On wings of fire; Phoenix Force & Prelude to Minion War

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jay05
Adventurer

Re: On wings of fire; Phoenix Force & Prelude to Minion War

Unread post by Jay05 »

Lost Seraph wrote:The primary issue is the Locust and that fighter. The two of them combined can destroy the Slepinir. Speaking of which, how big is the Slepinir? Runner size, cruiser size, frigate size? And are there any rations on board the ship?

On Food: We can't eat the Gallu, because it is sitting inside Fiona's sword having tea with Elric. However, we could make a LOT of calamari meat out of that fighter... Besides, do you want to go hunting on a Death World? Trading with the locals (provided we have any trade goods at all) might be a better idea. There should be enough MDC material from all of those weird looking mecha to make an entire city out off. Or cut down and transport trees? Does anyone in the group have botany or biology to find out what these trees are?

Good point re hunting on a "Death world", and actually Cormac would definitely be interested in exploring those ruins. The only reason He/I didn't mention it when we were there before was because I thought we were in immediate danger to the point that I didn't want us caught with our heads down. Some of his specialties actually happen to be "treasure hunting" type endeavors, and a bit of trading. So he could handle that end of this, also has about 14000 in salable/tradable goods on the hover cycle back at the House Klaus stronghold. Wilderness type skills will have to be someone else. But yeah, we should go back to the ruins, and to Klaus to see what we can get in that regard.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Hoping to have the re-cap done by tonight... :frust:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:Hoping to have the re-cap done by tonight... :frust:
Deeeep breath, say it with me... chiiiiill :D :ok:
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Descent into the abyss Aug. ??, P.A. 109
The team soon recovered and decided on swift action, realizing the attack upon themselves was a feint by the reavers, who seemed to be in collusion with the Demon locust. A hasty meeting with the mysterious ‘Moonlight Shadow’, AKA Lt. Tao-Shi Moon within the Naruni hover vehicle was convened, and a consensus was met. A “Leeroy Jenkins” assault into the Nabraeus Deadlands valley with Lt. Moon’s Beta hovering alongside in GERWALK mode to provide heavy fire-support. Suiting actions to words, the two vehicles went over the side o the valley and down the steep valley walls, narrowly missing crashing into the trees hidden by the fog and “mist” filling the bowl shaped crater valley. Stagnant water and twisted plant life were all that could be seen in the very limited visibility. A brief encounter with a swarm of humanoid ‘slug-men’ had the team on edge after one of the creatures was blown into chunks by the NHV’s defense guns and a feeding frenzy occurred. Rika at that moment decided that it would be prudent to keep above the water and land until they could find a clear and unpopulated land mass.

A half hour later near the Western edge of the valley, a metallic object was detected, roughly five-hundred meters in length. When they approached it, they found dozens (if not hundreds) of beast-mecha resembling a cross between crabs and lizards spilling out of the side of the object; all dead / inactive. Close to the site a giant robot resembling a samurai was locked in a death embrace with another type of beast mecha in the same style of the crabs, only this “beast” was humanoid. Energy scans found only traces of alpha-particle radiation; indication of a long ago nuclear event that had contaminated the crabs and mecha. The team decided to mark the find on their maps and continued on.

At the exact center of the valley was an even more bizarre find. A perfect dome of absolute non-energy nearly a full kilometer in diameter and half that high. Rika identified it as a ‘Stasis field’, but stated that in her pan-dimensional travels she had never seen one of that size. While Team Alpha discussed theories on who or what left the anomaly, a two-way laser communication locked onto the Naruni Hover Vehicle, and began to access the onboard data-base. The alien language which first addressed the team then switched over to perfect phonetic anglic; stating “a class-four stasis lock has occurred. Do you wish to deactivate stasis?” the last part repeating until James Cormac’s voice was taken as a negative. Rika was not pleased with the scholar’s unilateral action, but agreed that it may not be wise to possibly expose any survivours within the stasis field to the depredations of a Demon-Locust.

At that moment, the “mist” cleared, radar and other sensors became usable and the sky went dark red as a column of mystic energy speared upwards into the sky roughly 10 miles to the East North-East. Rika, Fionna, and Yanns all agreed on what was witnessed; a summoning ritual had started. Shalyndra suggested moving away from the stasis dome and dealing with the dark magic. Rika agreed and suggested that Lt. Moon send their displeasure to whoever was enacting the ritual. Two medium range reaction warheads later slowed the ritual to a stand still, as the Beta fighter and NHV barreled forwards to the ritual site.

