Monstrous Creations

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Monstrous Creations

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Thathurla wrote:This site has some info on the Lamia. http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Lamia

Cool. I will check it out.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I've been away but I'm back with something amusing.

RATATOSK

It is said the Northern God Locknar is a friend to all Faerie Folk who recognize him as kindred
spirit and love on any world. Among his most trusted allies are the mischievous
Faerie folks called the Rataoski. They look like an ordinary red northern squirrel, but these
obnoxious creatures are indeed faerie. If they so choose, they can take on a partial humanoid
form that retains squirrel features. These faeries are native to Odguard, but ever since the
union of the Wolfen Empire, they’ve been appearing throughout the Northern Wilderness. Some
have even stowed away on Bizantium ships and made their ways to the island kingdom. For the
most part, the disposition of Ratatosk is equal to common faeries, only they are more than
harmless pranksters. They are gossipers, anything they overhear they retell to anyone,
especially secrets and anything that will compromise a position or location. The canine races
and most of the inhabitants of the Northern Wilderness are well aware that Ratatosk practice
slanderous gossip, so anything they say must be ignored. But to anyone lost in the woods
and/or unaware of their mischievous nature, they might seem like friendly aids, looking to help
those in need. This is a far cry from the truth. Ratatosk seem to have only one goal in mind, to
laugh at the expense of others, especially if the individual comes to harm or embarrassment
and they are the cause. Many travel has enter the Northern Wilderness to observe a strange
site indeed, an enraged man climbing up a tree chasing after a red squirrel, all the while the
rodent appears to be laughing at the man and shouting insults.

R.C.C.: Faerie Folk
Alignments: Anarchist only
The Eight Attributes: I.Q. 3D6+2, M.E. 2D6, M.A. 3D6+2, P.S. 1D6, P.P. 3D6+6, P.E. 2D6,
P.B. 3D6, Spd 4D6 running (+10 when climbing in tree).
Natural A.R.: 6
Hit Points: P.E. attribute x2.
S.D.C.: 3D6
Horror Factor/Awe: 8
P.P.E.: 1D6x100, plus can automatically draw on the P.P.E. around them from ley lines
and nexus points.
Appearance: They will appear as a ordinary red northern squirrel or their true form is a tiny
humanoid with muddle, small pointed ears on top of the head, body covered in
red-brown fur, except for the face and bottom of hands and feet. Have a large
prominent fluffy tail. Their haunches and legs are squirrel like.
R.C.C. Skills: Climbing 98%, identify plants & fruits 90%, dowsing 80%, jesting 85%,
pick pocket 80%, imitate voice & sounds 90%, wilderness survival, 80%, land navigation 90%,
astronomy & navigation 75%, prowl 80%, ventriloquism 80%, sing 65%, and dance 70%.
Natural Abilities: Understand and speak all languages at 98%, superior acrobats
and sense of balance (98%), nightvision 60 feet (18.2 m), hawk like day vision (see a
rabbit on a hill side two miles (3.2 km) away, jump 100 feet (30.4 m) across and land
safely on a twig, superior sense of hearing, and metamorphosis into a red squirrel.
Attacks Per Melee: Two physical hand to hand attacks or three using magic.
Bonuses: +3 on initiative, +2 to strike, +3 to dodge, +5 to auto dodge when in a tree,
+3 to roll with punch, +6 to save vs. Horror Factor, and +2 to save on all
saving throws.
Vulnerabilities: Same means used to protect oneself from all faerie folk.
Magic Spells: Grow Plants, Track, Animate Plants, Repel Animals, Mend Wood,
Extinguish Fire, Charm, and Luck Curse. Like all faerie magic requires a saving throw
vs. magic of 16 or higher and has the spell strength, duration, range, and damage equal to
a 10th level wizard/warlock.
Psionics: None.
Value: Their pelt is worth 10,000-20,000 gold.
Average Life Span: Immortal until slain.
Habitat: Dense forests and woods.
Range: Great Northern Wilderness and Northern Hinterlands, Can be found in Disputed Lands
of the Eastern Territory and Bizantium.
Language: See above.
Enemies: Hocknar hates them with a passion. He will destroy one on site (a victim of one
to many pranks). Anyone who’s been at the bad end of one of their little jokes.
Allies: Locknar and all Faerie Folk. They are indifferent when it comes to mortals. They all
are poltential victims of pranks and mischief.
Size: 7.5 to 9 in (19 to 23 cm) long or tall. Their tail is an additional 5.9 to 7.9 inches (15
to 20 cm).
Weight: 8.8 to 12 lbs (250 to 340 g)
Note: They never wear clothes or armor. They never use of faerie size weapons.
They live in groups of 2D6 and associate with all type of faerie folk. Love making faerie
food especially nut types.
Last edited by Reagren Wright on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Nicely done, Reagren!

