rifle vs. tank

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Actuall, there's been a confirmed kill of an Abrahams by an Iraqi Insurgent with an RPG-7. The insurgent was using one of the more recently produced rounds and he (wisely) chose not to take on the tankf rom the front. Generally the side armour on a tank is only about half as thick as the stuff on the front. The top, rear and undersides are usually even thinner.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

It's been confirmed: http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articles/solved.asp

The Abrahm's armour isnt' reactive, it's composite. The design of the internal structures greatly improves the effectiveness against HEAT projectiles. The layer of depleted uranium helps too.

Still, the Abrahm's armoru isn't uniform. It's thicker (tot he point of virtual impermiability) at the front of the hull and turret. To save on weight it's thinner on the sides, back, underside and top - the areas least likely to get hit in most battle situations . . . but the areas most likely to be hit during a counter-insurgent war.

An interesting solution to the RPG is that employed on the Stryker. The spaced armour detonates the RPG warhead away from the side of the vehicle - thus putting the armour out of the focal point of the blast. http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/art ... _armor.asp
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”