The Spell Shatter

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

The Spell Shatter

Unread post by darthauthor »

The Spell "Shatter"

One source for the spell is the "Book of Magic" page 95.

The spell lists a range of 20 feet.

Question #1:
"Can this spell be used to SHATTER sunglasses?"

Question #2:
"Can the spell SHATTER Optic Systems like Night Vision goggles?

Question #3:
"Can the spell destroy the scopes on rifles?"

Question #4:
"Can the spell shatter the ice off a thing, like the windshield of a vehicle, while leaving the windshield intact?"

Question #5:
"Would it destroy a flashlight (the bulb)?"
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: The Spell Shatter

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Q1:
Assuming SDC (Sun-)Glasses for simplicity I would say NO. The lens in glasses come in 3 basic materials: glass, plastic, and polycarbonate (the last two are not on the example list, in fact plastic is specifically cited as exempt). Now the older the lens the more likely it is glass in which case yes.

Q2 & Q3:
Military Grade systems here are likely to be made to be very durable and possibly MDC in Rifts (or RT), which would be a No (it only effects SDC items). It's also possible the lens (and other aspects) are not made from glass.

Q4:
It does work on Ice (cited). If the windshield is a MDC construct it won't be an issue. If the windshield is a SDC it will depend on weather you allow it to only work on one object at a time (which is the intent I think), if you view the windshield as separate from the vehicle for the purposes of the spell (remember 100lb/45kg limit) if you don't think it works on one object at a time.

Q5:
An light-bulb made of glass (in a stationary or portable lamp, including flashlight) I think the answer is yes, though it is possible some may be made with plastic.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”