Largest gaming group?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Re: Largest gaming group?

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

Way too much and I was under the influence of, well I won't get into that. I was young and dumb. But the game itself wasn't too bad except for two loud mouth drunks that I took care of once they went looking for a malt liquor lake and to equal their "awesomeness", I plinked them to death with angry fairies. A group that large needs everybody to comply and to be respectful to the GM and other players. But I don't run big games anymore mostly due to the fact combat takes long enough as it is with smaller groups. Big groups makes the story suffer and I've become a pretty big story teller with minimal combat in most games.
Gimpman
D-Bee

Unread post by Gimpman »

I've done 10 in Heroes Unlimited. Without issue.
I did 16 in WoD. But started losing players.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I think in a single one-shot session I had 8 people. My regular group is usually no more than 4 though.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

It has been a long time now but I think the largest at a time was at OwlCon HU game that had I want to say 11 or 13 players. All I remember is that several games were canceled due to weather so I had extra players using 2 of each character (I was running 2 HU games so had 2 sets of characters so extra players changed the names and played those) I also had one person running a character on his lap top. That was an interesting game as I planned on 5 or 6 and ended up with 11 or 13.

The largest group I ran regularly was a Phase World group in college that had almost 20 but most sessions only had 50 to 10 players. Except our final game after finals, it was almost 9 hours and almost everyone showed for at least a few hours and around 10 were there the whole time.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
knightmare6
D-Bee

Unread post by knightmare6 »

Largest in-person group was decades ago for AD&D: 2nd Edition! We did 26 players and had three DMs running it. It was such a horrible experience and a round of combat was like 2-hours long!!!

When I started my play-by-post game in a Facebook group a few years ago, it was for a Heroes Unlimited/Nightbane crossover game, since there was a mix of players, and that's what the campaign started off as, I had a total of 23 players at the start, but it was manageable since it was play-by-post. As time passed though, many dropped out, and the game currently hovers around 8-10 average players, as some take hiatuses due to real-life matters, depression, children, therapy, and what-not.
Last edited by knightmare6 on Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Bee

Unread post by Gimpman »

I just pulled off 14 players with 5 npc active in the session. It went good. Still has a Hellava fight.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”