TW Cybernetics

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hadeshorn
D-Bee

TW Cybernetics

Unread post by Hadeshorn »

Can someone direct me towards a resource that has any info on TW cybernetics if there is such a thing?

I've found the necrotic bionics in Rifter 13 and kinda the Psynetic stuff in Mindworks.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Re: TW Cybernetics

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

The Momano Headhunter has some TW Bionics - Book 20: Rifts Canada.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Rifts Bionics Source Book has a section on TW Bionics (reprinted from WB20: Canada), which are exclusively weapon systems IIRC (and most of them have notes on non-implant weapon versions).

The Siege on Tolkeen Series includes TW Bionics for the Daemonix introduced in #2 (and likely more books). IINM some NPCs in this series might also have TW "bionics/cybernetics" (specifically in #6). The Cyber-Knights Cyber-Armor in #4 might be TW in origin.

WB12 also has the CS's TK Artificial Limbs that are psionic powered, so I don't see why a TW couldn't make a magic version (especially given the Daemonix stuff Tolkeen built for them in the SoT series).

Of course there is also the Bio-Wizardry stuff in WB2/21 that might also count as magic limbs.

Source Book 1 (original or revised) has TW options in the Robot RCC section for a power source (and can select most/all bionic options so TW versions are also possible) and the TW 'Borg in the campaign module. I bring up the Robot RCC section due to the Faerie 'Bot race in WB20/30 and their TW vehicles might also be of use.
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Unread post by slade2501 »

Don't forget Rifter 41, with the unofficial TW full conversion borgs.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

slade2501 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:23 pm Don't forget Rifter 41, with the unofficial TW full conversion borgs.
There's also the TW Full-Conversion Borg in South America 1 that Columbia has.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

One might also take a look at the TW Transferred Intellilgences, Robots, and Golems found in Rifter 84.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

... and for more exotic types of magical cybernetics, check out Cybermagic in Nightbane's ToGD (NB WB3)
Ace, TW
D-Bee

Unread post by Ace, TW »

“There's also the TW Full-Conversion Borg in South America 1 that Columbia has.”

I love the concept of the Anti-Monster TW borg.

But I think we can all agree that the OCC might have the least accurate art in any of the books for Rifts.

Nothing about that over muscled, purple, squinty eyed flesh and blood subject on the cover says ‘borg to me at all.
Ace, 10th level Techno Wizard/ 4th level Conjuror extrordinare.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

i don't think the SA "anti-monster TW borg" is techno-wizardry or a borg, but what it is is not really touched on in enough detail to know what it is. an extremely bastardized form of bio-wizardry, maybe.

Return to “Rifts®”