The Commander

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

The Commander

Unread post by darthauthor »

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the dusty streets of the small town, the air was thick with tension. The townspeople had heard whispers of the approaching Coalition States platoon, known ominously as the “The Sentinals." Nothing could prepare them for the sight that greeted them as they peered out from behind closed doors and shuttered windows.

Leading the imposing group of soldiers was an officer, his uniform adorned with the insignia of the Coalition States, a symbol of authority and power. His steely gaze swept over the town, taking in every detail with a calculating precision that sent shivers down the spines of those who dared to meet his eyes.

The officer stepped forward, his boots echoing against the cobblestones as he addressed the gathered crowd. His voice was commanding, carrying a weight of authority that brooked no dissent.

"Good evening, citizens of this town," he began, his words laced with a subtle menace that hung heavy in the air.
Captain Rey exudes an aura of calculated authority and unwavering determination. Tall and imposing, with a commanding presence that demands respect, he carries himself with a confident stride and a sharp gaze that misses nothing.

In his military uniform, Captain Rey (Jackson "Ironclad" Reynolds) is the epitome of discipline and precision. Every crease and fold is immaculately pressed, every insignia and medal carefully polished and displayed. His uniform speaks volumes of his dedication to duty and his unwavering allegiance to the CS.

A murmur of unease rippled through the crowd as the officer continued, outlining his plans for enforcing the laws of the Coalition States with unwavering resolve. He spoke of order and discipline, of justice tempered with mercy, but beneath his honeyed words lay a darker truth.

"Today marks the dawn of a new era for this community. From this day forth, this town shall be known as Little Chi-Town, under the jurisdiction of the Coalition States."

As the night wore on, the "Dead Boys" and "Dog Boys" fanned out across the town, their presence a menacing presence that loomed over the streets like a shadow. Doors were kicked in, belongings rifled through, and contraband confiscated with ruthless efficiency.

In the dim light of dawn, the townspeople emerged from their homes to find their once-familiar surroundings transformed. A Coalition States flag fluttered in the breeze, casting a pall over the town square as the platoon stood at attention, their voices raised in a chilling chorus of allegiance.

For The Captain, this was just the beginning. Behind his facade of benevolence lurked a ruthless determination to impose his will upon the town, by any means necessary. And as the sun rose higher in the sky, casting its golden light over the newly-christened Little Chi-Town, the officer's true intentions remained hidden, waiting to be revealed in the days and weeks to come.

As an officer, "The Commander" is known for his strategic brilliance and his ability to outmaneuver his adversaries with cunning and guile. He is a master tactician, able to anticipate his opponent's moves several steps ahead and plan his own accordingly. His sharp mind and quick wit make him a formidable opponent on the battlefield, and his unwavering commitment to victory ensures that he will stop at nothing to achieve his objectives.

Despite his formidable exterior, there is a sense of coldness and detachment about Rey, a distance that sets him apart from those around him. He is not one to form close attachments or show vulnerability, preferring instead to keep his emotions tightly controlled and hidden from view.

In the heat of battle, "The Commander" is a force to be reckoned with. His steely resolve and unyielding determination inspire loyalty and admiration in his subordinates, who trust in his leadership implicitly. He leads from the front, never asking his men to do anything he would not do himself, and earning their respect through his actions rather than his words.

But beneath his façade of military precision lies a darker side to The Commander's character. He is not above using manipulation and deceit to achieve his goals, and he has no qualms about sacrificing others to further his own ambitions. His moral compass is skewed, his sense of right and wrong twisted by the demands of war and the thirst for power.

In the end, The Commander is a complex and enigmatic figure, a man driven by a relentless thirst for power and control. As an officer in the military, he is a formidable adversary and a force to be reckoned with, but also a man whose true motives and intentions remain shrouded in mystery.
Last edited by darthauthor on Mon May 06, 2024 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
darthauthor
Hero

Re: The Commander

Little Chi-Town

The Commander:
“Soldiers of the Coalition States,

“I stand before you today with a sense of duty and purpose that transcends any one persons desires. We have been entrusted with a solemn responsibility: to bring order to the chaos that plagues this city. We have been assigned to serve and protect this place, for the greater good of the CS and humankind.
“This is no small task, but I have every confidence that each and every one of you is capable of rising to the challenge.
“We are not here to wage war or conquer territory. Our mission is clear: to establish law and order, to root out crime and lawlessness, and to ensure the safety and security of all law-abiding citizens. We are the guardians of peace, the defenders of justice, and the enforcers of the rule of law.
“I understand that some of you may have doubts about the nature of our mission, about the orders you may be asked to carry out. Let me assure you, every action we take will be following orders, CS law, and for the greater good of humanity. We are not here to serve and protect the CS.
“It is our destiny as human beings and duty as soldiers of the CS to restore humanity to our rightful place as masters of OUR domain. Our mother Earth is our birthright. None may trespass on her sacred soil or CS law. Against those who attack us, we will defend ourselves…
“Discipline and obedience are the cornerstones of military service, and I expect nothing less from each and every one of you. We must be flexible and adaptable, ready to face any challenge that comes our way with courage and determination.
“I demand your loyalty and your commitment to our cause. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of our people, restoring hope where there is despair, and bringing light where there is darkness. It is our duty to serve and protect the CS and the CS will protect and serve us.
“So let us stand united in our purpose, unwavering in our resolve, and steadfast in our determination to bring about a brighter future for all. The road ahead may be difficult, but I have every confidence that together, we will overcome any obstacle and emerge victorious.”

Dismissed.

Later

The city streets were shrouded in darkness, broken only by the occasional flicker of dim streetlights and the eerie glow of neon signs. The air was thick with tension as the officer and his platoon moved swiftly and silently through the shadows, their weapons at the ready, their senses on high alert.