Lamia
Unlike the magical Naga they resemble, Lamia are not a natural race but a type of undead creature. Lamia are humanoids, typically women, cursed to serve dark forces and survive by drinking blood of the living. Their lower bodies resemble the bodies of snakes.
Alignments: Evil
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 3d6, M.A. 3d6, P.S. 4d6, P.P. 3d6, P.E. 3d6, P.B. 4d6, Spd 6d6+10
Size: Females are typically 8-10 feet long and weigh 420 to 680 pounds; males are typically 10-12 feet long and weigh 700 to 960 pounds.
Natural A.R.: 9
Hit Points: P.E.X3 (must consume 1d6 Hit Points per day minimum)
S.D.C.: 6d6
Horror Factor: 14
Natural Abilities: Bite does 2d6 Hit Point damage. Leap 12 feet, impervious to disease, poisons and toxins. Nightvision 200 feet.
Magic: Charm, mesmerism, communicate with snakes, summon snakes, tongues
Psionics: None
Combat: Three physical or two by magic.
Bonuses: +4 initiative, +6 to strike, +2 parry, +6 dodge, +2 pull punch, +4 roll with impact, immune to horror factor, +2 to saving throws.
Vulnerabilities: Loses 1 Hit Point per minute when exposed to sunlight.
Range: Western Empire and Baalgor Wastelands.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

MT-NME wrote:This has been rolling around in my head for awhile. Let me know what you think.

the Grey Elves
The Grey Elves are interdimensional travelers of time and space. A few have become stranded on the Palladium World. They are fascinated by magic, their own world being completely devoid of it.
Grey Elf RCC
Alignment: Any, typically Anarchist
Attributes: IQ 3D6+5 ME 3D6 MA 2D6 PS 2D6 PP 3D6+5 PE 2D6 PB 2D6 SPD 4D6
Hit Points: PE + 1D6 per level
SDC: 10 plus OCC and skill bonuses
PPE: None! Magic is completely foreign and unnatural to them. IF magic is learned they can use their ISP in place of PPE to fuel their spells
ISP: Base of 6D6+PE!
OCC: Any, except clergy. They favor psionic classes and avoid magic classes
HF: 5 due to their inhuman appearance
Physical Appearance: Very tall, inhumanly thin, an almond shaped head, large dark almond shaped eyes, ears are long and pointed, small thin mouth, no nose, no hair, pale blue skin. Males and females are virtually indistinguishable.
Height: 7-8 feet
Weight: 150-250 lbs.
Life Span: Unknown, they dont remember the last time one of them died of natural causes.
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 100 ft, can see in total darkness, natural psionic talent, extremely double-jointed (+50% to escape artist) Special: Energy Conversion: Through practice and concentration, they are able to draw upon the ambient PPE reserves of ley lines, enchanted items, (even people!) They can then use it as ISP! Conversion rate is 3 PPE for every 1 ISP.
Base 25% +3 per level. A penalty of 15% is imposed for drawing from an unwilling source.
Magic: by OCC only, magic is unnatural to them so all spells will take twice as long to learn, and cost 50% more PPE, and all effects are reduced by 25%
Psionics: They are considered major psionics and automatically have Sense Magic, Telepathy, Empathy, Meditation, Empathetic Transmission, Mind Block Auto-Defense, and Telemechanics
Enemies & Allies: They are such a recent arrival to the world, they have yet to make any friends or foes.
Habitat: Another Dimension! They have been encountered in very few places, but have made contact with many of the major civilizations, mainly Humans (and their allies) and Wolfen.
Favorite Weapons: None, but they are fascinated by magical items and weapons.
Other Notes: NEVER worship any deities. In their travels across the Megaverse, they have come to realize that Gods do not exist, only more and more powerful beings.
Males tend to wear tight fitting clothes, while females lean towards loose billowing garments.

I'm new to the posts so don't judge me too harshly lol.

Do they have the ability to travel back in time to change things in the palladium world?

Whether or not they do, I know that for me time travel would cause some real problems in my game, so I won’t use them. However it is a good concept and I’m sure someone else could have a lot of fun with them.

I have an idea for a companion type creature. I have to check on it make sure there are no copy right issues, then I'll see about posting it.
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Back for a brief moment. Those not familiar with my long time post in Heroes Unlimited know I
convert 1st editions NPCs to 2nd editions. And imagine my surprise when I realize Cardinal Anhur
Mykll on the Isle of the Cyclops stats were left out of Adventure on the High Seas 2nd edition.
They have the stats for the Royal Cyclope family and the Za, but he got left out. So while I
know he's not a major villain for most campaigns, but if anyone wants some stats for him, here
they are for you to use.

