A Villian template to battle a tech hero

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

A Villian template to battle a tech hero

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

So I love tech characters. I play a number of them and make use of several of the tech options for even my non-tech builds. My love of all things tech can cause the gm a great deal of work to challenge or counter my builds. While there are powers that can shut down tech builds, they tend to be gimmicky or trick builds and while they knock down my build, not so useful against the group. And that's a sizable investment in time and game resources for just me.

But my gm had a clever idea. While we were in hell, my Analitical genius had to ditch his power armor. 2 part adventure and I spent a game and a half without my center piece gear. Everyone was depowered and it was ton of fun!

Neat thing was, while my armor was toast, the gm had a demon infest the suit and and twist it into a reoccurring villain. The GM used the magic weapon template, though the symbiote template and magic/empowerment would also work.

A creepy edge lord who wanted to perve on a girl summoned it from hell. He had a small amount of magic, and a high natural PPE. He's the tether.The suit basically devoured him leaving a dedicated corpse in the suit,, even though he shouldn't have died from the force used. After his defeat, a guy from SCRET was the next victim. He was a hell of a fighter, well trained plus the first guy's magic. He'd be a real PITA for me, but when we captured him and pulled the suit off, he was dead too. The last wearer was a journalist, she was doing a story on SCRET, and had gotten a hold of the suit. She had the magic, the fighting skills and the investigative journalist's mind and contacts.

This demon incursion was a major problem for me. Annoying to start but out fought by an experienced fighter, then deadly but stopped up my my character's problem solving, then finally as smart and skilled as I was in the game finnally.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Re: A Villian template to battle a tech hero

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

To expand, the core concept is that the character is the suit of armor and not the person wearing it. This borrows from a concept in Rifts Mercenaries, power armor and robot vehicles that were actually demons tied to the machine that would slowly bind to the pilot and turn the hybrid into a more powerful demon. With a lower carbon foot print. :)

Each pilot is consumed by the armor and makes it more powerful, but each one lets the GM, rethink the way they do things and vary up to my ever changing character.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
RockJock
Knight

Re: A Villian template to battle a tech hero

Unread post by RockJock »

Love the concept, and the fact that the GM can make this such a foil for you, without messing with the rest of the team/counter.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”