Road Hogs Down Under

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

The setting is interesting, fanciful to say the least. Are you going to disregard the AMV out of Down Under? I'd be careful with what/whom the Tasmanian Devil eats. In some crowds eating other mutant animals is on par with cannabilism, and alot of groups even frown on eating non-mutated animals ('cause you never really know for sure anyways). I have to look again, but I think there is something about it in the alignment section. Some people have a hard time rationalizing eating something that they can have a discussion with. The game affords options to get by this such as really large mutated insects and meat potatoes.

The tie in with transdimensional TMNT will be cool, you might want to pick up a copy of Mutants in Orbit for the space portions.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Sounds good Stompbox. You have a very vivid imagination.

Oh yeah, koalas are cool. And can be very vicious. Next time you go a wildlife park with koalas, ask a handler about their claws. Sure, they are for climbing, but they are large and shape claws. They are susally docile, but if they have young, or are out of their element (like on the ground), or cornered, like most animals, they'll take you on.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Are you actually using the OCC/Background from "Down Under"? (The car nut... i think it's called.) Or are you porting a Road Hog background? Or are you just making up your own?

It might be fun to have business get slow for a while forcing the character to go on a worm hunt!

Anyway it sounds super. The Bunyip is a great idea and if you stay in southern Aussieland it even fits perfectly in the game as written...

Note: AMV is a hazard but it's clear (to me at least) that it has to be specifically used as a weapon. And as it's used by humans and humans aren't going to be a big part of this campaign, i don't think it should come up.)
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

stompbox wrote:
Worm Hunt is a great idea, I think I'll be making use of that part of the background. I work a few night shifts each fortnight and am planning to check out some road maps online to suss out the big roads through the outback and the towns, and come up with something rough. Cyco you might have some ideas? The Nullabor is an obvious one, also the long stretch from the East coast across to Perth. That would be a killer.

Don't forget the imense cave system under to Nullabor. Some of it is completly flooded and you can go cave diving in most sections. it is so huge they don't expect to map the whole thing out, if ever. So maybe a good place for a dungeon bash, and a possible hide out for the big bad Bunyip and his cronies.

For maps, try these for starters.

http://www.whereis.com.au/ http://travelmate.com.au/

Ah, got a call, gotta hit the road.

I'll try and work out more ideas later...

8]
Eureka!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Heh, thanks for the descriptor Linx. 8]

Here is a link for more info on the Nullabor Cave System.

It's also a cool site to have a look though. I've quickly scanned it, could prove to be os some use for you Stompy.

Also, this site reminded me about The Transcontinental Railway. Maybe some of it is still useable in your setting. Small towns and tribes along it use it as a means of trade. Or maybe the Bunyip uses it to move his goons around.

And don't forget when you get around to the Road Higs section of your game to make stats for The Last of the V8 Interceptors.

8]
Eureka!
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Player Characters get two attacks, speed doesn't factor in unless you use the old attribute charts in which the speed attribute offered a dodge bonus (some of us die hards still use it).
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Oh dude, for serious Oz 4x4 action, don't forget to check out the Oka site. These are serious off road vehicles.

8]
Eureka!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

stompbox wrote:Cyco you're a legend mate! Thanks for the Oka link. I showed the boy and we both immediately agreed that his 4wd should be an Oka with armour plates added.

No worries mate. I had forgtten about them, until I saw one areund here. There are a couple in my area, and when I saw one, I thought I should link to it here.

8]

For more Australian Off Road fun, check out Rhino Buggies. A company based out of WA, they make kits for off road fun, and some are also road legal. Some are based on the old VW Bug chassis, and are thus 2wd but still loads of fun, while others are based of short/long wheel based Toyota Landcrusers or Nissian Patrols.
Eureka!

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”