CARDINAL ANHUR-MYKLL

Occupation: Cardinal of the Church of Light and Dark in the city of Clypss
Alignment: Miscreant
R.C.C.: Spinx
Experience Level: 10th level Scholar and 6th level Wizard
Hit Points: 79 S.D.C.: 110
Natural Armor Rating: A.R.:10.
P.P.E.: 267 Horror Factor: 17
Appearance: A huge, hulking sphinx (a winged lion with a humanoid face). He wears the
symbols of the Church of Light and Dark.
Attributes: I.Q. 19, M.E. 17, M.A. 13, P.S. 26, P.P. 18, P.E. 19, Spd. 18 running/90 (63
mph/101.4 km), P.B. 17
Age: 1100, Sex: Male, Height: 5 foot (1.52 m), Length: 9 feet (2.74
m) plus tail, Wingspan: 20 feet (6.0 m), Weight: 1700 lbs (765 kg).
Natural Abilities: Never tires when flying, Nightvision 120 feet (36.6 m0, knee nightsight,
keen hawk like vision, prowl 60%, track by sight 77%, swim 40%, normal leap 30 feet (9 m)
high or lengthwise, and flight assisted leap 200 feet (61 m) up or across. Can magically
understand and speak all languages.
Spell Magic: All 1st and 2nd level spells, tongues, fleet feet, fly as the eagle, mask of
deceit, invisibility: superior, armor of ithan, words of truth, breathe without air, fireball, life
drain, control the beast, negate magic, impenetrable wall of force, heal self, metamorphosis:
human, metamorphosis: superior, heal others, seal, and calm storm. Spell Strength s-14.
Combat Training: None
Attacks per Melee: 4
Combat Bonuses: +2 to initiative, +5 to strike, +5 to parry, +5 to dodge/+9 in flight, +11
to damage, +2 to roll with punch/fall, +2 to pull punch.
Saving Throws: +10 to save vs. Horror Factor, +8% to save vs. coma/death, +6 to save
vs. magic, +2 to save vs. poison, +3 to save vs. psionics, and +2 to all other saves.
Combat Skills: Claws 3D6+4, Bite 2D6.
Skills of Note: Mathematics: Basic 98%, Lore: Magic, Geomancy, Religion, Faerie Folk,
Custom & Culture: Western Empire and Isle of Cyclops 98%, Holistic Medicine 85%/75%, History
98%, Anthropology (Giants and Humans) 98%, Public Speaking 95%, Bartering 75%, Intelligence
64%, Lore: Demon & Monster 85%, Recognize Magic 55%, Recognize Enchantment 70%, and
Scroll Conversion 25%.
Money: He has the wealth of the Isle of Cyclops at his disposal.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Thanks, Reagren!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I really want to write more of these but have lacked inspiration. Hopefully I will post some more soon. Anything that anyone would like to see?
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I really want to write more of these but have lacked inspiration. Hopefully I will post some more soon. Anything that anyone would like to see?

Stats for a golden eagle and mongoose, would help me. Prehaps more creatures that can be mounts would also be most helpful. A large cat that likes to be petted, brushed, and is protective of those which are kind to it. Friendly to all, but those who harm its "servants" (it is a cat after all!).
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

pblackcrow wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I really want to write more of these but have lacked inspiration. Hopefully I will post some more soon. Anything that anyone would like to see?

Stats for a golden eagle and mongoose, would help me. Prehaps more creatures that can be mounts would also be most helpful. A large cat that likes to be petted, brushed, and is protective of those which are kind to it. Friendly to all, but those who harm its "servants" (it is a cat after all!).

So maybe a battle cat sort of thing? I will see what I can come up with.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

So maybe a battle cat sort of thing? I will see what I can come up with.[/quote]

That is what I was trying to work on, it was a kitten that would love to be taken care of, but it could transform into a large battle cat. The kitten would be the size of a household kitten, and would be the colors of the large cat it turned into.

Example: Black kitten = Panther
Orange or White with black stripes = Tiger
Yellow/Gold with/Without a fuzzy head = Male or female lion
etc...

I haven't figured out the stats and I heard that it might be some where in D&D but haven't found it yet, could someone let me know if there is something.
pblackcrow
Champion

Not quite what I had in mind, but that's a thought. Uh, question though...what kind of battle cat are we talking about? Like a switch cat from Rifter 21 (I think) or a mount from He-Man?

Maybe, He-Man since I did ask from mounts. But maybe not.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

pblackcrow wrote:Not quite what I had in mind, but that's a thought. Uh, question though...what kind of battle cat are we talking about? Like a switch cat from Rifter 21 (I think) or a mount from He-Man?

Maybe, He-Man since I did ask from mounts. But maybe not.

I didn't think of the He-Man cat, that could work too, I don't have and Rifters, only Palladium Fantasy RPG. What I was talking about was a kitten that would morph into a large predetory cat that would fight for a perticular character, it could also understand simple commands like; attack, guard, fetch, fallow, etc
pblackcrow
Champion

TheGameMaster wrote:I didn't think of the He-Man cat, that could work too, I don't have and Rifters, only Palladium Fantasy RPG. What I was talking about was a kitten that would morph into a large predetory cat that would fight for a perticular character, it could also understand simple commands like; attack, guard, fetch, fallow, etc

Right...That would be a "Switch Cat". You may want to d/l a copy of Rifter 21 from http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com . There's a link to the palladium products on Palladium's main page. That's not exactly what I had in mind, but I guess that would work, well, for the most part anyway.

But I had envisioned a large "war cat" I would never turn on those who are being good to it, recognizes friends, that would willingly wear armor and attack people...yes, they made it. http://www.ancients.info/forums/showthread.php?t=2279 .

But as a mount, uh, yeah that would work too I guess. Oh, check out the new concepts http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sho ... p?t=162507
http://www.toycutter.com/2009/07/humano ... verse.html
Ankh, udja, seneb.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

pblackcrow wrote:
TheGameMaster wrote:I didn't think of the He-Man cat, that could work too, I don't have and Rifters, only Palladium Fantasy RPG. What I was talking about was a kitten that would morph into a large predetory cat that would fight for a perticular character, it could also understand simple commands like; attack, guard, fetch, fallow, etc

Right...That would be a "Switch Cat". You may want to d/l a copy of Rifter 21 from http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com . There's a link to the palladium products on Palladium's main page. That's not exactly what I had in mind, but I guess that would work, well, for the most part anyway.

But I had envisioned a large "war cat" I would never turn on those who are being good to it, recognizes friends, that would willingly wear armor and attack people...yes, they made it. http://www.ancients.info/forums/showthread.php?t=2279 .

