Looking for something I thought was in one of the books...

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Looking for something I thought was in one of the books...

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

I would have sworn one of the books (be it the Palladium version or the RPG.inc version had a story in it about ambushes and avoiding patterns/behaviors so you don't get killed.

Something about someone taking the same path every day at the same time from a village or camp to a river or stream maybe, then getting ambushed or stepping onto a mine or some kind of trap.

I thought it was in one of the books along with an artist rendering...but I can't find it.

Maybe it was some random Vietnam book I read about LRRPs, or maybe Tour of Duty on TV, but I would have sworn it was in one of the RPG books...anyone?
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
slade the sniper
Hero

Re: Looking for something I thought was in one of the books.

Unread post by slade the sniper »

It certainly sounds familiar... but I can't find it either. I've read more than a few books that have something similar in it, but I think the closest one is Platoon Leader by James. R. Mcdonough... although it is a pretty common theme. "Don't use the same route."

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: Looking for something I thought was in one of the books.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I think it's in some of the 'in character' text in Recon.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”