Scholar's Review: The Bazaar #25 - Rifts Online Fandom

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

desrocfc
Explorer
Comment: Promoting great storytelling fiction and in games, for GMs and players alike.

Scholar's Review: The Bazaar #25 - Rifts Online Fandom

Unread post by desrocfc »

So, another blog post that I've been looking forward to post.

So, let’s talk social media and third-party content producers! One of the key indicators of support for a game and its scope on the gaming market is the outreach and production of posts and videos by those that support it. Youtube videos and podcasts are likely the gold-standard, with table-top RPG (TTRPG) industry leaders like Wizards of the Coast, unsurprisingly, demonstrating the most in terms of quantity and quality. Representing a percentage within a niche gaming market, Palladium Books does have some online content creators. In this post I thought we’d take a look at the current and active participants in the third-party content production for Palladium Books games. From articles, to reviews and discussions on various topics, or gaming sessions recorded for your listening pleasure, please give these guys a listen or a read, and help support this market of volunteers who help promote Palladium Books.

https://www.scholarlyadventures.com/pos ... ine-fandom

So what are you looking for in online third-party content? Which is your favorite medium? What would you like to see more of that may not be currently or under-represented?
Francois DesRochers

http://www.scholarlyadventures.com/blog [A Rifts RPG Blog]
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Scholar's Review: The Bazaar #25 - Rifts Online Fandom

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

One thing worth noting is that many of the Facebook groups have a sizeable population of posters who were banned from the forums for disruptive behavior. (Attacking other posters and or the company staff, trolling, offensive language and material, etc) who congregated on FB due to the general laxer moderation powers on that platform. as a result they have a very different and somewhat more chaotic environment than the much more strictly moderated forum and discord channel.

And are you taking suggestions for older blogs/podcasts that people might be interested in? Because the old "gateway to the megaverse" podcast has a lot of material worth checking out even for current players, thanks to the interviews they did with the staff, artists, and freelancers. Gives some good insight into how the company works and how books are created.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
desrocfc
Explorer
Comment: Promoting great storytelling fiction and in games, for GMs and players alike.

glitterboy2098 wrote:One thing worth noting is that many of the Facebook groups have a sizeable population of posters who were banned from the forums for disruptive behavior. (Attacking other posters and or the company staff, trolling, offensive language and material, etc) who congregated on FB due to the general laxer moderation powers on that platform. as a result they have a very different and somewhat more chaotic environment than the much more strictly moderated forum and discord channel.

Facebook is very much a hit or miss kind of environment. I have little trouble imagining some of the posters as this "disruptive" crowd. Alternatively, some groups are very cliquish - there is one of the groups that the moderators deleted my posts discussing blog article issues because I included an outside link (to my blog). The caustic attitude from the Mod, which ironically breached their own Group Rules, was enough for me to not bother trying to get back in.

glitterboy2098 wrote:And are you taking suggestions for older blogs/podcasts that people might be interested in? Because the old "gateway to the megaverse" podcast has a lot of material worth checking out even for current players, thanks to the interviews they did with the staff, artists, and freelancers. Gives some good insight into how the company works and how books are created.

I have absolutely no issues going back and adding another third party content producer. There were, unfortunately, a good number of the links to content creators listed on the PB website that are defunct, so I may have missed something.

I'll see if I can track them down. Thanks.
Francois DesRochers

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

desrocfc wrote:So, another blog post that I've been looking forward to post.

So, let’s talk social media and third-party content producers! One of the key indicators of support for a game and its scope on the gaming market is the outreach and production of posts and videos by those that support it. Youtube videos and podcasts are likely the gold-standard, with table-top RPG (TTRPG) industry leaders like Wizards of the Coast, unsurprisingly, demonstrating the most in terms of quantity and quality. Representing a percentage within a niche gaming market, Palladium Books does have some online content creators. In this post I thought we’d take a look at the current and active participants in the third-party content production for Palladium Books games. From articles, to reviews and discussions on various topics, or gaming sessions recorded for your listening pleasure, please give these guys a listen or a read, and help support this market of volunteers who help promote Palladium Books.

https://www.scholarlyadventures.com/pos ... ine-fandom

So what are you looking for in online third-party content? Which is your favorite medium? What would you like to see more of that may not be currently or under-represented?

Have you considered Discord or other such communities? I know there are several Discord servers (all fan-run).
There is even a link to the largest one on the main Palladium site under the Community tab.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
desrocfc
Explorer

13eowulf wrote:<snip>

Have you considered Discord or other such communities? I know there are several Discord servers (all fan-run).
There is even a link to the largest one on the main Palladium site under the Community tab.

I'll be honest with you, I completely fanned-out with Discord. So yes, there are at least a few communities I could and likely should add on.

Thanks!
Francois DesRochers

Return to “Rifts®”