But as a mount, uh, yeah that would work too I guess. Oh, check out the new concepts http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sho ... p?t=162507
http://www.toycutter.com/2009/07/humano ... verse.html

Yeah, the never turn on those being good to it, recognizing friends thing would be part of what I was talking about, for me the armor was optional
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

If they are already written up somewhere, I guess there is no real need to do them here, unless someone wants to see how else they might be written up.
pblackcrow
Champion

Yes, actually, I would.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Well, I will be writing something and have it posted by this weekend.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Battikas

Battikas are magically created creatures which resemble housecats in their normal form, but which transform to larger beasts when needed, usually in protection of their family or adopted caretakers , or at the command of their caretakers. They are intelligent animals and live in groups.
Battikas mate for life and are extremely affectionate and loving. The cat will stop at nothing to avenge the death of those they protect. They typically live in pairs or small families with 1d4 young (the kittens often being adopted by new caretakers before the age of 3; otherwise they will go off on their own and risk death trying to find new caretakers if not adopted by the existing caretakers). Due to their need to conserve energy, they cannot transform for more than a few hours per day. Due to this fact, they fear larger predators and have come to relay on their caretakers, with unmated young will die if not adopted by new caretakers.
As protectors, they sit and watch visitors to their homes, and will sit close to their caretakers, sometimes even settling into their laps, to protect their caretakers. They will only transform and attack if they or their young are threatened, or if their caretakers are attacked or endangered. Rarely, they have been known to allow themselves to be ridden into battle, but only when there is no other option.

Alignment: Any, but usually principled.
Attributes: I.Q. 2d6, M.E. 3d6, M.A. 3d6, P.S. 1d6 (3d6 when transformed), P.P. 4d6, P.E. 2d6 (4d6 when transformed), P.B. 3d6, Spd 16, but with bursts of Speed of 22 for 1d4 minutes (Spd 22 when transformed, with burst of Speed of 50 for 1d4 minutes)
Hit Points: 4d6+10
S.D.C.: 2d6 (4d6+10 when transformed)
P.P.E.: 1d4X10
Size: 1 and 1/4 to 3 and 1/4 feet, plus tail: 12 inches (4 and 1/4 to 6 and 1/2 feet when transformed)
Weight: 6-15 pounds (125-200 pounds when transformed)
Natural A.R.: None (6 when transformed)
Horror Factor: None (8 when transformed)
Natural Abilities: Identify tracks 80%, track by sight (animals and humanoids) 80%, track by smell 50%, prowl 70%, swim 40%, climb 90%, leap 5 feet high and 6 feet long (twice that when transformed), Nightvision 60 feet.
Damage: Claws do 1d4 damage (2d4+4 when transformed), bite does 2 points of damage (1d6+2 when transformed)
Bonuses: +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 dodge, +6 Save vs. Horror Factor
Magic: None except transformation.
Habitat: Domesticated animal unable to live in the wild, kept as pets.
Languages: Can understand comands from caretakers and communicate in a cat-like fashion with each other.
Enemies: Larger animal predators when not transformed; otherwise, none per se.
Allies: The people who adopt them and become their caretakers, typically humans, elves, gnomes and dwarves.
Value: 200 gold as pets.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Battikas

Battikas are magically created creatures which resemble housecats in their normal form, but which transform to larger beasts when needed, usually in protection of their family or adopted caretakers , or at the command of their caretakers. They are intelligent animals and live in groups.
Battikas mate for life and are extremely affectionate and loving. The cat will stop at nothing to avenge the death of those they protect. They typically live in pairs or small families with 1d4 young (the kittens often being adopted by new caretakers before the age of 3; otherwise they will go off on their own and risk death trying to find new caretakers if not adopted by the existing caretakers). Due to their need to conserve energy, they cannot transform for more than a few hours per day. Due to this fact, they fear larger predators and have come to relay on their caretakers, with unmated young will die if not adopted by new caretakers.
As protectors, they sit and watch visitors to their homes, and will sit close to their caretakers, sometimes even settling into their laps, to protect their caretakers. They will only transform and attack if they or their young are threatened, or if their caretakers are attacked or endangered. Rarely, they have been known to allow themselves to be ridden into battle, but only when there is no other option.

Alignment: Any, but usually principled.
Attributes: I.Q. 2d6, M.E. 3d6, M.A. 3d6, P.S. 1d6 (3d6 when transformed), P.P. 4d6, P.E. 2d6 (4d6 when transformed), P.B. 3d6, Spd 16, but with bursts of Speed of 22 for 1d4 minutes (Spd 22 when transformed, with burst of Speed of 50 for 1d4 minutes)
Hit Points: 4d6+10
S.D.C.: 2d6 (4d6+10 when transformed)
P.P.E.: 1d4X10
Size: 1 and 1/4 to 3 and 1/4 feet, plus tail: 12 inches (4 and 1/4 to 6 and 1/2 feet when transformed)
Weight: 6-15 pounds (125-200 pounds when transformed)
Natural A.R.: None (6 when transformed)
Horror Factor: None (8 when transformed)
Natural Abilities: Identify tracks 80%, track by sight (animals and humanoids) 80%, track by smell 50%, prowl 70%, swim 40%, climb 90%, leap 5 feet high and 6 feet long (twice that when transformed), Nightvision 60 feet.
Damage: Claws do 1d4 damage (2d4+4 when transformed), bite does 2 points of damage (1d6+2 when transformed)
Bonuses: +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 dodge, +6 Save vs. Horror Factor
Magic: None except transformation.
Habitat: Domesticated animal unable to live in the wild, kept as pets.
Languages: Can understand comands from caretakers and communicate in a cat-like fashion with each other.
Enemies: Larger animal predators when not transformed; otherwise, none per se.
Allies: The people who adopt them and become their caretakers, typically humans, elves, gnomes and dwarves.
Value: 200 gold as pets.