The Commander's eyes narrowed as he caught sight of movement up ahead, a flicker of movement in the darkness that could only mean one thing: the enemy was near. He raised a clenched fist, signaling for his men to halt, his gaze sweeping over the narrow alleyway ahead with steely determination.

Without a word, the officer gestured toward the building at the end of the alley, his hand slicing through the air with a decisive motion. The sergeant nodded in understanding, relaying the silent command to the rest of the platoon with a series of hand signals.

The officer led the charge, his boots pounding against the pavement as he sprinted toward the building, his heart pounding in his chest with a mix of adrenaline and anticipation. Behind him, his men followed in tight formation, their weapons at the ready, their eyes scanning the darkness for any sign of danger.

As they reached the entrance to the building, the officer kicked open the door with a resounding crash, his weapon raised and ready to fire. The room beyond was a hive of activity, filled with the sounds of shouts and gunfire as the enemy gang scrambled to defend their turf.

With a swift nod to his men, the officer surged forward, his weapon blazing as he unleashed a barrage of gunfire on the enemy. Bullets whizzed through the air, sending sparks flying as they struck metal and concrete, the acrid smell of gunpowder filling the air.

The officer moved with practiced precision, his movements fluid and graceful as he dodged and weaved through the chaos, his focus unwavering as he sought out his targets with deadly accuracy. His men followed suit, their movements synchronized as they fought side by side, their shouts and battle cries mingling with the roar of gunfire.

As the battle raged on, the Commander's determination never wavered, his gaze fixed on the enemy as he fought with his all. Each passing moment, the tide of battle turned in their favor, the enemy gang slowly but surely being driven back by the relentless onslaught of the CS Squad.

As the dust settled in the aftermath of the intense firefight, the officer and his squad of soldiers cautiously made their way through the criminal gang's stronghold headquarters. The dimly lit corridors were littered with debris and the stench of gun smoke hung heavy in the air, a testament to the fierce battle that had just taken place.

With practiced precision, the officer led his men deeper into the building, his gaze sweeping over the surroundings with a keen eye for detail. The criminals' place was a maze of narrow corridors and dimly lit rooms, each one filled with a haphazard assortment of stolen goods and illicit contraband.

As they moved through the stronghold, the officer couldn't help but marvel at the sheer scale of the operation they had uncovered. The criminals had amassed a vast collection of stolen goods, ranging from weapons and ammunition to drugs and counterfeit currency. Crates and boxes filled with illegal merchandise lined the walls, their contents spilling out onto the floor in a chaotic jumble of goods.

With a sense of grim determination, the officer ordered his men to begin searching the stronghold, their movements swift and efficient as they combed through the wreckage in search of anything of value. Each room revealed new treasures, each one more shocking than the last.

In one corner of the stronghold, they discovered a cache of high-powered weapons, their gleaming metal surfaces glinting ominously in the dim light. The officer's lips tightened into a thin line as he surveyed the arsenal before him, a silent reminder of the deadly threat they had just faced.

In another room, they stumbled upon a makeshift drug lab, its tables cluttered with beakers and vials filled with all manner of illicit substances. The officer's jaw clenched with barely contained rage as he took in the scene before him, the toxic chemicals and noxious fumes serving as a stark reminder of the criminals' utter disregard for the law.

But perhaps the most shocking discovery of all came when they uncovered a hidden chamber deep within the heart of the stronghold. Inside, they found a vast collection of comic books and adult magazines. The officer's eyes widened in disbelief as he took in the sight before him, the sheer scale of it was staggering in its enormity.

With a sense of grim satisfaction, the officer and his men set to work cataloging the spoils of war, their movements swift and efficient as they gathered the contraband.

Their mission accomplished.
Their enemy defeated.

As they regrouped outside the building, the officer allowed himself a moment of satisfaction, a sense of pride swelling within him at the sight of his men standing tall and victorious.

“Take everything out of here,” said the Commander. “Burn all books. The drugs too. Handle the chemicals with care. Salvage anything we can use or sell. Clean the place up. We have a new base of operations. Welcome to your new home boys.”

With a silent nod of approval, he turned and led his platoon back into the stronghold.
darthauthor
Hero

The next day dawned with a sense of anticipation hanging heavy in the air. As the sun rose over "Little Chi-Town," casting its warm glow across the dusty streets, I knew that today would be pivotal in our mission to establish CS authority in this lawless outpost.

Captain Rey stood before his hand-picked squad, a stern expression etched upon his face as he addressed them in the dimly lit briefing room. The assembled team consisted of Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys, their loyalty to the Coalition States evident in the gleam of their eyes and the rigid set of their shoulders. Beside them stood a lone human lieutenant, chosen for his expertise in covert operations and unwavering dedication to duty.

"Listen up, team," Captain Rey began, his voice low and commanding. "We have a mission of utmost importance—one that requires precision, discretion, and unwavering resolve."

He paced before them, his gaze sweeping over each member of the squad before coming to rest on the lieutenant.

"Lieutenant, you will serve as the leader of this operation," he said, his tone leaving no room for argument. "Your task is to coordinate the efforts of our Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys, ensuring that every target is identified, surveilled, and, if necessary, neutralized."

The lieutenant nodded, his jaw set in determination as he accepted the weight of the responsibility placed upon his shoulders.

"Your objective is clear," Captain Rey continued. "We are to search the city using the sensory powers of our Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys to identify any and all individuals with the ability to cast magic spells, those who are supernatural beings, and those who possess psionic powers."

He paused, his gaze lingering on each member of the squad before continuing.

"Once identified, you are to conduct secret surveillance of these individuals, gathering intelligence on their activities, alliances, and intentions," he said. "Take photographs, document their movements, and report back to me with your findings."

The squad nodded in understanding, their expressions steely and determined as they prepared for the task ahead.

