the self replicating skelebot?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

the self replicating skelebot?

Unread post by slade2501 »

Does anyone remember where or what book contained the super experimental skelebot that could clone itself, or the skelebot graveyards?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: the self replicating skelebot?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Skelebot Graveyards are from the Siege on Tolken Series (not in #6 or #4).

I'm not aware of a self-replicating skelebot, even if it was experimental.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

One of the early Rifters (#7, 'Experimental Skelebots').
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

awesome, thanks you. I am working on ways in an adventure for the players to create or build a salvage business to provide income for themselves. it should also benefit the local community by attracting trade and such. trouble might be negotiating with any Black Market operators in the area, or possibly NG/Titan robotics who might desire to purchase from them and or special retrieval commissions to dangerous areas. good times.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

slade2501 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:22 pm ... an adventure for the players to create or build a salvage business to provide income for themselves...
Keep in mind a few things...
Spoiler:
  • There are functional skelebots left in graveyards to deter looters
  • Anyone coming into the area may been seen as a threat for automatic elimination by functional or damaged skelebots, given the asymmetrical nature of the conflict
  • The property is still claimed as CS property and not up for salvage in their eyes, as they have recovery teams which may be assigned to process the graveyards
  • Dirt farmer locals who slip in solo or in small groups to salvage trinkets that represent a lottery win for them may not appreciate someone coming in and taking their future away from them
  • Yes, competitors will be an ongoing threat and are likely to be heavily armed to protect themselves and prevent others from muscling in on the racket
  • NG wouldn't want to be seen buying CS property openly as they are now "allies" - they'd only do it through shady untraceable middlemen
  • CS probably have patrols to search, seize and destroy any magical finds and the people holding them
  • CS gear is likely traceable through transponders, Tolkeenite gear not so much
  • The CS Occupation Authorities probably are as corrupt as they are thorough about preventing looting, so unless you have an established relationship, don't expect leniency or official sanction of reclamation
  • Other deterrents are likely to be a ton of unexploded ordnance and intentionally placed mines or cluster bombs, radioactive zones, and entities and ghoulies galore drawn to the death and destruction
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler

all of this sounds like excellent fodder for good role playing. It is after all 6 square miles of ruined battleground. if the players plan it right and try hard, they might just get away with it.
taalismn
Priest

Grazzik wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:43 pm Other deterrents are likely to be a ton of unexploded ordnance and intentionally placed mines or cluster bombs, radioactive zones, and entities and ghoulies galore drawn to the death and destruction

Tectonic Entities...turning your scrap loot into killer garbage.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler

you know, I actually was working on a way for a killed PC to become a tectonic or possessing entity, stealing robot bodies to adventure with......
taalismn
Priest

slade2501 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:40 am you know, I actually was working on a way for a killed PC to become a tectonic or possessing entity, stealing robot bodies to adventure with......
Experiment with amplified psychic Telemechanics Operation/Possession that went a little TOO far perhaps?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler

or a failed attempt by the CS at Lonestar (what a freakshow they got running) to create pilot mind transference or copying. Then again, all the real ghosts on rifts earth had to come from somewhere, right? Why can't a PC become a vengeful spirit if the moon is high and the P.P.E. rises......
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

slade2501 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:00 pm or a failed attempt by the CS at Lonestar (what a freakshow they got running) to create pilot mind transference or copying. Then again, all the real ghosts on rifts earth had to come from somewhere, right? Why can't a PC become a vengeful spirit if the moon is high and the P.P.E. rises......
Cyberworks had VRRDS tech (MiO pg 62-64). If it had been recovered by the CS, Bandito Arms, FQ, or Apache and integrated with the powers of Psi-Techs, who knows what may happen during a LL storm or dimensional shift...
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Grazzik wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:07 pm
slade2501 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:00 pm or a failed attempt by the CS at Lonestar (what a freakshow they got running) to create pilot mind transference or copying. Then again, all the real ghosts on rifts earth had to come from somewhere, right? Why can't a PC become a vengeful spirit if the moon is high and the P.P.E. rises......
Cyberworks had VRRDS tech (MiO pg 62-64). If it had been recovered by the CS, Bandito Arms, FQ, or Apache and integrated with the powers of Psi-Techs, who knows what may happen during a LL storm or dimensional shift...
While Cyberworks has VRRDS tech, Triax has something similar in WB5 (pg166-9) plus brain transplants (basically Cyborg) and use of M.O.M tech for mind transference (both ways). The M.O.M tech even considers what happens to the mind when the robot body is destroyed (pg168 WB5 point#4).
TaheenSomosiline
Newb

Unread post by TaheenSomosiline »

you might be remembering details from the Savage Rifts roleplaying game setting. Specifically:

Skelebot Graveyards: Mentioned in the Dawn of Tomorrow campaign setting sourcebook.
The specific "super experimental skelebot" with cloning abilities is harder to pinpoint without more details. Savage Rifts has a vast amount of lore, so checking the Savage Rifts main rulebook or specific splatbooks (supplements) focused on robots or technology might be helpful.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

it's rifter 7, page 65 through 67. the Super-Skelebot, which is a biomechanical skelebot (really, closer to being a cyborg) mixing cloned flesh with manufactured robot. it has the ability to fuel itself by eating dead enemies, can heal itself to a degree, and give birth to a new copy of itself every 2 months.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”