Favorite JUICER ??

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Favorite Juicer ??

Standard Juicers
21%
JAEP Juicers
2%
Hyperion Juicers
10%
Titan Juicers
10%
Mega-Juicers
13%
Delphi Juicers
8%
Phaeton Juicers
8%
CS-Juicers
6%
Psycho-Stalker Juicers
8%
Dragon Juicers
13%
Maxi-Killer Juicers
No votes

Total votes: 48

TechnoGothic
Knight

Favorite JUICER ??

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Favorite Juicer Type ??

No Murder Wraiths !!!
Period...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

i voted Dragon Juicers...
Cause they could live much longer than a normal juicer with the right blood and becoming a dragon blood vampire...

Maxi-killer, Titans, Megas...come in a close 2nd tied.
Then CS-Js...
The rest, nah...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Fyrpower
Explorer

Unread post by Fyrpower »

I like the standard juicers, especially combined with the O.C.C. spin-offs in Juicer Uprising with the scout and assassin.
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
Randomfist
Explorer

Unread post by Randomfist »

Delphi. Master psionic, auto dodging freak. Can't beat that.
Randomfist
Explorer

Although I voted delphi, you ever consider what a phaeton juicer can do in a SAMAS or Icarus flight system? Nearly unbeatable in tech vs. tech warfare.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Randomfist wrote:Although I voted delphi, you ever consider what a phaeton juicer can do in a SAMAS or Icarus flight system? Nearly unbeatable in tech vs. tech warfare.

except being when they take on the new cyberknights
Randomfist
Explorer

DBX wrote:
Randomfist wrote:Although I voted delphi, you ever consider what a phaeton juicer can do in a SAMAS or Icarus flight system? Nearly unbeatable in tech vs. tech warfare.

except being when they take on the new cyberknights

true dat.
Scooter the Outlaw
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Scooter the Outlaw »

I think there was a topic on this a while ago.

Anyway, Songjuicer, if you count them. They're the greatest. If you're not counting them, I'm going to have to go with the good old classic Juicer from the RMB.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Scooter the Outlaw wrote:I think there was a topic on this a while ago.

Anyway, Songjuicer, if you count them. They're the greatest. If you're not counting them, I'm going to have to go with the good old classic Juicer from the RMB.

see list above...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

While they are among the weakest in terms of writing and explanation (let's face it, they are) I've always loved Delphi Juicers.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

the phaeton juicer wasn't thought out well enough, they should have let them live longer, be weaker physically but be great with vehicles. Otherwise a 5 year span as a pilot is pretty crappy.
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

I voted Phaeton juicer, now imagine one in a VFSS Super Sam or a VFS Metal Siren...
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Jason Richards wrote:While they are among the weakest in terms of writing and explanation (let's face it, they are) I've always loved Delphi Juicers.

I must say I can't stand the Delphi Juicer, I suppose it's a combination of bad writing and an overly powerful character. When JU first came out, the mind melter was virtually the only OCC that could choose super psionics (a mystic could choose only one super ability), then all of a sudden there was this OCC that had all the powers of a regular juicer and could choose a super ability of choice every new level!
No real side effects except their powers start to go off randomly just before they die.

If the writing was convincing enough and interesting I may have let it slide, yet the fluff introduces some scientist who worked with the Angel of Death and escaped to North America (huh?) then produces a helmet which really is nothing like psynetics but is awsomely powerful.

I would have liked the idea of the Delphi not being a Juicer, but just a way for a minor psychic to get greater powers, but now has to rely on the helmet.

Anyway my personal favorite Juicer variants are the Dragon Juicer and the Titan juicer conversion done to a dwarf. I like the Dragon juicer because while powerful, they are interesting, believable, and have to rely on a supply of dragons blood for their power, not an easy task and a good role playing opportunity.

Oh I don't really like the Mega Juicer for the same reasons above, I will allow them as NPCs in my games but not PCs. If someone really wanted to play a Delphi or a Mega Juicer I would enforce another penalty on them, say half lifespan or something.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Re: Favorite JUICER ??

Unread post by Dead Boy »

TechnoGothic wrote:Favorite Juicer Type ??

CS Juicers are where it's at. Not only do you get the usual Juicer powers and abilities, but you also get some spiffy bionics, cyber armor for that added MDC protection, some of the best armor in the game (125 MDC!), a "do not tamper" bomb in the back of your head (all the cool kids have one :D), and best of all, a fully funded retirement plan!
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

I like dragon Juicers... a delightful mix of magic and technology.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

In Rifts, it's often(although not always) a matter of having a bad-@$$ mecha to fight in. If you want to kill the enemy without being an SDC-target-in-minor-MDC-armor kind of vict-I mean combatant, the Phaeton Juicer is king, baby! Just put the Phaeton Jucier into any Mecha that he/she has P.A.Combat Elite in, and get the heck outta the way!!! I love playing my Headhunter;Techno- Warrior in his Power Armor, but if I had been willing to accept a very limited lifespan, I'd have made my PC a Phaeton Juicer in a cold nano-second!

My second choice would be a Standard Juicer. Why? Because I'd try to Detox at some point, unless I die in combat first. Maybe go Headhunter or Full Conversion Borg. If I understand correctly(I don't have my J.Uprising in front of me), a Mega-Juicer cannot ever Detox. If one could, then, and only then, would I go Mega-Juicer.
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

While I have to agree that the standard 'Vanilla Juicer' is the most versatile and arguably is the best of the bunch, I cast my vote for the Titan Juicer.

To me, it just seems to be the most logical choice for a Juicer variant (with the Hyperion perhaps being a close second), as monsters with supernatural strength seem to be everywhere.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Uncle Servo
Champion

psionicninja2000 wrote:Hyperion juicer. Because if you are really willing to limit your lifespan down to five years, you might as well be able to run like Sonic the Hedgehog for it. :D

Ahhhhh, memories... when 16-bit game systems were the epitome of coolness... :lol:

*has many fond memories of beating Golden Axe*
Uncle Servo
Champion

Lynx8882 wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:
psionicninja2000 wrote:Hyperion juicer. Because if you are really willing to limit your lifespan down to five years, you might as well be able to run like Sonic the Hedgehog for it. :D

Ahhhhh, memories... when 16-bit game systems were the epitome of coolness... :lol:

*has many fond memories of beating Golden Axe*

sorry for being off topic but they have it on one of those plug and play joysticks so you can do it all again if ya want

Lynx

I've seen those... I have officially been tempted. :ok:

Return to “Rifts®”