"But be warned," Captain Rey cautioned, his voice low and intense. "We are not merely observers. If any of these individuals pose a threat to the Coalition States—if they are preparing for battle, seeking aid from sympathizers, or plotting against us—you are authorized to take whatever action is necessary to neutralize the threat."

He fixed them with a piercing gaze, his words carrying the weight of authority and conviction.

"Capture or eliminate them, but do so quietly and without drawing attention to our presence," he said. "We cannot afford to alert the enemy to our intentions."

With a final nod of acknowledgment, the squad dispersed, their minds focused on the task ahead.

Captain Rey returned to his war room. After reading the morning briefing reports,
He formulated his plan of action for the day ahead with his 1st SGT.
Their uniforms crisp and their weapons at the ready they meet with the morning formation.

The speech:
"We have work to do, and I intended to see it done with the precision and efficiency.
Our first order of business was to assert control over the city. Power perceived is power achieved. We will divide into squads and secure the main thoroughfares, the marketplace, and the outskirts of town. With each step, we tightened our grip on "Little Chi-Town," ensuring that no corner remained untouched by CS authority."

As my soldiers fanned out across the city, I made my way to the town hall, with my private security, where I am scheduled to meet with local officials and community leaders. It is time to establish lines of communication and lay the groundwork for future cooperation.

Inside the town hall, I am met with a mix of apprehension and curiosity from the assembled crowd. These were the individuals who held sway over the daily affairs of "Little Chi-Town," and their cooperation was essential if we were to succeed in our mission.

With a confident stride, I approached the podium and addressed the gathered crowd. "Good morning, citizens of 'Little Chi-Town'," I began, my voice projecting with the authority of a seasoned commander. "I am Captain Rey of the Coalition States military, and I am here to ensure the safety and security of this city."

As I spoke, I could see the skepticism in their eyes, but I pressed on, laying out our plans for the city and emphasizing the benefits of cooperation with the Coalition States. It was clear that winning over their trust would be no easy task, but I was determined to see it done.

After the meeting adjourned, I made my way to the marketplace, where I intended to assess the city's economic situation and explore opportunities for collaboration. The marketplace was a bustling hub of activity, with merchants hawking their wares and locals going about their daily business.

I moved through the crowded stalls, taking note of the various goods on offer and engaging in conversation with the merchants. It was clear that the economy of "Little Chi-Town" was struggling, with resources scarce and prices high. It was a situation ripe for exploitation, and I intended to capitalize on it.

With a smile and a firm handshake, I struck deals with the merchants, offering them incentives to cooperate with the Coalition States. In exchange for their loyalty, I promised protection and security, as well as access to CS resources and trade networks. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement, one that would strengthen our hold on the city and bolster its economic prospects.

As the day wore on, I continued to move through the city, meeting with local officials, community leaders, and ordinary citizens. Everywhere I went, I was met with a mix of curiosity, apprehension, and, in some cases, outright hostility.

As I stride purposefully towards the city hall. The air is thick with tension as whispers and murmurs followed in my wake, my presence sends ripples of unease through the gathered crowd.

As I approach the steps of the imposing building, I am met by a group of local officials and community leaders, their expressions a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

"Captain Rey, to what do we owe the honor of your visit?" one of the officials asked, his tone cautious as he eyed the armed soldiers at Captain Rey's side.

Captain Rey's gaze swept over the assembled group, his expression stern and unwavering.

"I am here to discuss matters of security and order within this city," he replied, his voice carrying the weight of authority. "Specifically, I am interested in taking inventory of the city's weapons and identifying individuals who possess firearms."

A murmur of surprise rippled through the crowd at his words, the local officials exchanging nervous glances amongst themselves.

"Why the sudden interest in our weapons?" one of the community leaders asked, his brow furrowed in suspicion.

Captain Rey fixed him with a steely gaze, his jaw set in determination.

"As representatives of the Coalition States, it is our duty to ensure the safety and security of all citizens within our jurisdiction," he explained. "Part of that responsibility includes maintaining control over the distribution and possession of firearms within this city."

The officials and community leaders exchanged uneasy glances, the gravity of Captain Rey's words sinking in.

"We understand the need for security, Captain Rey," one of the officials said, his voice cautious. "But surely there are other ways to ensure the safety of our city without resorting to such drastic measures?"

Captain Rey's expression softened slightly, a hint of sympathy in his eyes.

"We are not here to trample on your rights or disrupt your way of life," he said, his tone firm but measured. "But we cannot ignore the potential risks posed by unregulated firearms within our midst. By working together, we can ensure that our city remains safe and secure for all who call it home."

The officials and community leaders exchanged hesitant nods, the weight of Captain Rey's words sinking in. They knew that resistance was futile in the face of the Coalition States' authority, and that cooperation was the only path forward.

"Very well, Captain Rey," one of the officials said, his tone resigned. "We will provide you with the information you seek. But we expect transparency and respect in return."

Captain Rey inclined his head in acknowledgment, his gaze unwavering as he addressed the assembled group.

"Thank you for your cooperation," he said, his voice firm. "Together, we will ensure the safety and security of "Little Chi-Town" and its inhabitants."

With that, Captain Rey and his squad turned and made their way into the city hall, the echoes of their footsteps fading into the bustling sounds of the city streets. As they disappeared from view, the officials and community leaders exchanged uneasy glances, knowing that their city was about to undergo a dramatic transformation under the watchful eye of the Coalition States military.

The next day

The sun rose over "Little Chi-Town" on the third day of our mission, casting its golden light across the city streets. As I stepped out of the makeshift command center, I could sense a tension in the air—a palpable anticipation of what the day would bring.

Today would be a day of action—a day to solidify our control over the city and to root out any pockets of resistance that remained. With my platoon at my side, I set out to implement the next phase of our plan with precision and determination.

Our first task was to conduct a series of targeted raids on known trouble spots within the city. Intelligence reports had identified several locations where criminal elements and dissidents were known to gather, and it was imperative that we stamp out any signs of resistance before they could gain momentum.

