Non-Atlantean Magic Tattoos

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

crb2099
D-Bee

Non-Atlantean Magic Tattoos

Unread post by crb2099 »

Hey all! I'm curious what other kinds of magic tattoos exist outside of the Atlantean/Splugorth/Chaing-Ku variety. I know there are Yakuza tattoos of strength in Japan, but what else has been done in the books and/or issues of The Rifter?
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Non-Atlantean Magic Tattoos

Unread post by NMI »

Palladium Fantasy / Eastern Territories / The Danzi race has their own kind of tattoos that are fueled from HP or ISP [I forget which] to power the tattoos.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Non-Atlantean Magic Tattoos

Unread post by 13eowulf »

crb2099 wrote:Hey all! I'm curious what other kinds of magic tattoos exist outside of the Atlantean/Splugorth/Chaing-Ku variety. I know there are Yakuza tattoos of strength in Japan, but what else has been done in the books and/or issues of The Rifter?

In addition to the Danzi tattos the Deific One mentioned above (Palladium Fantasy Book 11 Eastern Territories, pg 34-38), the Yakuza Tattoos got expanded in Rifter #29 (around page 80).

Another option is in Nightbane: Through the Glass Darkly, pages 44-45. That is the section for for creating Charms, where it is explicitly noted that "A Fleshsculptor might tattoo charms onto the skin of the recipient" (the Fleshsculptor spell Summon Tattoo is on page 67).

A Diabolist (from the Palladium Fantasy main book) can place some wards on a living being, this may be in the form of a tattoo.

Some of the magical Nazcan Line Drawings may be placed/tattooed onto living beings (Rifts South America 2), there is even a class based around this, but not exclusively limited to that class (if memory serves), albeit the options are limited.

Those are the ones I have come across. Hope that helps.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”