Trying to track down a model/figure

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Trying to track down a model/figure

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Back in the eighties when Transformer action figures were all the rage, I found two Mecha figures that were really cool and wish I wouldv'e kept them. Now I'd like to track them down again and need some help.

One of them looked just like the Griffin from Battletech:
http://www.flames-of-vengence.co.uk/Bat ... rf-14a.htm

It was green with some red trim, the detail was awesome. It stood roughly 6" to 8" tall. The body (frame) was metal, and the armor was removeable and made of plastic. It was fully poseable, and actually quite durable.

The second one was blue, with red and silver trim. I can't find a Mecha that quite looks like it though. If I can track down the Griffin, them I should be able to find this one.

I had originally bought these at a Toys-R-Us back in the eighties, they came in a box that had very little English writing on it, mostly Japanese.

This is a long shot, but I know there are quite a few Mecha fans here.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Trying to track down a model/figure

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

The models remind me of Classic Battletechs

o) Shadowhawk
o) Griffin
o) Wolferine
o) Thunderbolt
o) Scorpion
o) Battlemaster
o) Goliath

Mechs :D
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The two on the e-bay site (in B-Tech terms) are the Griffin (left) and Shadow Hawk (right).

As for the other link, I'm not going to spend that much time paging through my Battletech Technical Readouts... :D :lol:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Zerebus, that's them (both the ones I was looking for actually)...sort of. The ones I had weren't shiny, though that may just be the box. How tall is 1/72 scale?
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Mike Taylor

Re: Trying to track down a model/figure

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Ice Dragon wrote:The models remind me of Classic Battletechs

o) Shadowhawk
o) Griffin
o) Wolferine
o) Thunderbolt
o) Scorpion
o) Battlemaster
o) Goliath

Mechs :D

Would you believe that those are the very first (as in before Harmony Gold released the TV series) ROBOTECH mecha? Revell, who sold the kits here in the U.S. and Europe, even ran ads for them on MTV.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

gordyzx9r wrote:Zerebus, that's them (both the ones I was looking for actually)...sort of. The ones I had weren't shiny, though that may just be the box. How tall is 1/72 scale?

I think both mechs are about 16 metres tall, so a 1/72 scale model would be about 22 cm tall...just under 9 inches tall.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”