NG2 book of bigness.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Re: NG2 book of bigness.

Unread post by Razzinold »

random_username wrote:
Razzinold wrote:
Razzinold wrote:
random_username wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Still haven't seen; being north of the 49th. and having ONLY ONE STORE THAT CARRIES PALLDIUM PRODUCTS! (which, being the largest city in Canada is kinda pathetic)
I hope it is worth the $30+ (Can.) price tag.

In Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Hairy Tarantula (Downtown) and Hairy Tarantula (North) same company different locations both have separate stock of palladium books both new and used. Typically 30 to 40 new Rifts books and around 100 used Rifts books at each location. Will order in any requested books.

HT North frequently has several copies of the original "used" versions of Conversion Book One (which was later split into around 6 or so books). If you don't mind the older stats its a decent add-on book for variant stats or for those just starting/building their collection (main book + favorite book + CB1 original; or whatever).

http://www.htnorth.com

HT Downtown = easy subway access
HT North = end of subway line + minor walk or quick bus transfer.

Well seeing as how I would be coming in from Oshawa along the 401 HT North would be the easier one for me to get to, even though the website makes the downtown location more fun to visit (I've never been to either one). Perhaps I will check them out this weekend, maybe I can score NG1 & 2.

However I do recall in a previous thread about not being able to find a local store that carries product someone said that HT doesn't carry it either.

So I decided to check out Hairy Tarantula North this passed Sunday. They had an ok sized collection for old Palladium products, I believe newest book was World Book 23. It was mostly Rifters or duplicate copies of the same title, Vampire Kingdom (not the revised one), a sprinkling of Nightbane and PF. As for Northern Gun I had to ask at the counter since the new releases are kept at the front and I did not see it. I believe they had a copy of Dragons and Gods in the new release spot. They checked their computer and they only ordered one copy of NG1 and it has already been sold, they haven't even ordered NG2 yet.

Perhaps downtown has a better selection, but I would call first before going. The only reason I even went by is because I was already down at Ikea off Leslie street, so I just took Sheppard down to Yonge since I was so close.

Both HT locations tend to need to be seen in person to have any sense of their stock types/quantities.

HT-North:
Tends to have 1 or 2 sections for New Rifts (two low height book shelves back-to-back) depending upon their current inventory organization. Their Used section tends to be in the full height book shelves which may also include any boxes on the floor in front or nearby (they restructure / reorganize fairly frequently). You may need to have the HT-North manager (female) (rather than the male regional/both stores manager) point out all of the current locations (tends to be the only one who knows where they all are).
They also tend to have 3 plain boxes containing a total of around 200 to 300 old rifts pewter figurines (nothing fancy just some of the basic): borgs, rogues/scouts, cyber-adventures, dog boys, skele bots, brodkil/witchling, and the simvan on dinosaur. These are usually located on the lower shelves in the miniatures section.

HT-Downtown:
Bizarre single door entry way wedged between two other small stores with lousy signage. Leads up a set of stairs leading to another plain door. New Palladium/Rifts books tend to be around 6 feet in and to the left of this inner door on the mid to lower shelves. Used ones tend to be in boxes on tables in the back room (to the right of inner door). The furthest/last row on the table. Again they restructure / reorganize fairly frequently.
For an interesting side-track they have a half-blocked side room dedicated to fairly obscure miniatures of many types. Left side/slightly behind the cash register area however HT-Downtown does not typically have any Rifts miniatures.

Tends to be the only known of retailer of Rifts products in Toronto. Which is almost weird for a city of 2.5 million people. Others have done so in the past but these have either narrowed their product focus, gone out of business, and so forth.

Well it was the girl who looked up about Northern Gun for me, not sure if she was the manager but she wasn't very tall and had kind of like a short pixie cut. I will admit I did't look in any boxes in front of the shelves, just the book cases.

I plan on going again when I have more time, it was 4:00 and we hadn't had lunch and wanted to get started home so we could make dinner.

Plus the little one's breathing was a little ragged and she was exhausted so she mostly sat at one of the tables while the older one and I poked around. She ended up getting a new yu gi oh novel.
Blastaar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Home of the Xiticix...
Hudsons Wheigh is located near my actual home of Gillam and not Gitlam

Unread post by Blastaar »

I love the book, had to order it in though
only one typo I found but it was easily forgettable.
and some updated information on some of the previous released NG items ( ie. redhawk armor)
way better than some other rpg books where I had part of the dm in place of the players handbook...
Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

for sometime my WIFE and Her girl squad haven't played with us which bring a very Fun and interesting group dynamics to the group and newest member to join the Girl squad is my 11 year old daughter ( Girl power ) if you know what i mean , they are a group of small but powerful female pilots which use ONLY dedicated female power armored suits !!! from free Quebec and add to their squads from NG1 and NG2 and recent add TW abilities
they hate the CS
they love more NG2 book then free Quebec book!!!
this has me HUH ?? any wish to help me understand this ???!?!?!?!?! i dot know why
it a very well done book IMHO
plz comment on this need help with this
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Blastaar wrote:I love the book, had to order it in though
only one typo I found but it was easily forgettable.
and some updated information on some of the previous released NG items ( ie. redhawk armor)
way better than some other rpg books where I had part of the dm in place of the players handbook...

There are a couple minor editor hiccups but nothing out of the ordinary in any book. Two funny ones are the coyote and I believe night reaper restrained punch damage is listed as 6d6 MDC when its pretty clearly supposed to be 6d6 SDC. One of the vehicles has a weapon listed as 46 damage. I have to assume that was supposed to be 4d6 and last one I have seen is the grease monkey for the nuclear version costs 1.3 credits haahaha. From the context there is no question what the actual cost is but made me chuckle on the first read through.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Are there any new maps in NG2? I'm just curious if I need to update the one I made.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

George Labour wrote:I just realized something about the Pit Fighter power armor. If you look at the entry for its giant chainsaw vibro sword it states it's about 7 feet long, and is useable with one hand if you're strong enough.

Now color me purple and call me crazy but doesn't that sounds like the (unstatted) chainsword being wielding by the full conversion cyborg in Rifts: Ultimate Edition? You know, the one that was just done because it looked neat but otherwise never got actual stats as a weapon.

actually if you read the fluff bit fully it flat out says it was originally created for combat cyborgs...
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Nightfactory wrote:- Northern Gun 2, p96-97, Forester Power Armor, weapon #3, vibro-chainsaw

4D6 MD per slashing attack. Power strike (pressing hard against the target): 1D4x10 MD, but counts as two melee attacks. RoF: Each cutting actions counts as one melee attack. Range: Melee combat.

Hand held version stated out in the Thunder Hound. Sadly no cost is listed.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

I can't believe that someone doesn't want a book based on gear?

I want to go to bed at night with this book tucked under my pillow... :o

As a GM, I think a majority of the World Books have been dedicated to story...it's about time we added a few items to the mix. Players (as I've surprisingly found) absolutely love to shop for gear.

If maybe 3-4 books were released in a row...that only included "shopping lists", I'd be a bit "miffed", but this is a nice balance (and yes...this books does present some story elements).

Thanks Palladium!!!!
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."

Return to “Rifts®”