Mind bond copy psi powers

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lostboy
D-Bee

Mind bond copy psi powers

Unread post by Lostboy »

Does using mind bond on another psychic allow it's user to use the psi powers of the person it is used on?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Mind bond copy psi powers

Unread post by The Beast »

Lostboy wrote:Does using mind bond on another psychic allow it's user to use the psi powers of the person it is used on?

No.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Niope
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Yeah not at all.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I have allowed a mind bond (in the fantasy game) to allow knowledge of learned spell magic! But the limitation is amount of PPE the psychic has. It was an intersting way for the party to temporary have access to a spell of legend for a specific scenario.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

The Dark Elf wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:44 am I have allowed a mind bond (in the fantasy game) to allow knowledge of learned spell magic! But the limitation is amount of PPE the psychic has. It was an intersting way for the party to temporary have access to a spell of legend for a specific scenario.
No... just NO. Magic spell casting isn't just a skill like mechanics that relies on muscle memory and knowledge - it's like Quantum Physics on crack, requiring an understanding of reality, and how it can be bent or broken, that just cannot be imparted through simple copying of knowledge. It would be like saying a blind psychic could paint because they copied Art skill from someone else - sure in theory, but they're STILL lacking the primary sense needed to actually paint. Similar concept.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Mind bond doesn't grant psychic powers or magic spells. No, just no.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”