Looks great, I will use them in one of my next games if you don't mind. I wish I could come up with some others, but right now the best I could do is look through some of my Brother-in-law's D&D books and convert some of the creatures to PFRPG stats. Don't know if I should do that though.
pblackcrow
Champion

1 thing I have to disagree with...unable to live in the wild. Absolutely NO cat is ever truly domestic. No matter how used to humans they get they can survive with out us. But otherwise, looks okay.

I am of the opinion that we need more things that you can ride. Things can fly, run fast, swim, teleport (limit both the times it can and how far it can), etc.

Uh, I would like to see some stats on something like Shirshu...The Gigantic, blind, anteater, thing from the Avatar cartoon. That thing could smell like a scent hound and has a spiked tongue with paralyzing effects. Basically, what I'm saying is I would like to see a bit more creatures that are useful to have. New mounts, mongooses, etc. Things to give a PC a bit of a brake.

And guys, please note that I did say, "something like". So, please spare me the lecture about requesting copyrighted materials on the boards. I was simply using Shirshu as a basis to illustrate a point.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

I didn't think of that! The Shirshu would be a wicked mount. Maybe even something like the rhinos and those lizards that princess Azula and her group were riding. Another cool thing would be something like Silver wing from Quest for Camolat. I mean, semi intellegent like animals would make awsome companions.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Here's something for you that i came up with... taken from a little known comic book I read as a kid... can anyone guess the title? :twisted:

Banahii

Size:10-13 ft tall Weight:500-650 lbs
IQ:1d6+2 ME:2d6 MA:1d6 PS:4d6+10 PP:3d6+6 PE:3d6+6 PB:1d6 Spd:2d6
Natural AR:10
Hit Points:PE+1d6x10
SDC:1d6x10+20
Bonuses(in addition to attribute bonuses):+5 Strike, +4 Parry/Dodge, +6 Damage, +2 Initiative
Attacks per Melee:5; Restrained punch:2d6 dmg, Full Strength Punch:4d6 dmg, Power Punch(Counts as 2 attacks):1d6x10 dmg, Bite:1d10 dmg
Description: The Banahii (pronounced bah-NAH-hee) is a massive ape-like creature with light, cream colored fur covering every inch of its body except for the bottoms of its feet and it massive hands, the skin there being a light to medium tan color, the nails thick and yellowed. Its face is a horrid sight to look upon as it is basically like a flattened ape face with large, red-rimmed yellowish eyes, pug nose just barely poking out from its flattened face, and a mouthful of protruding yellowed snaggle teeth. The arms of the creature are long and spindly, roughly 10 ft long themselves often long enough to let their hands drag along the ground as its relatively stubby legs propel it along in an odd shambling side to side gait. Overall the creature seems rather harmless, dragging it's large hands along on its thin arms. Some might even say comical.
However, nothing could be further from the truth. The Banahii's true strength lies in its' arms as they are capable of stretching up to 3 times their normal length to strike their prey at range with an incredibly powerful punch capable of shattering stone, shield and bone with equal ease, and granting them an rather astounding surprise attack if they can catch their prey unawares.
The only real weakness of the creature is to deny it it's fearsome reach advantage in melee combat, either by staying too far away for it to reach, or getting in too close for it to effectively employ its devastating Power Punch, which can only be used against opponents at ranges of 15 feet or greater.
Habitat: The Banahii have, so far, only recently been discovered in the Land of the Damned in any numbers, and Western slavers are having a devil of a time trying to hunt them down, seeing them as great attractions for the arenas.
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Hmmmmmm... time for another new monster!!
Ladies and gentlemen, I present for your consideration;

Sarrbor
Alignment: considered Anarchist or even Miscreant
Attributes:IQ:1d6+2 ME:3d6 MA:1d6 PS:4d6 PP:4d6+5 PE:4d6 PB:1d4 SPD:4d6+10
Hit Points:PE+5d6+10
SDC:1d6x10+15
Natural AR:12
PPE:3d6
Size:3-4.5 feet
Weight:120-160 lbs
Horror Factor:15
Bonuses(in addition to attribute bonuses): +4 strike, +4 parry/dodge, +6 damage, +4 initiative, +2 on all saving throws
Attacks per melee: 6; Claws:2d6 dmg, Bite:1d6 dmg *Note: Claw damage also applies to clawed feet in kicks
Natural Abilities: Climb:98%, Prowl:80%, Nightvision 60 feet, In combat the creature scores a Critical strike on a natural roll of 17-20, Natural Acrobatics skill equal to 90% proficiency with leaps measuring 10 feet high and 15 feet across, Impervious to Horror/Awe Factor whether natural or Magically/Psionically induced
Magic: None
Description: The Sarborr is a short wiry humanoid with pale blotchy green skin, stringy black hair growing in a narrow strip from its head down along its back, beady black eyes and slightly over long arms ending in large 3-fingered hands tipped with wicked razor sharp talons. Its feet are taloned as well and fully prehensile. It walks with a quick loping motion, much like a gorilla, using it's knuckles as much as its feet to move along the ground. However the creature is primarily arboreal, living much of its life in the trees, dropping to the ground only when hunting or when a tree is too far to leap or swing to.
The Sarborr's attack strategy is brilliantly simple. It quietly stalks its prey from the treetops until it feels it can catch it unawares. It then drops down onto its prey, latches onto its shoulders with its clawed prehensile feet, then rips and tears at its prey until the victim stops twitching. Since roughly 98% of all living creatures have their brains in their heads, this is a perfect world for the Sarborr. It is an absolutely fearless combatant, attacking creatures 3 and 4 times their size without the slightest hesitation. Even fire is not an effective deterrent, merely seeming to enrage them further in their attacks.. Even on the ground, a Sarborr is a fearsome opponent, using its powerful legs and taloned feet in vicious leap attacks. And because its feet are prehensile it can employ them in combat as effectively as their hands.
Sarborrs tend to be solitary hunters, coming together to either mate or attack particularly large prey, like True Giants or even young Dragons.
Their habitat is usually temperate jungles, such as the Yin-Sloth Jungles or the Land of the Damned. The Western Empire has only recently discovered them and they have made a huge hit in the arenas. So far, all attempts at taming them(very few to be honest, but it's been tried) have failed miserably, resulting in the death or maiming of the tamer.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Here we are kids! Another cute and cuddly critter to sic on your unsuspecting players!

