The Spells Ignite Fire and Fuel Flame

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

The Spells Ignite Fire and Fuel Flame

Unread post by darthauthor »

I am writing of these two invocation spells found in the book Rifts ultimate edition Page 202.

Questions that come to mind are
If a player or villian prowls up on a camp can they start a fire on or near enough someone that they could cast the Fuel Flame spell to burn them?

What would the appropriate damage be to the NPCs / Villians?
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: The Spells Ignite Fire and Fuel Flame

Unread post by Grazzik »

If you use Ignite Fire to start the fire, anyone in the area of effect (3ft) has 30 seconds to put it out without any damage. If you double the size of the fire (AoE 6ft) with Fuel Flame, I would simply reduce that time by half - 15 seconds. Once the fire gets going after that time, damage is as listed in the spell Ignite Fire (2d6/round). Fuel Fire could be used again to double the size of the fire again (AoE 12ft), but given the size of the flame at that point, the damage wouldn't change since it had already been the size of a person. The only impact would be expanding the AoE and igniting other flammable objects/people.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: The Spells Ignite Fire and Fuel Flame

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

The listed damage seems appropriate. Fuel Flame only improves the size of the fire, it doesn't improve the damage. Now if you had Burster and they used Super Fuel Flame (psionic class power) you could "Damage: Increased proportional to the size of the fire, G.M discretion."

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”