That’s when the Demon Locust attacked the Sleipnir and engineer Leena Shidow with earthquake magic. The NuMan’s panicked radio broadcast was cut short, causing Felix to become even more agitated. The rest of the squad said that the Sleipnir was a large target and most likely could survive any assault at least for a while, and that the incident was too far for them to be able to make a difference anyways.
That’s when a “sky-squid” attacked Lt. Moon and her Beta-Fighter (the bio-fighter “swimming” through the air like its aquatic counterpart) and 3 types of demon attempted and succeeded in slowing down Team Alpha. Three Ice demons, one Gallu and 3 Shedim. The battle was brutal and chaotic, with Johannes’ using his newly learned flight magic to try and assist Lt. Moon is her battle with the ‘squid. A last minute reappearence of Sleipnir, under Leena’s psionic control, ended the summoning ritual mere minutes before it reached “point of no return” with judicious use of capital laser fire, while the Gallu demon was ‘purified’ via Fionna’s rune-sword Ravenbrand after being brutally hacked at by Shalyndra’s swords. The sky-squid retreated (along with the panicked Shedim) as the Gallu vanished and the pillar of magic energy sputtered out. All in all only moderate damage had been suffered by Phoenix Force Alpha and lt. Moon’s Beta fighter, however… the demons had gotten the last laugh.

Fionna Faraday had been luck cursed, resulting in her losing her second most valued weapon (a plasma sword; a one-in-a-million fault in the hilts' casing caused water to leak into the plasma chamber, causing a catastrophic malfunction) and her “mojo”. Also, the demon locust, most likely in astral form or invisible, had putrefied the entire food stores and water supply in the Naruni Hover vehicle.

It seemed like it was time for the team to regroup, repair, rearm and re-evaluate.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

wwwwhhhhheeeeeeee.......flying squid!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Yeah, lol busted up Moon's Beta pretty good, while the rest of us were dusting up with various demons on the ground.
taalismn
Priest

Jay05 wrote:Yeah, lol busted up Moon's Beta pretty good, while the rest of us were dusting up with various demons on the ground.

Remember: 'busted up pretty good' is a perfectly legitimate excuse to 'modify it almost beyond recognition'. ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

taalismn wrote:
Jay05 wrote:Yeah, lol busted up Moon's Beta pretty good, while the rest of us were dusting up with various demons on the ground.

Remember: 'busted up pretty good' is a perfectly legitimate excuse to 'modify it almost beyond recognition'. ;)
LOL, yup! pump up the armor! lol
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

lol loved flying out of the back of the RV to just blast through an ice demon then attempt to hack at the flying squid of doom... That squid is going down tonight
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I like the way the story has carried on. I will continue to enjoy where this story goes.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

calto40k wrote:lol loved flying out of the back of the RV to just blast through an ice demon then attempt to hack at the flying squid of doom... That squid is going down tonight
Calamari that sucker!
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Last night was hella fun! Tons of RP With Moon and Cormac doing a bit of "getting to know you."
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Lost Seraph wrote:That it was. I was reminded of 15 different animes with the hijinks everywhere. Felix is the one I feel sorry for. It will take Leena weeks to realize he's interested in her once she sees the Beta.

LOL,There was quite a bit of craziness while Moon and Cormac were talking (What was up with Rika?!) lol. Yeah Leena will probably be far too interested in helping Moon with repairs/upgrades.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Jay05 wrote:
Lost Seraph wrote:That it was. I was reminded of 15 different animes with the hijinks everywhere. Felix is the one I feel sorry for. It will take Leena weeks to realize he's interested in her once she sees the Beta.

LOL,There was quite a bit of craziness while Moon and Cormac were talking (What was up with Rika?!) lol. Yeah Leena will probably be far too interested in helping Moon with repairs/upgrades.