Sakill
Alignment: Considered Anarchist
Attributes: IQ:1d6+1 ME:2d6 MA:1d6 PS:1d6+4 PP:5d6 PE:2d6 PB:1d6+1 SPD:2d6+5
Hit Points: PE+5d6
SDC: 1d6x5
PPE: 4d6
Natural AR: 10
Size: 2-4 feet long
Weight: up to 10 lbs
Horror Factor: 12 (17 if encountering a nest of 20 or more)
Bonuses (in addition to attribute bonuses): +5 Initiative, +5 Strike, +2 Parry, +8 Dodge Note: The Sakill's Dodge is an Auto-Dodge
Attacks per Melee: 4; Claw Arms: 1d10 dmg, Bite: 1d4 dmg, Paired Claw Arm attack: 4d6 dmg+ Special (see below, uses 2 attacks)
Natural abilities: Climb: 95%, Prowl: 95%, Swim: 75%, Thermal sense (similar to some snakes): 60', Extremely acute sense of smell; Track by scent: 70%, Body is very sensitive to vibrations on the ground and in the air (this thing is like a living motion detector); Track by "feel": 85%, Very poor Dayvision and Nightvision: about 30' for Day, half that for Night
Magic: None
Description: At a glance the Sakill looks like an average snake up to 4 feet long and a dull purple in color with a darker purple, almost black, tiger-stripe pattern running the length of its slender body. A closer look reveals a pair of over large tusks protruding from the bottom front edge of its mouth, much like a wild boar, just with a more pronounced curve. About 6 inches down the body from the head, a pair of spindly little arms that end in large, scythe like forearms lined with a hard bony ridge along the inside edges. it is with these that the Sakill attacks its prey.
It normally slithers along the ground, eating whatever it can catch. It hunts by feeling the vibration all around it until it can pinpoint the source. It then climbs to the highet point it can reach and patiently waits. As the victim crosses below it, the creature silently drops down onto the back of his chosen victims' shoulders/neck area, and attempts to drive both of its claw arms into the victims ears with a lightning quick thrust. Despite the creature's obvious lack of strength, this savage be attack can, and will, puncture a full armor plate helmet, and could most likely cause immediate death! (the damage listed above for this attack goes directly to hit points) If the victim somehow manages to survive the attack, the Sakill is in serious trouble. On the ground this creature is a poor combatant, and can be very easy to kill. It's just surviving that first, and potentially last, attack that makes them so difficult to beat.
Habitat: Sakills dwell in forests adound the world, primarily the Yin-Sloth Jungles, Land of the Damned, and the southernmost reaches of the Northern Wilderness. They are fond of hunting singly or in pairs, though one could stumble upon a nest up to 50 strong (roll % -1/2). Sakills ALWAYS nest in trees, usually along a specific area where there would be a lot of traffic on the ground down below as a ready food supply.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The Sakill looks awesome!
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:The Sakill looks awesome!

Thanks. My players stumbled across a small nest of these little buggers (about a dozen) during an adventure along the edges of the Land of the Damned. No fatal casualties on the part of our intrepid heroes, but some serious damage was inflicted and kept them looking to the trees for the rest of the trip.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I have an idea for a riding bird which I will be trying to write up at some poing this week. I have just been procrastinating.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Haven't posted any new beasties on here in a while... I think it's about time I do.