Under the cover of darkness, we moved swiftly and silently through the streets, our footsteps muffled by the soft crunch of gravel beneath our boots. As we approached our first target, I could feel the tension in the air thickening, a sense of anticipation mingled with the thrill of the hunt.

With a signal from my second-in-command, we burst through the doors of the abandoned warehouse, our weapons at the ready. Inside, we found a group of armed thugs, their faces twisted in surprise and fear as they realized they had been caught unawares.

Without hesitation, we moved to subdue the insurgents, our training kicking in as we engaged them in close-quarters combat. The sounds of struggle echoed through the empty halls, punctuated by the sharp crack of energy rifles and the cries of the wounded.

After a brief but intense skirmish, we emerged victorious, the insurgents defeated and subdued. As we led them away in chains, I couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that we had struck a decisive blow against those who would seek to challenge CS authority.

With the first raid completed, we moved on to our next target—a known smuggling operation operating out of the city's outskirts. Using a combination of intelligence gathering and surveillance, we were able to pinpoint the location of the smugglers' hideout and launch a coordinated assault.

As we approached the compound under cover of darkness, I could see the flickering glow of torches illuminating the night sky, a beacon of defiance in the face of our impending arrival. But we were prepared, our resolve unshakable as we moved with purpose and determination toward our objective.

With a coordinated barrage of firepower, we stormed the compound, catching the smugglers off guard and overwhelming them with our superior numbers and firepower. In the chaos that ensued, we were able to seize a cache of illegal weapons and contraband, dealing a crippling blow to the smugglers' operations.

As the dust settled and the last of the smugglers were led away in chains, I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride knowing that we had succeeded in our mission. The streets of "Little Chi-Town" were a little safer today, thanks to the decisive action of the Coalition States military.

But our work was far from over. As the sun dipped below the horizon and the stars began to twinkle overhead, I knew that tomorrow would bring new challenges and new opportunities. But with determination in our hearts and the might of the Coalition States at our backs, there was nothing we couldn't overcome.

The day after:

As the dawn broke over "Little Chi-Town" on the fourth day of our mission, I could feel the weight of responsibility settling heavy on my shoulders. The events of the past few days had been a whirlwind of action and excitement, but now it was time to focus on the task at hand—to solidify our control over the city and ensure that our authority remained unchallenged.

With a sense of purpose burning bright within me, I gathered my platoon in the makeshift command center to discuss our plans for the day ahead. It was clear that our work was far from over, and there were still pockets of resistance that needed to be dealt with swiftly and decisively.

Our first order of business was to conduct a series of sweeps throughout the city, targeting known trouble spots and gathering intelligence on any remaining threats to CS authority. We split into teams and set out into the streets, our eyes sharp and our weapons at the ready.

As we moved through the city, we encountered pockets of resistance—small groups of insurgents and dissidents who refused to accept the Coalition States' rule. But with each encounter, we met their defiance with a show of force that left no doubt as to who held the reins of power.

One by one, we rooted out the remaining pockets of resistance, bringing them to heel with a combination of intimidation and coercion. By the time the sun reached its zenith, the streets of "Little Chi-Town" were quiet once more, the last vestiges of dissent crushed beneath the boot of CS authority.

With the city secured, I turned my attention to the next phase of our plan—consolidating our control and establishing a new order in "Little Chi-Town." This would require more than just brute force—it would require diplomacy, negotiation, and a delicate touch.

My first stop was the town hall, where I intended to meet with local officials and community leaders to discuss the future of the city. As I entered the ornate building, I was met with a mix of curiosity and apprehension from those gathered inside. They knew that their world was about to change, and they were unsure of what the future held.

With a calm demeanor and a reassuring smile, I addressed the gathered crowd, laying out my vision for the city and emphasizing the benefits of cooperation with the Coalition States. I spoke of stability, security, and prosperity—things that had been sorely lacking in "Little Chi-Town" for far too long.

To my surprise, the response was more positive than I had expected. While there were still murmurs of dissent and skepticism, there were also nods of agreement and even a few tentative smiles. It seemed that the people of "Little Chi-Town" were beginning to see the benefits of aligning themselves with the Coalition States.

Encouraged by this small victory, I set out to meet with local business owners and merchants, seeking to establish trade agreements and economic partnerships that would benefit both parties. It was slow going at first, with many of the merchants wary of aligning themselves with the Coalition States, but with patience and persistence, I was able to win them over.

By the end of the day, I had secured agreements with several key merchants, ensuring a steady supply of goods and resources for the city. It was a small victory, but an important one, as it would lay the groundwork for future economic growth and prosperity in "Little Chi-Town."

As the sun dipped below the horizon and the stars began to twinkle overhead, I allowed myself a moment of quiet satisfaction. The events of the day had been a testament to the power of determination and diplomacy, and I knew that with continued effort and perseverance, we would succeed in our mission to bring order and stability to "Little Chi-Town."

The next day

The fifth day in "Little Chi-Town" dawned with a sense of cautious optimism lingering in the air. As the sun rose over the city, casting its warm glow across the bustling streets, I couldn't help but feel a surge of pride at how far we had come in such a short time. But there was no time to rest on our laurels—we still had much work to do.

With a quick glance at the morning briefing report, I outlined our objectives for the day ahead. Our focus would be on further solidifying our control over the city and laying the groundwork for long-term stability.

Our first task was to conduct a series of patrols throughout the city, ensuring that our presence was felt in every corner of "Little Chi-Town." As my platoon fanned out into the streets, I could see the looks of apprehension on the faces of the locals—evidence that our authority was beginning to take hold.

With the streets secured, I turned my attention to the next phase of our plan—rebuilding and revitalizing the city's infrastructure. "Little Chi-Town" had suffered years of neglect and decay under its previous rulers, and it was time to breathe new life into its streets and buildings.

