Storm vs Thor

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

?

Storm
17%
Thor
83%

Total votes: 63

Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

I just read over The Asgardian Wars Anthology marvel put out 10 years ago..

Storm does get the hammer of thor for a while, and becomes STORM GODDESS OF THUNDER. She beats up Sersti who casts enchantments on everyone with it too.

2. The God of thunder was NEVER impervious to Lightning, his hammer never afforded that ability, but he could activate such ability, infact, Thor always relied upon the hammer to fend off lightning bolts, as his own body was not immune to them.

3. Odin was fond of making more thor-alikes, and apparently created 2 to 3 more, One was Thunderstrike, the Other Beta Ray Bill, Storm played Thor for the what ever time he was what he was..

4. God sakes I hate deadpool, just a cracked up on drugs version of Constantine...
Gomen_Nagai

PS.. All Asgardians are resistant to physical attack, and .44 magnums are too weak to peirce their skin. ... When we get to 20mm vulcans and 50 caliber or DU rounds, We'll talk..
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

:shock: WOW I can't believe Storm actually got 11 votes. :lol:

Man - she wouldn't stand a chance against Thor - the god of thunder can control weather better than she can so he can just effectively negate all her powers (I mean he even controlled that Living Lightning guy once). So.....what else is she going to do? She can't even hurt him in hand-to-hand combat, while one flick of his finger would put her down. End of story.

Definately Thor for the win - the mortal mutant has no chance whatsoever.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Sentinel wrote:
Gomen_Nagai wrote:thor has no immunity to Weather, his control over such is from his hammer.

Several accounts in the past have demonstarted that Thor is unaffected by severe weather. Secret Wars (1st series) comes to my mind immediately.
Well considering the guy can stand up to punches from guys like the Hulk, Juggernaut and Gladiator, and can survive unprotected in deep space for a limited time, there is not much any earthly weather can do to him.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Thor...

Anything Orro can do, he can trump.

In melee, he's a warrior trained. She's a talented amateur. He weighs 400+ pounds...she can't lift that much, he can toss her around like a tinker toy.

etc...

Anyway, WHEN did this Bloodstorm character occur?

'Cause some folks managed to get ahold of the Darkhold back in the late 80's or early 90's. They used it to remove the curse of vampirism from the Marvel dimension. The Darkholders did a ritual to summon an extradimensional vampire, whom promptly crumbled to dust due to the curse being banished from the world...
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Gomen_Nagai

bloodstorm, and Storm , God of thunder, Both occured in the early 80s, by Stan lee's direction.
Bloodstorm, Showed up again as a major character in the Mutant X storyline, involving the rebirth of Celestials.
Storm God of thunder occured after Cerci , the Enchantress had brought the Xmen to fight in asgard, Somehow, thor was taken out by her and Storm was the only person around to replace him.
Blood Storm didn't stay a vampire after Dracula was killed, and storm was releived of her thor transformation after saving Asgard during the asgardian wars.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Heh Thor would probably look up from his lunch and tell her to go away. Then wave his hand at her as one would do a gnat.

If provoked repeatedly he'd eventually get up and just smite her with the hammer. Not even going into the weather, that hammer hitting her head and turning it into fine red mist would end the fight pretty quick.

I still like Ultimate Thor better. Wouldn't pitch in to fight he Hulk till Bush doubled the international aid budget, then came in on a bolt of lightining and just beat the hulk (( literately)) Into the pavement before stopping to crack wise.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

You clearly haven't read far enough into the series. I could tell ya if you want....

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

According to Marvel chronology, Odin placed a spell on Thor's hammer Mjolnir to allow Thor to access his powers as a god once Odin reduced him to being a mortal. When the Thor comics came out, he did not originally know he was actually a god and thought it merely an enchanted cane (which it was disguised as) which became a hammer and transformed him into a powerful being. It was not until later he found out he was actually the real god Thor. The side effect of this spell allowing the real Thor to become a god by holding the hammer was that certain people of pure intent and good morals gained the ability to pick up and use the powers of the hammer as well. This was why different people have been given the power of Thor temporarily in the past (and future timelines) by gaining possession of the hammer, whether with Thor's blessing (as a replacement Thor) or by accident (after they found the hammer). In the case of the Alien Beta Ray Bill, he proved so worthy of holding the hammer that Odin gave him a hammer of his own very similar to Mjolnir.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Yeah but that... is not Ultimate Thor, which DID Have a questionable past and was a large part of the second run of the Ultimates, but was VERY MUCH Cleared up in the end.

I'm just not sure if they want the spoilers. But lets just say the question of "Is thor just a mental patient with a tech belt and hammer/ or is he a god

Is ___ANSWERED___

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

The previous Ultimates arc (featuring Ultimate Thor) was seriously rockin'.

Let's see if the new story arc can keep up the goodness.
I am interested in Valkyries' story.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Yeah because the one from the previous arch wasn't a super hero and didn't have any powers and was just a blue belt in karate, and she failed THAT test three times.

The new one seems to BE A VALKYRIE, has a flying horse and magical sword

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Mr_Finesse wrote:Thor has a hammer.

End of discussion.

And Storm has breasts.

:lol:
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Thor.

There is only one question though.

Just how far could Thor send her flying with a full swing of his hammer?
Would she even remain intact, or would it rain red for a second somewhere on the other side of the planet, a few hours later?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Funny thing is, Thor doesn't even need his hammer. He could punch a hole though her with just his fist. His strength is supernatural and that of a god. On par with the Hulk and what not.

Storm has strength on par with.... hurm. On the BEST, one of those roid freaks from American Gladiators. If that.

Thor could literly stick out his index finger, and jab her in the forhead and punch a hole into her brain. Then pull it out. wipe it on her white hair and go back to eating his mutton shank.

Storm could wail on Thor all day long with anything she could LIFT and it wouldn't even cause him to bruise.

Storms ONLY hope would be lightning, and thor's the god of lightning and thunder so he's immune. She'd be zapping him and he'd rotate a shoulder and be like "Ohhh do my lower back"

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Cardiac wrote:Dude...who the hell is talking about "BLOODSTORM"!?!? She is a meaningless little "what if" one-shot character.

WE are, ANd your ONe-Shot comment shows that you now nothing abou ther.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: This is Crazyy!

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Lazarin wrote:Ok for those who picked storm must spell her name Moon or call yourself I am Moron

SO, intoher words, your a troll who shouldn't be in this thread.
Leave.
NOw.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Alright.... why report a post from June of 2005?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”