Plague Zombie
No one really knows the origin of these foul undead, though rumors abound of a mad mage's ritual going horribly wrong, or possibly even right depending on how evil he may have been. Others attribute them to some ancient Necromantic ritual and still more believe they are just another heretofor unknown strain of undead beast. Whatever their origin, it is universally agreed that they are a very dangerous threat and must be eliminated at all costs.
For all intents and purposes the Plague Zombie is identical to its standard counterpart with a few key differences;
First, they are stronger and faster, possessing a PS of 25, PP of 17 and a SPD of 20.
Secondly, they're tougher with a HP/SDC of 250 and they still regenerate within 48 hours.
Third, they are far more aggressive. Standard Zombies are generally capable of performing mundane labor tasks and assisting their Master as well as engaging in combat. The Plague Zombie is barely capable of anything beyond being a killing machine.
Finally, and perhaps most notably, is that they are contagious. Anyone suffering from a Plague Zombie's bite attack is effectively doomed to become one themselves. In combat a Plague Zombie will attemt to bite his victim as often as possible. Particularly difficult opponents may be beaten down with more mundane attacks before a bite is attempted, but at the first opportunity it will try it, sinking its teeth in and ripping out a chunk of the victim's flesh. Yes, a Plague Zombie bites to feed. After a successful bite, if the victim manages to survive and/or get away, within 12 hours the victim will be wracked with a terrible fever, bone numbing chills and cold sweats as the contagion slowly works its way through their body. Another 12 hours and the victim will be further plagued with agonizing pain searing through his limbs and chest as he slowly dies from the inside out. Within 12 hours from this point the victim will die and rise again as a new Plague Zombie, immediately attacking anything in reach.
In game terms, the initial bite inflicts 1d8 damage and passes the contagion to the victim (No, there is NO Saving Throw)
The contagion starts with the initial symptoms of fever, chills and sweats inflicting a -5 to all combat bonuses, reducing the number of attacks per melee by half and generally making the victim feel like hammered doo-doo. At this point, it is the best time to cure the victim with a Clerical or Magical Remove Curse or a Druidic Phoenix Healing. However, the Saving Throw bonuses granted from the Magical Remove Curse are reduced by half (+3 for spell, +5 for ritual).
At the next stage of infection the victim still suffers from the above symptoms and is now nearly incapacitated with terrible pain and agony. Reduced to 1 attack/action per melee and all combat bonuses are eliminated, replaced with -10 penalties across the board; the victim can do little more than writhe in agony wherever he may lie. At this point healing the victim becomes much more difficult; The above methods may be employed, but the Clerical Remove Curse chance of success is reduced by half, the Magical Remove Curse will not work as a spell (the ritual may still work, but the bonus to save is gone and reduced to a -5 penalty), and the Druidic Phoenix Healing only has a 30% chance of success (yes I know Phoenix Healing doesn't have a percentage chance of success or failure normally. It does for this.) The most effective methods to save the victim at this point are 1> A Priest's Miraculous Healing Miracle (luckilly it gets a +15% bonus to succeed), Magical Restoration (PFRPG pg 216), or Divine Intervention (really a GM's option to save a character if all other attempts have failed).
At the final stage, there is no cure. The victim is now a Plague Zombie and must be destroyed.
For all other statistics and powers of the Plague Zombie, refer to the Create Zombie wizard ritual (PFRPG pg 212)

Good Luck guys and girls!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Snipe
A snipe is a large docile flightless bird with a curved beak and coloring resembling a parrot. Due to their speed, wild ones are difficult to catch, but they are often founds as eggs and hatched in captivity. In captivity, they can be trained as riding animals.
Size: 6-8 feet tall
Weight: 300 to 600 pounds
Hit Points: 5d6+4
S.D.C.: 2d6+10
Attacks Per Melee: 2
Damage: Kick attack does 2d6, bite 2d4 damage, head butt or peck 1d6
Natural Abilities: Keen eyesight, can leap six feet high or 12 feet lengthwise.
Speed: 3d6+20, but can run at a speed of 66 (about 45mph) for 30+2d6 minutes before needing to rest.
Average Lifespan: 10-25 years
Value: 25,000 gold when trained as riding mount; meat (whole animal), 450 gold
Habitat: Wooded areas
Range: Yin-Sloth Jungles, Western Empire
Behavior: Eats insects and plants primarily, though it will feed on rodents and ground creatures if there is no other alternative. It is capable of running at great speed, for which it is valued as a riding mount but which also allows it to evade predators. They are found alone or in pairs, or in small family groups of 3d4 members. They nest on the ground and are fierce in protestion of their young. They are relatively uncommon and hard to find.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Snipe
A snipe is a large docile bird with a curved beak and coloring resembling a parrot. Due to their speed, wild ones are difficult to catch, but they are often founds as eggs and hatched in captivity. In captivity, they can be trained as riding animals.
Speed: 3d6+20, but can run at a speed of 66 (about 45mph) for 30+2d6 minutes before needing to rest.
Value: 200 gold when trained as riding mount; meat (whole animal), 60 gold
Behavior: Eats insects and plants primarily, though it will feed on rodents and ground creatures if there is no other alternative. It is capable of running at great speed, for which it is valued as a riding mount but which also allows it to evade predators. They are found alone or in pairs, or in small family groups of 3d4 members. They nest on the ground and are fiefce in protestion of their young. They are relatively uncommon and hard to find.

Who is up for a Snipe hunt? lol
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

TheGameMaster wrote:
A snipe is a large docile bird with a curved beak and coloring resembling a parrot. Due to their speed, wild ones are difficult to catch, but they are often founds as eggs and hatched in captivity. In captivity, they can be trained as riding animals.
Behavior: Eats insects and plants primarily, though it will feed on rodents and ground creatures if there is no other alternative. It is capable of running at great speed, for which it is valued as a riding mount but which also allows it to evade predators. They are found alone or in pairs, or in small family groups of 3d4 members. They nest on the ground and are fiefce in protestion of their young. They are relatively uncommon and hard to find.

