BtS2=Nightbane=?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I see Night Bane as being BtS the only thing that has changed is the people have all been exposed to the Supernatural and got the crap scared out of them. They no longer dismiss it as being bopkes.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Two very different styles of supernatural adventuring that also work well together.
In terms of the few shared characteristics of the games (as opposed to the PCs), the need for secrecy and subtlety on the part of both the heroes and their opponents makes for a suspenseful game that can also pack a wallop of action.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Agrees, a BTS Game could quite literally become a NB game very easilly.

But you can''t very well go from NB to BTS, once the DD happens things get much more daneruse for "Ghost Hunters" because more and more Real things that can/want to kill you are more plentifull.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Now that I've had a glance @ BTS2 here are my thougts. When combining NB and BTS2, then I would set all the PCCs to follow the BTS rules. And I would Bump the Ordinary Ppl PCC out of being a PCC and make it an OCC.
psijudge
D-Bee

Unread post by psijudge »

Nightbane/spawn, sorry I still have the first book, would be good for generating villians, either low level or high level. I wouldn't use them for PC's that would be like allowing players to play Aliens in a Aliens vs. Predator game. When you are playing the monsters, you lose the fear factor and creepiness of the game.

Just my 2 cents

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”