What does Palladium have coming down the pipeline?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Re: What does Palladium have coming down the pipeline?

Unread post by Chronicle »

Mechanoids, but by now I am sure it can be considered still born. Seems a lot of people lost interest
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

That does not mean there cannot be new interest or renewed interest in the long neglected lines like Mechanoids.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Agreed.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Jorel wrote:You really expect them to just stop producing Dead Reign? Seams like that is one of their bigger sellers right now. Possibly better than Fantasy or Heroes.

Anything new is a big seller and last I heard the books have been more about random tables and such than real source material. That's not a book,. That's filler. make it downloadable online content to get it faster.

Make real books. 48 page splats that have no real source material are not books of note. Not in my opinion anyway.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Then if they are easier to produce and take almost no time off the release schedule I don't entirely see the harm if they are bringing in money with little extra effort. I think he cares less about them than say Heroes or Fantasy which I think he will want to spend time putting his own spin on things. Same with Robotech. He seems to have a quicker time editing those for the same reason I think. There is less interpretation as there is already existing material to compare against and until recently they weren't adding much fresh to the Robotech universe.

"The Devil's among us!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

They take time off regardless of how much. They are not really sourcebooks. They are splats. Mostly tables and stuff like that from what I have seen/heard. I don't buy "books" like that as I don't need or want pre made tables. I want setting material that I should get IN a sourcebook.

Besides there is only so much you can do with Zombies as well and I think that is coming to an end soon enough just like Robotech which STILL leaves the big three, two of which do not get enough love and haven't in a while....ESPECIALLY fantasy.

They do not support all their games so why bother even saying you will or ven try. Relegate them to online content of Rifters. Then you no longer have to worry about it beyond maybe doing a special compilation book of the material at a later date.

Rifts - 2 books
Fantasy - 1 book
Heroes - 1 book

There is your 4 a year. The company will have focus. The company would have goals that they can realistically achieve.

Mind you they also need to assign books for people to write not just take in what people feel like writing. That is why we do not have any true CS books (Chi-town, Iron Heart, Other) of any kind. That is why we do not have a Lazlo/New Lazlo book. That is why we don't have Old Kingdom. That is why we never got another "Century Station" like book.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

They don't really do anything as online releases. Not like entirely official releases. I don't see how they are just gonna up and change format overnight and become a digital publishing company. That is pretty far from the reality of where Palladium is actually at. They won't release old material as pdf, why are they gonna go out of their way to make new material as strictly pdf or web based or whatever you are suggesting? That makes the opposite of sense when I look at their current business model. You will likely be very disappointed for a long while if that is what you are waiting for.

"The Devil's among us!
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Jorel wrote:I wish Kevin were capable of delegating responsibility like that. We have yet to see it though.

He has in a little ways:

Bill Coffin
Jason Marker
Jeff Burke
and of course Erick Wujcik
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

So then just relegate it to the rifter, regardless the way they are going now does not work if they plan to actually regain any foothold at all and be successful not merely getting by.

\m/
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Tiree wrote:
Jorel wrote:I wish Kevin were capable of delegating responsibility like that. We have yet to see it though.

He has in a little ways:

Bill Coffin
Jason Marker
Jeff Burke

In the current lineup of freelance and in house artists. you are correct in all your previous people and we really have no clue what Jeff burke is doing, but I don't think it is heading the line of freelancers writing for Robotech. From what I can tell the only person currently writing on Robotech is Irvin, though I could be wrong on that front as well. We have seen Jeff A Burke doing art in the newest Northern Gun book so we know he is working on RRT and non Robotech art, but not so sure about any writing or directing or writers and that was what I meant. not art or art direction. And again still not sure what all he is contributing but it hasn't sped up the process any from the standpoint of the backers.

"The Devil's among us!
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Jorel wrote:
Tiree wrote:

He has in a little ways:

Bill Coffin
Jason Marker
Jeff Burke

In the current lineup of freelance and in house artists. you are correct in all your previous people and we really have no clue what Jeff burke is doing, but I don't think it is heading the line of freelancers writing for Robotech. From what I can tell the only person currently writing on Robotech is Irvin, though I could be wrong on that front as well. We have seen Jeff A Burke doing art in the newest Northern Gun book so we know he is working on RRT and non Robotech art, but not so sure about any writing or directing or writers and that was what I meant. not art or art direction. And again still not sure what all he is contributing but it hasn't sped up the process any from the standpoint of the backers.

I put Jeff Burke in there for the following reason: Kevin has stated he's basically the line director for RRT. Now that could also conceivably brought over to the RPG. He is a huge Robotech geek, and I believe he even has been mentioned in the fandome of Robotech and integrated into the lore.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I see RRT as a very different product than the RPG books, so until Kevin made that specific distinction, I wouldn't extend that to include Jeff overseeing the actual RPG books.

"The Devil's among us!
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I have said I don't plan on buying any new Palladium product until they get me some Palladium Fantasy or Heroes Unlimited.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

I think I would be a very happy pup if 'Wolfen Wars' gets a bit of traction along the way. My Palladium gaming days go back to 1989-1990 and my picking up Book IV & V (both of which eventually made their way into a significant chunk of 'Wolfen Empire'), along with my first Rifts books, and I get the feeling from what has come along about the Wolfen Empire and the Northern Wilderness that both are very dear to Kevin's heart; I know I get that feeling when I read what he's set up so far, so in regards to delegating responsiblity to another writer to do it...well, it's perhaps not all that realistic an expectation.

Freya and Empress forgive my impetuousness, I'd happily work on part of it, art and writing, if the way was clear, though!

-Boe.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Nightfactory wrote:I know that Bill Coffin apologized for his comments on RPG dot Net. Now, I wish he and Kevin could reconcile, because he was a powerhouse writer, rivaling even Carl Gleba.

Would love to see him back on board at Palladium.

I like Bill. He and I have had many friendly interactions in the past. That said, I think that ship has sailed. Both parties have gone their separate ways and have had their own successes to celebrate. I'm not saying that this couldn't happen, but I think that Palladium has a new and upcoming solid stable of writers and artists that will become very well known in the industry.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

there was gonna be that with Dani Harrison, Paul, Ringo, and one of John's kids...not sure if it was Julian or Sean.

"The Devil's among us!
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

BuzzardB wrote:Does Palladium have an average amount of books they release in a year?

With Certainty: 2 per year + 4 Rifters (Company magazine supporting all/most games)

With a little hope: 3 + 4 Rifters

With a lot of prayers, hope and a godsent miracle: 4 + 4 Rifters.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”