Despite her maturity in most things (specificaly in running Slepnir), Rika is still quite -ahem- "YOUNG" in other things.
That and her personality (Ego, Id & Super-ego) is still fixing itself after her bout of Feral regression syndrome a few months prior [game time].
As for her hijinx when peeps went for rack-time...? :D
"I'm not like my cousin! I'm not into girls that way!"
...ask Fionna what that means. :fool: :mrgreen:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

LMFAO! Ok still, was fun to watch go down so to speak, and like Seraph said very anime feel! And the Fast times referance! :bandit: :ok: Yes!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

:angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

*Cormac* "No, I suppose one cannot be blamed for her innate hotness"
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Comment reserved until game day :quiet:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

I guess I'll have to wait for that too. :shock:
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Aramanthus wrote:I guess I'll have to wait for that too. :shock:
LOL DhAkael will probably post a recap before next Sunday, he usually does.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Haven't had any time to sit down & write, let alone THINK, all week.
Plus everyone around me in the house sounds like a consumtive and/or coughs like a shotgun going off (despite numerous and for 11+ years and counting, requests to cover up when releasing a shot-gun cough so my ears drums don't rupture) so any time I get my brain working I have my mojo blasted in a wave of obnoxious noise.
No recap this week.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Well that's a bit of a bummer, sorry your housemates are inconsiderate man.
Aramanthus
Monk

Well that stinks that they can not be considerate to you.

HH....FIE
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Half an hour till game time! woo hoo!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

A tomb raid gone bad.
A hill that is really a ship.
Spacefold at ground level fun-goodness.
A captain incapacitated after having her mind forcibly melded to "somethings" will.
Not so lost in space.
Possible mutiny?
...all this and more in the next chapter of On wings of fire; Phoenix Force & Prelude to Minion War

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Mutiny? Cormac is willing to Follow Fiona's lead if she proves her self a capable leader.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

New update will be posted at some point this week, along with an epilogue (non-interactive event) to this past session.

Stuff be gettin' real, yo!

What, you think the anicient alien bio-tech gunship (all 500m worth of it) is just gonna float and keep repeating the same name/word/thing?

Team better step up and work like a team and listen to the X/O, instead of acting as individuals, or it may be TPK tymez. :demon: :ok: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Just sayin' :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Oh hell no! There will be no TPk. LOL,of course I do have my secondary pc ready to go in case Cormac gets whacked.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Please note this is only part of the total recap. The full version will be completed sometime this evening. :frust:

“…the abyss stares back.” Aug?? P.A. 109
With the disruption of the summoning ritual, the local fauna (and even possibly flora), of Nabraeus Valley became blood maddened. Sleipnir quickly retrieved everyone in Team Alpha, the hover vehicle and even Lt. Moon’s Beta fighter. It was a close run thing too; the entire interior of the valley basin became a free for all feeding frenzy by every twisted form of life the resided in Nabraeus. A hurried conference was held over radio as crew & passengers of Sleipnir hastily stowed their gear, and it was decided that the least dangerous location to investigate (and possibly most profitable) was the mysterious hillside to the Western ridge. Sleipnir hovered over to said investigation site and “sterilized” a landing area close to the hill, but avoided damaging the crab shaped & humanoid mecha near it. That evening, Lt. Moon & James Cormac bonded over coffee’s and food while Tao-Shi attempted to reconcile her experiences with what she had been brought up to believe. Meanwhile the rest soon went off to their respective quarters, except for Fionna who was ordered to stay with Rika, due to the presence of “negative paranormal causality.” (Re; a luck curse) and Rika not wanting Fionna to break her neck getting out of bed. This decision had embarrassing (and amusing) consequences as Rika woke up half way through the ship-night, naked, and cuddling with her X/O.

At sunrise, all business, Rika laid out who would be going out and investigating the hillside. Fionna & Deiter would stay behind due to luck curse and no fully N.B.C. sealed armours for the two, while Shalyndra decided to remain behind as she did not feel a blades’-woman would be of any use. The rest however, would go.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

And man did it go FUBAR!
taalismn
Priest

Jay05 wrote:And man did it go FUBAR!

The hill expedition?
Oh dear...do you have enough ICU beds to go around?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

taalismn wrote:
Jay05 wrote:And man did it go FUBAR!

The hill expedition?
Oh dear...do you have enough ICU beds to go around?
Well, Rika was the only one who got hurt, but she seemed comatose when we left off. :-( So now it looks like Fiona is going to have to take the lead. I'm away from home for the weekend so I'll miss this Sunday's session. Good luck guys be safe! LOL
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Working on having jack ready for arrival

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

and jack is ready to ruin all in his path

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Badhair day were declared on account of missing three players equaling 4 PC's (which included the X/O).
DOH!

