Remastered?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Remastered?

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

umm any one care to explain i mean did they completely redo the animation of the beloved series or what.
i mean what is it
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Remastered?

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Warmaster40k wrote:umm any one care to explain i mean did they completely redo the animation of the beloved series or what.
i mean what is it

if its the Remastred DVD's:
HG "cleaned" up the animiation and sound... and Fans are Currently Boycotting them as its no real improvement, and they added about 5 seconds of footage to each episode...

Boycott them... they are bad...
but the DVD's they released in 2000, they are much better, and can be found much cheaper... if the Remastered DVD's sell badly Hg might get it that Fans want new stuff(Series), not Re-hashed old stuff.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Actually, I'm rather fond of the 5.1 Surround Sound that comes with the Remastered version. My home theater just loves it 8)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Lt. Holmes wrote:Actually, I'm rather fond of the 5.1 Surround Sound that comes with the Remastered version. My home theater just loves it 8)

True, if your a tech-junkies and love surrond sound... its the way to go.
but i have a B/W tv, and refuse to get SS for my PC.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Raiden

DVDs

Unread post by Raiden »

I was slowly collecting the box sets for Macross and New Generation, using what ever money I had to get them. (they were $70 for each damn box set...) Any way, after I had finally gotten together the cash to get box set 7, I heard of the remastered box sets...can't say I was too impressed over that. But from what I hear, I'm glad I didn't give in and get those remastered box sets.

Col. Wolfe I'm almost in the same boat as you, although my TV ain't black and white, the video plug on my TV keeps cutting out, so I pretty much have to tape my video plug into my tv to make sure I can watch anything without be interrupted when my screen goes blue.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Re: DVDs

Raiden wrote:Col. Wolfe I'm almost in the same boat as you, although my TV ain't black and white, the video plug on my TV keeps cutting out, so I pretty much have to tape my video plug into my tv to make sure I can watch anything without be interrupted when my screen goes blue.

the B/w Tv is a joke, but i dont play DVD's on my TV any way, the only DVD players i have is a PS2 and the DVD-rom drive on my PC.
but i still dont care about sound much, as the speakers on the Tv suck and my Pc speakers came w/ the machine.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”