Question for BTS Game Masters

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Welll... that was looong ago... but what we did in the group we played was usually having the players in a loose organisation, like a press or detective agency (then there was the campaign with one guy independantly wealthy and all the others his sidekicks). I think we tried to have a campaign or two with the characters just knowing each other, but with independent jobs each... it did not hold.

One thing that never happened was to play the characters as part of an outfit with authority or power, that is outside of my BtS/N&SS crossover.

My own campaign used to take the characters far and wide... all over France, Britain, Ireland, Egypt and even as far as South America. But another never had us leave France, and most of the time, we stayed close enough to Paris to go back home every night.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I've done a bit of everything.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

Magestaff wrote:I guess what I am truly saying how did ya all set up you're campaigns?

My first campaign was set in Chicago, the PCs were private investigators of "weird happenings". They travelled to Scotland once, and an adventure was planned for Egypt, but I never ran it.

They encountered government agents; one of the replacement PCs was a member of that agency; and my next campaign might start with all PCs as agents, it's a really convenient excuse for sending them to distant places.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
welvrin

Unread post by welvrin »

MY GROUPS HAVE PLAYED BASED IN OUR CITY AS INDEPENDENT WEALTHY GROUP OF FRIENDS WHO HAD STRANGE AND UNUSUAL FAMILY BACKGROUNDS WITH REPUTATIONS OF AT LEAST BELIEVING IN YOUR STORY. THERE ARE MORE THINGS IN HEAVEN AND EARTH THAN IN YOUR PHILOSOPHY

WE ALSO WORKED FOR A PRIVATE INVESTIGATION FIRM SIMILAR TO CHARLIES ANGELS.

WE HAVE ALSO PLAYED OUT OF NEW YORK, LOS ANGLES, MIAMI, BELFAST. FOR OUR GROUP IF PLAYED OUTSIDE OUR KNOWN LOCATION WE GO TO THE LIBRARY OR LOCAL BOOK STORE AND BUY A TRAVEL GUIDE TO SAID LOCATION SO WE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHERE THINGS WERE AND WHAT KIND OF THINGS WERE THERE.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Darion Sundowner wrote:If anybody needs info about the pyramids of Giza or the Eqyptian museum in Cairo I can help out. I've been to both (spent 6 months living in Giza). Hell, the museum I can still tell you the floorplan and where the individual exhibits are located.

Where do I find the mummies that can be easily re-animated?
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Sentinel
Palladin

Re: Question for BTS Game Masters

Unread post by Sentinel »

Magestaff wrote:I am curious at folks basic approach to BTS. I am curious if ya all base your campaigns in one city? Is the city real or fictional?Anyone use a agency or police force to be used for motivating plots? or I guess what I am truly saying how did ya all set up you're campaigns?

It seems to me there are many ways to go about it. I think BTS can be approached in many different fashions and I am curious what ya guys decided to do.Thanks in advance.

I try to always use real cities so the players have a better understanding of where they are and can get more of a mental picture.
Real life agencies such as the police, F.B.I., and the military featured heavily. To learn the game better, I first ran the Gargoyle adventure in the 1st ed book. Later, I would run HU and N&SS adventures, using supernatural menaces as the primary nemesis.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”