Splicers character sheet?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

I'm not aware of any Splicers-specific sheets having been released yet (by the company or by fans), but if you check this topic right here you will find links to just about every Palladium character sheet out there.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

i wonder why more people havent sent sheets into RPG Sheet so many more people could see them.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Poocho
Wanderer

Unread post by Poocho »

Well, whadya know? I visit the forum to see if anyone had yet asked about any existing/upcoming Splicers character sheets, and I find one made by my good buddy/arch rival Napoleon.

Any way, I too agree that we have a definite need for a high-quality character sheet. A friend of mine created a character, but had to use 5 written pages to hold all the information pertaining to his armor, stats, etc. I think it would be very much appreciated by the other Splicers fans and myself if someone would take the initiative and make an all-encompassing Splicers-specific character sheet for the public to use. Of course, if someone at Palladium felt like taking on such a task, their hard work would surely be praised and appreciated by the fans.

I recently got re-excited to finalize my Dreadguard, but my bubble burst when I remembered that I'd have to spend hours of time just coming up with my own organization system. 'Till a high-quality sheet is up, I'll probably just have to entertain myself with taking care of my HU character.

So there you have it. I always enjoy motivating others to stay up all night creating a complicated character sheet while I sign off and go to bed. ;)

Just my thoughts,
Poocho :)
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Wheres Mad Man Mike? I would love to see what he concocts for this.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Re: Prototype Character Sheet

Unread post by maasenstodt »

asouza wrote:Here's a prototype of the character sheet we were using for our campaign. Needs to be modified here and there.

Comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

http://www.nexusgear.com/downloads/splicers-sheet01.pdf

It's a good start. :)

Looking it over, the things that occur to me on page one are too few lines for skills, perhaps more than are needed for weapons, too few for equipment, and not spelling out what the attribute modifiers mean. On page two, the personal information section is great, but more space for contacts would be very useful. Also, the features section for armor clearly doesn't have enough lines.

Overall, I have two comments. First, I find that it's generally better to keep everything combat related on one page and everything else on another. Two, this sheet doesn't work for all classes. Take the Biotic for instance. Its body actually gets modified with all of those features, then it gets armor (with its own enhancements) on top of that. I don't know how I could get all that on the sheet.

Don't let my criticism get you down, though - As I said, its a good start and high time that somebody started work on a sheet! :-D
Salad Shooter

Unread post by Salad Shooter »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:I'm not aware of any Splicers-specific sheets having been released yet (by the company or by fans), but if you check this topic right here you will find links to just about every Palladium character sheet out there.

My computer may have just decided to hate me tonight, but it seems that every link in the first post save the one that links to the palladium pile o' sheets is a dead link...
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Well, 4 pages and 2 hours of design and revision later, I have a very basic Splicers character sheet for all the general info. I'll be adding class specific pages thru the weekend and with a little luck and a lot of cooperation from the category 6 natural disasters upstairs (my 4 and 8 yr old daughters) I might even be done with it this weekend.

Now all I have to do is remember how to publish the blasted pdf to my msn hosting and Im in business.

-edit-
Seems there are a few html conversion issues with my design in WP so publishing it as a webpage may not be an option to simplify matters for me :/

-update-
Well, I have all the basics down, Archangel Wing Packs, Living Armor, personal weaponry, and Host Armor. I'm seriously hesitant to even attempt a "standard" sheet for warmounts and pack animals given the sheer diversity amongst even the official offerings for Outriders and Packmasters. Add in the forum creations and there's no way I'd ever come up with a generic form for all the available mounts and animals - kracken completely breaks the mold.

Ive run into a few..... issues converting to pdf from my WP file as well - I kinda forgot how much adobe hates text boxes and I went a little heavy with em for organizational purposes.
Poocho
Wanderer

Unread post by Poocho »

Well, we all appreciate all the effort you put into it so far. I look forward to seeing what it looks like.

Would it be possible to just take a screen print and host that so we can get a glimpse of what you've done so far?

Thanks for all the work,
Poocho :)
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Ok, I finally got bellsouth's hosting service suitably cooperative to host my files. The only one ready for comment is the word perfect version since I was somewhat unwilling to convert without some hosting lined up.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-splicers

Has all the basic info, Archangel info sheet and Host Armor info sheet despite what the name would imply.

Return to “Splicers®”