Our first stop was the marketplace, where I met with local merchants and business owners to discuss ways to stimulate economic growth and development. Together, we formulated a plan to attract investment and create jobs.

Next, we turned our attention to the city's crumbling infrastructure, launching a series of public works projects to repair roads and utilities. It was hard work, but with the help of local laborers and D-Bee "volunteers" we rounding up at gun point, we WILL make progress.

As the eighth day dawned in "Little Chi-Town," the city lay shrouded in a heavy silence.

The events of the past week had taken their toll on both the populace, leaving a palpable sense of weariness and tension hanging in the air.

With a heavy heart, I gathered my platoon to discuss our objectives for the day ahead.

Our focus would be on rebuilding and healing. We will assess the damage caused by the recent conflict and begin the process of reconstruction. With the help of local "volunteers" we set out into the streets.

As we moved through the city, we encountered scenes of devastation—crumbled buildings, shattered windows, and debris-strewn streets. It was a stark reminder of the cost of stupidly resisting the protection of the CS.

With each brick laid and each beam raised, we were not just rebuilding buildings, but rebuilding lives and communities.
With this in mind, I set out to again meet with local community leaders.
Many still harboring resentment and mistrust toward CS forces, but I know they will kiss the CS boot or be crushed by it.
darthauthor
Hero

Ladies and gentlemen,

I stand before you today with an important announcement from the Coalition States, a message of hope and reassurance in these troubled times. As the Commander, it is my duty to ensure the safety and security of every citizen within our city's walls, and I take that responsibility with the utmost seriousness.

I am pleased to inform you that the Coalition States troopers will be taking decisive action to safeguard the transportation of valuable shipments within our city and the major supply truck shipments in and out of our city. These shipments are vital to our community's well-being, providing us with the resources we need to thrive and prosper.

From this day forward, our troopers will stand as vigilant guardians, ensuring the safe delivery of these vital supplies from hijackers and protection racketeers who seek to disrupt our way of life. We will not allow their nefarious schemes to succeed, nor will we tolerate any threats to our city's prosperity.

Rest assured, every precaution will be taken to secure these shipments, with troopers deployed along convoy routes and at key checkpoints to deter any would-be attackers. We will use all means at our disposal to protect our citizens and preserve the integrity of our city's supply chain.

But let me be clear: our efforts alone are not enough. We need your cooperation, your support, and your vigilance to ensure the success of this vital mission. I call upon each and every one of you to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious activity.

Together, we will overcome these challenges, emerge stronger than ever before, and build a future worthy of our hopes and dreams. The Coalition States stands ready to serve and protect, and with your help, we will ensure a brighter tomorrow for all.

Thank you, and may the spirit of unity guide us in the days ahead.

Note: The CS takes advantage of their position of “protection” to perform an inspection and inventory. They will know what the cargo is and to whom it is officially going. The CS in some cases is actually supplying the vehicles for transportation. In theory, reliable and safe trade will improve the quality of life.
darthauthor
Hero

Ladies and gentlemen,

I stand before you today with an important announcement from the Coalition States, a message of hope and reassurance in these troubled times. As the Commander, it is my duty to ensure the safety and security of every citizen within our city's walls, and I take that responsibility with the utmost seriousness.

I am pleased to inform you that the Coalition States troopers will be taking decisive action to safeguard the transportation of valuable shipments within our city and the major supply truck shipments in and out of our city. These shipments are vital to our community's well-being, providing us with the resources we need to thrive and prosper.

From this day forward, our troopers will stand as vigilant guardians, ensuring the safe delivery of these vital supplies from hijackers and protection racketeers who seek to disrupt our way of life. We will not allow their nefarious schemes to succeed, nor will we tolerate any threats to our city's prosperity.

Rest assured, every precaution will be taken to secure these shipments, with troopers deployed along convoy routes and at key checkpoints to deter any would-be attackers. We will use all means at our disposal to protect our citizens and preserve the integrity of our city's supply chain.

But let me be clear: our efforts alone are not enough. We need your cooperation, your support, and your vigilance to ensure the success of this vital mission. I call upon each and every one of you to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious activity.

Together, we will overcome these challenges, emerge stronger than ever before, and build a future worthy of our hopes and dreams. The Coalition States stands ready to serve and protect, and with your help, we will ensure a brighter tomorrow for all.

Thank you, and may the spirit of unity guide us in the days ahead.

Note: The CS takes advantage of their position of “protection” to perform an inspection and inventory. They will know what the cargo is and to whom it is officially going. The CS in some cases is actually supplying the vehicles for transportation. In theory, reliable and safe trade will improve the quality of life.

The next day:
The sun hung low in the sky, casting long shadows across the dusty road as the convoy of CS troopers rumbled through the outskirts of the small city. They were on high alert, knowing that danger lurked in the shadows, waiting to strike.

Suddenly, the silence was shattered by the sharp crack of gunfire as the convoy was ambushed from all sides. The troopers sprang into action, returning fire with precision and skill. They were prepared for this, trained for this moment, and they fought back with determination and resolve.

But the ambush was just the beginning. The criminals were relentless, their gunfire echoing through the air as they pursued the troopers with single-minded determination. The troopers knew they couldn't outrun them forever, but they had a plan.

As the convoy raced down the winding road, they suddenly pulled to a stop, the troopers leaping out and taking cover behind their vehicles. The criminals followed suit, their guns trained on the troopers as they approached cautiously.

But as the criminals moved in to unload the cargo from the convoy, they were met with a surprise. Hidden inside were CS troopers, waiting patiently for their moment to strike. With lightning speed, they sprang into action, subduing the criminals and securing the area.

It was all a trap, a carefully orchestrated plan to catch the criminals in the act. And now, as the dust settled and the sun dipped below the horizon, the troopers emerged victorious, their mission accomplished.