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:Badhair day were declared on account of missing three players equaling 4 PC's (which included the X/O).
DOH!
Damn, bummer!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Nah. :sleep:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

glad you caught up on your sleep. I'm ready to go next Sunday.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Anyone ever get to the point as a GM where you throw up your hands and go; "I'm done. I physically can not do any more pre-wrting of material since the rest I've done to this point is 99% unused?"
Just wonderin'... :nh:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:Anyone ever get to the point as a GM where you throw up your hands and go; "I'm done. I physically can not do any more pre-wrting of material since the rest I've done to this point is 99% unused?"

Ok, why is that? Am I missing something? I'm still fairly new to this group, so I don't know how many plot turns the group's missed as a whole. I know we missed going to the ship that turned out to be an old Zentraedi ship earlier and went back to it. Are we in a situation where you're questioning continuing? Is there any way to perhaps recycle plot points that were missed earlier in a new way? Just a suggestion. Hope we continue this has been the most fun I've had Role Playing in a long time.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Jay05 wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Anyone ever get to the point as a GM where you throw up your hands and go; "I'm done. I physically can not do any more pre-wrting of material since the rest I've done to this point is 99% unused?"

Ok, why is that? Am I missing something? I'm still fairly new to this group, so I don't know how many plot turns the group's missed as a whole. I know we missed going to the ship that turned out to be an old Zentraedi ship earlier and went back to it. Are we in a situation where you're questioning continuing? Is there any way to perhaps recycle plot points that were missed earlier in a new way? Just a suggestion. Hope we continue this has been the most fun I've had Role Playing in a long time.

Oh, plot points can keep. THOSE typicaly have no real expiery date for me.
No, it's things like the mecha vehicles, "TOYS" and loactions/settings, OCC / RCC stuff.
I kid you not, I have enough stuff in my archives to outfit a dozen campaigns.
It's just, I have reached a critical mass of what my muse is allowing me to write up.
The final thing I worked on was the YF-19 rett-con and then... test-pattern 60hrz.
Heck, I can't even bring myself to do the recaps.
Plus, prior to the present crew, a few "toys" that I had provided... well, the Armored Core unit 'Black Talon' was used all of NO SESSIONS.
Seriously, Akashic didn't use the damn thing once in over 4 sessions he WAS able to join in (he had gotten himself banned for nearly a month JUST as his PC aquired it), and in his second last session with us? He hid in a freakin access tube on the 'typical runner' ship that was being used for base camp while the rest of the team were getting curbstomped... by one of those crab-mechs.

..and thing is I can't use my stuff in other GM's games due to;
1 ) my present GM has let me get away with murder as far as use of material (and THAT's only cuz I don't abuse the stuff I have been allowed) and it'd be rude of me to press for moar.
2 ) No offense to most of the GM's on the PCR's but they really do NOT impress me. Seriously. I've been mildly tempted to try and join in, but the inter-party fighting in half the running games is at Three Stooges level. I try bringing in something unique (note; not uberpowered... "unique"), lawd thunderin' jesu, the squeebs would scream like stuck virgins!
Just look at the thread you're on 'I let my players play X'. You see what I'm talkin' about.

So yeah, my muse be swimming in the absinthe right now.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Well, if it helps bro, if you throw James or even Darius when we bring him in something cool I guarantee it will be used to the best possible effect. One piece of advice I'll give you from my experience. If you're having trouble with writer's block man, just stay away from it for a few days. I mean you still have three days, three and a half if you count till Sunday evening. If you're still not good to go, we take another week off. I'll miss not gaming two weeks in a row, but I wouldn't blame ya.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I'm-a just gonna "wing it" with a couple of thangs that may or may not show up in-game this Sunday.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Awesome D! See you in the chat Sunday.
Aramanthus
Monk

It will be cool to read the next new episode for your team.

HH....FIE
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Almost done the mook-brigade updates.
It should be "smashing goode fun"... :demon: :nuke: :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Almost done the mook-brigade updates.
It should be "smashing goode fun"... :demon: :nuke: :ok:

It's Red Shirt season, right? No bag limit?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

To paraphrase both Hellraiser and Event Horizon; "I have so many WONDERFUL things to show them." :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

I can wait for this next update. Any chance are we going to get some more stats on the ship you posted on the Starship area of the forum.

HH....FIE
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:To paraphrase both Hellraiser and Event Horizon; "I have so many WONDERFUL things to show them." :demon:

Bring it on bro! :D 8-) :bandit:

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”