Medieval Japan Setting?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Medieval Japan Setting?

Unread post by Guest »

I recall someone (maybe breaux) mentioning a medieval japanese setting...

I have been thinking of doing my own Ninja's and Samurai (instead of N&SS) set in maybe the Edo era, or maybe just before the Meiji, with my girlfriend..

and was wondering if anyone else had any info about the book, or had done something along those lines?
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Pick up the Sengoku RPG from Gold Rush Games. It should have most of the information you need for staging a game in Japan's Sengoku Jidaii.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3

Unread post by Guest »

Heh

Oh yeah, I've been working on something along those lines for about eight years now.

Unfortunately getting GOOD resources for some areas presents a problem when they go in and out of print quickly, are small press publications, or are actually useful.

Also working against it is the little problem of having to codify Palladium's rule system so I have something coherent to work from. *Bleh*
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Never did something like that with PB games... which I don't regard as very proper to the task

Sengoku does indeed look like a good basis

If you're ready to throw historical accuracy to the winds and play a more fantasy style game (with ki powers and wizards and mystic priests), just haunt the sellers of old and used RPG products (like E Bay and Nobleknight.com) and look for old FGU's Bushido... I enjoyed that one immensely.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard

Unread post by Guest »

I dont use ki or wizards in my Palladium games..

Sengoku looks to do it, now if I can just find a copy...

I prefer having a guy who is just a bit faster, or just a bit stronger, and that makes him stand out, because the world isnt full of super powerful beings...

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”