(rather than Paulus surrendering in Russia), dealing the German war machine a major blow....

Ghandi survives the assassination attempt when another Hindu takes the bullet for him....He later goes on to reconcile the major religions of India and Pakistan...

Yeti declare a sovereign state in the Himalayas, after rescuing George Mallory from near-death on the mountains....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I was always sad that the allies never got to capture Rommel!

What if the Allies captured Rommel?

What if the Stoffenberg bomb worked?

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:Hoffa is till working the Unions.....

Actually, that might be true....if he faked his own death....

The HIndenburg never blew up and airships continued to dominate the air industry....somehow surviving WW2 as major presences in the skies....

After assisting the American Colonies against Britain, the French decide to invade North America instead and re-establish their own North American Empire(in the alternative, Napoleon does NOT agree to sell the Lousiana Purchase territories, and instead garrisons the Misssissipi River region with colonial troops....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Either that, or 'Cheeseburger' will never enter the English language(or at least the American form of it...).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The DWeller is actually a giant teddy bear-shaped alien intelligence intent on drowning the Universe in cuteness...those not attaining the required standard of 'cute' are forcibly 'converted' via eugneic surgery and brainwashing into the sort of kawaii-zombies that would make Bharnii cultists pale and run for the nearest escape-Rift.

Ben Franklin introduces Techno-Wizardry to the American Colonies....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”