Back in the small city, the Commander wasted no time in delivering justice. The criminals were brought before him for a quick public trial, their fate sealed as he sentenced them to years of hard labor in a labor camp in the city.

As the sun rose on a new day, the small city breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that their streets were a little safer thanks to the bravery and dedication of the CS troopers.
darthauthor
Hero

Ladies and gentlemen,

As your appointed leader and representative of the Coalition States, it is my duty and privilege to address you today. In the spirit of progress and unity, I come bearing news that will undoubtedly bring comfort and connection to our community.

In our ever-evolving world, communication has become paramount. It is the lifeline that connects us to our loved ones, our colleagues, and our fellow citizens across the vast expanse of our great nation. Yet, in the face of adversity, our ability to stay connected has been challenged.

Today, I stand before you to announce a new initiative that will revolutionize the way we communicate. The Coalition States is proud to introduce digital video recordings, a groundbreaking technology, invented by the finest minds of the CS that will allow each and every one of you to send messages to your families, friends, and business connections in other towns within our territories.

No longer will distance separate us from those we hold dear. With this innovative system, you will have the power to share your love with the touch of a button. Whether it be a heartfelt message to a distant relative, a business proposal to a colleague, or simply a word of encouragement to a friend, the possibilities are endless.

But let us remember that with great power comes great responsibility. It is imperative that we utilize this technology with care and consideration for others. We MUST share and use it to strengthen the bonds that unite us, to foster understanding and compassion, and to build a brighter future for generations to come.

In closing, I urge you all to embrace this new era of communication with open hearts and open minds. Together, let us seize the opportunities that lie before us and pave the way for a tomorrow filled with hope, connection, and unity.

Thank you, and may the Coalition States continue to prosper under our collective efforts.

The Commander (Captain Jackson "Ironclad" Reynolds)

Note to CS Control:
78% compliance so far.
The people have taken to the video recordings.
Our limited Ai and human programmers are working diligently and successfully to analyze the recordings. Soon we will have a record of family relations and relationships. The final video we put together will compliment the CS and speak of its greatness. The subliminal messaging will gradually program our audience to conform to the CS and trust it. Over years we will know their secrets and who the most important people are in their lives.

CS today.
CS tomorrow.
CS forever.
darthauthor
Hero

Dear residents of Little Chi-Town,

I stand before you today with a message of hope and progress. As your Commander and representative of the Coalition States, it is my honor to announce a new initiative aimed at improving the quality of life for all members of our community.

It is no secret that agriculture is the backbone of our society. Our farmers work tirelessly to feed our families and sustain our way of life. Yet, they often face challenges beyond their control, from harsh weather conditions to limited resources.

That is why I am proud to announce that the Coalition States will be providing our local farmers with new and improved crop seeds, as well as new stock for animal husbandry. These advancements in agricultural technology will empower our farmers to increase their yields, improve their livestock, and ultimately enhance the prosperity of our entire community.

But this initiative is about more than just improving crop yields and increasing profits. It is about investing in the future of our city, and ensuring that every member of our community has the opportunity to thrive. By providing our farmers with the tools they need to succeed, we are laying the foundation for a brighter, more prosperous future for generations to come.

Science has always been mankind's tool to enlightenment and salvation. It is through the pursuit of knowledge and innovation that we are able to overcome the challenges that face us, and build a better world for ourselves and our children.

So let us embrace this new chapter in our city's history with open arms and open minds. Let us work together to build a future where no one is left behind, and where the fruits of our labor are shared by all.

Thank you, and may the Coalition States continue to prosper under our collective efforts.

The Commander

Subject: Mission Update - Successful Implementation of Agricultural Initiative

To: Coalition States High Command

Priority: Classified

I am pleased to report that Operation Green Thumb has been successfully executed in Little Chi-Town. The distribution of genetically engineered crop seeds and livestock to local farmers has been met with widespread acceptance and enthusiasm. The farmers have embraced the new technology and are eager to begin planting.

The secret remains safe within the city. None of the residents are aware of the true nature of the seeds and livestock they have received. Our operatives have ensured that all transactions have been conducted discreetly, and there have been no suspicions raised.

As planned, the genetically engineered seeds are designed exclusively to promote the CS as the ultimate nation. It benefits humans loyal to the CS, being resistant to bacteria, diseases, drought, and insects, while also providing preventive medicine benefits to the consumers. It's expected that these people, like the average CS citizens, won't even question why they don't get the same diseases that plague communities outside the States. They have never heard of diseases like Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, Diabetes, and various types of cancers. With our way of life imposed upon them, even obesity and dieting is a thing of the past. Additionally, the seeds are engineered to be sterile, ensuring that farmers will have to rely on the Coalition for future seed supplies. While any thieves who steal the seed or food won't be able to reproduce it or its qualities.

With the successful implementation of this initiative, we anticipate that the people of Little Chi-Town will become increasingly dependent on the Coalition States for their food supply. In five years' time, we expect to have complete control over the city's agricultural sector, further solidifying our influence in the region.

I will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates as necessary.

Very Respectfully,

The Commander
darthauthor
Hero

Ladies and gentlemen,

I stand before you today with a grave matter to address, one that concerns the safety and security of us all. As you may be aware, our nation, the Coalition States, faces a unique challenge—one that strikes at the very heart of our beliefs and values.

For too long, we have been in danger, a danger that stem from the realm of magic. While some may scoff at the notion of magic, dismissing it as mere superstition, I assure you that its threats are very real. We have witnessed firsthand the havoc wreaked by rogue mages, those who would use their powers for nefarious purposes, manipulating the very forces of life and death.

It is for this reason that I come to you today with a proposal—a proposal that may seem drastic, but one that is necessary for the preservation of our way of life. I propose that we institute a policy of mandatory cremation for all of our deceased. This is not a decision taken lightly, but one born out of a deep-seated concern for the safety and well-being of our community.

