Vampires in PF

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Vampires in PF

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Looking for some help finding information in PFRPG books. Are there any vampire intelligences on the Palladium world? Is there a region were they dominate or a book where they are mentioned?

I did a quick search through my books but couldn't find anything. Even just which book has it would help.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
GoliathReturns
Wanderer

Re: Vampires in PF

Unread post by GoliathReturns »

There's only one V.I. in PF, and that's the deity, Vald-Tegor. He actively works to make sure no other VI gets a hold anywhere. You can find more about him in the book Dragons & Gods.

For vampires in general, look in the Western Empire. That book details them (although not as well as a lot of us would like), and that's also the location they seem to have the biggest population (although, if memory serves, there's a few in Timiro).

--
GS
Hrmm.. now I'm eyeballing finishing my updated Gersidi...
Eric42
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Eric42 »

In Dragons & Gods, it does state: "Vampire Note: Erick and I plan on releasing a sourcebook specifically dedicated to the vampires of the Palladium World. That book will contain in-depth information about the undead and their activities. In the meanwhile, players may want to take a peek at Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms for some insights into these inhuman monsters."

I see they never have released said book, but I guess you could also check out Rifts Vampire Kingdoms for info...
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

GoliathReturns wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:20 pmThere's only one V.I. in PF, and that's the deity, Vald-Tegor. He actively works to make sure no other VI gets a hold anywhere. You can find more about him in the book Dragons & Gods.

For vampires in general, look in the Western Empire. That book details them (although not as well as a lot of us would like), and that's also the location they seem to have the biggest population (although, if memory serves, there's a few in Timiro).

--
GS
Hrmm.. now I'm eyeballing finishing my updated Gersidi...
Dragons and Gods, that's what I was looking for. I found some of the stuff in WE PDF but searching for the word "vampire" in a gaming book doesn't help much.

This god and his pantheon is what I was looking for I just couldn't remember which book it was in.

Eric42 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pmIn Dragons & Gods, it does state: "Vampire Note: Erick and I plan on releasing a sourcebook specifically dedicated to the vampires of the Palladium World. That book will contain in-depth information about the undead and their activities. In the meanwhile, players may want to take a peek at Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms for some insights into these inhuman monsters."

I see they never have released said book, but I guess you could also check out Rifts Vampire Kingdoms for info...
RIfts I know almost backward and forward at this point so I was already pulling from that but I wanted some flavor text for the scenario I am writing, religious texts about a heroic vampire god that can sucker some hapless players. PB has always had a problem releasing promised books but I have to imagine that this is one of the ones that fell out due to Erick's death.

Thanks both of you for the help.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Land of the Damned #2 has Vampires (ancient 2ndary) and assortment of (additional) undead types (not sure about LotD#1). Not sure if that will help or if it might have included aspects of what KS and EW where planning.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I see Vald-Tegor as managing the population of vampires somewhat like a game warden... he wants to be sure that there are enough predators in the preserve to keep the prey at reasonable levels, but also wants to be sure that there are not too many. So he creates new master vampires only when necessary, and is willing to punish those that try to overpopulate. Like Kirgi, he draws a lot of power from the prayers of those seeking his protection.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
GoliathReturns
Wanderer

Unread post by GoliathReturns »

Library Ogre wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 am I see Vald-Tegor as managing the population of vampires somewhat like a game warden... he wants to be sure that there are enough predators in the preserve to keep the prey at reasonable levels, but also wants to be sure that there are not too many. So he creates new master vampires only when necessary, and is willing to punish those that try to overpopulate. Like Kirgi, he draws a lot of power from the prayers of those seeking his protection.
I see the game warden analogy as spot on. Because he's making sure nobody else (no other V.I.) is adding extra predators in, too.

Meanwhile, he's got the chimpanzees (humans, elves, dwarves) bringing him bananas (worship) to thank him for keeping vampires in check, while the vampires bring him steaks (more worship), thanking him for letting them exist and feed.

All things considered, the Palladium World could have had a LOT worse situation with the vampires. They lucked out with a smart vampire intelligence

--
GS
What makes the green grass grow?

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”