New Skill (Lore: Wine)

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mantisking
Hero

New Skill (Lore: Wine)

Unread post by Mantisking »

Lore: Wine: The character has been educated in the finer points of wine. He knows about the types of wine and the differences between them. He knows about the different wine making areas of the world and what types of wine they produce. The character also knows how to taste wine and properly - in connoisseur's terms - describe the wine. Base Skill: 25% + 4% per level of experience.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

That a special skill for (or from) the Wine-Taster cover identity? Could be fun to have other characters with it :-)
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Im totally going to swipe this :D
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Mantisking
Hero

Originally posted by J. Lionheart.
That a special skill for (or from) the Wine-Taster cover identity? Could be fun to have other characters with it :-)
I wouldn't say it's special for the Wine Taster cover, it's closer to neccesary.

I just figured it's one of those skills that might help bring a more "James Bond" type feel to some games.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Jimmy Crat
Explorer

Unread post by Jimmy Crat »

Shaken, not stirred. That's how Bond ordered his weak drink. Shake it to break the ice, and dilute it. I suppose he's got to keep his wits about him...
Almost doesn't count; except in horseshoes, tiddly-winks, and hand grenades.

10 Ha-Ha points - thx cornholioprime
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Jimmy Crat wrote:Shaken, not stirred. That's how Bond ordered his weak drink. Shake it to break the ice, and dilute it. I suppose he's got to keep his wits about him...

See, he's clever
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Bond says "shaken not stirred" ...to break the ice... :-o

Anywho, Nice call on this skill, it kind of reminds me of the "Streetwise: Drugs" sub-skill from NB. I don't know about calling it a Lore, though, as that would seem to make it a technical skill, and it feels to me more like a Domestic/Cultural.
Mantisking
Hero

Originally posted by acreRake.
Anywho, Nice call on this skill, it kind of reminds me of the "Streetwise: Drugs" sub-skill from NB. I don't know about calling it a Lore, though, as that would seem to make it a technical skill, and it feels to me more like a Domestic/Cultural.
Just because it's a "Lore" skill, doesn't mean it can't be in the Domestic/Cultural section.
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

One might also consider it possible to do a similar skill for beer tasting, being beer can be just as complex (sometimes if not more so) than wine. Although, beer tasting is more of a skill for brewers than how wine tasting is more of a skill for... well, wine tasters.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ten Tigers »

Lore: Whine: The character has been educated in the finer points of pissing and moaning. He knows about the types of complaints and the differences between them. He knows about the different whine making points in the rule book and what types of whine they produce. The character also knows how to rant and rave properly and - in game master's terms - define the whine. Base Skill: 70% + 10% per level of experience.

Sorry Mantis, I couldn't help myself... :? :D
I love a good fight...
Mantisking
Hero

Originally posted by Ten Tigers.
Lore: Whine: The character has been educated in the finer points of pissing and moaning. He knows about the types of complaints and the differences between them. He knows about the different whine making points in the rule book and what types of whine they produce. The character also knows how to rant and rave properly and - in game master's terms - define the whine. Base Skill: 70% + 10% per level of experience.

Sorry Mantis, I couldn't help myself... :? :D
Dude, that was awesome. :D

Good to see you again.
Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ten Tigers »

Kool, thanks bro. It's good to know my sense of humor is still appreciated.

College and work have been owning me pretty hard and my game time has been all but nil.
I love a good fight...
Mantisking
Hero

Kool, thanks bro. It's good to know my sense of humor is still appreciated.
Always.

College and work have been owning me pretty hard and my game time has been all but nil.
Here ya there, I haven't gamed since some time last year. But I still find some time to create new things. So go and comment on them. :)

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”