By cremating our dead, we eliminate the risk of their remains falling into the wrong hands, into the hands of those who would seek to harness their power for dark and sinister purposes. We must not allow our loved ones to become pawns in the schemes of these malevolent forces. It is our duty, our solemn obligation, to ensure that their final resting place is one of peace and tranquility, free from the threat of desecration.

Furthermore, I propose that this policy be extended to all future deaths within our city. Each and every individual who passes from this world must be cremated, their remains consigned to the flames so that they may find eternal rest.

I understand that this may be a difficult pill to swallow, that it may go against the traditions and customs of our people. But I implore you to consider the alternative—to consider the consequences of inaction. We cannot afford to let our fear of change cloud our judgment, to let sentimentality blind us to the dangers that lurk in the shadows.

Together, we can take a stand against the forces of darkness, against those who would seek to sow chaos and destruction in our midst. Together, we can ensure the safety and security of our city, our home.

Thank you, my fellow citizens, for your attention and your consideration. Let us face this challenge with courage and resolve, united in our determination to protect all that we hold dear.

The Commander
darthauthor
Hero

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you for gathering here today. I stand before you as a representative of the Coalition States, deeply committed to the well-being and prosperity of our community.

We face a challenging and ever-changing world, one in which information moves at an unprecedented speed, often outpacing our ability to discern truth from falsehood. With this in mind, I bring you an important message about communication, trust, and the steps we must take to safeguard our future.

In recent times, we have seen the devastating effects of misinformation and deceit. Lies and half-truths have the uncanny ability to spread rapidly, sowing discord and confusion among us. They undermine the very fabric of our society, eroding the trust we have in each other and in our institutions. It has become painfully clear that, in order to protect the well-being of our city, we must take decisive action.

To this end, the Coalition States is implementing a new edict regarding radio communication. Effective immediately, all communication channels will be strictly monitored and regulated. This measure is not taken lightly, but it is essential for preserving the integrity of the information we rely on. By ensuring that all communication goes through approved channels, we can protect ourselves from the pernicious influence of falsehoods.

We are fully aware that this might feel like a significant change. You may wonder why such stringent measures are necessary. However, the CS are the only source of information that you can trust. Our commitment is to verify all information, ensuring that what reaches you is accurate.

The countryside around us has been plagued by fraud, misinformation, and malicious rumors. These have caused unnecessary fear and anxiety among our people. By jamming unauthorized radio communications and controlling the flow of information, we are taking a proactive step to ensure that only verified, trustworthy information is disseminated. This is not about limiting your freedom; it is about protecting you from the harmful effects of deceit.

We understand that trust must be earned, and we are dedicated to earning yours every day. Our goal is to create an environment where you can feel secure in the knowledge that the information you receive is accurate and dependable. This will enable you to make informed decisions for yourselves and your families, free from the shadow of doubt and fear.

We are committed to a stable society and we will keep you both safe and informed. Our dedicated team of experts is working tirelessly to ensure that the truth always prevails. We believe that by working together, we can build a stronger, more resilient community, where trust and truth form the foundation of our shared future.

In closing, I ask for your understanding and cooperation as we implement these measures. Know that they are designed with your best interests. Together, we will navigate these challenging times, emerging stronger and more united. The Coalition States stands with you, now and always, committed to your safety, your well-being, and the truth.

Thank you for your attention, and may we move forward with confidence and resolve.

The Commander
darthauthor
Hero

Ladies and gentlemen,

People of our beloved city,

I stand before you today to discuss a matter of great importance to our community and our future. As the Commander, my foremost duty is to ensure the safety, security, and prosperity of every citizen in our city. It is with this responsibility in mind that I address you today regarding the current state of our correctional system.

Our city, like many others, has faced significant challenges in dealing with crime and rehabilitation. The statistics speak for themselves: two out of three of those released from our prisons are rearrested within three years, and at the decade mark, a staggering four out of five have been re-arrested. These numbers are not just unacceptable; they are a clear indication that the current system is failing us. It is failing the individuals within it. They have failed our community.

The Coalition States has taken notice of these issues, and we are committed to making a change. Effective immediately, the Coalition States is assuming control of the correctional system. This is not a decision made lightly, but one driven by necessity and a desire to create a better, safer environment for all.

In the coming days, those currently held in our city jail will be transferred to state-of-the-art facilities. The expenses for transportation and care will be fully covered by the Coalition, ensuring that no additional burden is placed on our local resources. These new facilities are equipped with the most effective methods in the discoveries in correctional science. The CS measures are designed to address the root causes of criminal behavior and provide individuals with the tools they need to successfully reintegrate the members back into society.

Our goal is not just to punish, but to reintegrate. We believe that every individual has the potential to make a contribution to the people. By leveraging the tried and true science, we aim to drastically reduce recidivism rates and help former offenders become productive, law-abiding citizens once more.

This transition represents a new chapter for our city—a chapter where we prioritize rehabilitation over retribution, where we invest in the future of our community by ensuring that those who have made mistakes have the opportunity to make amends and rebuild their lives.

I understand that change can be unsettling, and I acknowledge the concerns that some of you may have. Rest assured, the Coalition States is dedicated to maintaining transparency and accountability throughout this process. We will keep you informed every step of the way, and we will work tirelessly to ensure that our new correctional system is fair, humane, and effective.

Together, we can create a safer, more just society. Together, we can break the cycle of crime and recidivism that has plagued our community for too long. I ask for your support and cooperation as we embark on this journey toward a brighter future for all.

Thank you.