I take that to mean you like it.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
TheGameMaster wrote:

Yes I do, sadly none of my current players are really interested in owning one, but I'm thinking of having a tribe in the Yin-Sloth Jungles give my group a hard time using their Snipe Mounts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

TheGameMaster wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
TheGameMaster wrote:

Yes I do, sadly none of my current players are really interested in owning one, but I'm thinking of having a tribe in the Yin-Sloth Jungles give my group a hard time using their Snipe Mounts

Cool.
pblackcrow
Champion

Looks good, but 1 thing...200 gold??? 25,000 maybe. 200 makes little sense all things considered.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

pblackcrow wrote:Looks good, but 1 thing...200 gold??? 25,000 maybe. 200 makes little sense all things considered.

I am not in the business of normally raising and selling mounts. You are probably right about the 25,000 being more fair market value.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:Looks good, but 1 thing...200 gold??? 25,000 maybe. 200 makes little sense all things considered.

I am not in the business of normally raising and selling mounts. You are probably right about the 25,000 being more fair market value.

He's got a point I guess, the average horse costs several thousand. A dead snipe could be worth only 200 but any form of live one should be worth more.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

TheGameMaster wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

He's got a point I guess, the average horse costs several thousand. A dead snipe could be worth only 200 but any form of live one should be worth more.
Edited.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Chozo
A chozo is a large docile flightless bird with a straight beak and yellow plumage, though some more exotic examples have been known to have blue or even black feathers. Due to their speed, wild ones are difficult to catch, but they can be lured with food and easily captured. In captivity, they can be trained as riding animals and are often bred to produce the more exotic colors.
Size: 7-9 feet tall
Weight: 350 to 700 pounds
Hit Points: 6d6+4
S.D.C.: 2d6+12
Value: 25,000 gold when trained as riding mount; meat (whole animal), 500 gold
Habitat: Grassy areas
Range: Ophid Grasslands, Eastern Territory
Behavior: Eats insects and plants primarily, though it will feed on rodents and ground creatures if there is no other alternative. It is capable of running at great speed, for which it is valued as a riding mount but which also allows it to evade predators. They are found alone or in pairs, or in small family groups of 3d4 members, but sometimes in herds up to 30. They nest on the ground and are fierce in protection of their young.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pblackcrow
Champion

:eek: 60 gold for a 350-700 lb bird? Uh, yes..."MY PARTY WILL TAKE 10!!! And how much for 100 gallons of barbeque sauce and about 10,000 buns? We have an army to feed." :D Just have a spot of fun with you. Though seriously, 125-450 whole bird for meat.

The sad thing is my grandmother had cast iron pot big enough for something that size.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Chozo
.... snip

*cough*Chocobo*cough*
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Chozo
.... snip

*cough*Chocobo*cough*

Hush you.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

pblackcrow wrote::eek: 60 gold for a 350-700 lb bird? Uh, yes..."MY PARTY WILL TAKE 10!!! And how much for 100 gallons of barbeque sauce and about 10,000 buns? We have an army to feed." :D Just have a spot of fun with you. Though seriously, 125-450 whole bird for meat.

The sad thing is my grandmother had cast iron pot big enough for something that size.

Edited.
Next I will be trying to come up with stats for a Pig Toad, which is basically a hopping amphibian with tusks. Maybe it will even be big enough to be a riding animal... LOL.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pig Toad
This is an enormous amphibian with tusks.
Size: 4-10 feet
Weight: 350-800 pounds
A.R.: Not applicable
S.D.C.: 4d6+10
Attacks Per Melee: 3
Damage: Tusks do 2d6 points of damage; pouncing attack does 2d4 points of damage, pouncing using tusks for gore attack does 4d6 damage.
Bonuses: +1 initiative, +3 to strike, +2 dodge
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 40 feet, prowl 50%, swim 70%, leaping 12 feet up or 20 feet across
Speed: 16, water 20
Average Life Span: 6-10 years
Value: Meat (whole animal): 200-400 gold
Habitat: Forest
Range: Great Northern Wilderness
Behavior: The pig toad is an aggressive animal that feeds on rodents and birds. It is nocturnal and hides during the day.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Pig Toad
Damage: Tusks do 2d6 points of damage; pouncing attack does 2d4 points of damage.
Natural Abilities: Nightvision 40 feet, prowl 50%, swim 70%, leaping 12 feet up or 20 feet across
Behavior: The pig toad is an aggressive animal that feeds on rodents and birds. It is nocturnal and hides during the day.

Just a thought... how about a sort of pouncing/charge attack with the tusks, say double damage and using both of its attacks? And maybe give it more than 2 attacks. Sure it's bulk seems to slow it down, but the +1 Initiative implies it's deceptively quicker than it looks.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Pig Toad
Damage: Tusks do 2d6 points of damage; pouncing attack does 2d4 points of damage.

Just a thought... how about a sort of pouncing/charge attack with the tusks, say double damage and using both of its attacks? And maybe give it more than 2 attacks. Sure it's bulk seems to slow it down, but the +1 Initiative implies it's deceptively quicker than it looks.

Maybe. I will have to give that some thought.
pblackcrow
Champion

Pig toad legs...yum yum! Cool idea.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pig toad has been edited to reflect JuliusCreed's suggestions.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Pig toad has been edited to reflect JuliusCreed's suggestions.

Glad I could contribute :D ... keep the critters coming all!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Pig toad has been edited to reflect JuliusCreed's suggestions.

Glad I could contribute :D ... keep the critters coming all!

I will as I come up with them. :)
Reagren Wright

Been a long time I was at this site. Just looking over stuff. Working on a new project and perhaps
I might leave some things here.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”