Captain Jackson "Ironclad" Reynolds
Commander of the Coalition States Army

**Confidential Report**

To: Coalition States High Command

From: Captain Jackson "Ironclad" Reynolds, Commander of Little Chi-Town

Subject: Implementation of New Correctional Measures

---

Overview:

This report outlines the current status and future plans for the correctional system overhaul in Little Chi-Town. The implementation has commenced, and initial tests and measurements of the inmates have been completed. Immediate action is required to ensure the smooth transition and transportation of these individuals to designated correctional facilities.

---

Testing and Measurement:

The methods were employed to assess and categorize the inmates. The testing focused on psychological profiling, behavioral analysis, and risk assessment. The results have been documented and will serve as the basis for individualized rehabilitation programs.

Separation and Allocation:

Based on the assessment results, inmates have been categorized and separated accordingly. Those deemed suitable for rehabilitation will be sent to the designated facilities. This separation is crucial to ensure tailored rehabilitation efforts and to mitigate potential risks within the general inmate population.

These irredeemable scum are marked.
Their deaths will be one less mouth to feed.
Good for the right of passage (execution) for CS special forces and officers.
While their organs are cheaper than bio-systems or cybernetics.
Good practice too for the student surgeons.
They need only live long enough to be a good match for CS citizens.
Their blood and body parts will do the CS more than they ever did alive.
The rest of the remains can be used for experimentation.
The few psychics in the lot will make good game for our Psi-Stalkers to feed upon.

Transportation Scheduling:

Immediate scheduling of prisoner transportation is required. Coordination with transportation units and securing appropriate logistics support are imperative to avoid delays. Please expedite the necessary arrangements and provide confirmation of the transportation schedule at your earliest convenience.

Communication and Documentation:

All of the inmates lack literacy, rendering the expectation of their informing their families impossible. To address this, video documentation will be prepared for each inmate. These videos will serve as a means of communication with their social networks, addressing any inquiries about their well-being and status.

Community Reintegration Policy:

A critical component of the new correctional measures is the policy regarding community reintegration. Inmates will be informed that, as part of the rehabilitation process, those who have criminally victimized members of the community will not be allowed to return. This policy is designed to enhance public safety and foster a sense of security within the community.

Conclusion:

The successful implementation of these measures requires prompt action and coordination. The steps outlined above are essential to achieving the desired outcomes and ensuring the long-term effectiveness. Your immediate attention and support in facilitating these processes are highly appreciated.

---

Action Required:

1. Confirm transportation scheduling and logistics.
2. Approve the preparation of video documentation for inmate communication.
3. Endorse the community reintegration policy and provide guidance on its implementation.

Your timely response and cooperation are crucial to the success of this initiative.

Respectfully,

Captain Jackson "Ironclad" Reynolds
Commander of Little Chi-Town
Coalition States Army
darthauthor
Hero

Scene: A Busy Marketplace in Little Chi-Town

Characters:
- Martha: A middle-aged farmer, known for her pragmatic views.
- James: A young shopkeeper, enthusiastic about the changes but with lingering doubts.
- Elena: An elderly woman, deeply rooted in traditional practices, skeptical of the Coalition's methods.
- Robert: A former gang member, now working as a delivery truck driver.

Setting: The bustling marketplace of Little Chi-Town, surrounded by vibrant stalls filled with fresh produce, including the new and improved crops. The air is filled with the sounds of vendors calling out their wares, children laughing, and the hum of conversation.

---

Martha: (Inspecting a basket of ripe tomatoes) Can you believe the size of these? Never thought I'd see tomatoes like this growing in our fields.

James: (Nodding, adjusting the goods in his stall) Yeah, the new seeds really did wonders. We’ve had a steady supply since the CS came. No more worrying about food shortages.

Elena: (Shaking her head, holding a bar of soap given by the Coalition) It’s strange, though. I never thought I'd see our town change so much. It’s all happened so quickly.

Robert: (Joining the group, wiping sweat from his brow) Tell me about it. Four months ago, I was running with the gangs, and now I’m delivering goods on time, every time. The roads are safer, and no one's hijacking the trucks anymore.

Martha: (Smiling) It’s hard to believe, isn’t it? The jails are empty, and there’s not a criminal gang left in the city. The Coalition really cleaned this place up.

Elena: (Sighing) I suppose. But digging up our buried loved ones and cremating them? It feels so... disrespectful.

James: (Sympathetic) I understand, Elena. It’s hard to let go of traditions. But they say it’s to keep us safe from those who might misuse the bodies for dark purposes. And at least they do it free of charge.

Robert: (Nodding) Yeah, I didn’t like it at first either. But now, it’s just part of life here. We don’t have to worry about grave robbers or worse.

Martha: (Thoughtful) And the law about handwashing and wearing masks... it’s odd, but we’ve seen fewer illnesses. The free soap is a nice touch, I’ll admit.

Elena: (Softening a bit) I suppose. I do feel healthier. And it's true, we’ve had no drug problems for months. The streets are safer for my grandchildren to play in.

James: (Smiling) And look at us now. We can predict food supplies, we’re healthier, and there’s no more crime. It’s like a whole new world.

Martha: (Agreeing) The Coalition has its ways, that’s for sure. At first, I hated the idea of my parents being dug up. But I stopped visiting the cemetery after a while. We all did. I guess, eventually, we’ll be used to it.

Robert: (Grinning) And we’ve got jobs, steady incomes. I’m not looking over my shoulder anymore. That’s a big change for someone like me.

Elena: (Nodding slowly) Maybe you’re right. It’s not what we’re used to, but maybe it’s for the best. At least my family is safer now.

Martha: (Putting an arm around Elena’s shoulder) We’ll get through this together, like we always have. Change is hard, but sometimes it’s necessary.

James: (Holding up a shiny apple) Here’s to a brighter future, then. For all of us.

Elena: (Smiling) For all of us.

---

The group shares a moment of silence, reflecting on the changes that have swept through Little Chi-Town. The marketplace continues to buzz with activity, a testament to the town’s newfound prosperity and order.

Return to “Rifts®”